Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
brother from another mother
15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts

I don't like the behavior so I don't watch teams that do this. I watched the Cowboys/Rams game today and none of the players kneeled during the anthem. One of the Rams guys was pumping his fist in the air during the Anthem whatever that is supposed to mean.

What do you think about it?

"My friends have always been the best of me." -Doctor Who

"Well,whenever I'm confused,I just check my underwear. It holds most answers to life's questions." Abe Simpson

I can tell by the position of the sun in the sky, that is time for us to go. Until next time, I am Lothar of the Hill People!
15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
Rams beat the Cowboys 35-30. They must have cheated.

"My friends have always been the best of me." -Doctor Who

"Well,whenever I'm confused,I just check my underwear. It holds most answers to life's questions." Abe Simpson

I can tell by the position of the sun in the sky, that is time for us to go. Until next time, I am Lothar of the Hill People!
I'm just sayin'
10000+ posts
I'm just sayin'
10000+ posts
I personally don't care for it, but I'm not bent out of shape over it. Of course, being primarily a hockey fan, I rarely do more than look at football scores.

It's a dog eat dog world & I'm wearing milkbone underwear.

I can get you a toe.

1,999,999+ points.

Damn you and your lemonade!!

Booooooooooooooobs.
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
It annoys me to the point that I won't watch any game where players either kneel during the national anthem, wave their fist (a sign of black power), or otherwise show a lack of respect for the country or the national anthem.

This is the same NFL that objected to players openly praying, to players giving remembrance on the field for the 9-11-2001 attacks, or players wearing or saying things on the field in support of our troops overseas. If the NFL bans these actions of patriotic support, and yet allows displays of hating America, then fuck them, I won't watch or support it.

The players should be held to the same standard as the rest of us on our jobs. If I were to rant religious or political views on the job, I would be reprimanded, suspended or fired. I can talk on my own time about politics or be politically active in advocacy of certain causes, I can express my views on issues in online political forums and social media, or I could even create my own website for that purpose. If I were a celebrity or pro athlete, I could give print or video interviews on the subject, or create or participate in promotional events or fundraisers toward that cause. But it is completely inappropriate to force-feed your political views on the job, whether your workplace is an office or a football field. We are an increasingly polarized country, and it stands to reason that whichever side you advocate on the job, it will probably alienate roughly half of the people you do business with. So it makes sense to do that on your own time, in the proper venue.

This issue goes back about 15 years, where the Dixie Chicks were singing in concert, and in the middle of the concert got preachy, stopped singing, and just ranted about then-president George W. Bush. Someone in the audience yelled "Shut up and sing!" Laura Ingraham wrote a book using that as the title, about Hollywood elites who ram their views down the throats of an offended public who doesn't agree with them. There are plenty of ways famous people can voice their political opinions, without interrupting the events the public paid to see.

From the polls I've seen, about 60% of the public thinks the players are wrong. I love when NFL players with an average contract of $2 million a year bemoan injustice, and describe themselves as slaves and the NFL team owners as "masters" who suppress their free speech. A serious disconnect from reality, and lack of appreciation for how truly entitled they are.

Link Copied to Clipboard