Next Thread
Print Thread
"Hey this is PCG342's bro..."
15000+ posts
OP Offline
"Hey this is PCG342's bro..."
15000+ posts
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/trumps-legacy-added-debt-one-term

So much for Republicans being against government spending...

"Are you eating it...or is it eating you?"

[center][Linked Image from i13.photobucket.com] [/center]

[center][Linked Image from i13.photobucket.com][/center]
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
I was stupid enough to believe them during the Clinton era and the Obama era but not anymore. This was always about trying to limit democrats.

Fair play!
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
Originally Posted by Matter-eater Man
I was stupid enough to believe them during the Clinton era and the Obama era but not anymore. This was always about trying to limit democrats.

It's beyond hypocritical when, for example, in Trump's first year, Trump wanted $700 billion to rebuild our military, and the Democrats extorted a $1.6 trillion spending bill loaded with liberal spending, so Trump could rebuild our Obama-destroyed military.

Debt added when W. Bush was president : 4 trillion.

Debt added when Obama was president: 10 trillion.

Debt added when Trump was president: 8 trillion (at least 3 trillion directly spent on the Covid-19 pandemic).

The problem with a big slice of Republicans is that they feed from the same lobbyist/campaign-finance machine as the Democrats, and therefore serve the same masters, against the will of the American people and against the party's minority of Reagan/Tea Party/Freedom Caucus ACTUAL Republican conservatives. But certainly, I'm a conservative, and have been posting topics on the growing national debt problem for at least 15 years, and it's a reason I supported Ross Perot in 1992 and 1996.

Again, see the book OBAMANOMICS by Tim Carney, that details the corporate control over both parties, where they receive corporate donations while in office and advance legislation friendly to corporations, and then are rewarded with high-paying private-sector corporate jobs when they leave office, or as lobbyists, and then re-enter appointed positions in a new administration when their party comes back in power. Examples include John Boehner, Paul Ryan, Rahm Emmanuel, Ron Klain, Tim Geithner and many others. And as we've seen with the children of Joe Biden and John Kerry, those perks and high-paying positions are also given to the extended families of leaders in both parties.

That's the reason many Republicans are willing to bash Donald Trump as president, because Trump threatens to clean up the corrupt system that infests and is enriching members of both parties. It's very easy to see: either take the money, be one of us and we'll make you rich, but if you resist us we'll destroy you.

brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts

Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Trump added a record amount of debt during a period of economic growth. His 4 years of debt is almost equal to Obama’s 8 years. For as long as I’ve been old enough to vote we’ve been in the same cycle of republicans cutting spending if a democrat is president and than increasing spending when they have their guy in the WH. This time I think republicans can just go fuck them selves.

Fair play!
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
As I just pointed out, the Democrats extorted trillions more than Trump would have spent, in the examples I gave. Trump wanted 700 billion for our military, but to get that, Democrats forced Trump to pass a bill with $1.6 trillion in all kinds of liberal earmarked irrelevant spending. That is a Democrat problem, not a Trump problem.

And further, no matter who was president, there would have been trillions legislated in spending in the last year for Covid-19 relief programs, not just in this country, but in every country on earth. You can't fairly blame that on Trump.
As I cited early in the Covid-19 outbreak in China topic, half the nations on earth have gone to the World Bank for loans, because they did not have the financial resources to deal with the crisis. I would argue that Trump handled the crisis better than leaders of other nations, in Trump's exceptional actions of leadership:
1) suspending travel from China and then Europe, to slow the spread and allow preparation,
2) allowing states to determine their own policy to deal with the crisis, specific to each state, in which Republican states had less lockdowns and economic damage and also lower infection rates,
3) provided ventilator machines and other medical field hospitals and equipment far beyond what was expected could be prepared (that Gov Cuomo in New York state unbelievably squandered),
4) has an economy that is coming out of the pandemic faster than any other nation, as evidenced by the brightest and the best worldwide moving their investment capital to the United States as a safe harbor.
5) fast-tracking a Covid-19 vaccine far faster than even Fauci (NIH) or Redfield (CDC) anticipated was even possible.

I would further argue that Trump's decisive leadership will result in far less federal debt spent on Covid-19 recovery than any other president of either party could have achieved. By allowing the country to re-open, and not crippling the economy, as it is doing in Democrat-governed states like California, New York, New Jersey, Michigan....

The fact is, way before Trump's presidency, 75% of the total national debt accumulated under the presidencies of W. Bush and Obama, in just 16 years.
That W. Bush's debt far surpassed any president before him.
That Obama's debt far exceeded even Bush's.
And the same pressures on W. Bush and Obama extorted spending from Trump to pass legislation, even before Covid-19 made it skyrocket.

Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
But you skipped the parts where republican deficit hawks always uncross their legs when they have a republican in the WH. Taxes always get cut for the wealthy and the deficit just gets even larger as spending increases. This really became obvious in Trump’s first 2 years. Nothing was done to reign in spending while republicans in full control of the government cut taxes and added to the deficit. Your party hasn’t been the party of fiscal responsibility for a long time. That can be buried next to “law and order” after the capital siege.

Fair play!

Link Copied to Clipboard