Print Thread
#1209978 2014-04-01 2:15 PM
Officially "too old for this shit"
15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
Pow! Ben Affleck Is Out As Movie Batman And Jon Hamm Takes The Cape

• In a surprising development, Jon Hamm has been signed to replace Ben Affleck in the upcoming Batman vs Superman movie and all subsequent episodes.

Warner Bros. issued a statement saying the decision not to cast Affleck was a "mutual agreement" and that the company "looks forward to making many more films with Ben."

Affleck indicated he wanted to get on to other things.

Stressing his good relationship with the studio, where he's also shot Reindeer Games and Pearl Harbor, he said: "I look forward to having the opportunity to play a wide variety of roles of many genres."

Reports circulated that Affleck, an acclaimed director in his own right, wasn't getting on with director Zach Snyder.

Hamm is most famous as Don Draper in Mad Men. He also worked with Affleck in the Town.

Affleck had been a controversial choice among fans since his casting was initially announced, with many suggesting Hamm or Josh Brolin would be a better fit for the role.

Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
Gabe Kaplan has also been cast as James Gordon.

whomod said: I generally don't like it when people decide to play by the rules against people who don't play by the rules.
It tends to put you immediately at a disadvantage and IMO is a sign of true weakness.
This is true both in politics and on the internet."

Our Friendly Neighborhood Ray-man said: "no, the doctor's right. besides, he has seniority."
brother from another mother
15000+ posts
Online Cool
brother from another mother
15000+ posts
Dang it,G! For a moment there you got my hopes up.

"My friends have always been the best of me." -Doctor Who

"Well,whenever I'm confused,I just check my underwear. It holds most answers to life's questions." Abe Simpson

I can tell by the position of the sun in the sky, that is time for us to go. Until next time, I am Lothar of the Hill People!
I Am Groot
5000+ posts
I Am Groot
5000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: the G-man
Pow! Ben Affleck Is Out As Movie Batman And Jon Hamm Takes The Cape

• In a surprising development, Jon Hamm has been signed to replace Ben Affleck in the upcoming Batman vs Superman movie and all subsequent episodes.

Warner Bros. issued a statement saying the decision not to cast Affleck, who played the dark hero in the two previous movies, was a "mutual agreement" and that the company "looks forward to making many more films with Ben."

Affleck indicated he wanted to get on to other things.

Stressing his good relationship with the studio, where he's also shot Reindeer Games and Pearl Harbor, he said: "I look forward to having the opportunity to play a wide variety of roles of many genres."

Reports circulated that Affleck, an acclaimed director in his own right, wasn't getting on with director Zach Snyder.

Hamm is most famous as Don Draper in Mad Men. He also worked with Affleck in the Town.

Affleck had been a controversial choice among fans since his casting was initially announced, with many suggesting Hamm or Josh Brolin would be a better fit for the role.

Well, at least Hamm will have something to do when "Mad Men" ends. \:lol\:

15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
Heh.

brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts

Does anyone actually like Ben Affleck?

As Mallrats was the first movie I ever saw him in, he will always to me be "the asshole guy from Fashionable Male". That works on a lot of levels...

Son of Anarchist
15000+ posts
Son of Anarchist
15000+ posts
He was the bomb in Phantoms, yo.

brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts

As in, he bombed in Phantoms?

I haven't seen it. I like him better as a screenwriter than as an actor. The closest I've come to enjoying Affleck is The Town.
For all its awards, I thought Argo was overrated and rather unspectactular.

I like him best in Mallrats and Chasing Amy.
Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back was pretty good too, particularly the scene where he and Matt Damon are talking to the camera. When Dogma came out, I think the Kevin Smith "view-askew-niverse" had grown stale, but even that had some funny lines.

I guess I like him in the Smith movies because they're funny and less intense than anything else I've seen him in.

15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
If you saw Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back you ought to get that reference, WB.

15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts

brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts

Again, does anyone actually like Ben Affleck?

I've never never heard anyone express either disappointment or enthusiasm that he is or isn't in a movie. He's just kind of there.

Link Copied to Clipboard