Next Thread
Print Thread
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
OP Offline
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts

http://www.pbs.org/newshour/bb/bill-oreillys-exit-means-future-fox-news/

I was stunned when I came home last night and saw this.

The guy who's had the most popular show on cable, news or otherwise, consistently, for 20 years.

The guy who's been arguably the most influential conservative news commentator for 20 years. I saw on CNN that that they were crediting (or blaming) O'Reilly for "creating Trump" and paving the way for a populist candidate who scorns the political elites, and who vocally distrusts the mainstream media. I would argue that the bad behavior of the liberal media and political elites has created that mistrust, not O'Reilly who merely reported it!
EXAMPLES: Dan Rather, Martin Bashir, Bryan Williams, Christine Romans. Their blatant partisanship and bias, not FOX or O'Reilly spawned widespread distrust of the media.
Leaders like John Boehner and Paul Ryan and other Republican leaders, who campaign on one thing and do the opposite once they win. Likewise Obama and the Democrats, who promised to focus like a laser on the economy and jobs in 2008, then shot their political capital on Obamacare that 53% of the nation in poll after poll said they didn't want.

But here I am expecting fair and honest coverage from CNN. They were salivating and giddy at the opportunity to rail on O'Reilly and FOX. And somehow tie it in with a negative connotation about Trump.

I was watching Alisyn Camerota with Chris Cuomo, with guest Margaret Hoover (Herbert Hoover's great granddaughter), both women of whom were former FOX regulars, who railed on O'Reilly. Hoover said it was demeaning to be on FOX and O'Reilly's show in particular, he'd always make comments about her eyelashes being too long or too short, or that she was the obligatory blonde on the show. None of which I consider too bad for a guy of O'Reilly's generation. It's television news, so male or female, appearance is part of their ratings consideration. People like Tucker Carleson, Sean Hannity, Brit Hume, Brett Baier and even Bill O'Reilly have read viewer e-mail on the air about their appearance, some of it vicious. I'm not persuaded by these examples.

But a separate law firm investigation of O'Reilly apparently found far more incriminating accusations from a number of women. I'd love to hear them, specific anecdotes and examples, rather than the blind accusation without details of behavior that was "inappropriate" or "sexual harassment".
For FOX to drop their number one star, it must have been quite incriminating.

Officially "too old for this shit"
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Meh. I can't get to broken up over a guy who seems to have committed at least some of the acts of which he is accused.

Yes. There is a double standard. And yes Murdoch's sons would love to destroy FOXNews and turn it into CNN.

But knowing that to be the case people like O'Reilly need to be doubly careful and not do things that will subject them to that double standard.

In this case maybe it isn't fair but O'Reilly handed these people the gun that they used to take him out.

Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
lol

Fair play!
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Speaking of laughter I find it quite funny that O'Reilly is being replaced by the even more conservative Tucker Carlson and liberals somehow think they won a victory in all this.

Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
I don't think it's a win type of thing but a case of somebody getting what they deserve.

Fair play!
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
OP Offline
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts

Like Bill Clinton?
Like Anthony Weiner?
JFK?
LBJ?
Ted Kennedy?

Sexually inappropriate behavior isn't limited to one political party. Democrats only seem to notice, and gloat about it, when it happens to a Republican. Likewise, the liberal media seems far more eager to report it when it's a Republican.

Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Note exactly who is talking "party" and who isn't WB. You do it every time btw

Fair play!
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
OP Offline
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts

Without mentioning party, it's interesting how every time it's a Republican you think they "deserve it", and every time it's a Democrat you can't bring yourself to acknowledge that they even did anything wrong.

EXAMPLE: Trump is a "lying piece of shit" (in about 500 of your posts), and Bill Clinton is just a victim of partisan accusations.

Well, Trump didn't rape anyone, and Bill Clinton did. Bill Clinton was so innocent, he was charged a $90,000 fine, the American Bar association took away his license to practice law, and he was forced to pay Paula Jones a settlement of $850,000. Among many other sexually harassed subordinate employees, who either couldn't make a case, or were intimidated and afraid to.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troopergate_(Bill_Clinton)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_Clinton_sexual_misconduct_allegations

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Impeachment_of_Bill_Clinton

Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Trump's first wife after he pulled out her hair and forced himself on her said he raped her. You voted for that piece of shit so don't bother trying to use a double standard on me.

Fair play!
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
OP Offline
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Matter-eater Man
Trump's first wife after he pulled out her hair and forced himself on her said he raped her. You voted for that piece of shit so don't bother trying to use a double standard on me.

That's horseshit and you know it. They reconciled and are friends. She no longer alleges that, and admitted that she alleged it for vindictive reasons, when Donald Trump filed to divorce her, to marry Marla Maples.

Even assuming Inanna Trump's allegation was true, does that somehow negate Bill Clinton's forcing himself on multiple women? As I said above, that's well documented, and several legal actions against Clinton attest to his sexual assaults, his perjury, and his obstruction of justice (see links above, FOR OPENERS).
Somehow men are incapable of rape in your eyes when they have a (D) next to their name. Would that you could hold Democrats to the same standard.

• from Do Racists have lower IQ's...

Liberals who bemoan discrimination, intolerance, restraint of Constitutional freedoms, and promotion of hatred toward various abberant minorities, have absolutely no problem with discriminating against, being intolerant of, restricting Constitutional freedoms of, and directing hate-filled scapegoat rhetoric against conservatives.

EXACTLY what they accuse Republicans/conservatives of doing, is EXACTLY what liberals/Democrats do themselves, to those who oppose their beliefs.
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
 Quote:
Like Anthony Weiner?

I think Weiner is getting what he deserved. He lost his congressional seat, he lost the mayoral race, he may end up prosecuted and, worst of all, he's married to a closeted lesbian who licks Hillary's herpes-ridden geriatic snatch on command.

brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
OP Offline
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
One example of media bias on the Donald Trump/Ivanna Trump divorce, and her brief period alleging rape, that she amended to saying she FELT raped, EMOTIONALLY. But the media spun it in recent months in a way that was clearly a PR wing of the Hillary Clinton campaign:

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/20...during-sex.html

First off, all the sources I saw reporting it were far-left media (Daily Beast, , New Yorker, Rolling Stone, New York Daily News... ) VERY pro-Hillary and very invested in partisanly tearing down Trump for their bitch queen, in articles dated in the months directly before the election.

In a lurid account worthy of a Pat Booth trash novel:
 Quote:
Ivana Trump’s assertion of “rape” came in a deposition—part of the early ’90s divorce case between the Trumps, and revealed in the 1993 book Lost Tycoon: The Many Lives of Donald J. Trump.

The book, by former Texas Monthly and Newsweek reporter Harry Hurt III, described a harrowing scene. After a painful scalp reduction surgery to remove a bald spot, Donald Trump confronted his then-wife, who had previously used the same plastic surgeon.

“Your fucking doctor has ruined me!” Trump cried.

What followed was a “violent assault,” according to Lost Tycoon. Donald held back Ivana’s arms and began to pull out fistfuls of hair from her scalp, as if to mirror the pain he felt from his own operation. He tore off her clothes and unzipped his pants.

“Then he jams his penis inside her for the first time in more than sixteen months. Ivana is terrified… It is a violent assault,” Hurt writes. “According to versions she repeats to some of her closest confidantes, ‘he raped me.’”

Following the incident, Ivana ran upstairs, hid behind a locked door, and remained there “crying for the rest of night.” When she returned to the master bedroom in the morning, he was there.

“As she looks in horror at the ripped-out hair scattered all over the bed, he glares at her and asks with menacing casualness: ‘Does it hurt?’” Hurt writes.

But you selectively omit this part:

Quote:

Donald Trump has previously denied the allegation. In the book, he denies having had the scalp reduction surgery.

“It’s obviously false,” Donald Trump said of the accusation in 1993, according to Newsday. “It’s incorrect and done by a guy without much talent… He is a guy that is an unattractive guy who is a vindictive and jealous person.”

and

Quote:

"It’s not the word that you’re trying to make it into,” [special counsel to the Trump Organization, Michael] Cohen told The Daily Beast, saying Ivana Trump was talking about how “she felt raped emotionally… She was not referring to it [as] a criminal matter, and not in its literal sense, though there’s many literal senses to the word.”

While Cohen was wrong about not even being able to legally allege someone raped their spouse, that could be because the law had only been changed in 1984, and prior to the time of Cohen's cited quote (somewhere between 1990 and 1993) he would have been correct. Although I would expect an attorney, particularly Trump's attorney answering questions on the subject, to be aware of that. (Personally, I think that sounds like a marital clause out of Sharia law, and a man should not be able to rape his wife legally in a western nation, she should always have the right to consent or not, but that is how laws were written in the past.)

Regardless (as you selectively omit) Ivana possibly made the accusation in anger, and no longer alleges this:

Quote:

When Lost Tycoon was about to be printed, Donald Trump and his lawyers provided a statement from Ivana, which was posted on the first page of the book. In it, Ivana confirms that she had “felt violated” and that she had stated that her husband had raped her during a divorce deposition. But Ivana sought to soften her earlier statement.

“During a deposition given by me in connection with my matrimonial case, I stated that my husband had raped me,” the Ivana Trump statement said. “[O]n one occasion during 1989, Mr. Trump and I had marital relations in which he behaved very differently toward me than he had during our marriage. As a woman, I felt violated, as the love and tenderness, which he normally exhibited towards me, was absent. I referred to this as a ‘rape,’ but I do not want my words to be interpreted in a literal or criminal sense.”

The statement, according to a “Notice to the Reader” in the book, “does not contradict or invalidate any information contained in this book.”

Nevertheless, Cohen, Trump’s attorney, said that “there is nothing reasonable about you wanting to write a story about somebody’s usage of the word ‘rape,’ when she’s talking [about how] she didn’t feel emotionally satisfied.”

But then... why would I expect you to have any interest in context, as you try to portray Trump in the worst light, as you laughably try to defend the behavior of your corrupt-to-the-core DNC party of Bill and Hillary Clinton, of the Obamas who criminally abused surveillance to monitor the Trump campaign AND Trump administration, Obama who weaponized the IRS against the Tea Party, against religious conservatives, and against Republican party leaders and large donors. As you endorse Democrats like DNC chairs Debbie Wasserman Schultz and Donna Brazile, who likewise demonstrated corruption that just looking up their names would make clear, both forced to resign, in Wasserman-Schuz's case to immediately after be appointed head of the Hillary Clinton campaign!
Your endorsing Democrats like Harry Reid, who has manipulated legislation to enrich his own assets and property.
Nancy Pelosi, same thing.
On and on! The entire corrupt DNC leadership.

These you give a free pass to, while calling Donald Trump (our president, by the way) a "piece of shit" hundreds of times on the thinnest of fabricated evidence.

Liberals who bemoan discrimination, intolerance, restraint of Constitutional freedoms, and promotion of hatred toward various abberant minorities, have absolutely no problem with discriminating against, being intolerant of, restricting Constitutional freedoms of, and directing hate-filled scapegoat rhetoric against conservatives.

EXACTLY what they accuse Republicans/conservatives of doing, is EXACTLY what liberals/Democrats do themselves, to those who oppose their beliefs.
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
OP Offline
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: the G-man
 Quote:
Like Anthony Weiner?

I think Weiner is getting what he deserved. He lost his congressional seat, he lost the mayoral race, he may end up prosecuted and, worst of all, he's married to a closeted lesbian who licks Hillary's herpes-ridden geriatic snatch on command.

True.

But he still enjoys some level of celebrity, despite taking a huge fall. And Weiner may get off, using as leverage what he got from ex-wife Huma Abedin's computer, evidence that may push Hillary and her personal mafia to use their influence to keep Weiner out of jail. Have you noticed there's no coverage of Weiner's prosecution since that revelation?

Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Wonder Boy
 Originally Posted By: Matter-eater Man

That's horseshit and you know it. They reconciled and are friends. She no longer alleges that.

Actually a lot of money was exchanged and she also has her children to think of. She never actually rescinded those allegations btw. Trump is now trying to avoid court with another woman trying to argue his duties leave him to busy. Since Clinton had to I would expect he's not going to be able to get away with that. My guess is he'll be spending some money to settle.

Fair play!
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
 Quote:
And Weiner may get off

brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
OP Offline
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
I had a feeling that O'Reilly being leveraged out by MediaMatters targeting his advertisers was not the end of it. Now the second shoe is dropping:

Advertisers Begin to Pull Ads From Fox News' 'Hannity'
 Quote:

Paul Bond, The Hollywood Reporter

Sean Hannity has lost two advertisers - Cars.com and Peloton - presumably over his coverage of Seth Rich, a Democratic National Committee staffer who was murdered a year ago.

Cars.com did not respond to a request for comment, though it issued a statement to BuzzFeed saying that after "watching closely" it has decided it will no longer advertise on Hannity, the conservative host's show on the Fox News Channel.

Peloton, a purveyor of exercise bikes, tweeted its decision directly to Hannity, Fox News and others: "We directed our media agency to stop advertising on Sean Hannity's show. This will take a few days to take effect."

The two advertisers made their decision one day after Media Matters for America published an article calling Hannity "a bigot, a sexist, and a conspiracy theorist." The article didn't explicitly call for a boycott, though it listed more 100 companies that advertise on Hannity.

Critics say Hannity's coverage of Rich has been conspiratorial, given that authorities have called his death the result of a robbery gone wrong while Hannity has suggested he was killed because he may have leaked DNC emails to WikiLeaks.

Hannity said during his show Tuesday night that, out of respect to the Rich family, he would stop discussing the kiling on his show, though he emphasized he would not stop investigating the murder.

He followed his show with a series of tweets on the subject, including: "Ok TO BE CLEAR, I am closer to the TRUTH than ever. Not only am I not stopping, I am working harder. Updates when available. Stay tuned!"

Another tweet referenced conservative hosts from the past who have dealt with boycotts orchestrated by Media Matters. "Liberal fascism. Mmfa is targeting my advertisers to silence my voice. They hope to get me fired. Rush, O'Reilly, Beck, Imus, & now me."

In his reporting, Hannity has cited WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange and notorious computer hacker Kim Dotcom, both of whom have insinuated that Rich may have been murdered for being a "whistleblower," as Assange put it, though neither of those sources have offered specifics or proof.

Fox News has also taken the unusual step of retracting a story that appeared at Foxnews.com May 16 that reported things very similar to what Hannity had been reporting on air, at least until Tuesday night's announcement that he would temporarily avoid the topic.

BuzzFeed said it has so far called 50 of Hannity's advertisers to ask them if they'll continue buy ads on the show.

According to BuzzFeed, the statement from Cars.com reads: "Car.com's media buy strategies are designed to reach as many consumers as possible across a wide spectrum of media channels. The fact that we advertise on a particular program doesn't mean that we agree or disagree, or support or oppose, the content. We don't have the ability to influence content at the time we make our advertising purchase. In this case, we've been watching closely and have recently made the decision to pull our advertising from Hannity."

Once the tactic of silencing conservative voices has borne fruit and worked on O'Reilly, now the formula is being repeated on Hannity.

God forbid liberals should face conservatives in an open dialogue. Liberals work best in the shadows, trying to shut down dissenting thought by deceitful means, harassing advertisers into not supporting conservative programs. Irony, that a source as loathesome as MediaMatters can slime and damage news outlets far more reputable and respectful of journalistic ethics such as O'Reilly, Hannity and Fox News.

brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
OP Offline
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts

The assault on Hannity continues...

Fox News Says Sean Hannity Will Return to Show

Quote:

Brian Steinberg, Variety

Fox News Channel lent support to its best-known anchor Sean Hannity, saying Friday that the popular host would return to its air next week following a Memorial Day holiday vacation – an effort to tamp down speculation that a controversy currently enveloping Hannity could escalate further.

“Like the rest of the country, Sean Hannity is taking a vacation for Memorial Day weekend and will be back on Tuesday,” the 21st Century Fox-owned network said in a statement. “Those who suggest otherwise are going to look foolish.”

Hannity has become embroiled in a furor over his recent promotion of a widely discredited story about the death last summer of Seth Rich, a DNC staffer who was murdered in Washington, D.C. last July in what local police have stated they believe is a botched robbery. Hannity has in recent days promoted an unproven theory that Rich was killed in exchange for providing internal documents to Wikileaks, prompting statements of outrage from the Rich family.

On Tuesday, Fox News said it had retracted a story, published on FoxNews.com, about Rich’s murder – believed to be one of the first times the news outlet has withdrawn an article over its more than 20-year history. The killing remains unsolved and right-leaning press outlets such as Breitbart and The Drudge Report have in posts and links bolstered the wild conspiracy. Hannity continued to promote the theory about Rich on his Tuesday radio show, noting that “this issue is so big now that the entire Russia collusion narrative is hanging by a thread.”

But on his Fox News broadcast Tuesday night, Hannity appeared to back away from the contretemps. “Out of respect for the family’s wishes, for now, I am not discussing the matter at this time,” Hannity said.

A handful of small advertisers, including Cars.com, have indicated they were moving their commercials out of Hannity’s program in the aftermath – prompting comparisons to the recent exit of Bill O’Reilly. O’Reilly was the linchpin of Fox News’ primetime lineup, and parted ways after sponsors defected from his “O’Reilly Factor” following revelations he had made approximately $13 million in settlements to women who had alleged he had sexually harassed them or subjected them to inappropriate behavior. O’Reilly and Fox News parted ways in April.

“Hannity” generates millions of dollars in ad revenue for Fox News Channel. In 2016, the show brought in approximately $65.7 million, according to Kantar Media, a tracker of ad spending. That represented a 17% jump from the approximately $56.1 million the show captured from Madison Avenue in 2015.

In an interview with The Huffington Post on Wednesday, Hannity said the ad shifts represented efforts by progressives to silence him. “There’s nothing that I did, nothing that I said, except they don’t like my position politically,” he said. “They’ll try to ratchet up the intensity of their rationale. It does not justify an attempt to get me fired. And that’s what this is. This is an attempt to take me out. This is a kill shot.”

This is the same kind of "fake news" that is being unleashed on Trump.

There is nothing to indicate Hannity was suspended or reprimanded, just an INSINUATION that he was, because he took a few days off for Memorial Day, which he and most of the other show anchors do on every major holiday. This is a completely manufactured fake story with no facts.

But the repetition of similar stories creates the perception that Hannity did something wrong, and perhaps scares away advertisers and viewers.

Quote:
Members and front organizations must continually embarrass, discredit and degrade our critics. When obstructionists become too irritating, label them as fascist or Nazi or anti-Semitic. The association will, after enough repetition, become "fact" in the public mind.
--Moscow Central Committee, 1943

brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
OP Offline
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts

While not as widely visible nationwide as he was on Fox News, O'Reilly is still out there giving his political insights, for those who seek him out, and once you know where to find him, just as easy to find as on the O'Reilly Factor.

In addition to his own podcast, he appears weekly on Glenn Beck's show.

brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
OP Offline
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts

I just read this article about Fox News pundit Eric Bolling, whose 19-year-old son just died.

With his son, Eric Chase Bolling.

And apparently within the week prior, he was fired from Fox News for sexual harrassment allegations. Not really enough facts to evaluate if it's true or not, but geez, in a single year Roger Ailes, Bill O'Reilly, and now Bolling.

With his gorgeous wife, why would he be sending inappropriate nude pics to any other girl?

brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
OP Offline
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts

This looks like a re-write of the above article:

Quote:
Eric Chase Bolling’s untimely death came hours after the network announced the elder Bolling’s departure from “The Specialists.”

His ouster came after he was accused of sending unsolicited photos of his genitalia to three female colleagues.

The younger Bolling was an economics student at the University of Colorado Boulder. It’s unclear how he died.

He was Bolling’s only son with wife Adrienne.

Assuming the stated allegations are true, shades of Anthony Weiner!

What the heck is wrong with these guys? Like Weiner, Bolling is a highly visible public figure. Did he think no one would notice he was sending out nude photos himself?

brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
OP Offline
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts

ERIC BOLLING OUT AT FOX NEWS

Quote:
Fox News and Eric Bolling are parting ways, over a month after he was suspended for allegedly sending lewd messages to female employees. The network also announced that it will cancel The Specialists, a show Bolling started co-hosting after the shuffle Bill O’Reilly’s firing caused earlier this year.

“Fox News Channel is canceling The Specialists, and Eric Bolling and Fox have agreed to part ways amicably,” a Fox News spokesperson said in a statement to Heavy. “We thank Eric for his ten years of service to our loyal viewers and wish him the best of luck.”[/url]

Apparently this has been under investigation for a month or so.

brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
OP Offline
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
Man, yet another allegation...

Fox News Contributor [Scottie Hughes] Says Rape Allegation Blacklisted Her

Quote:
Fox News, which for more than a year has dealt with the fallout from an embarrassing sexual harassment scandal, was sued on Monday by the political commentator Scottie Nell Hughes, who claimed that she had been raped by the longtime anchor
Charles Payne and was then retaliated against by the network after she came forward with her allegation.

Mr. Payne, the host of “Making Money” on Fox Business, returned to the air earlier this month after the network suspended him in July pending an investigation into his conduct. Upon his return, the network said that it had completed the investigation, which came after Ms. Hughes brought her allegations to the network in late June.

Representatives for Mr. Payne could not immediately be reached for comment, but he has previously denied claims from Ms. Hughes. In a statement released on July 7, his lawyer, Jonathan N. Halpern, said: “Charles Payne vehemently denies the allegations. He will defend himself vigorously against these claims and will hold those responsible to account.”

In her lawsuit, Ms. Hughes said that Mr. Payne had “pressured” his way into her hotel room in July 2013 and coerced her to have sexual intercourse with him, even though she had refused his advances by telling him “no” and “stop.”

According to the suit, Ms. Hughes was “shocked and ashamed” and did not immediately report the incident. She said that over the next two years she was forced to engage in a sexual relationship with Mr. Payne. In exchange, she said, she received career opportunities, including increased appearances on Fox News and Fox Business and the promise that Mr. Payne would help her land a contributor contract, a job that can pay several hundred thousand dollars a year. Ms. Hughes never became a paid contributor at either channel.

Ms. Hughes, a regular guest on Fox News and Fox Business from 2013 through 2016, asserted that after she ended the relationship with Mr. Payne, the network blacklisted her, and that after she reported her allegations against him, the network leaked a story to the news media about a romantic affair between Ms. Hughes and Mr. Payne.

“In July of 2013, I was raped by Charles Payne,” Ms. Hughes said in an interview, referring to the allegations in her lawsuit. “In July of 2017, I was raped again by Fox News. Since then, I have been living an absolute hell.”

The lawsuit, alleging gender motivated violence, gender discrimination, retaliation and defamation, was filed on Monday in the United States District Court for the Southern District of New York. It named 21st Century Fox, Fox News and Mr. Payne.

The suit also names Dianne Brandi, the executive vice president of legal and business affairs at Fox News, and Irena Briganti, the network’s executive vice president of corporate communications. In the suit, Ms. Hughes says that Ms. Brandi and Ms. Briganti “knowingly and maliciously aided and abetted the unlawful employment practices, discrimination and retaliation” against her. The lawsuit claims that Ms. Brandi and Ms. Briganti “issued a false narrative to the National Enquirer that Ms. Hughes was a participant in an affair with Payne” and “revealed Ms. Hughes’s identity to the National Enquirer.”

Representatives for 21st Century Fox and Fox News could not immediately be reached for comment.

The charges in Ms. Hughes’s lawsuit echo accusations made by several other current and former Fox News employees after the sexual harassment scandal at the network burst into public view last year, exposing a culture where women said they had faced harassment and feared reporting inappropriate behavior. The initial scandal led to the resignation of the network’s chairman, Roger Ailes, and subsequent allegations prompted the network to force out its most popular figure, Bill O’Reilly, among other personalities. Fox News’s parent company, 21st Century Fox, has attempted to clean up its workplace and move past the crisis, yet new allegations and litigation have continued to roil the network in recent months.

Ms. Hughes is represented by Douglas H. Wigdor, a lawyer representing several current and former Fox News employees in harassment and discrimination cases against the network.

Ms. Hughes, 37, has been a familiar face on cable news in recent years. A vocal Trump supporter, she worked as a paid contributor at CNN during the 2016 presidential election. Her contract with CNN ended this past January.

According to the lawsuit, Ms. Hughes experienced a sudden decline in bookings across cable news networks in early 2017 and was told by a booking agent that Fox had blacklisted her because she “had an affair with someone at Fox.” As a result, Ms. Hughes said, she was taken out of consideration for positions in the Trump administration.

In June, Ms. Hughes instructed her manager to disclose the details of her allegations to Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison, the law firm investigating sexual harassment issues at Fox News.

Shortly after, the National Enquirer published an article in which Mr. Payne acknowledged and apologized for an extramarital “romantic affair.” While the National Enquirer article did not reveal Ms. Hughes’s identity, an article from HuffPost included her name and several other news outlets covered the story.

I'm no lawyer, but it seems to me she destroyed her own case when she consented to a sexual relationship with Payne in exchange for pundit work on Fox News.

brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
OP Offline
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts

Ex-Fox News contributor alleges anchor raped her in new lawsuit (as reported by The Hill)

Quote:
Political contributor Scottie Nell Hughes filed a lawsuit against Fox News on Monday accusing the network of retaliating against her after she claimed she was raped by Fox Business anchor Charles Payne.

The New York Times reports that in the lawsuit, Hughes said Payne coerced her to have sex with him even though she had repeatedly refused him by saying "no" and "stop."

Hughes alleges that she was forced to remain in a sexual relationship with Payne and received more appearances on Fox News and Fox Business during it. But Hughes said after she ended the relationship with Payne, she was blacklisted by the network.

"In July of 2013, I was raped by Charles Payne. In July of 2017, I was raped again by Fox News. Since then, I have been living an absolute hell," Hughes told The Times.

Payne returned to Fox News earlier this month after being suspended in July amid a sexual harassment investigation.

Hughes said her lawsuit "speaks for itself" in a statement on Monday.

"What is most important to me is that justice will prevent other women from going through the nightmare I'm now living," she said.

Hughes's suit comes at a time when Fox News is already under fire for what critics say is a top-down sexual harassment problem.

Earlier this month, the network announced that longtime host Eric Bolling would not be returning after being suspended over allegations that he sent lewd messages to female co-workers.

Bolling's exit came months after the shocking departure of prime-time star Bill O'Reilly, who left after The New York Times reported in April that he had paid $13 million to settle harassment claims from five women.

Former Fox News Chairman and CEO Roger Ailes was pushed out last summer after former host Gretchen Carlson accused the top exec of sexual harassment in a lawsuit. An investigation by an outside firm also revealed more claims by women who say they experienced inappropriate behavior from Ailes, including former prime-time anchor Megyn Kelly.

In a statement, Hughes's attorneys, Douglas H. Wigdor and Jeanne M. Christensen, say her suit represents "an action against Fox to hold it accountable for yet another case involving sexual harassment and retaliation inflicted by Fox executives in order to protect male, on-air talent."

"After Ms. Hughes confidentially reached out to Fox to disclose that she was sexually assaulted and raped by Fox anchor Charles Payne, Fox ruthlessly leaked her name to a reporter at the National Enquirer, along with a self-serving 'statement' by Payne apologizing for what he falsely described as an 'affair,' " Wigdor and Christensen said.

Fox News strongly denied the allegations in their own statement Monday evening.

"The latest publicity stunt of a lawsuit filed by Doug Wigdor has absolutely no merit and is downright shameful," a spokesperson for the network said. "We will vigorously defend this. It's worth noting that Doug is Ms. Hughes' third representative in the last six months to raise some variation of these claims which concern events from four years ago, since it apparently took some time to find someone willing to file this bogus case."

brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
OP Offline
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts

The woman in question, for those not familiar with her.

brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
OP Offline
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts

A photo of Scottie Nell Hughes, alongside a photo of her alleged rapist Charles Payne.

brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
OP Offline
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts

Fox News Fires John Huddy After Sister [Juliet Huddy] Speaks Out About Bill O’Reilly Sexual Harassment Claims

Quote:
Fox News Channel has announced that they have fired correspondent John Huddy. The news comes hours after his sister
Juliet Huddy made an appearance on Today to talk about her sexual harassment claims against former Fox News host
Bill O’Reilly.

A statement from Fox News reads: “Following a thorough investigation into a physical altercation earlier this month, Fox News made the decision to sever ties with Jerusalem-based correspondent John Huddy. The network’s investigation concluded last week, and due to observation of the Sabbath on Friday, terminated Huddy’s employment this morning.”

Huddy had been a foreign correspondent for Fox News since 2014. Juliet left the network in September and claims that O’Reilly tried to derail her career after she rebuffed his many sexual advances.

Their father John Huddy, Sr. was Fox News consultant and confidant to FNC co-founder Roger Ailes who resigned last July after a sexual harassment lawsuit filed by former anchor Gretchen Carlson. O’Reilly has also been under fire as of late as his former Fox News colleague Megan Kelly in regards to an email she sent last year to the co-presidents of Fox News complaining about O’Reilly’s behavior toward women.

brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
OP Offline
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts

Most of these are shown in the news as "sexual discrimination" by this person or that person, with no specific details.

But this report on how Rudi Bakhtiar left Fox News in 2006-2007 has a lot of specifics.

brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
OP Offline
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts

Wow, Tamara Holder too !

brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
OP Offline
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts

Wow again, I completely missed this settlement O'Reilly made with Lis Wiehl!

Quote:
BILL O'REILLY SETTLEMENT

The New York Times reported that Wiehl made sexual harassment allegations against Bill O'Reilly in early 2017 and received a $32 million settlement from him. Fox News was not a party to this settlement and regarded it as a personal issue between O'Reilly and Wiehl. They claim they were not informed of the amount of money involved. Wiehl signed an affidavit on January 17, 2017, stating that she and O'Reilly had settled their dispute. Her allegations and affidavit referred to repeated sexual harassment, a nonconsensual sexual relationship, and sexually explicit e-mails that O'Reilly had sent to her. O'Reilly claims that he forwarded these e-mails to Wiehl, who was working as his lawyer, as part of a process where he would forward any threatening e-mails he received to his lawyers.[9]

32 million dollars is no small settlement.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-...m=.d588cc4237db

I looked to see if the allegations were ever specified, but all any article says is Wiehl had a "non-consensual sexual relationship with O'Reilly". And that he sent her "gay porn" emails, but apparently for her legal advice on hateful or threatening emails sent to him.

God help me, I went to Media Matters to see what they had to say about Wiehl's allegations.
I figured that was the one source with no ethics or restraint in what they would say about O'Reilly, and there I would see the very worst allegations. What they allege really isn't that bad, and they had to go back a lot of years to dig up "incidents" of "on-air-abuse" they could allege against O'Reilly. The taunts are typical of what he unleashes on any of his guests, male or female. The humorous context is, of course, made out to sound more abusive than it was intended.

brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
OP Offline
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts

Another one, Diane Falzone:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diana_Falzone

Quote:
In January 2017, Falzone wrote an article published on the Fox News website revealing that she suffered from endometriosis, a condition that rendered her infertile: "It was just days after my 33rd birthday when my doctor delivered the worst news of my life: I will likely never have a child and fulfill my greatest wish of being a mother.... When hit with the news that I am infertile, I could not stop crying. And not only was it very unlikely I’d ever conceive, my health was in jeopardy."[4] Falzone alleges that she sought Fox News' approval to publish an article before publication.[4]

In May 2017, Falzone filed a lawsuit against Fox News in New York State Supreme Court alleging gender and disability discrimination, and alleging that she had been banned from taking part in on-air activities at Fox News three days after the article was published.[5] Falzone further alleged that after the article ran, a supervisor informed her that senior network executives Bill Shine and Jack Abernethy had banned her from ever appearing on FoxNews.com, and that she was not permitted to host her own shows, conduct her own interviews, appear on Fox TV, or do voiceovers, and that she should look for another job.[5][4] Falzone alleges that she filed a formal complaint of discrimination through the 21st Century Fox hotline, but Fox declined to put her back on the air or otherwise redress her complaint.[5] Her attorneys argue in the complaint that the revelation regarding Falzone's infertility, "detracted from her sex appeal and made her less desirable" in the eyes of the "male-dominated senior management of Fox News."[4][6]

Fox News Co-President Bill Shine, who was named in Falzone's complaint, resigned from his position at Fox News in May 2017.[6]

On March 8, 2018, it was made public that Falzone's case against Fox News had been settled and she had left their employment.[7]

brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
OP Offline
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts

Wow.

O'Reilly's back on TV! On NEWSMAX channel (channel 349 on my Direct TV cable service), O'Reilly has a new program on right now, called Bill O'Reilly's No-Spin News.

A one-hour program 2PM-3PM, it repeats at 6PM. I don't know if it's just Sundays, or airs other times. I know he's had a podcast since he left Fox, and granted this is a much smaller audience on NEWSMAX than Fox, but he' he's not gone from TV.

brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
OP Offline
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts

Andrea Tantaros is another who left the Fox News over harassment issues:

Quote:
In 2010, Tantaros joined Fox News Channel as a political contributor. The next year (2011), she was named a co-host of The Five and in 2014, she went on to co-host Outnumbered. Two years after, precisely April 25, 2016, Tantaros was pulled from the show for what Fox News called “contract issues.”

In August 2016, she made a bold move and sued Fox News claiming sexual harassment. She claimed she approached Fox News executives about being sexually harassed in 2015 by Roger Ailes and her allegations first resulted in her being demoted from The Five to Outnumbered, and then in her being taken off air in April 2016. She also alleged that Bill O’Reilly, Dean Cain, and Scott Brown made inappropriate comments to her and that Brown and Cain touched her without her consent.

brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
OP Offline
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts

Tamara Holder sounding off on CNN, saying "Fox News ruined my life".

Ex-Fox contributer: Fox News will sue me for speaking out today

I was thinking that it would be good policy for the new management at Fox to invite back the women who left because of sexual harassment. In particular I liked Andrea Tantaros and Lis Wiehl, among others, including Tamara Holder.
Nothing would say the atmosphere has changed at Fox than to invite them back and prove that the atmosphere is a pleasant one now, for women who were harassed and uncomfortable before.

On the flip side, from a legal standpoint, the fact that they complained about harassment before might make it more likely they would allege it again, either truthfully or vindictively.

A girl I used to date had a slip-and-fall injury at the factory she worked at, and management let a few months go by and then laid her off. They might have thought that she was a liability and had a greater likelihood and liability of getting injured again.

In Holder's case, they might not want Tamara Holder back specifically because she broke her non-disclosure agreement after her settlement.

brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
OP Offline
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts

Looking back through the topic, the one woman who sued Fox News I haven't listed, the FIRST one who went after Roger Ailes and got a settlement, is Gretchen Carlson.

Her settlement was the one that either
1) triggered other women who were abused at Fox News to come forward,
or
2) caused disgruntled women at Fox News to see Carlson's $20 million settlement as incentive for them to sue.
Or a combination of the two.

I recall thinking when it was revealed that Roger Ailes had treated her inappropriately that... THIS is the girl Ailes would risk his position to hit on? (Although Ailes seems to have groped pretty much every woman in sight.) I never found her attractive, or liked her personal style. I remember she had been on their 6AM to 9 AM Fox and Friends morning show. She was replaced by Elizabeth Hasselbeck, from The View.
And at that point Gretchen Carlson was given her own one-hour 2 PM news program. Then suddenly about 2 months later she disappeared and was replaced by someone else. I just figured she was removed because of low ratings.
Until the Ailes lawsuit went public.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gretchen_Carlson

Quote:
SEXUAL HARASSMENT LAWSUIT, AND SETTLEMENT[edit]

On the morning of July 6, 2016, Carlson confirmed on her Twitter account that she was no longer with Fox News.[23] That day, she filed a sexual harassment lawsuit against Fox News chairman Roger Ailes in the Superior Court of New Jersey.[24] In her complaint, Carlson alleged that she was fired from her program for refusing Ailes' sexual advances.[24]

Carlson's allegations received widespread media coverage.[25] After Carlson came forward, six more women spoke to Gabriel Sherman of New York magazine, alleging that Ailes had sexually harassed them and that Ailes had "spoke openly of expecting women to perform sexual favors in exchange for job opportunities."[26] Shortly thereafter, Carlson sat down for an interview with John Koblin of The New York Times, saying, "I wanted to stand up for other women who maybe faced similar circumstances."[27]

As the case progressed, Carlson reached out directly to her fans, thanking them in a series of Twitter videos[28][29] and offering her support for fellow victims of sexual harassment.[30] She also criticized Fox's attempt to force her claims to be adjudicated via closed-door mandatory arbitration rather than in court. (Fox filed court papers arguing that Carlson was compelled by her contract to adjudicate her claims in arbitration).[31] Carlson said: "Forcing victims of sexual harassment into secret arbitration proceedings is wrong, because it means nobody finds out what really happened."[31]

Facing overwhelming public criticism, Ailes resigned on July 21, 2016.[32] In an interview with Margaret Sullivan of The Washington Post, Carlson said she felt "relief that now I would be believed," though she also "felt angry that it took so long" for Ailes to step down.[33]

On September 6, 2016, 21st Century Fox Corporation (the parent company of Fox News) announced that it had settled the lawsuit with Carlson. The settlement was reportedly $20 million. As part of the settlement, 21st Century Fox apologized to Carlson, saying that "We sincerely regret and apologize for the fact that Gretchen was not treated with the respect and dignity that she and all of our colleagues deserve."[6]

But I recall when Hasselbeck suddenly left.
And Lis Wiehl disappeared.
And Kirsten Powers (my favorite liberal opinion pundit, along with Alan Colmes).
And Scottie Hughes.
And Juliet Huddy.
And C.E. Cupp.
All disappeared, I wondered why they left. And that appears to be the reason.

Granted, many might have left because they got better offers from other networks. But in most cases, they have plainly said that it was O'Reilly or Ailes (or Bolling, or Rosen) who made them uncomfortable, and ready to move on.
If not sue.

brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
OP Offline
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts

O'Reilly in a recent appearance on Huckabee's TV program, from Dec 2018:

Bill O'Reilly Warns Against a rising evil In America

Commenting that the print and broadcast media are completely driven now by revenue and ratings, and therefore promote incendiary partisan distortions over the true facts. And that they no longer try to provide news to all of America, but cater to an ideological subculture.

It is a formula for cultural fragmentation. And 93% Anti-Trump coverage. We are increasingly living in the era of Newspeak. With the pressure on to eliminate the few remainiong pckets of dissenting free thought.

A reminder of why O'Reilly's program was consistently the highest rated program on all of cable for 20 years.

Link Copied to Clipboard