Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
OP Offline
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Trump is still popular within the gop. He’s threatening to start a MAGA party. Those in the party that are viewed as disloyal to him also face death threats and primary challenges. Could we see a split forming with a new third party? That would initially help democrats in the short run probably but I could see a less radical GOP would draw a lot of moderate democrats in. What do actual republicans think?

Fair play!
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
I think whether as a Republican, or as the spearhead of a new party, Trump will be an enormous influence, both within and outside the Republican party.

I thin Ross Perot could have done that, but he was either intimidated, or he just didn't want to work that hard to build a third party.

But in Trump's case, he has relentless energy and will not be intimidated. I actually think Trump would rather use the prospect of creating a third party as a lever to push the Republican party in a more conservative, America-first, sovereignty, Constitutional Reagan-conservative direction, that will push out milquetoast RINO / clandestine-Democrat deep state agents like Mitt Romney, Pat Toomey, Lisa Murkowski, Susan Collins, Lindsey Graham, Mitch McConnell and others. Romney enrages me, that even after a rancorous 2016 primary, was invited by Trump to the White House and considered for a cabinet position, then solicited Trump's support to get elected Senator, and then immediately began attacking Trump as soon as he was elected.
And now Mitch McConnell in the last month has followed the same template.
And Lindsey Graham.
These guys should not be in office. They did the exact opposite of what they campaigned on, being an ally supporting President Trump, and then instead undermining him from the moment elected. And they can't be dislodged for six years. I love the lady who screamed at Lindsey Graham past his bodyguards in an airport, saying "You're a traitor, and this is how it's going to be for the rest of your life, wherever you go !"

Dinesh D'Souza when asked about the Parler bullying and takedown by Facebook, Amazon and Google, said that he would prefer a united diverse America, but if the Democrats continue to push this aggressive cancel culture, then Republicans will simply produce their own servers, their own computers, their own social media platforms, their own news, movies and entertainment, their own banks, their own schools, and whatever else they have to, to not have their conservative beliefs and lifestyle purged out from under them. And Trump is building an infrastructure that will do so, and further put pressure on Republican leaders to truly be representative of the people who vote for them, and primary out those who don't. Push for actual representation within the GOP if possible, and ready crush the GOP and replace it if it doesn't.

Keep in mind: Trump has been a registered member of both parties. Trump is not an idealogue, he is a pragmatist and a businessman, whose agenda is not ideological, but is just policy that bolsters the sovereignty and economic strength of the nation. He was a Republican in the Reagan era, he was a Democrat from the Bill Clinton years until days before he launched his 2015 candidacy. He essentially already is an independent, who got elected in 2016 on a Republican ticket. He was a fundraiser and donor to Senators, House members, presidents, and local New York officials of both parties, for decades, so he understands the inner workings of both parties, how they fundraise and build political support, and how to create a true alternative to the two existing parties. He further understands marketing better than just about anyone, who better to create a third party, if he goes for that option?

Link Copied to Clipboard