http://www.kptv.com/story/30975810/dan-haggerty-actor-who-played-grizzly-adams-dies

Quote:

Dan Haggerty, the actor who brought Grizzly Adams to life, died Friday at the age of 74.

His manager told several national media outlets Haggerty had been battling cancer.

Haggerty was born Gene Jajonski on Nov. 19, 1941 in Pound, WI, according to IMDb.

His role as Grizzly Adams, the innocent exile living in the wilderness who befriended a bear, began in the 1974 film, The Life and Times of Grizzly Adams. A TV show with the same name aired for two seasons on NBC in 1977 and 1978.

Haggerty went on to reprise the role in TV movies Once Upon a Starry Night, Legend of the Wild and The Capture of Grizzly Adams. He continued taking roles in TV and movies through 2013, with three credited roles for films in post production listed for 2016 on IMDb.

The Grizzly Adams movies and TV show made him famous, but he also did stunt work and a small stint as an animal trainer. He also built custom vehicles, most notably for the film Easy Rider..

Bye,Grizzly.

"My friends have always been the best of me." -Doctor Who

"Well,whenever I'm confused,I just check my underwear. It holds most answers to life's questions." Abe Simpson

I can tell by the position of the sun in the sky, that is time for us to go. Until next time, I am Lothar of the Hill People!