cobra kai
15000+ posts
OP Offline
cobra kai
15000+ posts
k, so, we're learning wolvie's origin.

we saw cobra commander's face.

we learned what happened to robin before batman beyond

what is your favorite "unanswered question" in comics?

500+ posts
500+ posts
How do you mine admantium?

The conscience of the rkmbs!
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Who was Joker before he was Joker?

[insert non-dated reference here]
10000+ posts
[insert non-dated reference here]
10000+ posts
Was the origin of Captain America's shield ever revealed? For years, that was a mystery.

Banned from the DCMBs since 2002.
15000+ posts
Banned from the DCMBs since 2002.
15000+ posts
...what is it?

Pimping my site, again.

http://www.worldcomicbookreview.com

Doog the MIGHTY
10000+ posts
Doog the MIGHTY
10000+ posts
I thought it was a mix of Vibranium and Adamantium that President Roosevelt or Truman gave to him as a replacement of his original shield during WW2.

Officially "too old for this shit"
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Quote:

Pariah said:
Who was Joker before he was Joker?

I agree. It is/was better when we are/were led to believe that no one actually knows the Joker's origin, including the Joker ("Sometimes I remember it one way, sometimes another...if I'm going to have a past I prefer it be multiple choice.")

PJP Offline
We already are
15000+ posts
We already are
15000+ posts
easy.......Spiderman/Blackcat mini by Kevin Smith.....the last issue of the series never came out...... the cocksucker never finished it cause he was too busy. ....anyhoo.....issue #3 left off us with the bad guy having just injected blackcat with enough heroin to make her paralyzed but conscious so she could see what he was about to do to her.......he had his dick in one hand and a knife in the other.......with the knife they showed him cut off those hot sexy black leather pants she wears and he was about to you know......it just ended there.

500+ posts
500+ posts
What about The Killing Joke? I too prefer the multiple choice origin, but TKJ says he was a pathetic guy in love scrounging for money and trying to work a poor comedic act in his spare time

What does Cobra Commanders face look like?

My great unanswered question would be: "How can batman deprive himself of so much sex"
I understand he has a mission, but he's only had sex about twice in his life, once before his life as batman, and about once with Talia [its not clear if he tapped Catwomans ass in the recent issue]. He obviously doesnt have time to jerk off unless he does it on the Gotham rooftops, so this man must be some sort of inhuman cyborg without any sexual urges

"Now TV's all about format these days isn't it, and I've got a new type for you right here. Its me and Paris Hilton driving around in a car.... Now I know what you're thinking, but she's in the boot!" "So you see, 'Ring around the Rosey' refers to the horrible symptoms of a terrifying disease, a disease which.....a disease which....ZIM! Theres a Pigeon on you're head. You have 'Head Pigeons'. get to the Nurse before they spread to the other children." "Get off my lawn Cookie Beast!" --Invader Zim
Living the dream
15000+ posts
Living the dream
15000+ posts
Who really killed the Waynes?

25+ posts
25+ posts
who indeed?

Me Am Friends With rex and Joe Mama
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Quote:

Flameswordsman said:
What about The Killing Joke? I too prefer the multiple choice origin, but TKJ says he was a pathetic guy in love scrounging for money and trying to work a poor comedic act in his spare time

Notice that Alan purposefully made that flashback nebulous Flame.

The point that he was getting across was that-that was prolly the memory that Joker was recollecting at the time, therefore he acted the way he did. It was one of the multiples dude.

1000+ posts
1000+ posts
Quote:

Jeremy said:

Joe Chill. DC can try to worm around it as much as they want, but Bob and Bill said it was Joe Chill and that's good enough for me.

My first novel, Wounds of the Heart (http://www.booksurge.com/product.php3?bookID=IMPR02655-00001), has been published. Check it out, if you like.
devil-lovin' Bat-Man
15000+ posts
devil-lovin' Bat-Man
15000+ posts
Quote:

Pariah said:
Notice that Alan purposefully made that flashback nebulous Flame.

The point that he was getting across was that-that was prolly the memory that Joker was recollecting at the time, therefore he acted the way he did. It was one of the multiples dude.

But what's certain is that Joker rode Babs like a pony.

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
If that's what you believe.

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Quote:

Jeremy said:

Quote:

King Krypton said:
Joe Chill. DC can try to worm around it as much as they want, but Bob and Bill said it was Joe Chill and that's good enough for me.

Not to be pedantic, but did "Bob and Bill" really say that?

By the time that DC actually named the Wayne's shooter as "Joe Chill," how much direct involvment did either have writing the stories?

While I'll admit it is possible that one of them wrote that story, given how many "ghosts" and outside writers were being used on Batman at the time it is entirely possible that, for instance, only Gardner Fox and Sheldon Moldoff said it was Joe Chill who killed the Waynes.

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Quote:

King Krypton said:
Quote:

Jeremy said:

Not they didn't. And I don't see how their say so matters.

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Damn, G-man got it before me.

25+ posts
25+ posts
Hmmmm...

How Emma Frost's New X-Men costume was kept up?

In my dream, the world had suffered a terrible disaster. A black haze shut out the sun, and the darkness was alive with the moans and screams of wounded people. Suddenly, a small light glowed. A candle flickered into life, symbol of hope for millions. A single tiny candle, shining in the ugly dark. I laughed, and blew it out. - Joker
Award-Winning Author
10000+ posts
Award-Winning Author
10000+ posts
Hmmm... The origin of the Phantom Stranger comes to mind. Oh, and "The Noodle Incident" that's frequently mentioned in Calvin & Hobbes.

Knutreturns said: Spoken like the true Greatest RDCW Champ!

All hail King Snarf!

rex Offline
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
Quote:

King Snarf said:
"The Noodle Incident" that's frequently mentioned in Calvin & Hobbes.

I concur.

November 6th, 2012: Americas new Independence Day.
2000+ posts
2000+ posts
Have DC questioned the Joe Chill thing recently? I seem to have missed this!

Your death will make me king!
15000+ posts
Your death will make me king!
15000+ posts
Quote:

Carnyfoke said:
Hmmmm...

How Emma Frost's New X-Men costume was kept up?

This is the only REAL question in comics today.

devil-lovin' Bat-Man
15000+ posts
devil-lovin' Bat-Man
15000+ posts
Did they ever reveal what the hell happened to John Constantine in Newscastle? They kept referring to that as early as in Moore's Swampy, in the first issues of Hellblazer, and in the first and only annual (where a young John comes out of a mental house after "what happened in Newscastle").

Living the dream
15000+ posts
Living the dream
15000+ posts
Why does Byrne keep getting work?

4000+ posts
4000+ posts
Quote:

I'm Not Mister Mxypltk said:
Did they ever reveal what the hell happened to John Constantine in Newscastle? They kept referring to that as early as in Moore's Swampy, in the first issues of Hellblazer, and in the first and only annual (where a young John comes out of a mental house after "what happened in Newscastle").

Taken from a review of the newest Hellblazer TPB at aintitcoolnews...

Quote:

HELLBLAZER: RARE CUTS TPB
Writers: Jamie Delano, Grant Morrison & Garth Ennis
Artists: David Lloyd, Sean Phillips, Richard Piers Rayner & Mark Buckingham
Publisher: DC Comics/Vertigo
Reviewed by Dave Farabee
This isn’t what you’d call an essential collection, but it is a welcome one. HELLBLAZER readers already know that, despite the many HELLBLAZER trades, the series is far from being completely collected. Hey, any book that runs two hundred issues is gonna have some lulls! What RARE CUTS collects is a sampling of the bright spots from those periods, single issues and two-parters by three notable luminaries: series’ founder Jamie Delano, odd-man-out Grant Morrison, and a single story by fan-fave Garth Ennis.

If I was dropping a letter grade, I’d give this one a solid B. Honest truth is that there’s a reason these stories haven’t been collected before, but if you’re a fan of bastard conjurer John Constantine or you just want to stave off fears of Keanu’s upcoming bastardization of the character, here’s what you’ll get:

“Newcastle: A Taste of Things to Come” – This is such a quintessential chapter in John Constantine’s life that I’m honestly shocked it hasn’t been collected before. It’s the story that the entire first year of HELLBLAZER was building up to in the late ‘80s: the much-whispered tale of John Constantine’s earliest, greatest failure. The story itself is set in the late ‘70s and follows John Constantine and his troupe of counter-culture punkers and magicians in a horribly botched exorcism set to haunt them forever. Literally.

Looking back on the issue, it retains its power to unnerve, and still has one of the grossest concepts ever to make its way into a comic: the “Norfulthing,” a Burroughs-esque monster evoked by a sexually abused girl. It’s barely glimpsed, but the description from the girl will stick with you: “Partly it’s a giant dog and partly it’s a monkey with a purple bum, like at the zoo. But worser than that, it’s all insidey-out…” If there’s a weakness to the outing, it’s the art, almost too literalist and photo-referenced. Not big on the coloring, either, a garish transitional point between ‘80s superhero coloring and the not-yet-established Vertigo palette. Still and all, a seminally bleak outing for Constantine. Piss and vinegar youth meets grim reality.

Thing is- I can’t spell or type. I spell so badly my spell check doesn’t even know what I was trying to spell. And I have five Eisners HAHAHAHHA!! -Brian Michael Bendis
devil-lovin' Bat-Man
15000+ posts
devil-lovin' Bat-Man
15000+ posts
Ah, thanks. Shame they revealed it so early on the series, though.

1000+ posts
1000+ posts
Quote:

Steve T said:
Have DC questioned the Joe Chill thing recently? I seem to have missed this!

Around Zero Hour, it was revealed the Waynes' killer was never found. Recently, in Superman/Batman, it was implied Metallo killed them (before he became Metallo, that is).

2000+ posts
2000+ posts
What a bag of shite.

Utterly pointless.

Link Copied to Clipboard