Print Thread
#1220415 2016-04-29 1:14 AM
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
OP Offline
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Trump Deals the Woman Card

Guess he's going to be more presidential later on, lol.

Fair play!
brother from another mother
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
It's ok,MEM,Hillary probably knows she's a woman.

"My friends have always been the best of me." -Doctor Who

"Well,whenever I'm confused,I just check my underwear. It holds most answers to life's questions." Abe Simpson

I can tell by the position of the sun in the sky, that is time for us to go. Until next time, I am Lothar of the Hill People!
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
So do you guys think Hillary being a woman will for her or against her?

The conscience of the rkmbs!
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
I don't believe it will get her as many women voters as people believe. But it will definitely get her a lot of beta males.

Pariah #1220423 2016-04-30 3:21 AM
Son of Anarchist
15000+ posts
Son of Anarchist
15000+ posts
whats a be tamales

Fair Play!
15000+ posts
OP Offline
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Lothar of The Hill People
So do you guys think Hillary being a woman will for her or against her?

I don't think it matters since Trump is so unelectable.

Fair play!
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
OP Offline
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Anybody think Trump's attempt to attack Hillary using her sex was smart on his part?

Fair play!
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Son of Mxy
whats a be tamales

It;s kind of like being a nacho man!

Fair Play!
15000+ posts
OP Offline
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Johnson claims that she begged Trump to use a condom, which he did not. When she expressed fear after the rape that he’d impregnated her, she said he angrily threw $100 bills at her and told her to “get a f***ing abortion.”
RedState

Fair play!
Officially "too old for this shit"
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Trump 41%, Clinton 39% A new Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey of Likely U.S. Voters finds Trump with 41% support to Clinton’s 39%. Fifteen percent (15%) prefer some other candidate, and five percent (5%) are undecided.

Disclaimer: I fully understand that polls this far out are virtually useless in predicting what will happen in November. I also fully understand that some other poll may have a different result. However, it just goes to show that neither side should be taking the race for granted.

Fair Play!
15000+ posts
OP Offline
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
When you say "some other poll" you do understand it's actually all other polls right? While I think it's good that Hillary never assumes she's got the general won till she actually does it doesn't look good for republicans. I'm guessing dems not only beat Trump but also win back the senate and put a sizable dent in the house. The only consolation is that I don't think you would be any better off with Cruz.

Fair play!
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts

Actually, I see Trump as having the momentum, and Hillary on a downward slide. Presidential elections tend to ultimately go to whoever the new candidate is, who offers a real change. In this case, Hillary is the status quo, who basically offers a 3rd term of Obama policy. Whereas Trump offers a real alternative to both parties, vowing to bring common-sense policy to secure our borders, to protect the U.S. from Islamic terrorism, to reign in the national debt, to rebuild our military, and grow our economy and jobs.

Hillary offers to not even label ISIS and Al Qaida as "Islamic terrorism", let alone fight it, Hillary campaigns to continue an anti-jobs policy that has brought less than 3% growth every year of Obama's presidency. Hillary campaigns to shit on U.S. citizens while favoring illegal immigrants (i.e., undocumented Democrats), campaigns to further slash and weaken our military, campaigns to not enforce our borders against illegals and call anyone who disagrees a xenophobe and racist, and campaigns to further demagogue "the rich" who create jobs in this country, even as she reaps huge campaign and Clinton Foundation contributions for selling out to them.

Voters are terrified of what's been happening for the last 7 years, they ultimately will reject 8 more years of it.

Wonder Boy #1220446 2016-05-03 11:14 AM
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
OP Offline
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Trump's "solutions" when examined would actually hurt more than help. And I can't remember any candidate that was able to insult their way to the WH. I think voters look for somebody that is more optimistic and looks capable of being President. Trump is neither of those. He represents the last gasp of a dying party that relied on the white majority for to long and now either needs to change or die.

Fair play!
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
I don't see that you've made a case that Trump would "actually hurt more than help". And Trump is not alone in making insults, those are coming from all corners, in both parties. In the cases of Hillary Clinton and Bernie Sanders, nation-rifting demagoguery at best. And demagoguery based on wishful ideological assumptions rather than the true facts.

I wish Trump were choosing more eloquent rhetoric to make his case than "crooked Hillary", but he is essentially correct on the facts. From Hillary Clinton's days interning for a Watergate judge who fired her, to her time as first lady of Arkansas, Whitewater, Rose Law firm, 100% returns on her first (insider trading) stock investment, having people killed, Travelgate, running her first 1993-1994 attempt at healthcare like the Soviet Politburo, ORCHESTRATING the "war on women" against the women husband Bill philandered, sexually abused, and even raped, women she KNEW were telling the truth and yet she led the attack to paint them as liars and white trash.
Hillary Clinton's personal negligence and cover-up of what happened in the Benghazi attack, where four of America's best were murdered because of her self-serving lies.
And the FBI currently investigating her private e-mail server that compromised national security, lining up state witnesses against her for indictment. Likewise her "America for sale"/pay-to-play selling of her loyalty to the most brutal foreign governments, through donations to the Clinton foundation.
Not to mention her unprecedented treason through the Council on Foreign Relations, that will erode U.S. sovereignty into a global system (in fairness, Bill Clinton, George W. Bush and Barack Obama have also contributed to this erosion of U.S. sovereignty).

And this is the tip of the iceberg. The expanse of secrets waiting to be exposed about Hillary Clinton is like that warehouse in the last scene of Raiders of the Lost Ark. And perhaps unlike McCain and Romney before him, Trump is the only GOP candidate willing to actually go after his opponent's vile record and take the kid gloves off.

• from Do Racists have lower IQ's...

Liberals who bemoan discrimination, intolerance, restraint of Constitutional freedoms, and promotion of hatred toward various abberant minorities, have absolutely no problem with discriminating against, being intolerant of, restricting Constitutional freedoms of, and directing hate-filled scapegoat rhetoric against conservatives.

EXACTLY what they accuse Republicans/conservatives of doing, is EXACTLY what liberals/Democrats do themselves, to those who oppose their beliefs.
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
OP Offline
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
I would hope Trump releases Ivana from the gag order he has on her before he attacks Clinton for her husband's infidelity. Ivana would be Trump's first wife that claimed he raped her btw. He has an interesting history with some colorful friends. His rivals were to afraid to use it in fear of pissing off Trump supporters. That won't be a problem for the dems \:\)

Fair play!
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Matter-eater Man
I would hope Trump releases Ivana from the gag order he has on her before he attacks Clinton for her husband's infidelity. Ivana would be Trump's first wife that claimed he raped her btw. He has an interesting history with some colorful friends. His rivals were to afraid to use it in fear of pissing off Trump supporters. That won't be a problem for the dems \:\)

I love how you attack Trump for alleged rape, while simultaneously ignoring that Bill Clinton has raped women.

As you also simultaneously ignore that Hillary Clinton led the attacks to slander the women who were husband Bill's victims, women Hillary Clinton KNEW to be telling the truth. That adds incredible irony to Hillary Clinton's bemoaning a "war on women". A war that Hillary herself has led!

THAT should make for some great commercials over the coming months.

Liberals who bemoan discrimination, intolerance, restraint of Constitutional freedoms, and promotion of hatred toward various abberant minorities, have absolutely no problem with discriminating against, being intolerant of, restricting Constitutional freedoms of, and directing hate-filled scapegoat rhetoric against conservatives.

EXACTLY what they accuse Republicans/conservatives of doing, is EXACTLY what liberals/Democrats do themselves, to those who oppose their beliefs.
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Wonder Boy

I love how you attack Trump for alleged rape, while simultaneously ignoring that Bill Clinton has raped women.

To be fair, the rape claims against Bill Clinton are "alleged" as well. But, otherwise, you bring up a good point. Trump is inclined to hit Bill/Hillary every bit as hard as they hit him.

the G-man #1220468 2016-05-04 10:37 PM
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
OP Offline
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
It would be a good point except WB and others have been hitting the Clintons right along on that front. With Trump as the probable GOP nominee I question how effective it is to hold Hillary more accountable for her husband's infidelity than Trump for his very own though. It doesn't surprise me that WB will try to do it, lol.

Fair play!
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
It would be a good point except WB and others have been hitting the Clintons right along on that front. With Trump as the probable GOP nominee I question how effective it is to hold Hillary more accountable for her husband's infidelity than Trump for his very own though. It doesn't surprise me that WB will try to do it, lol.

I suspect that, when her opponent in a national campaign hits her with that sort of stuff it will have a bit more impact than when a guy who calls himself "Wonder Boy" does so on a sparsely read message board.

the G-man #1220471 2016-05-05 12:27 AM
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
The RKMBs is gotta hit it big soon. Just you wait!

Pariah #1220472 2016-05-05 10:51 AM
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Pariah
The RKMBs is gotta hit it big soon. Just you wait!

I'm starting to wonder if MEM doesn't actually think his posts here are somehow influencing the world.

the G-man #1220473 2016-05-05 11:12 AM
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
OP Offline
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Lol, I always thought that about you. You tend to be in constant campaign mode for the GOP and when you say "for the record" it's like who is the record for? A couple of conservatives and me?

Fair play!
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Gob is watching too...

...oh wait. He abandoned us.

Pariah #1220475 2016-05-05 1:40 PM
Son of Anarchist
15000+ posts
Son of Anarchist
15000+ posts
I'm still here watching over everyone.

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
when you say "for the record" it's like who is the record for? A couple of conservatives and me?

For the record, that's a habit I picked up in traffic court.

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Son of Mxy
I'm still here watching over everyone.

Oh, well that's even better!

Fair Play!
15000+ posts
OP Offline
Fair Play!
15000+ posts

Quote:
Trump posted the picture to Twitter and Facebook with the caption, "Happy Cinco de Mayo! The best taco bowls are made in Trump Tower Grill. I love Hispanics!"

An online menu for Trump Tower Grill doesn't list a taco bowl, but an entree listed on the menu for Trump Tower Cafe includes a "Taco fiesta!" which matches the description of Trump's taco bowl.

As for whether they're the "best," a review of the beef tacos in New York Eater by Robert Sietsema in January called Trump's food "bland."

"On the same pass I also ordered 'beef tacos' ($13.50) which turned out to be a fried tortilla bowl heaped with romaine lettuce, grated yellow cheese, and plain ground beef that was so devoid of flavor, it rendered an insult to Mexicans every bit as profound as Trump's previous pronouncements," Sietsema wrote.

Trump, who has vowed to deport all of the estimated 12 million undocumented immigrants in the U.S. and build a wall along the U.S.-Mexican border, begins his general election fight with rock-bottom approval ratings among Hispanics.

Trump's post quickly stirred responses on Twitter, including one from Brian Phillips, a campaign official for Texas Sen. Ted Cruz's unsuccessful campaign.

"The only thing worse than #NewYorkValues is New York's Mexican food," Phillips tweeted.

And likely Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton joined in, tweeting a response that included a video highlighting his pledge to deport undocumented immigrants.

"'I love Hispanics!' —Trump, 52 minutes ago http://hrc.io/1XaTPHx 'They're gonna be deported,' —Trump, yesterday," the tweet said.

CNN

Fair play!
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts

As reported by DNCNN.

Ignoring the endless times many political candidates and others have worn Irish clothes and trite mannerisms for St Patricks Day, or similar clothing and surface cultural symbols for Oktoberfest, Chinese New Year, or Jewish holidays. Or Cinco de Mayo.

Only when Trump does the same, does it become racist and bigoted.

Trump should do a commercial with video clips of all the times Hillary Clinton said that southern states should preserve the heritage of the Confederate flag, or all the times she said marriage is only between a man and a woman, or when her husband said of Barack Obama the candidate in 2008 "a few years ago, he would have been bringing us coffee!"

brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
As with the "war on women", that has consistently been a one-sided (liberal) media witch-hunt on Trump, that doesn't investigate far worse and proveable transgressions by Bill and Hillary Clinton, Trump had a press conference today where he took on the media for its one-sided attacks on Trump's fundraiser for veterans (allegedly funds not actually raised, and/or not actually given to veterans), while that same media ignores the eye-popping corruption of the Clinton Foundation, Hillary's provable lies regarding the Benghazi attack, Hillary's e-mail server and FBI probes, on and on.

To one ABC reporter:
"Yeah, I've seen you before, you're a real beauty..."
\:lol\:

Not in this clip, a reporter asking Trump if this is how press conferences during his presidency will always be, Trump said: "YEAH!"
\:lol\:

The liberal media's nightmare: a president who calls their bullshit, and knows how to circumnavigate their bias, and get the American public (who already distrust the media) on his side.

Wonder Boy #1220620 2016-06-02 10:09 PM
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
OP Offline
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
It's a little sad that you attack the media for doing it's job. Trump lies every time he opens his mouth so it wasn't to surprising that he lied about his donations to the vets. The media scrutiny actually forced him to pay up, lol.

Fair play!
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts

Uh... Trump in that conference listed everyone who donated, and the amount from each.

You seem oblivious to how Hillary Clinton lies daily about her security-breaching private e-mail server, purchase of her and Bill Clinton's influence through massive donations to the Clinton Foundation, her ongoing lies about her negligence in the 2012 Benghazi attack, on and on.

The media are clearly an unofficial wing of the "Hillary 2016" campaign, running one-sided hit pieces on Trump, while selectively ignoring, or at best minimally reporting, the blatant corruption surrounding Hillary Clinton and her inner circle. Just ask the army of FBI agents investigating the above listed scandals.

Wonder Boy #1220625 2016-06-03 10:25 AM
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
OP Offline
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Don't bother WB, Trump was caught in his lies. Because the media actually held him accountable he ended up frantically donating money that he had claimed that he had donated months ago. It's great to see that he actually had to ante up, lol.

Fair play!
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts

I don't see that there's a case for that, M E M.

That's just the best face-saving spin you can come up with.

FACT: The Washington post has 20 reporters investigating Trump's background, desperately looking for any half-baked allegation to destroy his candidacy.
Number of reporters they have investigating Hillary, despite the incredible stack of FBI-investigated scandals ready to break: Zero.

FACT: The New York Times released an embarrassingly partisan expose of women alleged to have been treated in a demeaning way, some decades ago, by Trump. But multiple women "quoted" in the article have come forward and said the N Y Times completely misrepresented them, and they never felt offended or demeaned by Trump.
Similar stories by the N Y Times about the blatant sexual misconduct and rapes by Bill Clinton, and Hillary Clinton's war on women to discredit and destroy the women accusing Bill Clinton: Zero.

Wonder Boy #1220634 2016-06-04 12:47 PM
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
OP Offline
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
The fact is you are ignoring that Trump as usual lied when he said he donated the money and the press busted him on it. All your showing is your willingness to attack the press for doing what it's supposed to do.

Fair play!
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
No.

Do you really think Trump wouldn't pay his promised donation?
The (liberal) media pounced on Trump for the speed with which he made his donation, not because he didn't promise a donation, and not because he didn't follow through on the promise to do so. It's just another (liberal) media attempt to discredit Trump by any desperate means, while simultaneously ignoring the FAR greater and more proveable scandals surrounding Hillary Clinton. For which they have minimal, if any, interest.

The same news media that STILL has never covered Barack Obama's lifelong radical Cultural Marxist ties, starting with his mother Stanley Ann Dunham (a secular humanist, and rabidly anti-American), his far left grandparents (who introduced him to Frank Marshall Davis), anti-Colonialism/Anti-American and pro-terrorist professors Rashid Kalidi and Edward Said, Weather Underground leader William Ayers (who sponsored Obama's first political fundraiser in Ayers' own home), Valerie Jarrett (ALSO tied to Frank Marshall Davis), Mark Lloyd, Ron Bloom, Cass Sunstein, Anita Dunn, Van Jones, Jeff Jones(another Weather Underground member, who also wrote the Stimulus bill and Obamacare legislation), on and on!

Stuff that is right there in video and written statements, and proveable from the mouths of radical Marxist conspirators themselves, including Barack Obama, and definitely not dismissable as a tin-foil hat conspiracy theory.
But for partisan reasons, they simply won't, for 8 years and counting now.
MEDIA: "Yay, Obama!!" "Hillary 2016!!"

brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts

Closer to M E M'S POV than my own, but essentially correct on the tactics of Trump as a candidate:

Everything Trump has done during the campaign is designed to dupe the media into funding his marketing strategy

Quote:

by Sean Illing

Donald Trump’s presidential campaign feels whimsical, like a practical joke or publicity tour gone awry. But it turns out the Donald is running a long con. A new report in Politico suggests Trump has been plotting this stunt for years, and he knew exactly what he had to do to succeed.

According to the report, Trump was approached two years ago by GOP operatives who wanted him to run for governor of New York. To their surprise, he declined but added that they would be useful when he ran for president. “I’m going to walk away with it and win outright,” Trump told the group, “I’m going to get in and all the polls are going to go crazy. I’m going to suck all the oxygen out of the room. I know how to work the media in a way that that they will never take the lights off of me.”

Trump knew all along that his celebrity and media savvy were sufficient to support his campaign. Although they didn’t believe him, Trump told the Republicans in that room in 2013 that he would dominate the race without spending much on paid advertising. From the report:

“’You can’t run for president on earned media,’ one attendee recalled telling Trump. The billionaire looked up, and paused for a long moment. ‘I think you’re wrong,’ Trump said. ‘Are you going to do all those little events at the Pizza Ranches?” another person asked, referring to the Iowa fast food franchises that are a staple of presidential campaign stops. ‘Maybe a little,’ Trump replied. ‘But it’s really about the power of the mass audience.’”

Trump was right. The ability to control the narrative, to dominate the coverage, is all it takes. Trump’s amorality coupled with his gift for self-promotion has turned the Republican presidential race on its head. He’s made the race about him, and anytime he isn’t the main story, he lurches back into the headlines with an outrageous comment about women or Muslims or Mexicans or disabled people – anything to win the news cycle.

The biggest takeaway from the report is that Trump is indeed a professional huckster. And whatever else he is, he’s not stupid. He doesn’t believe half the absurdities he utters on the campaign trail either. As the report makes clear, everything he’s done and said was designed to dupe the media into funding his marketing strategy.

Trump’s a TV man; he understands the landscape. He knows interesting is preferable to informed or reasonable or lucid. Which is why he eschews talking points or scripts and instead riffs on stage like a stand-up. Trump’s free-wheeling approach means he could say literally anything at any moment, and that’s the kind of thing people want to watch. The bit about Mexicans being criminals and rapists, for example, was entirely improvised during Trump’s announcement speech, and while it was an egregious thing to say, the sheer craziness of the remarks won him a week’s worth of headlines and catapulted his campaign.

“Trump didn’t foresee the furor his Mexico comments would generate; it was a reaction that built slowly and broke into a fever pitch,” Eli Stokols and Ben Schreckinger write. “But even if he didn’t predict what exactly would kick off the media frenzy, he had planned all along to offer the media a candidacy it couldn’t resist covering.” This is what Trump has done from the beginning: say something offensive, watch the media pounce, and allow the saturated coverage to fuel his insurgent campaign.

Trump’s strategy is nearly perfect. On the one hand, he’s tapped into a vein of resentment in the country, and in a way no serious politician could. And on the other hand, he’s free to say whatever he wants, no matter how controversial, because doing so breathes more oxygen into his campaign. Even more advantageous, he’s entered the race at an ideal time. The public — for good reasons — no longer trusts Washington. Trump is a hack who can’t fix anything, but people make bad decisions when they’re anxious or angry, and Trump is offering them an alternative to the status quo. This is what demagogues do, and it usually works.

As a candidate, Trump appears uncontainable. His risk tolerance is unmatched, and that gives him a freedom no other candidate enjoys. He can offend anyone, promise anything, and circumnavigate the entire process without ever having to apologize. Not apologizing, as the Politico writers note, only bolsters “a candidate who appeals to voters fed up with political correctness and establishment niceties.” It also forces the other candidates to play his game, to react to the tone he sets and the issues he raises.

Everything Trump does has to be seen in the broader context of his media-centric strategy. No one should ask if Trump believes what he says; it’s impossible to know. If he does believe something he says, it’s a happy coincidence, because his campaign is an experiment in modern marketing, not an expression of his political worldview.

Sean Illing is a USAF veteran who previously taught philosophy and politics at Loyola and LSU. He is currently a staff writer for Salon. Follow him on Facebook and Twitter. Read his blog here. Email at silling@salon.com.

But it does deliberately portray Trump in the most negative light possible, and ignore that virtually any politician drives their campaign by tapping into popular issues with voters, some of which they may not agree with, but they still advocate to secure the election.
(EXAMPLES:
Bill and Hillary Clinton campaigning on preserving the heritage of the Confederate flag.
Bill and Hillary Clinton defending tradional marriage, and saying marriage is only defined as between a man and a woman.
Hillary Clinton voting for the Iraq war, to look tough on defense, and render herself viable as a Senator, and to build credibility on the issue to eventually run for President.)

Wonder Boy #1220644 2016-06-05 11:41 AM
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
OP Offline
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
No.

Do you really think Trump wouldn't pay his promised donation?

Yes I think it was fairly evident that he said he made the donation when in fact he did not. That in the real world is a lie. And not at all surprising from Trump because he lies about everything. You might be fine with that but it's the media job to vet him and all his lies.

Fair play!
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts

AGAIN: The pro-Hillary partisan media obsesses endlessly over what Trump might have done, while simultaneously ignoring the far worse proveable Clinton scandals in the same vein, that are RIGHT THERE in front of them, if they would only report them!

Hillary University: Bill Clinton Bagged $16.46 Million from For-Profit College as State Dept. Funneled $55 Million Back

Wonder Boy #1221424 2016-08-07 12:00 AM
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts

Actually, I see Trump as having the momentum, and Hillary on a downward slide. Presidential elections tend to ultimately go to whoever the new candidate is, who offers a real change. In this case, Hillary is the status quo, who basically offers a 3rd term of Obama policy. Whereas Trump offers a real alternative to both parties, vowing to bring common-sense policy to secure our borders, to protect the U.S. from Islamic terrorism, to reign in the national debt, to rebuild our military, and grow our economy and jobs.

Hillary offers to not even label ISIS and Al Qaida as "Islamic terrorism", let alone fight it, Hillary campaigns to continue an anti-jobs policy that has brought less than 3% growth every year of Obama's presidency. Hillary campaigns to shit on U.S. citizens while favoring illegal immigrants (i.e., undocumented Democrats), campaigns to further slash and weaken our military, campaigns to not enforce our borders against illegals and call anyone who disagrees a xenophobe and racist, and campaigns to further demagogue "the rich" who create jobs in this country, even as she reaps huge campaign and Clinton Foundation contributions for selling out to them.

Voters are terrified of what's been happening for the last 7 years, they ultimately will reject 8 more years of it.

Link Copied to Clipboard