brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
OP Offline
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
Just... wow.

Lyndon Johnson, The N Word, and the Concept of the Democrat Plantation

Quote:

In conspiracy circles, Lyndon Johnson is a poignant figure. Taking on the presidency after the assassination of John F. Kennedy, which could very well be the most conspiracy-debated event ever, there are plenty of theories about Johnson being involved in some way. He also presided over a time when civil rights were getting ironed out in America and don’t forget the Vietnam War. In this article, we want to look at a very different side of Lyndon Johnson.

Meet Ronald Kessler. An American journalist who authored a book called Inside the White House that was released back in 1996. In the book, he had a few quotations that Lyndon Johnson supposedly made aboard Air Force One that raised quite a few eyebrows. Now, first of all, let’s remember that we have only Kessler’s word to go on. No one has ever corroborated these quotations, so there is always the chance that they were simply made up, embellished, or taken grossly out of context. However, historians generally agree that the comments seem to be right in character for Johnson, and no one has really protested or questioned the authenticity of the comments.

“I’ll have those niggers voting Democratic for the next 200 years.” —Lyndon B. Johnson to two governors on Air Force One -

“These Negroes, they’re getting pretty uppity these days and that’s a problem for us since they’ve got something now they never had before, the political pull to back up their uppityness. Now we’ve got to do something about this, we’ve got to give them a little something, just enough to quiet them down, not enough to make a difference.”—LBJ

Of course, today we live in different times. If these words were uttered today, the outrage would be unreal. This was a different time when some of the words used in these comments were used much more frequently. It is the stance of Common Sense Conspiracy that the term “nigger” should never be used for any reason in our current society. There are always those people that try to argue that it doesn’t mean that or doesn’t mean this, but the reality is if you use this extremely flagrant word, even in jest or talking about something other than African Americans, you have to realize the negative connotation that goes with it. Regardless of the intent it is used with, the bottom line is there isn’t a whole lot of good reasons to be saying “nigger” in our society. The worst scenario is you are making a racist statement; the best scenario is you are making a joke in very bad taste.

Having said that, we move on. If Johnson did speak these words in the privacy of his mansion in the sky, what does it mean? Enter the long-standing conspiracy of the Democrat Plantation. The concept is simple. The Democratic party is known for representing the lower classes, but how does it represent them? Ask any Republican and they will mumble something about the welfare nation. Ask any Democrat about Republicans and they will tell you that they only care about the rich. But does either party really care about the poor (or the middle class for that matter)? Lyndon Johnson’s comments are kind of eerie against the backdrop of America decades later. The term “Democrat Plantation” was no doubt coined by some Republican somewhere. It suggests that the Democratic party seeks to “enslave” the lower classes by providing government programs that make them increasingly dependent on the government. They then are indebted to the party that gives, and therefore vote for them to make sure that they don’t lose the little bit that they have. That’s what Johnson was talking about. ”Enough to quiet them down, not enough to make a difference.” He would have African Americans voting for the Democratic party for 200 years if they offered the “helping hand” that they “needed.” Is it just a little frightening that it seems that he was right on target thus far?

Herman Cain said he would not “live on the Democratic Plantation” during his briefly successful run at the Republican nomination in 2012.

We are not suggesting that African Americans or any American vote Republican or Democratic. Every person in our great nation has the right to vote, and therefore has the right to make up their minds for themselves. Is it true? Is there a Democrat Plantation? At the time these now infamous words were possibly uttered, the African American population faced greater challenges than their white counterparts. While this certainly still exists in some capacity, in 2012, African Americans have lots of opportunities that their ancestors didn’t. The affirmative action laws have helped level the playing field in the realm of employment. Civil rights will always be an issue until true equality is achieved, which is probably something that can never happen in our world. More likely, it would only shift with the other demographic getting the shorter end of the stick. Such is the plight of a society of human beings.

Common Sense Conspiracy is not a Republican nor a Democratic site. In fact, we have spent what would amount to reams of pages talking about our distaste with the two-party system and our sincere belief that both parties are part of a single unit with a single agenda when everything is said and done. So, for us, the concept of the Democratic Plantation is not about political parties, despite the name. It is about the system of government and what their true mission is. The “enslavement” that is suggested by the Democratic Plantation no longer applies to African Americans, but Americans. If you are not part of the rich elite, you are at risk for being part of the plantation. It’s no longer about color of skin, racism, or bigotry. It’s about a New World Order, a state of control and the concept that patriotism is no longer a feeling of pride for your country, but a feeling of loyalty to a government that provides for you.

If Johnson were alive today, and he decided unwisely to use the same terminology, then wouldn’t all of us that rely on the government be “niggers?”

White people, black people. Latinos. Just another day on the Democratic Plantation.

Is it time for us to get a little “uppity?”

People need a helping hand sometimes. But they must make sure that hand is helping them up and not holding them down.

We apologize for the N word and hope that our readers will know that we use it only to illustrate our point.

But then, just like the current push by Democrats for amnesty... we already knew that, didn't we?

Just not that LBJ had said it so overtly.

• from Do Racists have lower IQ's...

Liberals who bemoan discrimination, intolerance, restraint of Constitutional freedoms, and promotion of hatred toward various abberant minorities, have absolutely no problem with discriminating against, being intolerant of, restricting Constitutional freedoms of, and directing hate-filled scapegoat rhetoric against conservatives.

EXACTLY what they accuse Republicans/conservatives of doing, is EXACTLY what liberals/Democrats do themselves, to those who oppose their beliefs.
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
If their website is talking about a democratic plantation the site is GOP. It's a stupid GOP talking point. Trying to trick and divide the country so a few wealthy can get even more.

The GOP owned House just recently passed a farm bill full of free stuff for wealthy corporations but stripped out food stamps for the truly needy. Poor kids mostly.

Fuck you.

Fair play!
"Hey this is PCG342's bro..."
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Wealthy corporations employ people. Who cares about poor kids?

Signed,

G-man

"Are you eating it...or is it eating you?"

[center][Linked Image from i13.photobucket.com] [/center]

[center][Linked Image from i13.photobucket.com][/center]
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
OP Offline
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
The topic manifests Democrats' clear attempt to enslave a majority of the American people with dependency on entitlements, and in particular their cynical contempt for black America in pursuit of that, with entitlements put in place by LBJ.

Those entitlements (Food Stamps, and Disability) have roughly doubled under Obama's first four years alone. Even as the black unemployment rate has doubled.

The farm bill --as much as it relates to this topic, without derailing it-- is an attempt to reign in spending that Democrats have elevated 50% in the last 5 years for food assistance.
The poor will not starve from a 3% cut in food assistance spending that was proposed.
What's truly callous and cruel to the middle class and poor is the Democrats enacting massive new regulation (including Obamacare) that has stagnated job creation, while forcing additional financial burden on that same middle class and poor, as well as all businesses.

Liberals who bemoan discrimination, intolerance, restraint of Constitutional freedoms, and promotion of hatred toward various abberant minorities, have absolutely no problem with discriminating against, being intolerant of, restricting Constitutional freedoms of, and directing hate-filled scapegoat rhetoric against conservatives.

EXACTLY what they accuse Republicans/conservatives of doing, is EXACTLY what liberals/Democrats do themselves, to those who oppose their beliefs.
Officially "too old for this shit"
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Matter-eater Man
If their website is talking about a democratic plantation the site is GOP

The LBJ quote is attributed to a book, "Inside the White House," by Ronald Kessler. From what wikipedia says about him (and for what wikipedia is worth) he seems like a well respected journalist with a fair number of mainstream credentials. The reviews of the book are generally positive and indicate it was equally tough on both GOP and Democrat presidents.

This would seem to indicate that the LBJ story referenced by the so-called GOP website is as likely as not accurate.

The conscience of the rkmbs!
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: MisterJLA
Foodstamps! Foodstamps for all! They make everything better!

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
The GOP owned House just recently passed a farm bill full of free stuff for wealthy corporations but stripped out food stamps for the truly needy. Poor kids mostly.

Fuck you.

Yep. That's exactly the kind of obfuscation LBJ used to get the kind of political clout he wanted. Congrats on successfully channelling your hero MEM.

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Pariah
Even though I have a lot more in common with people on foodstamps than I ever will with the top 1%, I will blindly defend my Wall Street friends with my last breath if need be! I know they would do the same for me.

Sure they would, Pariah. Sure they would.

brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
OP Offline
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: the G-man

The LBJ quote is attributed to a book, "Inside the White House," by Ronald Kessler. From what wikipedia says about him (and for what wikipedia is worth) he seems like a well respected journalist with a fair number of mainstream credentials. The reviews of the book are generally positive and indicate it was equally tough on both GOP and Democrat presidents.

This would seem to indicate that the LBJ story referenced by the so-called GOP website is as likely as not accurate.

From the article in my opening post:

Quote:

Meet Ronald Kessler. An American journalist who authored a book called Inside the White House that was released back in 1996. In the book, he had a few quotations that Lyndon Johnson supposedly made aboard Air Force One that raised quite a few eyebrows. Now, first of all, let’s remember that we have only Kessler’s word to go on. No one has ever corroborated these quotations, so there is always the chance that they were simply made up, embellished, or taken grossly out of context. However, historians generally agree that the comments seem to be right in character for Johnson, and no one has really protested or questioned the authenticity of the comments.

I previously had no idea one way or the other what Ron Kessler's journalistic reputation was, prior to you saying the above, G-man.

But I find it very telling that as incendiary as the LBJ quotes were, no one challenged their authenticity, and those who knew LBJ found these quotes "right in character for Johnson".

And, I might add, consistent with the cynical goals of Harry Reid and others in their selection of Barack Obama, exploiting him as a black candidate, but one who didn't speak "black dialect" that Reid saw as offputting to white voters. And the envious racist comments of Bill Clinton ("a few years ago, he would have been bringing us coffee") and Jesse Jackson.
All described in another tell-all book exposing Democrat racism, Game Change by Marc Halperin.

brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
OP Offline
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
The Jesse Jackson comments on Obama, from Wikipedia:

Quote:
On July 6, 2008, during an interview with Fox News, a microphone picked up Jackson whispering to fellow guest Dr. Reed Tuckson:[62] "See, Barack's been, ahh, talking down to black people on this faith-based... I want to cut his nuts off."[63] Jackson was expressing his disappointment in Obama's Father's Day speech chastisement of black fathers.[64] Subsequent to his Fox News interview, Jackson apologized and reiterated his support for Obama.[63]

Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Fair Play!
15000+ posts

The term "democratic plantation" is a GOP talking point though. Your party can't count on just the white votes anymore but instead of competing for other votes we get this shit.

As for LBJ, LBJ helped black people to actually get to vote and put an end to desegregation. He has a much more well known (and sourced quote) about how the dems would lose the south for generations because of the civil rights legislation he helped pass and signed into law.

Fair play!
Society's Discontent
6000+ posts
Society's Discontent
6000+ posts
Glad we can be so sure about a quote from LBJ that we can't even identify which two governors he supposedly said it to. Sounds an awful lot like kings suddenly making this one feller heir during a private, death bed meeting.

Last edited by iggy; 2013-08-01 4:44 AM. Reason: typing errors
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
LBJ was well known for slurs and general foulness. Former secret service agents wrote books with reference to it. Hardly unbelievable.

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Even though I have a lot more in common with people on foodstamps than I ever will with the top 1%, I will blindly defend my Wall Street friends with my last breath if need be! I know they would do the same for me.

I doubt I have much in common with people who're cool with living on government handouts.

Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: iggy
Glad we can be so sure about a quote from LBJ that we can't even identify which two governors he supposedly said it to. Sounds an awful lot like kings suddenly making this one feller heir during a private, death bed meeting.

Which quote are you referencing? I've never heard the first quote before but the latter quote that I have was sourced from a former aide.

Fair play!
15000+ posts
15000+ posts

I doubt I have much in common with people who're cool with living on government handouts.

Except you are living on government handouts. Unless you honestly believe you are doing this country a service by pretending to be a soldier.

How's the special ops application working out?

Society's Discontent
6000+ posts
Society's Discontent
6000+ posts

Which quote are you referencing? I've never heard the first quote before but the latter quote that I have was sourced from a former aide.

The quote where he is dropping the N-word like a boss. Can't tell me when he said, who he said it to, or who relayed it; but can say there is a pretty good shot at him saying it because it sure sounds like something he would say.

But, hey, who am I to judge "rigorous" standards such as those?

Last edited by iggy; 2013-08-01 2:32 PM.
15000+ posts
15000+ posts

The quote where he is dropping the N-word like a boss. Can't tell me when he said, who he said it to, or who relayed it; but can say there is a pretty good shot at him saying it because it sure sounds like something he would say.

Iggy makes an excellent point and I am sure that our fair minded libertarian friend will apply the same rigor to every other news story and/or book that gets mentioned here. I would assume, for example, that any news story that mentions anonymous sources or isn't completely vetted by the government and confirmed on the record will be considered false by him from here on out.

Society's Discontent
6000+ posts
Society's Discontent
6000+ posts

Iggy makes an excellent point and I am sure that our fair minded libertarian friend will apply the same rigor to every other news story and/or book that gets mentioned here. I would assume, for example, that any news story that mentions anonymous sources or isn't completely vetted by the government and confirmed on the record will be considered false by him from here on out.

With all the fake quotes attributed to presidents out there, do you really want to hang your hat on this one, G?

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Except you are living on government handouts. Unless you honestly believe you are doing this country a service by pretending to be a soldier.

How's the special ops application working out?

Meow!

Apparently I hit a nerve.

15000+ posts
15000+ posts

Haha!

Irony. Knife. Cut.

Or am I thinking of hypocrisy....I'm not sure which anymore.

You have a both a capacity and a storied history for profiling according to background.

Society's Discontent
6000+ posts
Society's Discontent
6000+ posts

Haha!

Irony. Knife. Cut.

Or am I thinking of hypocrisy....I'm not sure which anymore.

You have a both a capacity and a storied history for profiling according to background.

That's some solid Pariah-logic right there. "We've called you out on it before so you can't call us out on it when we do it now." That's fucking classic, numbnuts.

brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
OP Offline
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: WB

From the article in my opening post:

Quote:

I previously had no idea one way or the other what Ron Kessler's journalistic reputation was, prior to you saying the above, G-man.

But I find it very telling that as incendiary as the LBJ quotes were, no one challenged their authenticity, and those who knew LBJ found these quotes "right in character for Johnson".

brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
OP Offline
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts

Iggy has already shown his eagerness to reject well-documented facts that contradict his preconceived views. As demonstrated in his eagerness to believe and gloat about the still-unproven allegations against Herman Cain in a previous topic.

I'm sure there are other examples here on RKMB.

Society's Discontent
6000+ posts
Society's Discontent
6000+ posts
Yes, because this is exactly the same as a guy who proved himself so trustworthy by changing his story over the course of a whole evening!

Stretch much, Wonder Nazi?

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
With all the fake quotes attributed to presidents out there, do you really want to hang your hat on this one, G?

If you mean: do I want to buy the book, read the book and determine if the book contains all the information you require, I have to admit I have better things to do right now and better things to spend my money on.

At the same time, as I said before, the book (not the blog WB cited, the actual book) is written by someone fairly reputable and I can't find anything on line that tends to refute what the book allegedly said.

Furthermore, if we take the line in the context of the era and the background of LBJ it could easily be a case of him saying, in effect, "I’ll have those [African Americans] voting Democratic for the next 200 years [because they'll appreciate this]." That is not particularly shocking (a politician expecting that his legislation will win a new constituency), nor does it necessarily contradict his other comments about losing the south (at the time the south was primarily white).

As such, all I'm saying is that I don't have a particular reason to disbelieve it.

Personally, like a lot of the threads here, it seems to me that everyone, including me and you, are debating minutia (whether this quote is real) and/or side issues (MEM and the farm bill). The real questions are:
  • Do these policies help our hurt minorities?
    If the latter, does the DNC really believe it creates a permanent underclass by doing so or is it a misguided, near religious belief, in the power of statism to fix problems?

Thoughts on those?

15000+ posts
15000+ posts

That's some solid Pariah-logic right there. "We've called you out on it before so you can't call us out on it when we do it now." That's fucking classic, numbnuts.

I've got him on the ropes. Notice he didn't even give me his usual double-talk. He's just swinging away blindly now!

\:lol\:

15000+ posts
15000+ posts

Yeah.....Except I never said there was anything wrong with paying attention to precedent established by a person's background....

If LBJ didn't have a history of this kind of stuff and the author was totally partisan, I wouldn't have even bothered commenting on the issue.

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
I've got him on the ropes. Notice he didn't even give me his usual double-talk. He's just swinging away blindly now!

\:lol\:

Heh. Aside from emotionally charged troll material, what exactly was there to respond to at any length?

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
The fact that you are a complete hypocrite who sucks money from the evil government but is fine with children getting their funds slashed so corporations can get more money instead.

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
I work for an organization that serves as a function of government.

I work there. And I got the shitty paycheck to prove it.

I don't want to work in the public sector forever, but being employed by it hardly makes my case equivalent to welfare recipients.

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Honest question though JLA: would you like there to be no corporations at all?

The reason I ask is because, over and over again, I have stated that I don't want the private sector or the public sector anywhere near each other. Despite this, you still make it sound like I want corporations to profit off other people's misery.

This leads me to believe that you don't have an issue with the relationship between government and corporations so much as you just dislike big industries and the businesses therein.

Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
... he seems like a well respected journalist with a fair number of mainstream credentials.

Here's a clip from Kessler at CPAC saying those who don't think FOX isn't fair and balanced hasn't watched FOX. The guy is from Newsmax and Media Matters has a collection of some of his "reporting".

Fair play!
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
So that's all I have to do to discredit someone? Put the name of their profession in quotes?

And there have already been a couple Pew studies that pegged Fox as the most balanced in terms of news vs. commentary and liberal/conservative ratios in panel discussions (as opposed to the big three who tend to just have liberals talking with liberals the whole time). Media Matters, on the other hand, was founded by Hillary Clinton.

Endorsing Fox news hardly discredits him.

Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
I'm sure WB and G-man would agree with you about FOX. As well as Karl Rove and other partisans who are not interested in fair or balanced. Newsmax of course doesn't even attempt to pretend to be either btw.

Fair play!
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
OP Offline
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
I'm sure WB and G-man would agree with you about FOX. As well as Karl Rove and other partisans who are not interested in fair or balanced. Newsmax of course doesn't even attempt to pretend to be either btw.

And by [Republican] "partisans who are not interested in fair and balanced", you really mean: statistically beyond question balanced, as quantifiably counted by a liberal polling group (and ironically, all the other networks but Fox are revealed to be the ones who have a clear LIBERAL bias).

But that you will continue to slander Fox, and hope we don't cite the statistical evidence that easily disproves your slanders.

Better luck next time, M E M.

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
I see we're all still down in the rabbit hole.

Is this thread about policy or yet another thread about FOX?

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
It's about MEM's attempt to posthumously fellate LBJ even though he was a corrupt, racist demagogue.

Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Fair Play!
15000+ posts

Some conservative douche from Newsmax supplying a gossipy unsourced tabloid styled quote was never going to be about policy. This was about taking a cheap swipe at LBJ.

Fair play!
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
OP Offline
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts

Some conservative douche from Newsmax supplying a gossipy unsourced tabloid styled quote was never going to be about policy. This was about taking a cheap swipe at LBJ.

Re-read the article in my opening post you just smeared, M E M.

It bills itself as a non-partisan site, and used unassuming language that I felt was remarkably fair to both sides. It said the LBJ quote was uncorroborated, but that no one had challenged its authenticity, and that many close to LBJ found the "nigger" remark attributed to him as consistent with how he spoke.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard