#1223564 2017-05-25 1:22 AM
brother from another mother
15000+ posts
OP Online Cool
15000+ posts

http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-40018422

Quote:

Actor Sir Roger Moore, best known for playing James Bond, has died aged 89, his family has announced.

He played the famous spy in seven Bond films including Live and Let Die and A View to a Kill.

Sir Roger's family confirmed the news on Twitter, saying he had died after "a short but brave battle with cancer".

The statement, from his children, read: "Thank you Pops for being you, and being so very special to so many people."
"With the heaviest of hearts, we must share the awful news that our father, Sir Roger Moore, passed away today. We are all devastated," they said in a Twitter post.

The actor took the character of James Bond in a more humorous direction than his predecessor Sean Connery.

Sir Roger is survived by his three children and wife Kristina Tholstrup

Sir Roger's Bond was calm and suave - a smooth operator who could seemingly get himself out of a tricky situation with ease.

The veteran star, who died in Switzerland, will have a private funeral in Monaco in accordance with his wishes, his children said.

Good. Glad he's dead. Hated that guy. \:\(

"My friends have always been the best of me." -Doctor Who

"Well,whenever I'm confused,I just check my underwear. It holds most answers to life's questions." Abe Simpson

I can tell by the position of the sun in the sky, that is time for us to go. Until next time, I am Lothar of the Hill People!
15000+ posts
OP Online Cool
15000+ posts
G,Roger deserves a spot on the portal page. the tag line could be Moore,Roger Moore dead at 89.

brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts

My first Bond movie I saw in the theatre was Live and Let Die, released in 1973. With Jane Seymour as the Bond girl, and a Paul McCartney theme song, how could you possibly go wrong? Up until Raiders of the Lost Ark, it was the most outstandingly great action movie I'd ever seen.

Roger Moore for me is my favorite Bond, the snobbish British gentleman. I later worked my way backward to appreciate Sean Connery in the role as well, more rugged and athletic, but for me Moore was the most effective Bond.
I read somewhere that Ian Fleming liked Moore best in the role as well, that he came closest to the character Fleming portrayed in his novels.

I also see (after the false start of Timothy Dalton replacing Moore for a few movies) the selection of Pierce Brosnan for the role as a return to the template established by Roger Moore.

Sorry to see him go. At least he left us a lot of great movies as his legacy.

Kneel!
10000+ posts
Kneel!
10000+ posts
My least favorite Bond but I still enjoyed a few of his outings like The spy who loved me. Class act and he will be missed

big_pimp_tim-made it cool to roll in the first damn place!
Mon Jun 11 2007 09:27 PM-harley finally rolled with me
"I'm working with him...he's young but, there is much potential. He can apprentice with me and then he's yours for final training. He will remember the face of his father...

Some day, Knutreturns just may be the greatest of us all...."-THE bastard
Officially "too old for this shit"
15000+ posts
Officially "too old for this shit"
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Lothar of The Hill People
G,Roger deserves a spot on the portal page....

15000+ posts
OP Online Cool
15000+ posts
LOL! You ornery fucker!

brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts

\:lol\:

brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts

From the end of Moonraker, Bond and the girl cuddle affectionately floating in zero gravity in their spaceship, returning to Earth. Floating naked, except for a sheet that discreetly drifts in zero gravity to cover anything that would exceed a PG rating. From the ground at MI-6 headquarters, "M" and other higher-ups of British intelligence watch them on a monitor camera.

BRITISH INTELLIGENCE OFFICER: "I say, what is he doing?"
2nd INTELLIGENCE OFFICER: "I think he's attempting re-entry!"

15000+ posts
OP Online Cool
15000+ posts

"My friends have always been the best of me." -Doctor Who

"Well,whenever I'm confused,I just check my underwear. It holds most answers to life's questions." Abe Simpson

I can tell by the position of the sun in the sky, that is time for us to go. Until next time, I am Lothar of the Hill People!

Link Copied to Clipboard