Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 41 of 47 1 2 39 40 41 42 43 46 47
Doog the MIGHTY
10000+ posts
Doog the MIGHTY
10000+ posts
I'm playing Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning now. Its a good game to play in hour long spurts because of all the side quests, but I really suck at RPG's cuz I'm not good at all the potion/poison mixing and armor modding shit.

Son of Anarchist
15000+ posts
Son of Anarchist
15000+ posts
I finished Kingdoms of Amalur recently. Did the main quest s well as a bulk of the sidequests.

It's really nice that you can play it as deeply as you want or just play it casually. For instance, I did dabble at the potion mixing and crafting just for the hell of it. But it was unnecessary. I basically just resold everything I crafted.

Your best gears will come from quests and boss drops. Just loot the fuck out of everything, equip stuff that is better than your current one, then trash what you don't need. Repair kits are cheaper than the repair npc, and heal potions are plentiful.

Just a warning, make backup saves that are at least 2 quests older than your current one. Game has gamebreaking glitches that prevent quests from being completed.

Doog the MIGHTY
10000+ posts
Doog the MIGHTY
10000+ posts
good to know

I'm using the Shepard armor from playing the ME3 demo. They seem to be holding up good but I'm not seeing better armor yet.

Son of Anarchist
15000+ posts
Son of Anarchist
15000+ posts
When you get to the part where you have to fight in the arena (this is just a sidequest, so you may want to explore a bit. It's in the mines/orange rocky area parts of the map), compete in the tournament, it's just a series of fights between a rival team and your team. Every time you win, you get a piece of good armor, you also get nice violet weapons. And when you become champion, you get a whole house to yourself.

Also, the strongest armor in the game (it's a whole set with yellow names and bonus stats when worn as a set), I think comes from the cur of vengeance. It's the boss that you fight before facing gadflow. It's easy to miss because you'll be so caught up in the story that you may forget looting the corpse.

Also, when you beat Gadflow for the first time, one of the chests holds a very strong shield.

And when you finally beat the main quest, when you wake up, you'll meet a shop owner that sells prismere weapons. Pretty much the strongest weapons I've had all throughout the game. Red blades and shit, and can one hit kill Trolls during crits.

What I don't like about the game is that there's no alternate ending. All this time I've been trying to choose answers that would be "good", and even maxed my persuasion so I can avoid some battles, but no. There's just one ending. I tried searching the net and most people pretty much confirm the single ending theme.

The conscience of the rkmbs!
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Max Payne 3

I gotta admit. It's pretty slick so far. I was worried since the first two games were half-assed even for their generation, but this is pretty well done.

The learning curve is pretty steep, but the handling is solid. And the story has a very hard-boiled feel to it. Not quite so noir as the previous games, but still good.

I almost wish they replaced the original voice actor with Bruce Willis since the resemblance is so strong....But that most likely would have been gratuitous.

Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
Minecraft is a helluva drug.

whomod said: I generally don't like it when people decide to play by the rules against people who don't play by the rules.
It tends to put you immediately at a disadvantage and IMO is a sign of true weakness.
This is true both in politics and on the internet."

Our Friendly Neighborhood Ray-man said: "no, the doctor's right. besides, he has seniority."
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Far Cry 3

Originally, I wasn't even gonna bother. The first two didn't interest me, and this one didn't either. Nonetheless, I had a sixty dollar gift card and someone made the suggestion to spend it on that. So I did.

It's pretty fun so far, but something about it seems so unbalanced. My biggest criticism by far is the lack of auto-saving. It has some, but not enough.

Doog the MIGHTY
10000+ posts
Doog the MIGHTY
10000+ posts
Walking Dead episode 2. I like the puzzle factor and the fact that your decisions affect the story, I just wish that dumb shit Duck would have died in ep. 1 like I wanted. I also hope to fuck that retarded reporter for choosing her worthless ass over the smart fat guy. On the back burner, Spartan Ops eps 6-10 look to be awesome.

Son of Anarchist
15000+ posts
Son of Anarchist
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Doog
I also hope to fuck that retarded reporter for choosing her worthless ass over the smart fat guy.

In episode 3, you're going to get the chance to flirt with her... and then...

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Dead Space 3

While I'd definitely say that it's inferior to Dead Space 2 in terms of story and overall gameplay, it carries the series very well.

I have a feeling that all of its drawbacks are forced upon it by its difficult storyline: no matter what direction they take it, it's going to end up contrived on some level now that they've actually tracked down the source of the markers.

Hate the armor designs though. Way too bulky. I've been using the Mass Effect add-on N7 armor the whole way through since the designs that are native to the game suck ass.

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Solid 9.0 overall. To reiterate: it's definitely not superior to Dead Space 2, but traversing the scrap field in outer space was a million miles of fucking awesome. They definitely built on the strengths of its predecessors with that.

I didn't even bother using the Co-op. Fucking retarded idea for this series--especially since it won't give me an official 100% level clearance without it. Fucking EA douchebags.

I'm not sure whether or not I'm cool with the story turn and what the antagonists turned out to be in the end. It has possibilities, but "contrived" doesn't even begin to describe it. I hope they've already got future storyboards written up for it, because if they jumped right into it without thinking, they're rather screwed. I'm afraid, however, that they're going to use it to establish a 'Humanity and intergalactic sentient life in general are parasites that wreak havoc on the galaxy if left unchecked' narrative. We've already gotten an ear full of the 'Humanity sucked earth dry' cliche, so it's a real possibility that they'll go down that road.

The launch trailer was interesting enough:

Phil Collins. Who'd a thunk it?

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Game of Thrones.

Saw it at Gamestop used for $22 dollars. I'm only 15 minutes into the game and I can already tell it's overpriced. I'm sure the story will pick up just fine, but this combat system is balls.

I was hoping for a mediocre hack 'n slasher with a good story. Not an RPG wannabe with a broken party system.

I can tell this is just going to be a very expensive rental.

Funny eyes
100+ posts
Funny eyes
100+ posts
I really do not play video games much these days as I am far too busy writing songs that I shall keep to myself because they are too good for you.
The last game I played though was a marvelous piece of cutting edge technology, and I doubt has been bettered graphically or aurally, and that is Pong. What an absolute pleasure it was to play. Nothing like spending a few hours slapping white balls about.

Lets dance!
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
The Last of Us.

Starts off slow with the tutorial missions, but this is easily one of the best survival horror games I've ever played. The amount of choice your given when it comes to tactics is unprecedented.

I've got more guns than you.
6000+ posts
6000+ posts
Anyone got a suggestion for a reasonably priced ($30 or less) game to kill the next eight days with? Out on medical leave @ work...

"Ah good. Now I'm on the internet clearly saying I like tranny cleavage. This shouldn't get me harassed at all."
-- Lothar of the Hill People
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
I think Pong's down to about 29 bucks.

Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
Pong is the Asian guy that Pariah pays to blow him behind the 7-11.

whomod said: I generally don't like it when people decide to play by the rules against people who don't play by the rules.
It tends to put you immediately at a disadvantage and IMO is a sign of true weakness.

Our Friendly Neighborhood Ray-man said: "no, the doctor's right. besides, he has seniority."
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
29 bucks is way overpriced for that.

This is actually the first time I truly feel sorry for people who don't game on the PS3. I'm almost done with The Last of Us and it has been one of the most amazing gaming experiences I've ever had. The story, the atmosphere, and the gameplay all work together swimmingly.

Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Pariah
29 bucks is way overpriced for that.

And yet you keep paying it.

Son of Anarchist
15000+ posts
Son of Anarchist
15000+ posts
he's a great tipper.

Doog the MIGHTY
10000+ posts
Doog the MIGHTY
10000+ posts
I bought Assassins Creed 3 for $20 at the video store. I think I bought a bad copy though. It started out as an awesome white dude assassinating British soldiers and then abruptly changed to Cabela's Big Game Hunter:18th century edition complete with flat voice actors reading scripts in a language that like 12 people probably speak.

Son of Anarchist
15000+ posts
Son of Anarchist
15000+ posts
Injustice: Gods Among Us on the iPad. My index finger is sore now.

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory

It's shit.

Seriously. It fucking sucks.

I remember playing the first one years ago--also a piece a shit. I distinctly remember saying to myself, "This could be a great game...if the fucking control scheme made any gawddamn sense and it wasn't cluttered as fuck".

Surprise surprise, Chaos theory is the exact same turd as the first game. I specifically went to this one because I heard it was the peak of the series. I should have known that it's just more of the same crap that could only appeal to people who like to feel better about themselves by referring to other, more standard control schemes, as trendy or shallow or what-the-fuck-ever.

Waste of fucking money.

6000+ posts
6000+ posts
I played Pandora Tomorrow back on the PS2 years ago. I wanted SO BADLY to like it, but the "don't get spotted, don't hurt anyone, or yer fucked and need to restart the whole goddamn level" approach that was taken was infuriating, especially when you factor in the controls that you mentioned. For all the cool moments in the game, there was a solid two hours of me wanting to throw a controller.

"Ah good. Now I'm on the internet clearly saying I like tranny cleavage. This shouldn't get me harassed at all."
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
GTA5

I promised myself that I wouldn't buy this damn thing brand new because I didn't want to support Rockstar anymore--even if they do make the best free roam games.

Unfortunately, someone got it for me as a gift. So the matter of not supporting them was taken out of my hands. Gives me a new perspective on buying things for other people.

....That being said, it's an awesome game so far. I don't have the same warm fuzzy playing it like I did with GTA: San Andreas--as opposed to GTA4, of which I have very little positives to mention--and the overall map is pretty empty (I really wish they included San Fierro). Despite these drawbacks however, the interactivity with the environment is amazing and the writing is miles better than what's come before it.

Nowie. You played it yet?

Last edited by Pariah; 2013-09-19 6:02 AM.
Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
yes

Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: PCG342
I played Pandora Tomorrow back on the PS2 years ago. I wanted SO BADLY to like it, but the "don't get spotted, don't hurt anyone, or yer fucked and need to restart the whole goddamn level" approach that was taken was infuriating, especially when you factor in the controls that you mentioned. For all the cool moments in the game, there was a solid two hours of me wanting to throw a controller.

get better at it then you cunt

Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
btw, I have played a lot of games recently.
Finished:
X Com Enemy Unknown
Splinter cell blacklist
Assassins creed 3
Injustice:Gods among us
Mafia 2
Split second
Dead island
Dead island riptide
Dead Pool

Got pissed off with cause its bugged to hell:
Grid 2

Need to finish:
Spec ops:The line
GTA V
Syndicate
Hitman absolution
Shift 2 unleashed
Farcry 3 blood dragon
R.I.P.D

And then theres the shit loada free games that I need to either start or continue:
Saints row the third
Payday the heist
Shadow of the colossus
Ico
Jax 1,2 & 3
Demons souls
Kingdoms of amalur
When vikings attack
Spartacus legends
Teken Revolution
Dead or alive 5
Littlebigplanet Karting
Littlebigplanet 2
Catherine
Lord of the rings war in the north
Joe Danger 2 the movie
Mass effect 3
God of war HD
F1 race stars
the cave
Bioshock 2
Vanquish
Bulletstorm

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Blacklist? Amaleur? Catherine???

Do you even know what that game is?

Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
its fucking weird

Son of Anarchist
15000+ posts
Son of Anarchist
15000+ posts
It's a puzzle game about cheating on your girlfriend and then making a deal with the devil who is now a bartender?

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
And you got the freaky deeky sex scenes like every other Japanese dating game.

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Oh please.

I knew it was only a matter of time before the game started preaching in my ear.

And Rockstar actually thinks using Trevor as a mouthpiece of how 'torture is useless' or PMCs 'shit on the poor' somehow makes the message more legitimate.

*sigh*

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Guh! Seriously, Rockstar needs to get a new act. Using Trevor as their political voice box is so stupid.

"I'm a criminal! So I know what I'm talking about when it comes to injustices!"

That's great. But it really defeats your point. Especially when you feel you have to make rat-bastard numero uno of the game as charismatic as possible just so your propoganda will resonate.

And of course, they're justifying every act of thievery and murder they commit by pointing the finger at the government and private enterprise, screaming "THEY do it too!" as though they think a city as advanced and economically prosperous (compared to the larger hubs of other nations) as Los Santos could possibly be supported on a framework consisting purely of theft and homicide.

If Capitalism and American law enforcement are as shitty as they've had Micheal and Trevor drone on about, then they really need to explain why they gave their fictional city such decent infrastructure and a fairly manageable crime rate. I mean, I'm hardly a fan of government since, you know, that is what's killing the market in the US, but those Rockstar fabricated scenarios of amateur-hour torture sessions, cross-organizational rivalries between government agencies, and PMCs shitting on the poor are just so much ridiculous fluff.

Does anyone really buy their shit?

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Nowhereman. Do me a solid and head up North to Scotland so you can suicide bomb Rockstar North's studio.

Son of Anarchist
15000+ posts
Son of Anarchist
15000+ posts

People point to this image as an example of "game logic," but it's actually very realistic. The office was ignoring the bazooka because he thought it was the guy's dick.

'cuz black guys have big dicks. Lothar told me.

Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
Fucking hell Pariah can you not just enjoy something for what it is? A game where you get to run around killing people and robbing banks.
Trevor is fucking hilarious, and you are not, so fuck off and die you cunt.

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Yes, fine, but what about Rockstar North? Did you do as I asked?

brother from another mother
15000+ posts
Online Cool
brother from another mother
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Son of Mxy

People point to this image as an example of "game logic," but it's actually very realistic. The office was ignoring the bazooka because he thought it was the guy's dick.

'cuz black guys have big dicks. Lothar told me.

I didn't say"have".

"My friends have always been the best of me." -Doctor Who

"Well,whenever I'm confused,I just check my underwear. It holds most answers to life's questions." Abe Simpson

I can tell by the position of the sun in the sky, that is time for us to go. Until next time, I am Lothar of the Hill People!
6000+ posts
6000+ posts
Just played through ep. 1 of "The Wolf Among Us." Good stuff. I was originally introduced to Telltale's games when the first season of Sam and Max was released, got sidetracked until The Walking Dead went on sale, then snagged the Wolf Among Us season pass as soon as it became available.

Unless you absolutely hate either "Fables" and/or Telltale's adventure games it's well worth a look.

Page 41 of 47 1 2 39 40 41 42 43 46 47

Link Copied to Clipboard