Next Thread
Print Thread
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
OP Offline
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts

http://video.foxnews.com/v/4085648947001...k#sp=show-clips

Gutfeld's also on The Five, so he's basically slimming down to one show. I'm something of an insomniac, and on the nights I can't sleep, I enjoy Redeye. I started watching in late 2008, about a year after the show began. My favorite was when he'd have his mom call into the show! And his nightly "Gregalogue", that ended about the time he started doing The Five.

I'd guess that it was just a strain to daily come up with material for two shows. I don't know how some of these guys do it. Sean Hannity, for example, who has a three hour show 5 days a week, and then does a 1-hour TV show 5 days a week as well, plus the occasional book, and he hosted C-PAC a few days ago. O'Reilly, Beck, Laura Ingraham and many others juggle radio, TV, print, books, etc., as well. The average person would have difficulty doing one of those things steadily.

I've often thought of Gutfeld and Dennis Miller as a counterweight to guys like Stephen Colbert and Jon Stewart. A whole field I think of as "angry comedy", where they loudly shout political rants in self-parody, but are in fact partisanly invested in one side, and making a serious commentary under the veil of humor.

Interesting that Stewart and Gutfeld both voluntarily gave up their gigs within a week of each other. Although in Gutfeld's case, he gave up Redeye for another more successful and visible show.

The conscience of the rkmbs!
15000+ posts
The conscience of the rkmbs!
15000+ posts
Sucks.

I don't watch that often, but when I do, it's for Gutfeld--because Levy's a fuckwit.

brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
OP Offline
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts

Levy is liberal-leaning, but I have to admit he often makes valid and intelligent points that allow me to see another perspective.

There's a guy Tom Shaloub who fills in for Gutfeld that I also like. And Joann Nosuchinsky is also a nice addition over the last year. For me the hit and miss factor hinges on who the guests are. John Bolton, K.T. McFarland, Ann Coulter, Jedidaia Bila, Jill Dobson, and former CIA agent Mike Peters, among others, are all guests that add intelligent commentary to the show, while also being remarkably funny.

Link Copied to Clipboard