Print Thread
brother from another mother
15000+ posts
OP Offline
brother from another mother
15000+ posts

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/roseanne-barr-now-claims-dan-003000322.html

Quote:
ROSEANNE - Iconic comedy series �Roseanne� returns to The ABC Television Network on Tuesday, March 27, at 8 p.m. EDT, with nine new episodes featuring the complete original cast - Roseanne Barr, John Goodman, Sara Gilbert, Laurie Metcalf, Michael Fishman and Lecy Goranson. Sarah Chalke, who played the character Becky in later seasons, will also appear in another role. New cast joining the one-of-a-kind Conner family includes Emma Kenney as Harris Conner-Healy, Ames McNamara as Mark Conner-Healy and Jayden Rey as Mary Conner. With fresh stories that tackle today�s issues and even more laughs from a brilliant cast and crew that haven�t missed a beat, audiences old and new will celebrate the homecoming of America�s favorite working-class family. (ABC/Adam Rose)ROSEANNE BARR, JOHN GOODMAN

Roseanne is still Roseanne, so that hasn't changed.

"Roseanne" is launching its revival -- we can just call it Season 10 -- March 27 on ABC. The cast shared new details during the Television Critics Association winter press tour, and ABC shared a bunch of photos from the premiere.

During the TCAs, Roseanne Barr insisted that Dan Conner (John Goodman) didn't actually die in the Season 9 finale/series finale, "Into That Good Night, Part 2," even though he was said to have died of a heart attack. (One of the first promos for the revival had a little joke on Dan's return from death.)

TVLine challenged Barr's assertion that Dan didn't really die, but she shot back, "I think that you should rewatch it. A lot of the reason that I did that was to add another layer of freshness for people who are going to watch the series over and over."

In case you've forgotten, here's a summary of the series finale from The Roseanne Wiki:
"In the first half, the family talks about life after winning the lottery. Then Roseanne reflects about her fictional life as a voiceover monologue reveals that the show itself has really been her writing. She says that while the book she was writing was based on her life, she changed what she didn't like. For instance: in reality, the Conners did not win the lottery; Dan died of a heart attack; Jackie--not Bev--was gay; Mark and Darlene, and Becky and David, were the Conner-Healy couples; and DJ went to college. In the final moments, after looking over her book, she goes upstairs and sits on the couch. The show fades to black and her trademark laugh is heard one last time."
If they didn't show it, it didn't happen?

In other news, Roseanne confirmed that her character will be a Donald Trump supporter, as she is in real life. Executive producer Bruce Helford said the show will address the various political views within the family "in a very honest way and a very real way."

Sara Gilbert (Darlene Conner) added, "It was a great opportunity to have a family that can be divided by politics, but still is filled with love. And what a great thing to bring into this country right now." It was previously revealed that Darlene's son Mark (Ames McNamara) will be a gender nonconforming character who wears traditionally feminine clothes but does not identify as transgender or gay.

We already know that the show found a clever way to include both of the stars who played Becky during the original run...... and the status of other characters was also revealed. "Roseanne" will acknowledge the death of cast member Glenn Quinn, who played the older brother of Johnny Galecki's David. "We all missed Glenn so much because he was such a great part of the show," said Barr, "and it wasn't something we wanted to gloss over."

ROSEANNE - Iconic comedy series �Roseanne� returns to The ABC Television Network on Tuesday, March 27, at 8 p.m. EDT, with nine new episodes featuring the complete original cast - Roseanne Barr, John Goodman, Sara Gilbert, Laurie Metcalf, Michael Fishman and Lecy Goranson. Sarah Chalke, who played the character Becky in later seasons, will also appear in another role. New cast joining the one-of-a-kind Conner family includes Emma Kenney as Harris Conner-Healy, Ames McNamara as Mark Conner-Healy and Jayden Rey as Mary Conner. With fresh stories that tackle today�s issues and even more laughs from a brilliant cast and crew that haven�t missed a beat, audiences old and new will celebrate the homecoming of America�s favorite working-class family.

Also, if you're wondering about youngest child Jerry Garcia Conner, Barr said they do mention him in the first episode. "He's on a fishing boat in Alaska... We had so many stories to tell over the arc of these nine episodes."

Nice. Dan was my favorite in the show.

"My friends have always been the best of me." -Doctor Who

"Well,whenever I'm confused,I just check my underwear. It holds most answers to life's questions." Abe Simpson

I can tell by the position of the sun in the sky, that is time for us to go. Until next time, I am Lothar of the Hill People!
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
The Roseanne series had a remarkably long run. And I'd agree, Goodman (as Dan) was the most likeable on the show. He projected low-key honesty and candidness, but with out coming across as cynically as others on the show.
At some point, I found out comics writer Martin Pasko was a contributor to the show.

I like John Goodman. Two movie roles that I remember him well for are in Barton Fink, and in Matinee. And those aren't even his best known roles!

Link Copied to Clipboard