Print Thread
#156534 2001-01-02 6:07 AM
Rob Offline OP
cobra kai
15000+ posts
OP Offline
cobra kai
15000+ posts
damn... i just realize i have a lot of favorites.

from the fox run, id havta say:

1) the introduction to mr. freeze, which i believe was entitled "heart of ice." probably one of the best 30 minute shows, animated or not, i've ever seen.

2) the demon's quest I & II (love that ra's al ghul!)

3) almost got'im - funny, and, included most of the major villains in a cool way

4) beware the gray ghost (including adam west into the series... frickin incredible)

5) harley's holiday, i thought, was really well told. a dini-tale, of course. definitly made me fall in love with the character.

notable mentions: feat of clay, part II (very well animated), a bullet for bullock (cool, seedy, non-super villain tale), and on leather wings, the intro to man-bat (very cool story, with great animation...played like a year-one tale).

from WB's run:

1) the world's finest, batman/superman trio was sweet as hell

2) i also loved "over the edge" during WB's run. incredible story. again, dini proves his genius.

3) the dark knight returns scenes from "legends of the dark knight" were unforgettable.

4) growing pains - thought was another great story. cool take on an existing villain.

5) mad love - loved the book, loved the 'toon

notable mentions - never fear (another great take on an existing villain. plus, the new scarecrow ROCKED!! this one was actually scary! REALLY scary!), and joker's millions (justa really fun tale. dini can somehow easily get away with writing a really good non-gritty/realistic batman story)

and you?

------------------
i have spoken

#156535 2001-01-03 10:21 PM
10000+ posts
10000+ posts
Gotta put Almost Got 'em as my all time favorite.
The Holiday Christmas ones were also very well done.
There was also one with the Scarecrow (in his Unknown Comic look) where the Bat-Man and Robin were on the run for getting Babs killed. I forgot the title.

There are many more I just cant think of them at the moment.

#156536 2001-01-04 7:13 AM
Rob Offline OP
cobra kai
15000+ posts
OP Offline
cobra kai
15000+ posts
i believe yer referring to "over the edge," which is definitly a kick ass episode.

i was in the dc offices when mr dini, himself, brought the tape in for a preview. whole place was impressed. the man can write.

------------------
i have spoken

#156537 2001-01-05 5:10 AM
10000+ posts
10000+ posts
You didnt know it was a hallucination brought on by the scarecrow until he end of the episode though right?

I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I liked the episode called BATMAN'S
IN MY BASEMENT.

And the one with the Three kid's
talking about what Each thought Batman
was Really like.

AND the one where Robin meets a young girl
about his age..who cannot remember who she
is..and does not know the secret she has...

I was getting all set to start taping the
episodes when the NEW season of Justice League
started, and the episodes were cancelled.

I can't think of a SINGLE episode that I did
not enjoy!! It was the BEST animated Batman
series, IMO.

"I offer you a Vulcan prayer, Mr Suder. May your

death bring you the peace you never found in

life." - Tuvok.

I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
And The episode Where Bats was blinded.

Also the episode where You discover that
Rha's al Ghul has a son. Jonah Hex was in
that one, too....

The Man Bat episode...

And the one where Scarecrow has that gas
that removes people's inhibitions, and Bats
gets a dose of it.... That one was QUITE
intense!

I could go on and On.....

life." - Tuvok.

The Once, and Future Cunt
15000+ posts
The Once, and Future Cunt
15000+ posts
The Laughing fish was a great episode from a classic Batman story.

"Colonel Sanders can have chickens, and they don't even have mustaches!"

1000+ posts
1000+ posts
"Judgment Day," the episode where Two-Face develops a three-way split personality. That one packed a major punch.

My first novel, Wounds of the Heart (http://www.booksurge.com/product.php3?bookID=IMPR02655-00001), has been published. Check it out, if you like.
1 post
1 post
I LOVED Robin's Reckoning and Perchance to Dream, as well as the intros of Two-Face and Clayface into the animated canon. From The Adventures of Batman and Superman (or Gotham Knights, if you're a stickler for specifics), I really liked Over the Edge and Legends (but then, who didn't) as well as Sins of the Father. The Tim Drake character on TAS v.2 was an interesting amalgum of Jason Todd and Dick Grayson - any ideas why they portrayed the second Robin like this?

From Batman Beyond...well, it's hard to beat Rebirth (the 3-part pilot) as well as The Call (old Supes rocks!).

Now for the big question...which is the better animated movie, The Mask of the Phantasm or Return of the Joker? (And let's hope no one nominates 'Subzero' or, God forbid, 'Mystery of the Batman'. We'll yambag ya. That can be used as a verb, right?)

Visit The Last Arkham for comic news, reviews, images and fanfic.
25+ posts
25+ posts
One of my favorite Fox ones was the one with Zatanna in it. I liked seeing someone from outside the Bat-verse show up.

BUTTPLUG!
10000+ posts
10000+ posts
Quote:

3) almost got'im - funny, and, included most of the major villains in a cool way

Is that the one where they're all playing poker and it turns out that Batman is Killer Croc? 'Cuz that one's awesome!

10000+ posts
10000+ posts
I also like the one where Bats is trapped in a dream world induced by the Mad Hatter, where his parents are still alive and he never became Batman. Really cool and the beginning of my current obsession with the Mad Hatter character...

I also liked the episode that debuted the character Baby Doll. A really powerful episode. All subsequent appearances made by the character sucked a lot - especially her whole 'love affair' with Killer Croc...

5000+ posts
5000+ posts
Harley's Holiday is my all-time favorite. Laughing Fish was also great.

<sub>Will Eisner's last work - The Plot: The Secret Story of the Protocols of the Elders of Zion
RDCW Profile

"Well, as it happens, I wrote the damned SOP," Illescue half snarled, "and as of now, you can bar those jackals from any part of this facility until Hell's a hockey rink! Is that perfectly clear?!" - Dr. Franz Illescue - Honor Harrington: At All Costs

"I don't know what I'm do, or how I do, I just do." - Alexander Ovechkin</sub>
200+ posts
200+ posts
Face it, BTAS is just the greatest adventure/hero toon ever made.

"Power corrupts. Absolute power is kind of neat."
Kisser Of John Byrne Ass
15000+ posts
Kisser Of John Byrne Ass
15000+ posts
Any Mr Freeze episode.

10000+ posts
10000+ posts
Did you like the Batman Beyond Freeze episode as well?

500+ posts
500+ posts
"Over the Edge"

Batman, Batgirl, and Robin are chasing the Scarecrow across the Gotham rooftops when Batgirl suddenly falls off the edge of a building and lands on a car... Gordon, who's on the scene, unmasks her and sees that it's Barbara... He glances up and sees Batman standing over the edge of the rooftop, and immediately thinks Batman's responsible... An arrest warrant for Batman and his allies is issued, and the by the end of the episode, the police have stormed the Batcave, discovered Batman's true identity, and arrested Nightwing and Robin. They're about to get Batman, when suddenly Batgirl wakes up... It was all a hallucination induced by some of Scarecrow's fear gas...

Unbelieveable fuckin' episode.

Non

I got soul but I'm not a soldier.
25+ posts
25+ posts
That's "Over the Edge"? I loved that episode.

BUTTPLUG!
Kisser Of John Byrne Ass
15000+ posts
Kisser Of John Byrne Ass
15000+ posts
Quote:

Chewy Walrus said:

Very much. It's on the movie DVD. I actually really like Batman Beyond...especially that episode, the royal flush gang episodes, and the JL croosover ep. I liekd the relationships in that show....

Kisser Of John Byrne Ass
15000+ posts
Kisser Of John Byrne Ass
15000+ posts
I own them all as I joined the Columbia House cluba few years ago..of course now they have them on DVD..bastards.

I like...every episode. Another standout is the supergirl/batgirl team up episode.

10000+ posts
10000+ posts
Quote:

Pig Iron said:
Quote:

Chewy Walrus said:

Very much. It's on the movie DVD. I actually really like Batman Beyond...especially that episode, the royal flush gang episodes, and the JL croosover ep. I liekd the relationships in that show....

Batman Beyond was a friggin' good show. Watched it regularly when it was still on the WB. Some of my favorites of that one were the Freeze episode, the JL crossover, the one with the newscaster who uncovers Batman's identity, and the pilot. The sound villain and the hunter were pretty cool, too.

I thought they took Powers out of the stories a bit too easily, though. Didn't seem right the way they eventually wrote him out...

I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
Yes, Batman Beyond was a cool show.

A shame it did not go for a few more seasons.

I liked the ones you listed, plus ones with INK
and the one with the heroes who were Fantastic
Four clones.

life." - Tuvok.

500+ posts
500+ posts

Comics are like a Rorschach test; everyone has a different opinion on what they are and can be...
4000+ posts
4000+ posts
Can't remember the title, but there was an episode of the old series where this guy cuts the Joker off on the road. The Joker runs him off the road and tells the guy that he's completely owned now. Then a year or so later, the Joker comes to call in his favour. That episode kicked arse.

And Mad Love. Pure genius.

The Creeper episode. "They call me... yellow skinned wacky man!"

Sins of the Father (that was the one with Dick explaining how and why he became Nightwing, yeah? Correct me if I'm wrong).

Thing is- I can’t spell or type. I spell so badly my spell check doesn’t even know what I was trying to spell. And I have five Eisners HAHAHAHHA!! -Brian Michael Bendis
10000+ posts
10000+ posts
Quote:

Danny said:
Can't remember the title, but there was an episode of the old series where this guy cuts the Joker off on the road. The Joker runs him off the road and tells the guy that he's completely owned now. Then a year or so later, the Joker comes to call in his favour. That episode kicked arse.

That was a good one! He gets put on the Witness Protection Program and the Joker still manages to find him! Too sweet!

Link Copied to Clipboard