Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
brother from another mother
15000+ posts
OP Offline
brother from another mother
15000+ posts

http://www.mtv.com/news/1964575/warner-bros-justice-league-flash-aquaman-cyborg/

Quote:
Via press release, Warner Bros. and DC Entertainment announced their full slate of superhero movies through 2020, and oh man, is this list a doozy:

- “Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice,” directed by Zack Snyder (2016)

- “Suicide Squad,” directed by David Ayer (2016)

- “Wonder Woman,” starring Gal Gadot (2017)

- “Justice League Part One,” directed by Zack Snyder, with Ben Affleck, Henry Cavill and Amy Adams reprising their roles (2017)

- “The Flash,” starring Ezra Miller (2018)

- “Aquaman,” starring Jason Momoa (2018)

- “Shazam” (2019)

- “Justice League Part Two,” directed by Zack Snyder (2019)

- “Cyborg,” starring Ray Fisher (2020)

- “Green Lantern” (2020)

In addition, the studio will release currently unscheduled standalone Superman and standalone Batman films in the same period.

The first movie (“Batman V Superman: Dawn Of Justice”) we’ve known about for a good long while, of course, while “Justice League” with Snyder directing has also been on the books for a while.

There’s a number of huge surprises from this announcement, though, including the casting of “The Flash,” the confirmation of a solo “Wonder Woman” movie – a huge deal for fans of both the character, and people who have been asking for a solo female superhero movie for years – and that “Justice League” will be split into two parts.

The biggest surprise, though, is how different Warner Bros./DC’s strategy is from closest rival Disney/Marvel. Where Marvel has staked out dates on movies for a similar time period, they’ve been playing what the movies will actually be pretty close to their virtual vest. This, on the other hand (and to mix metaphors) is WB/DC putting all – or most – of their collectible trading cards on the table.

"My friends have always been the best of me." -Doctor Who

"Well,whenever I'm confused,I just check my underwear. It holds most answers to life's questions." Abe Simpson

I can tell by the position of the sun in the sky, that is time for us to go. Until next time, I am Lothar of the Hill People!
Officially "too old for this shit"
15000+ posts
Officially "too old for this shit"
15000+ posts
It's not surprising that DC is making movies about their "big guns," and the Suicide Squad concept has always been a compelling one for a movie (being, basically, the Dirty Dozen in spandex).

That being said, is there really an audience for a Cyborg movie? He was a supporting player in Teen Titans, he's a supporting player in the new 52 JLA and hes never even carried his own series.

brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts

Quote:
“Justice League Part One,” directed by Zack Snyder, with Ben Affleck, Henry Cavill and Amy Adams reprising their roles (2017)

Whatever else he plays, Ben Affleck for me will always be the asshole guy from Fashionable Male.

Link Copied to Clipboard