Print Thread
brother from another mother
15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts

http://news.yahoo.com/miles-morales-could-spider-man-173710059.html

Quote:

Well-established Hollywood news writer Jeff Sneider appeared in a February 20th episode of Meet The Movie Press and aired the rumor that the next Spider-Man will be "most likely black" (youtu.be/ludM8L2sIRg?t=44m32s).

"This is not set in stone guys, but I'm telling you right now: Spider-Man's not going to be white," he revealed.

While sources were not disclosed, Sneider claimed a high degree of certainty. "Spider-Man's going to be most likely black. There's a chance he could also be Latino," he said, "I'm 95% sure: not white."

As it turns out, Marvel already has a Black Hispanic Spider-Man ready to go in the form of Miles Morales, a teenage Brooklynite who also gained arachnid superpowers from a spider bite, and who was not long ago introduced through 2011 comic book mini-series "Ultimate Fallout."

2016 film "Captain America: Civil War" had been speculated upon as a possible entry point for the rebooted webhead (via ComicBookMovie), but the Morales character has reason -- if not studio resources -- to appear even earlier than that.

He was involved in the final issue of 10-part comic book storyline "Age of Ultron," from which May 2015 blockbuster-in-waiting "Avengers: Age of Ultron" takes its name.

"My friends have always been the best of me." -Doctor Who

"Well,whenever I'm confused,I just check my underwear. It holds most answers to life's questions." Abe Simpson

I can tell by the position of the sun in the sky, that is time for us to go. Until next time, I am Lothar of the Hill People!
Son of Anarchist
15000+ posts
Online Content
Son of Anarchist
15000+ posts
it's most likely Miles Morales. Cuz they forgot that they also have an Irish Mexican Spider-Man from the future.

Banned from the DCMBs since 2002.
15000+ posts
Banned from the DCMBs since 2002.
15000+ posts
When do we get our Australian-Filipino Spider-man, SoM?

This is not big surprise, thinking about it, post- all white Oscars and complaints that heroes in the movies have black sidekicks (Falcon, War Machine/Iron Patriot).

Pimping my site, again.

http://www.worldcomicbookreview.com

Son of Anarchist
15000+ posts
Online Content
Son of Anarchist
15000+ posts
I'm not sure I remembered my spidey facts correctly. I was just assuming that Spider-Man 2009 was Irish Mexican because his name is Miguel and his last name is O'Hara.

Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
The correct nomenclature is Mexicish.

whomod said: I generally don't like it when people decide to play by the rules against people who don't play by the rules.
It tends to put you immediately at a disadvantage and IMO is a sign of true weakness.
This is true both in politics and on the internet."

Our Friendly Neighborhood Ray-man said: "no, the doctor's right. besides, he has seniority."
Doog the MIGHTY
10000+ posts
Doog the MIGHTY
10000+ posts
I'd be fine with miles morales. It makes no difference who wears the mask as long as the story is good. Guardians showed that if handled right nobody would care if a lesser known character is the lead in the movie as long as it's a good movie.

Speaking of...does Sony on the rights to "Peter Parker:Spider-Man" or just the name "Spider-Man"? Because after the last 2 movies I'd have preferred marvel just say "fuck you and your shitty ass movies" to Sony and bring in Miles to their roster and call him Spider-Boy. They don't need Peter Parker to make a good Spider-Man movie.

Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
If its anything like X-Men and Fox, they have the rights to anything and everything Spidey related including villains and supporting characters etc, which would more than likely include all Spider related characters.

I think doing a movie without Parker is gonna be tough. Like Batman and Superman, Spidey is one of the few characters who has a secret identity that is known by just about everyone, regardless of whether they ever read comics or not. Putting anyone other than Parker in the mask is gonna cause confusion. Lesser known characters in Guardians works, but Spidey is not lesser known, so changing the secret id is gonna be a big deal.
With Iron Man they could have stuck Rhodes in the costume. With Green Lantern they could have stuck Gardner in the costume. etc etc, as their identities were not as well known to the general movie going public, but could they get away with rebooting Iron Man and replacing Stark? I think that would be a tough ask, even with Rhodey being in the films.

Personally I will be sad to see Garfield go as he was head and shoulders above Maguire for understanding the character, and the first film for me was better than any of the Raimi ones, and I really liked those films (I even tolerated #3).
The second AS suffered from the same problem as #3 in the original trilogy. Too bloody many characters, and it was pretty much set up to help the spin off movies that were coming.
Oh, and Stone made a much better Gwen than Howard in #3, and was far superior to Dunsts MJ.

The Once, and Future Cunt
15000+ posts
The Once, and Future Cunt
15000+ posts
Well they made Dunst's MJ an amalgam of MJ and Gwen Stacy.

Then they tried to bring in Howard as a very MJish Gwen Stacy.

15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
I liked the movie version of Doc Ock while I still don't care for the comic version of Ock.

"My friends have always been the best of me." -Doctor Who

"Well,whenever I'm confused,I just check my underwear. It holds most answers to life's questions." Abe Simpson

I can tell by the position of the sun in the sky, that is time for us to go. Until next time, I am Lothar of the Hill People!
Son of Anarchist
15000+ posts
Online Content
Son of Anarchist
15000+ posts
Alfred Molina is a fine actor. Because he's mexican.

Link Copied to Clipboard