Print Thread
"Hey this is PCG342's bro..."
15000+ posts
OP Offline
"Hey this is PCG342's bro..."
15000+ posts
http://money.msn.com/top-stocks/post--mob-boss-calls-a-stock-bubble

Quote:
"I did a lot of things at times with people on Wall Street," said Franzese, who believes there is still a contract out on his life. "A lot of guys are shady and they did shady things with me and I don't trust them. And I don't like other people that I don't know really well taking care of my money. I think that I can do it better."

"Are you eating it...or is it eating you?"

[center][Linked Image from i13.photobucket.com] [/center]

[center][Linked Image from i13.photobucket.com][/center]
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts

Quote:
"Business is business," said Franzese, who served a 10-year prison sentence on federal racketeering charges. "Whether you're doing it on the street illegally or you're doing it legitimately, there are certain principles that carry both ways."

That's interesting. Even in an illegal business, you still have to be reliable and trustworthy to your partners.

It's wild that a guy who's a Mafia kingpin could be scared of Wall Street investment. Although the article headline is a bit hyperbolic. he's afraid to invest in overvalued Wall Street stocks positioned for a major market correction, not that Wall-Streeters have literally threatened want to kill him.
While he believes there is still a contract out on him, it's not from anyone on Wall Street, it's from his former mob ties, and probably a plea deal he made to avoid more jail time.

brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts

Quote:

Franzese has another unusual qualification for giving advice: he's still alive. He noted that out of the 50 bosses on the Fortune list, 44 are now dead and three are doing life in prison without parole. He's believed to be the only surviving high-ranking member of a major crime family to publicly walk away and refuse protective custody.

That's a selling point to the reliability of Franzese's financial advice, and to his exceptional clarity of thought and judgement in a crisis situation.

Son of Anarchist
15000+ posts
Son of Anarchist
15000+ posts
I've watched a documentary about this man during one of the slow days at work. He's not really a kingpin, but he did work for one of the most powerful families as a caporegime. The thing that really convinced him to get out of the mob was being sold out by his own father.

He was very influential even though he wasn't a head of any family because he really did have a talent for coming up with new rackets. He was the mastermind of the gas racket, where they collect the state and federal gas taxes from gasoline stations while keeping someone from the feds on their payroll. The taxes at the time were being collected manually, so everytime they get a tip that the collector's going to come around, they close down the gas station and run away with the money, lather rinse and repeat. They also spun off the racket to another one where they sell gas at vastly reduced prices (because they didn't pay tax.)

Link Copied to Clipboard