Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
terrible podcaster
15000+ posts
OP Offline
terrible podcaster
15000+ posts
...this time it's my biological family. I've been in contact with them off and on since I was 21 and more consistently since getting married. I may have mentioned that my younger brother took his own life in a dissociative and probably schizophrenic episode close to two years ago. now, my birth mother is back in the hospital for the second time in as many months with the same one-two punch of pneumonia on top of COPD. while she's been in there, they've also discovered she's suffering from congestive heart failure, as well as type 2 diabetes because why the hell not? anyway, my sisters and I are pretty distraught over what she's going through. my sisters have a lot of regrets because they've spent most of their adult lives fighting with my mother - and each other - off and on over any number of little things. I feel a lot of anxiety because as you know I've had to face losing one parent already, and I also feel a bit of regret because I haven't had all that much time to get to know my birth mother or tell her I don't hold anything against her for the past. it's complicated. anyway, if you could please keep my biological family in your thoughts I'd appreciate it. thanks.

go.

ᴚ ᴀ ᴐ ᴋ ᴊ ᴌ ᴧ
ಠ_ಠ
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts

Hope things work out for the best, Phil. And what family isn't without problems and conflicts?

In any case, regardless of what happened in the past, I'm sure your mom would be happy and encouraged by having you in her life now, just letting her know you care, even if it's just a few minutes on the phone to make few jokes and cheer her up.

I'm amazed when I've resumed contact with relatives, once you start talking again, how quickly the past just disappears.

Doog the MIGHTY
10000+ posts
Doog the MIGHTY
10000+ posts
Jesus man I'm sorry. Look dude I have a faint idea of where you work and it's not to far from me. If you need to just hang and vent please call me. Pm me and I'll give you my number

terrible podcaster
15000+ posts
OP Offline
terrible podcaster
15000+ posts
much appreciated dooglas! my schedule is unadulterated ballz at the present but as soon as that changes we'll make that happen.

go.

ᴚ ᴀ ᴐ ᴋ ᴊ ᴌ ᴧ
ಠ_ಠ

Link Copied to Clipboard