Next Thread
Print Thread
Officially "too old for this shit"
15000+ posts
OP Offline
Officially "too old for this shit"
15000+ posts
Of Course Donald Trump Supports Same-Sex Marriage
  • Some conservatives seem to be dismayed at Donald Trump’s comments on 60 Minutes that he is “fine” with same-sex marriage.

Said Trump: “It’s done. . . . These cases have gone to the Supreme Court. They’ve been settled, and I’m fine with that.” To which the only response is: Well, duh.

Contrary to liberals’ fever dreams, Donald Trump is the most socially progressive candidate the Republican party has ever put forward. He’s pro-life because it’s a requirement in Republican politics, and because one time two friends of his were going to abort their child but didn’t...

Likewise, while Trump has been pretty quiet about same-sex marriage, it’s always stood to reason that he’s not Jerry Falwell. After all, he’s spent his entire life seeking approval among the loftiest altitudes of Manhattan high society. The only reason Trump seems socially conservative to uninformed political observers is because he talks tough. But the rhetoric doesn’t reflect any substantive beliefs.

the image of LGBT activists in the streets is, in fact, a touch ironic: Barack Obama’s support for same-sex marriage “evolved” over the course of his first term in the White House, and Hillary Clinton’s change of position was conveniently timed for her (second) run.

Donald Trump is the only president to-date to support same-sex marriage at the time of his election.

brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts

I thought Trump's comfort with gay issues was pretty clear at the Republican convention, where he gave reference to the recent shooting in an Orlando gay night club. That was followed by enthusiastic applause by those present.
After which Trump responded that he was "so glad" to hear Republicans applauding solidarity with his support of those attacked at the club in Orlando, and of the broader Republican increasing acceptance of gays visible in their applause.

And really, I see Trump as a guy who was born and raised in the liberal hub of New York city, so I always thought Trump on this and other social issues was center-left, as the rest of New Yorkers are. As far as I know, he was always pro-abortion, and I think it was only to pass the well-known Republican litmus test on that issue that Trump recently took a more conservative stance and openly said he opposes abortion now. But I don't see that as an issue Trump will fight for as a priority while president, and that he will focus on more vital issues, clearly laid out in his campaign.

brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts

Love your new user-icon, by the way.
I had to search for a larger image so I could fully read it, though.

There are certainly sweet salty liberal tears to savor over the last week or so. And it looks like the butthurt will go on for some time.

希望の戦士
2000+ posts
希望の戦士
2000+ posts
I'm sure this successful and independent individual is only supporting same sex marriages because he's been having I win again broken nightmares about message board 'gods among insects' trolling him to a desert island. Eat your heart out, skankhunt42.

There is no version of this where you come out on top. Maybe your army comes, and maybe it’s too much for us, but it’s all on you. Because if we can’t protect the Earth, you can be damn well sure we’ll avenge it.

Hello?
Put Natasha on the phone.
Who is this?
This is her fucking son's father. Who is this?
This is her fucking son.
..........oh.......
Call back in 20 minutes. *click*

Boy, you could get lost in a sky like that. I wish I had those balloons again.

Link Copied to Clipboard