Print Thread
#1223933 2017-08-07 9:08 PM
allan1 Offline OP
I'm just sayin'
10000+ posts
OP Offline
I'm just sayin'
10000+ posts
I used to have so many game systems at one time. Every Nintendo console up to the Wii. A Sega Genesis, a PS1, an XBox. Through various life mishaps, I now have an SNES,Gamecube,Wii,PS 1 & PS4. In the last year+,a Retro gaming store opened,closed & reopened at the mall here and I really missed some of the games I used to play and write reviews about. Mostly the N64 stuff has tugged at the nostalgia heartstrings. I've been selling comics in our store's FB auctions every week & have garnered some extra cash. I found myself sifting through eBay listings and have pleasantly discovered that nearly all the N64 games I used to have are fairly cheap with Super Mario 64 being the priciest at $36. Now a console in good condition can run around $80 average which I have no real problem with, it's just actually pulling the trigger on one I feel confident is what it says is condition wise. Still, I've been buying a game here & there. I also have looked at other games for other systems and really, I have to watch myself. Way too easy to just click confirm & purchase. Gonna be a bitch though getting used to that Gob-awful N64 controller again though.

It's a dog eat dog world & I'm wearing milkbone underwear.

I can get you a toe.

1,999,999+ points.

Damn you and your lemonade!!

Booooooooooooooobs.
Son of Anarchist
15000+ posts
Online Content
Son of Anarchist
15000+ posts
Nice. I used to have a Sega Genesis. It was the last Christmas gift given by my grand mom, god bless her soul, and it came with a Yuu Yuu Hakusho cartridge. It's a Japanese fighter based on an anime, and it was way ahead of its time (4v4, desperation moves, in-game transformations, and looked very, very detailed for a 16 bit game.) I think it was the only reason I had friends as a kid. Other kids love to come to our house and do 4v4.

Some of my fondest memories on it involve playing Earthworm Jim and Comix Zone until the wee hours of the morning during Saturdays, and those times when school is cancelled due to heavy rains—it meant that me and my friends could instead spend the rest of the day at home playing games.

Also spent a lot of my teenage years milling around at the mall's arcades, hanging around the Capcom Marvel Super Heroes cabinets. I got a PS1 later on, and was blown away by what I thought at that time was a faithful port. Also did a lot of the Final Fantasy games on the PS1, but I mostly just borrowed discs from my cousins.

Emulation lets me revisit those games/consoles, but can't bring back the actual feel of having a physical console/disc/cartridge. Plus, I no longer have the time to spend on playing games so much, and my reflexes are not as good as they were in my teens. I have a lot of trouble with platformers these days.

Link Copied to Clipboard