Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 12 1 2 8 9 10 11 12
Educator to comprehension impaired (JLA, that is you)
50000+ posts
50000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: rex
The dvd box set will include empty pill bottles found at heath ledger's apartment.

and a life size(both height and depth) fold out of mary kate olsen....

Kisser Of John Byrne Ass
15000+ posts
Kisser Of John Byrne Ass
15000+ posts
which Rex can fuck.

Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
Ok, so the new DVD has a new copy protection on it that my software cant bypass.
So, I do a lil internet search and browse various nerd tech forums, all of which say, it cant be done.
Some have said you can clone it, but with the protection cloned on the copy as well, but then they say they cant do it.
Then someone says the only thing you can do is rip the movie from the disc, but not menus etc, then say they couldnt.

So I had a fuck about with my software to no avail.
Then I downloaded a new software package that runs in the background.
I then reopened my normal copy software, and copied as normal.

This method not only made a perfect copy, it also did what my copy software always does, and got rid of the copy protection and region coding on the copy.

Of course, I only do this for back up purposes, nothing illegal!

So there ya go, a new method of copy protection comes out today, and its already hacked by a novice like me!

Kisser Of John Byrne Ass
15000+ posts
Kisser Of John Byrne Ass
15000+ posts
I had this problem with Wall-E and Prince Caspian...

Kneel!
10000+ posts
Kneel!
10000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Nowhereman
Ok, so the new DVD has a new copy protection on it that my software cant bypass.
So, I do a lil internet search and browse various nerd tech forums, all of which say, it cant be done.
Some have said you can clone it, but with the protection cloned on the copy as well, but then they say they cant do it.
Then someone says the only thing you can do is rip the movie from the disc, but not menus etc, then say they couldnt.

This method not only made a perfect copy, it also did what my copy software always does, and got rid of the copy protection and region coding on the copy.

So there ya go, a new method of copy protection comes out today, and its already hacked by a novice like me!

so when are you sending me my copy cunty?

big_pimp_tim-made it cool to roll in the first damn place!
Mon Jun 11 2007 09:27 PM-harley finally rolled with me
"I'm working with him...he's young but, there is much potential. He can apprentice with me and then he's yours for final training. He will remember the face of his father...

Some day, Knutreturns just may be the greatest of us all...."-THE bastard
Officially "too old for this shit"
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Having just seen her play a butt-kicking secret agent in "Get Smart," and given that she gets good reviews as an actress for movies like "Brokeback Mountain" and "Rachel Getting Married," I actually now think that Anne Hathaway might be able to pull of playing Catwoman.

Kisser Of John Byrne Ass
15000+ posts
Kisser Of John Byrne Ass
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: the G-man of Zur-En-Arrh
Having just seen her play a butt-kicking secret agent in "Get Smart," and given that she gets good reviews as an actress for movies like "Brokeback Mountain" and "Rachel Getting Married," I actually now think that Anne Hathaway might be able to pull of playing Catwoman.

That might work with Nolan at the helm.

kung-fu treachery
5000+ posts
kung-fu treachery
5000+ posts
I just ducked out of work for a bit to pick up my copy. I picked up this edition. Best Buy had quite a few editions available not to mention they had the limited edition version with the Batpod as well as statuettes of Joker and Batman separately as well. Decisions, decisions!

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Pig Iran
 Originally Posted By: the G-man of Zur-En-Arrh

That might work with Nolan at the helm.

Presactly.

terrible podcaster
15000+ posts
terrible podcaster
15000+ posts
I picked up the special edition at work this morning; same kinda flip-open mask packaging as target's iron man special-edition dvd plus a digital copy. not bad overall.

go.

ᴚ ᴀ ᴐ ᴋ ᴊ ᴌ ᴧ
ಠ_ಠ
PJP Offline
We already are
15000+ posts
We already are
15000+ posts
I got the Bat Pod edition. Jeff are you going to open that up or save it? I am debating whether to get 2 and maybe save one.

PJP #1029549 2008-12-09 6:22 PM
kung-fu treachery
5000+ posts
kung-fu treachery
5000+ posts
Open up!

kung-fu treachery
5000+ posts
kung-fu treachery
5000+ posts
They had plenty. I don't think they are all that "limited." I could be wrong though.

kung-fu treachery
5000+ posts
kung-fu treachery
5000+ posts
I was leaning toward the Batpod edition but I wasn't all that impressed with it so I got the Batman mask/cowl Best Buy edition. The wife got me an iPod Touch for an early Christmas present. I'm putting the digital copy of the film on it so I can watch it at work. RAWKIN!

Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: K-nutreturns

so when are you sending me my copy cunty?

The 12th of never!

Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Pig Iran
I had this problem with Wall-E and Prince Caspian...

Ha ha ha ha ha.
I aint tellin ya what software to use.

Kisser Of John Byrne Ass
15000+ posts
Kisser Of John Byrne Ass
15000+ posts
Welsh!

Living the dream
15000+ posts
Living the dream
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Glacier16
They had plenty. I don't think they are all that "limited." I could be wrong though.

Yeah, it's Christmas time, no way will they be limited. I bought the blu-ray version. The Best Buy I visited had the standard DVD copies picked apart, but plenty of blu-rays. Perfect.

50000+ posts
50000+ posts
http://movies.yahoo.com/feature/batman-3-casting-rumors.html

Quote:
Bale will be back as Batman, but everything else about a third movie remains a riddle. Ever since audiences flooded movie theaters this summer to give "The Dark Knight" its record run at the box office, there's been talk about the Caped Crusader's next cinematic adventure. Namely, which villain (or two) from the rogue's gallery of Batman enemies will he be fighting, and who will be playing him or her? This week, attention was once again focused on the rebooted Batman franchise. Not only did Heath Ledger get a posthumous Best Supporting Actor Golden Globes nomination, but also "The Dark Knight" smashed the record for the most Blu-ray discs sold in one day this past Tuesday.

In spite of all this, very little about a third "Batman" movie is set at this time. The only thing that is certain now is Christian Bale is under contract to return as Bruce Wayne. Everything else is up in the air. No storylines approved. No one else cast. Most importantly, visionary director Christopher Nolan still hasn't officially signed on to make the film. This week Nolan addressed one of the main issues that is holding up development, namely that third installments in a series tend to be bad. Think "The Godfather Part III," "Superman III," and "Batman Forever," the third movie of the original series.

Of course, this lack of cold, hard facts has just kicked the rumor mill into overdrive. There have been scores of rumors that Johnny Depp might play The Riddler, to which he has done little to allay. While on a Florida radio show, Depp was asked directly if he was going to play the question-mark clad villain and he gave this cryptic response. "Oh yeah I heard about that. Not that I know of. It seems like it'd be a fun gig for a while, yeah."

And though there's also buzz about Philip Seymour Hoffman playing the Penguin, the real hot gossip seems to be swirling around the possibility of Catwoman making an appearance in Batman 3. Most recently, E! Online has reported that Rachel Weisz of "The Mummy" fame is being considered for the part. This differs from rumors earlier in the year -- fueled by the original Catwoman Julie Newmar -- that Angelina Jolie might be getting the nod.

And still others say that Maggie Gyllenhaal will be donning the cat cowl, which is a bit of a head scratch considering her character Rachel Dawes was blown up in the Dark Knight. However, Hollywood Newsroom claims that Gyllenhaal along with Aaron Eckhart have signed up for not one but two Bat-flicks. The theory goes that Rachel will have used one of her nine lives in the blast and she returns from the dead as the leather-clad feline crime fighter.

Of course, David Goyer, the co-writer of "Batman Begins" and "The Dark Knight," has gone on record debunking every one of these rumors. "It's all B.S.," he told MTV. "ALL of it."

So if that's true and nothing has been decided, then we might as well throw in our two cents. Here's one prediction that I'm willing to stand by. Christopher Nolan's version of Gotham City is filled with outsized characters but nothing that falls under the supernatural. So don't expect comic book villains like Mr. Freeze or Clayface to find their way into the next film. And if you suffered through "Batman and Robin", you'll understand that that's not a bad thing.

The Riddler and the Penguin, however, are merely mortal -- if extraordinarily evil -- men who wear weird clothes. When casting for The Riddler, the most important thing is that the character possess a fiendish intelligence. If Depp doesn't make the cut, then Edward Norton's brooding intensity might work. But if Nolan (or whoever directs Part 3) wants more charm than menace, then he could do worse than to tap Robert Downey Jr. Or if they choose to make the character purely wicked and venomous, Daniel Day-Lewis could knock it out of the park.

The Penguin is a trickier character to pull off. Somehow, you have to make a short, rotund guy in a tux seem threatening. Danny DeVito and a lot of makeup made it work in "Batman Returns." Phillip Seymour Hoffman would be a great pick, but if he weren't available, then Ian McShane might work. His ruthless and foul-mouthed character on HBO's "Deadwood" won him a Golden Globe award. Why he's not thought of for dramatic roles, Ricky Gervais actually did a great job as a bad guy in a guest spot on "Alias," and he could drop in a few laughs that the movies have mostly lacked. Another choice could be Richard Dreyfuss since he played Dick Cheney with such aplomb this fall in "W."

And finally, there's Catwoman. While it's easy to picture Angelina Jolie as Catwoman, somehow the choice seems too on the nose. Besides, why would she bother hiding her identity behind a mask when everyone can recognize her by her lips? Rachel Weisz is a great actress, but in the "Mummy" flicks she never really took part in the action. Kate Beckinsale might work. Thanks to all her work in the "Underworld" series, she already has the bodysuit. Another suggestion might be Rosario Dawson. She's fit, she can act, and she has a killer jaw line that would look great in a cat mask.

While we wait for things to get further sorted out with this franchise, Christian Bale is starring in a reboot of another beloved movie series -- The Terminator. He'll be playing the grown-up resistance leader John Conner in "Terminator Salvation." It hits theaters in May, but you can check out the trailer below.

Banned from the DCMBs since 2002.
15000+ posts
Banned from the DCMBs since 2002.
15000+ posts
Bought the DVD today so I'm going to watch it tonight I think.

I'd like to see Deathstroke in the new Batman movie. He's beloved by the comic book crowd, can beat Bats up, and would be a tough adversary. Bats would need to out-think the man who is the villain equivalent of him. Screw the traditional Batvillains. Penguin does absolutely nothing for me.

Pimping my site, again.

http://www.worldcomicbookreview.com

50000+ posts
50000+ posts
Calendar Man!

terrible podcaster
15000+ posts
terrible podcaster
15000+ posts
zsasz

go.

ᴚ ᴀ ᴐ ᴋ ᴊ ᴌ ᴧ
ಠ_ಠ
Living the dream
15000+ posts
Living the dream
15000+ posts
Sports Master!

I agree with Dave, Penguin is meh in any incarnation. Deathstroke and/or Bane could provide a Bat-movie with a good martial arts subplot.

rex Offline
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
Bane sucks.

November 6th, 2012: Americas new Independence Day.
rex Offline
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
cockstealer

Living the dream
15000+ posts
Living the dream
15000+ posts
Cockstealer...is that this year's "in the butt"?

rex Offline
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
That's disgusting.

50000+ posts
50000+ posts
dammit jermy.

Kisser Of John Byrne Ass
15000+ posts
Kisser Of John Byrne Ass
15000+ posts
Catwoman and/or Riddler would be fine...even two face and scarecrow showing back up could be good.

Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
Bane would be a huge mistake.
He is far to unrealistic (yeah I know its a movie and its based on a comic book) to fit into the current Bat universe movies.
They need to stick to non powered vilains like Penguin, Riddler, Catwoman and Calendarman.

The one thing they need to avoid from the previous Bat films (and last Spidey film) is adding too many villains/characters.
Two per movie is fine, but anything more is overkill.

Oh and if they did bring back Rachel Dawes as Catwoman, that would be one huge pile of arse!
I am glad she is dead, as she is the one part of both films that I hated.
Her character was just so fucking annoying!

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Penguin could work under certain circumstances, primarily that he not be the main villain, but a behind the scenes crime boss like Falcone or Maroni.

And get Bob Hoskins to play him.

50000+ posts
50000+ posts
I don;t like Bob Hoskins. I say get Vern Troyer and see if Christopher Nolan can improve him as much as he did Ledger.

Minus the OD.

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
I dunno. A fatal OD following a starring role in a big budget blockbuster might be just the career boost Troyer needs to stay off VH1 reality programs.

Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
Bane would be a huge mistake.
He is far to unrealistic (yeah I know its a movie and its based on a comic book) to fit into the current Bat universe movies.
They need to stick to non powered vilains like Penguin, Riddler, Catwoman and Calendarman.

Bane's only 'power' was that he was taking a steroid-like drug, Venom. He'd be no more difficult to adjust to the Nolan Batverse than Scarecrow with his fear gas or the Joker sans bleached skin.

whomod said: I generally don't like it when people decide to play by the rules against people who don't play by the rules.
It tends to put you immediately at a disadvantage and IMO is a sign of true weakness.
This is true both in politics and on the internet."

Our Friendly Neighborhood Ray-man said: "no, the doctor's right. besides, he has seniority."
50000+ posts
50000+ posts
Yeah I don't find Bane that much of a stretch either. From the books I read I found the character boring, but in a different take by Nolan he may be a good challenge for Batman.

devil-lovin' Bat-Man
15000+ posts
devil-lovin' Bat-Man
15000+ posts
I'm sorry, I've been trying to imagine what a pile of arse looks like.

50000+ posts
50000+ posts

devil-lovin' Bat-Man
15000+ posts
devil-lovin' Bat-Man
15000+ posts
GGHHHHHHHHAAAAAAHHHHH!!! Back to 0!!

terrible podcaster
15000+ posts
terrible podcaster
15000+ posts
the only trouble I could see with bane is that yeah, he's a tremendous physical challenge for batman, but the greatest bat-villains have generally been not necessarily physical but intellectual challenges. bane just plain isn't. now if you had a non-powered villain like the ones mentioned earlier acting as a sort of mastermind, it would make more sense.

go.

ᴚ ᴀ ᴐ ᴋ ᴊ ᴌ ᴧ
ಠ_ಠ
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
The bottom line is this: Bane is just not that good of a character. He's a muscleman in a Mexican wrestling costume who's only claim to fame was being used in a big crossover and beating up Batman after Bruce was already physically and mentally exhausted.

Page 10 of 12 1 2 8 9 10 11 12

Link Copied to Clipboard