Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
old one eye
2500+ posts
OP Offline
old one eye
2500+ posts

http://guff.com/christian-parent-is-sick-of-dinosaurs-being-forced-on-kids/20?ts_pid=2

Quote:

Most Christians are warm, loving people. Some use their chosen holy book to spew hatred and bigotry. Others…are just insane.

Apparently, Christians Against Dinosaurs is an actual f*cking thing. While this may seem like a belief system one may temporarily form while having a bad time of exploring the effects of psychedelics, this group of brave Bible-believers is fighting against the horrific, Satanic scientists thrusting upon the world the belief that…dinosaurs existed.

For some, believing that the world is a mere 10,000 years old and that Jesus rode a T-Rex on his return to Galilee (That’s not in the Bible. Don’t bother.) isn’t good enough. Christians Against Dinosaurs aims to have the titanic lizards removed from classrooms and replaced with pure, Godly, Bibley, stuff — perhaps, like unicorns and dragons.

The group’s raving lunacy is so prevalent that it has gotten some involved banned from parenting forums, HuffPo reports. CADministry was removed from Mumnet after a tale of disowning her sister after the latter presented her nieces and nephews with dinosaur toys. This Christian, anti-dinosaur crusader warned that lessons about dinosaurs would cause children to become “bestially minded” and bite one another:

“I am getting sick and tired of dinosaurs being forced on our children. At my children’s school, several children were left in tears after one of their classmates (who had evidently been exposed to dinosaurs) became bestially-minded and ran around the classroom roaring and pretending to be a dinosaur. Then he bit three children on the face. Recently my sister foolishly gave my two youngest some dinosaur toys for Christmas. After telling her to get out of my house, I burnt the dinosaurs. My children were delighted because they know that dinosaurs are evil. I am fortunate that my family has been very supportive, and has disowned my children’s former aunt.”

One woman, posting on the group’s YouTube channel, explained that fossils are a gigantic lie perpetrated by ‘Big Paleontology’ to deceive humanity into…paying them.

“A fossil is not actually a piece of bone,” she says in the video. “It’s actually a bone that was once in the ground that has been filled with limestone, calcium, and other stone-like deposits, so at the end of the day, it’s a rock made out of rocks.”

“So, you have a rock that’s [six-inches long] and you hand it to a paleontologist, who chips away at it until you have something looking like a bone — and that is a fossil,” she continues.

After covering a table with broken pieces of…something, she tells viewers to pretend they are paleontologists (ooh, activity time!) and put the shards back together in their original form. She even offered some spackle to assist in the reconstruction.

But, she says, it’s supposed to be a brachiosaurus skull — and “If you’re a paleontologist and you want to keep your job, you turn that into a brachiosaurus skull.”

It is entirely possible that this monumental display of dumbf*ckery is satrical, which would make this woman — and her group — some of the best trolls in the history of the internet.

However, it is entirely possible in the anti-science Christian world that these people genuinely do not believe dinosaurs existed. Some, like Ray Comfort, feel that true Christians should not believe in evolution because, even if one believes in Jesus, “A professing Christian who believes in evolution thinks that Jesus is lying.”

Others believe that parents should not inoculate their children against measles, smallpox, polio, et. al, because:

Disease is pestilence, and pestilence is from the devil. The devil is germs and disease, which is cancer and any of those things that can take you down. But if you trust in the Lord, these things cannot come near you.

Some simply reject modern medicine altogether.

While this can certainly not be said for the majority of Christians, some are dangerously stupid. In fact, it would not be unreasonable to assume that a segment would rise up against the tyrannical pro-thunder lizard lobby.

Are these nincompoops for real? Are they simply some of the best trolls ever?

You decide.

Read the comment section. It's hysterical!

How you doin'?
Son of Anarchist
15000+ posts
Online Content
Son of Anarchist
15000+ posts

Doog the MIGHTY
10000+ posts
Doog the MIGHTY
10000+ posts
That ignorant slut has big tits. That's pretty much all I got from the video.

brother from another mother
15000+ posts
Online Cool
brother from another mother
15000+ posts
I was hoping she was going to take her shirt off at some point.

"My friends have always been the best of me." -Doctor Who

"Well,whenever I'm confused,I just check my underwear. It holds most answers to life's questions." Abe Simpson

I can tell by the position of the sun in the sky, that is time for us to go. Until next time, I am Lothar of the Hill People!
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
 Quote:
Apparently, Christians Against Dinosaurs is an actual f*cking thing. While this may seem like a belief system one may temporarily form while having a bad time of exploring the effects of psychedelics, this group of brave Bible-believers is fighting against the horrific, Satanic scientists thrusting upon the world the belief that…dinosaurs existed.

I never saw dinosaurs/evolution and the Bible as mutually exclusive. I see a lot of metaphorical wiggle-room in Genesis that could allow for hundreds of millions of years.
The idea that makes dinosaurs/evolution possibly evil is that it reduces mankind to just another species of animal. But in the Bible, humans are created by God in God's own image, with a unique conscience, and (in God's own image) an inherent knowledge of right and wrong.

The seduction of evolution is it teaches that by being scientifically evolved over millions of years (vs. being a direct creation of God) humans have the same instincts as animals, and are not in unique control of their instincts, just another animal. Although there's nothing I'm aware of in the Bible that is contradicted by Evolution. Beyond the vague secularist notion that we aren't created by God.

But why couldn't God have created evolution, and at the moment he made us Homo Sapiens, have created us from that point in the image of God?

brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts

It seems blasphemous, but I have this image from the above of Jesus having fun sliding down a dinosaur's tail like Fred Flintstone, Yabba-dabba-doo-style.

The conscience of the rkmbs!
15000+ posts
The conscience of the rkmbs!
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Wonder Boy
I never saw dinosaurs/evolution and the Bible as mutually exclusive

They're not. Genesis mentions "Tanniyn" multiple times.

Evolution was simply pitched as an alternative to God so as to make a bunch of skeptics feel more secure in their atheism.

The theory offered/offers no proof and is/was riddled with hoaxes. But it's more desirable to live in a universe where your consciousness is the be all, end all metaphysical presence irrespective of a greater, if visually unaccountable, entity.

I am inclined to believe that the universe is ancient and that the earth itself is...fairly old. Humanity, on the other hand, is not even remotely likely to have existed beyond 17 to 18,000 years ago--nevermind every other fucking creature on the planet. Keeping in mind that every permutation of evolutionary theory involves millions--if not billions--of years of transitional development, our relative youth flies in the face of every evolutionist's wishful thinking.

The problem here is that the atheistic trends within the scientific community--that have persisted for well over a century and a half--have poisoned the well as far as dating is concerned. They've already established an evolutionary narrative, that they're comfortable with, which involves (at least) hundreds of millions of a years of evolutionary development and speciation. Since that is their bedrock belief system, any radiocarbon-dated evidence to the contrary is dismissed as an error and dated again according to the expectations of the scientist rather than any hard evidence. Evolutionists looooooove their circular reasoning. As long as those pretexts remain embedded in our textbooks, we'll never have the opportunity for an objective analysis of our origins.

If ever I get into a conversation with anyone about evolution, I will not press the idea that we were created by God. But if someone tries to tell me that we're the product of a still unaccountable billion-year process of morphing from an aquatic creature to an arboreal primate to a homo-sapient species, I will call him a fucking idiot.

Link Copied to Clipboard