https://www.yahoo.com/news/hugh-jackman-stay-wolverine-x-185244337.html

Quote:

Following the release of the upcoming film “Logan,” Hugh Jackman will be hanging up his claws and retiring from his role as Wolverine. The actor recently revealed there was one thing that could have kept playing the role longer.

During the New York press junket for the the upcoming film, Screen Rant asked Jackman if 20th Century Fox and Marvel Studios could collaborate, would he have stayed on for it? “If that was on the table when I made my decision, it certainly would have made me pause,” Jackman said.

According to the actor, he would have loved to see Wolverine alongside other Avengers members. “Because I always love the idea of him within that dynamic, with the Hulk obviously, with Iron Man but there’s a lot of smarter people with MBAs who can’t figure that out. You never know,” he added.

Hugh Jackman
More
Hugh Jackman would consider staying on as Wolverine if the X-Men were a part of the Marvel Cinematic Universe. Pictured: Hugh Jackman on Feb. 17, 2017 in Berlin, Germany. Photo: Getty Images

While Jackman may have reconsider his decision to no longer play Wolverine if the character could appear with the Avengers, that may never happen. Aside from the Avengers characters being owned by Marvel Studios and the X-Men characters being owned by Fox, Marvel Studios head Kevin Feige called it an “impossibility.”

Speaking with Variety in November 2016, Feige was asked about the X-Men joining the Marvel Cinematic Universe. “It’s an impossibility at this juncture. We certainly have enough films to keep us busy for a number of lifetimes,” he said.

The rift between the two studios doesn’t only affect films. According to legendary X-Men writer Chris Claremont, the comic books take a hit as well. The writer claims Fox has no interest in promoting X-Men comics because the profits will go to Marvel, and Marvel allegedly has no interest in X-Men comics because they can’t make films out of them.

But not all hope is lost for a Fox-Marvel Studios team up. In 2015, Sony, which owns the rights to Spider-Man, agreed to a deal with Marvel Studios that would allow Marvel to produce a new Spider-Man film. The character first appeared in the Marvel film “Captain America: Civil War” and will star in his own film, “Spider-Man: Homecoming,” this summer.

I would love to see Wolverine and Hulk on the big screen together!

"My friends have always been the best of me." -Doctor Who

"Well,whenever I'm confused,I just check my underwear. It holds most answers to life's questions." Abe Simpson

I can tell by the position of the sun in the sky, that is time for us to go. Until next time, I am Lothar of the Hill People!