Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
brother from another mother
15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts

http://www.ctvnews.ca/sci-tech/robot-kills-worker-at-volkswagen-plant-in-germany-1.2449237

Quote:

BERLIN -- A robot has killed a contractor at one of Volkswagen's production plants in Germany, the automaker said Wednesday.

The man died Monday at the plant in Baunatal, about 100 kilometres (62 miles) north of Frankfurt, VW spokesman Heiko Hillwig said.

The 22-year-old was part of a team that was setting up the stationary robot when it grabbed and crushed him against a metal plate, Hillwig said.

He said initial conclusions indicate that human error was to blame, rather than a problem with the robot, which can be programmed to perform various tasks in the assembly process. He said it normally operates within a confined area at the plant, grabbing auto parts and manipulating them.

Another contractor was present when the incident occurred, but wasn't harmed, Hillwig said. He declined to give any more details about the case, citing an ongoing investigation.

German news agency dpa reported that prosecutors were considering whether to bring charges, and if so, against whom.

Now the machines have had a taste for human blood...

"My friends have always been the best of me." -Doctor Who

"Well,whenever I'm confused,I just check my underwear. It holds most answers to life's questions." Abe Simpson

I can tell by the position of the sun in the sky, that is time for us to go. Until next time, I am Lothar of the Hill People!
Officially "too old for this shit"
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Lothar of The Hill People

Now the machines have had a taste for human blood...

Now...?

15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
The machines are coming for you,G,just like they went after John Connor! Save us,G!

"My friends have always been the best of me." -Doctor Who

"Well,whenever I'm confused,I just check my underwear. It holds most answers to life's questions." Abe Simpson

I can tell by the position of the sun in the sky, that is time for us to go. Until next time, I am Lothar of the Hill People!
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Only if I get to go back in time and have sex with Linda Hamilton circa 1984.

Otherwise, I for one, welcome our new robotic overlords.

Society's Discontent
6000+ posts
Society's Discontent
6000+ posts
I am of the mind that Skynet is fully aware that the extinction of humanity would render itself obsolete and so it never enacts a plan without a chance of human success. Its strategies thus far have convinced me that, in fact, Skynet fears boredom.

Link Copied to Clipboard