Print Thread
#1237487 2023-05-26 10:39 PM
"Hey this is PCG342's bro..."
15000+ posts
OP Offline
"Hey this is PCG342's bro..."
15000+ posts
https://www.cbsnews.com/colorado/ne...-garfield-county-colorado-congresswoman/

Boebert's son made two calls - one at 6:46 p.m. and another at 6:53 p.m. - to Garfield County dispatch to detail the assault. In the second call, the teenager tried to walk back the accusations before the Colorado Congresswoman, who had been heard yelling in the background, takes the phone to say her son "doesn't need help."

The husband is also a pervert who did jail time for lewd behavior involving minors. Just Google "Lauren Boebert"... she is a complete fucking nutcase (reminds me of bsamstheditchdigger's next wife, Palin) and another example of how hypocritical conservatives are.

"Are you eating it...or is it eating you?"

[center][Linked Image from i13.photobucket.com] [/center]

[center][Linked Image from i13.photobucket.com][/center]
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
I'm not sure I fully follow.

Lauren Boebert can't be held responsible for her husband Jayson's abusive behavior. Her son called the police, Lauren Boebert (his mother) came on the phone and said there's no danger to our son, but I know the officers have to come and take statements from both of them (her husband and son).

Then Lauren Boebert, after trying to resolve the problems in her marriage, finally filed for divorce. She and her son are victims of abuse, tried to save her marriage, then ultimately could not and filed for divorce. I don't see how that makes her a hypocrite.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lauren_Boebert

Boebert was born in Altamonte Springs, Florida, on December 19, 1986.[10] When she was 12, she and her family moved to the Montbello neighborhood of Denver and later to Aurora, Colorado, before settling in Rifle, Colorado, in 2003.[11][12]

Boebert claims that her family depended on welfare when she was growing up.[13][14][15] She dropped out of high school during her senior year in 2004 when she had a baby.[14][16] She earned a GED certificate in 2020, a month before her first election primary.[14][16]

Boebert has said that she was raised in a Democratic household in a liberal area.[15][17] Records at the Colorado secretary of state's office show that her mother was registered to vote in Colorado as a Republican from 2001 to 2013 and as a Democrat from 2015 to 2020.[15] Boebert herself registered to vote in 2006, at age 19, as a Democrat; in 2008, she changed her affiliation to Republican.[15]

Hmmm...

Altamonte Springs is a suburb of Orlando, Florida.

brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
Boebert posted on Twitter about the proposed negotiated settlement in the last 24 hours, to pass a budget that prevents a shutdown or default of the federal government. A deal that Democrats and the establishment Republicans are cheering about, but a deal that doesn't make near enough cuts in spending to make any difference.

Lauren Boebert
@laurenboebert
The usual establishment people are popping champagne over this debt ceiling deal.

It's more worthy of a Bud Light.
4:19 PM · May 28, 2023

A number of other fiscally conservative and non-establishment Republicans have made similar comments, such as Rep. Chip Roy of Texas.

And they're right. It's criminal that our government taxes about 2.6 trillion in revenue annually, but spends about 3.7 trillion a year, thus adding over 1 trillion a year to the cumulative national debt.
And this is a trend that has been increasing and accelerating through the Bush Sr., Clinton, W.Bush, Obama, and Trump presidencies.
And never more so than the over 7 trillion in new spending by Joe Biden.

At some point, this crack-addict-level spending will, in the near future, destroy the U.S. dollar as the global reserve currency, collapse the U.S.dollar domestically, and collapse our entire economy, quite possibly all at once, or in rapid succession. If spending is not more seriously reigned in.
·

Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
I stopped taking republicans seriously on spending decades ago. Every time they’re in power spending goes up plus more tax breaks for the super wealthy. Defunding the IRS to help tax cheats isn’t being fiscally sound either. Biden did a good job here and I’ll even give McCarthy props for keeping the wackos from blowing a deal up and causing an economic disaster. No taking the economy hostage till after the next presidential election ????

Fair play!
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
Originally Posted by Matter-eater Man
I stopped taking republicans seriously on spending decades ago. Every time they’re in power spending goes up plus more tax breaks for the super wealthy. Defunding the IRS to help tax cheats isn’t being fiscally sound either. Biden did a good job here and I’ll even give McCarthy props for keeping the wackos from blowing a deal up and causing an economic disaster. No taking the economy hostage till after the next presidential election ????

The problem with the Republicans is that a percentage of them always cross over and vote with the Democrats for irresponsible deficit spending. My jaw was on the floor when the recent Biden "Inflation Reduction Act" and " Consolidated Appropriations Act, 2023" were for months stated by Republicans to be "dead on arrival" and impossible to pass, and then at the last minute Republicans (and Democrat Senator Joe Manchin) crossed over at the last minute and allowed, in both cases, almost $ 2 trillion in new spending to pass., each time.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/117th_United_States_Congress
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/118th_United_States_Congress

I can only guess that they are either corrupt and somehow being paid off by corporate kickbacks (see Rahm Emmanuel, the Clintons, the Obamas, Mitch McConnell, Harry Reid, John Kerry and his step son, and the entire Biden family, for prime examples of those kickbacks.

See also the Bill Clinton-era "Filegate" scandal, and the abuses of the IRS and FBI under the Obama, Trump (even under Trump, "Vive le resistance!" by the 97% Democrat-donating FBI, DOJ, IRS and State Department bureucrats) and Biden presidencies for how Republicans could be intimidated or extorted into submission.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_House_FBI_files_controversy

Or the 24-hour protests outside the homes of conservative U S Supreme Court justices (only conservatives, never liberal ones!)
And the attempt on the life of Brett Kavanaugh.
And the firebombings and violent attacks on multiple Republican members and cadidates of the U.S. House and Senate.
And intimidation of parents who just protest "woke" indoctrination of their children in local schools, who are labelled as "terrorists" and prosecuted by DOJ and FBI (specifically at the order of Joe Biden and his puppetmaster bolsheviks in the White House. Which they lied and tried to distance themselves from, but was still proven.

And likewise, arrest of peaceful Christian pro-life activist protesters, further weaponization of DOJ and FBI. To again intimidate and silence conservative grassroots protesters.

All that aside, I find it rather odd that with Democrats controlling all 3 branches of government for most of the last 2 and 1/2 years, you choose now to rail about Republican fiscal irresponsibility. Where even now, after Republicans now control the House by a narrow 5-seat majority, they really don't have the leverage to change anything.
And the Democrats have been taking in $2.6 trillion a year in tax revenue every year, and been spending almost 7 trillion a year, since Biden was inaugurated.

That's rather distorted logic, to blame Republicans, when DEMOCRATS control all the reigns of power. I'm not wild about McCarthy's deal with the Democrats, that gives an unhesitant green light to another 4 trillion in federal spending over the next 2 years. But clearly, McCarthy narrowly controls only the House, doesn't control the Senate, or the Presidency, and therefore has no leverage to cut a better debt ceiling deal.
But yeah, it's Republicans' fault. rolleyes
Right.

Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
149 house republicans voted for it. I’m sure it would have been higher if Biden was an R instead of a D. The debt limit was lifted 3 times under Trump without any cuts to spending. There is long history of republicans only willing and getting cuts to spending when they don’t hold the WH. When they have control of the house, senate and the WH it’s Christmas for the wealthy with always more tax cuts without the cuts to cover them. The blame doesn’t just fall on them but they have always been part of the problem in my lifetime. Instead of sides we need more responsible elected officials effectively looking at the budget with both increases on revenues and cuts on spending are used. And it shouldn’t be all unloaded on today’s youth and future generations to pay for our failures.

Fair play!
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
149 house republicans voted for it. I’m sure it would have been higher if Biden was an R instead of a D. The debt limit was lifted 3 times under Trump without any cuts to spending. There is long history of republicans only willing and getting cuts to spending when they don’t hold the WH. When they have control of the house, senate and the WH it’s Christmas for the wealthy with always more tax cuts without the cuts to cover them. The blame doesn’t just fall on them but they have always been part of the problem in my lifetime. Instead of sides we need more responsible elected officials effectively looking at the budget with both increases on revenues and cuts on spending are used. And it shouldn’t be all unloaded on today’s youth and future generations to pay for our failures.

In my conservative circles, Andrew McCarthy is regarded as a RINO, and was regarded as such long before he became House Speaker.

On his show, Tucker Carlson used to routinely mock McCarthy for his swampy tendencies, sharing an apartment with a lobbyist, and other shady connections. There was a l;ot of opposition within the Republican party to him even becoming speaker. I think he only succeeded because no one else wanted the job. He's another Paul Ryan or John Boehner, a RINO through and through. McCarthy also sided against House candidates endorsed by Trump in the 2022 mid-term election, depriving them of GOP House funding, and in cases, spending more to support their primary opponents and to fund negative ads against them.

That said, for those who defend him, they argue that he cut the best deal possible, while Republicans only narrowly hold power over one of the 3 branches of power in government. I remain less than convinced that he made any kind of a "good deal".
Rep. Claudia Tenney of New York made the most credible defense of McCarthy, that the deal gives Republicans further control over 12 more separate votes that can stop budget spending. But I'll believe that when I see those 12 restriction votes actually happen, and not until then.

As I've said often, there are only about 15 or 20% of Republicans in the House or Senate who actually take a stand for Republican-conservative principles, and they are undermined by the RINOs who flip sides at the last minute and vote with the Democrats for trillions in spending. It is not "Republican spending" it is Republican defectors, who vote in "bipartisanship" for DEMOCRAT spending. You always bypass that absolute fact. Republicans don't champion the deficit spending, a small sliver of them cross over and vote with the Democrats to let it happen.

And again, I don't fully understand why.
Are these RINO Republicans getting kickbacks and payoffs for defecting and voting with the Democrats?
Or as I speculated before, is this a continuation of "Filegate" in the Clinton years, where Democrats keep files on Republicans, to blackmail them into supporting Democrat legislation, or at least passively not opposing it?

Society's Discontent
6000+ posts
Society's Discontent
6000+ posts
Originally Posted by Wonder Boy

In my conservative circles, Andrew McCarthy is regarded as a RINO, and was regarded as such long before he became House Speaker.

On his show, Tucker Carlson used to routinely mock McCarthy for his swampy tendencies, sharing an apartment with a lobbyist, and other shady connections. There was a l;ot of opposition within the Republican party to him even becoming speaker. I think he only succeeded because no one else wanted the job. He's another Paul Ryan or John Boehner, a RINO through and through. McCarthy also sided against House candidates endorsed by Trump in the 2022 mid-term election, depriving them of GOP House funding, and in cases, spending more to support their primary opponents and to fund negative ads against them.

That said, for those who defend him, they argue that he cut the best deal possible, while Republicans only narrowly hold power over one of the 3 branches of power in government. I remain less than convinced that he made any kind of a "good deal".
Rep. Claudia Tenney of New York made the most credible defense of McCarthy, that the deal gives Republicans further control over 12 more separate votes that can stop budget spending. But I'll believe that when I see those 12 restriction votes actually happen, and not until then.

As I've said often, there are only about 15 or 20% of Republicans in the House or Senate who actually take a stand for Republican-conservative principles, and they are undermined by the RINOs who flip sides at the last minute and vote with the Democrats for trillions in spending. It is not "Republican spending" it is Republican defectors, who vote in "bipartisanship" for DEMOCRAT spending. You always bypass that absolute fact. Republicans don't champion the deficit spending, a small sliver of them cross over and vote with the Democrats to let it happen.

And again, I don't fully understand why.
Are these RINO Republicans getting kickbacks and payoffs for defecting and voting with the Democrats?
Or as I speculated before, is this a continuation of "Filegate" in the Clinton years, where Democrats keep files on Republicans, to blackmail them into supporting Democrat legislation, or at least passively not opposing it?

How the sweet fuck do you turn Kevin into Andrew, you fucking cultist numbskull?

brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
Easy mistake, especially late at night when I'm tired and trying to write quickly.

Maybe because I always thought Andrew McCarthy could play Kevin McCarthy in a movie.

And there's another Kevin McCarthy who starred in Invasion of the Body Snatchers, among other films.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Invasion_of_the_Body_Snatchers

Link Copied to Clipboard