Next Thread
Print Thread
Pariah Offline OP
The conscience of the rkmbs!
15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
So, I'm seeking to rid myself of the bulk of my personal possessions. I'm in a position now where I have to be entirely mobile almost 100% of the time, and I just can't do that with all of my attachments--which I don't want to get rid of, but refuse to leave as a burden for anyone else.

I have very little experience with Ebay or anything else, and I know that store vendors are going to rob me blind. That being said, it looks more and more like I have no choice but to get what I can from them.

Gamestop says they'll take my PS3 games off me--37--for roughly $110 (). The local Mom and Pop gamestore down the street will take my PS2 games--30--for $45 (). I'm not even certain how much I can get for the PS3 itself.

With the exception of my first edition TKJ, all of my trades are apparently only worth a total of fifty to sixty dollars (roughly 10% of cover value), and my back issues will only get me about seven. From what I can tell, I'll only make over a hundred dollars from them.

All of my MTG cards are valued at about $6000, but there's no way I'm getting that amount for them. I still have to do some research to see what kind of return I'll get, but it's probably less that half.

I'm also trying to sell a bunch of TAC gear as well, but I don't expect anyone here to know much about that.

At the end of the day, I see in-person vendor sales only earning me between $3000-$3400 ().

Does anybody have any experience with this stuff? Any advice for online vendors that can help me offload my merchandise quick without prices that are mere pennies on the dollar?

Officially "too old for this shit"
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
If you have to unload anything quick, you're going to get less than if you can take your time. It's just the way it is.

Pariah Offline OP
15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
The loss is extensive, though. Like, fucked up horrible want-to-gouge-my-eyes-out ridiculous.

I'll have to take the plunge within the week, but I'm just searching for an alternative service or a trade secret before I eat that shit sandwich.

Doog the MIGHTY
10000+ posts
Doog the MIGHTY
10000+ posts
Sorry brother, video games and electronics have the resale value of recycled garbage. No trade secrets here...you may get another $20-50 from Craigslist but that's pushing it. The other stuff I'm not qualified to answer but if your trying to offload them in a hurry you may not have a choice but take what you get. Why can't you put your valuable possessions in storage and just have the payments pulled from your bank account? You may be in a position now where you need to be mobile but what about 10-15 years from now? You may feel nostalgia and regret.

Pariah Offline OP
15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
I've considered that, actually. But everywhere I've looked only offers 10x12 rooms at the least. Two consoles, a stack of games, three boxes of cards, a small collection of trade paperbacks, and a 48' TV (depending on whether or not I just leave that with my parents who can actually use it) don't really take up that much space.

I'm also ignorant of what qualifies as good rates. Anybody have experience with that?

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Leave the paperbacks and TV with your parents. Sell the other stuff.

Pariah Offline OP
15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
Goodbye my friends.

I held on to the PS4 games. My parents won't use them, but I figured since they're gonna hold onto the console, it only makes sense to keep it all together--plus there's so few of them that it won't matter to anyone.

I also ended up getting rid of the books as well. Even though there weren't that many, the very presence of them in my parents' home was a fucking albatross. Unfortunately, I forgot to take a picture of them before I sold 'em off. I bought them all for around five hundred, but only got back around two.

Link Copied to Clipboard