Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
OP Offline
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts

Historical documentary series ‘Scandalous’ begins with episode detailing Bill Clinton's career

Quote:
Fox News Channel will have a new addition to its Sunday-night lineup for the next seven weeks, as the network announced on Tuesday that “Scandalous” will debut on Jan. 21 at 8 p.m. ET.

The first installment of the documentary-style series will chronicle the sequence of events that led to the impeachment of President Bill Clinton during the 1990s with one-hour episodes to coincide with the 20-year anniversary of the scandal.

Network insiders hope the series will become a franchise, with future installments focusing on other moments and scandals that impacted America's history.

The Clinton-themed debut of “Scandalous” will be narrated by actor Bruce McGill and features interviews with more than 45 people who were involved on both sides of the Clinton investigation and subsequent impeachment trial.

The premiere focuses on the investigations of then-President Clinton by the Office of the Independent Counsel.

Former independent counsels Kenneth Starr, Robert Fiske Jr. and Robert Ray, and former members of the Office of Independent Counsel Bob Bittman, Sol Wisenberg, Julie Myers Wood and Stephen Bates will participate in the series. Additionally, former Sen. Joe Lieberman, I-Conn., and current Sen. Lindsey Graham, R-S.C., appear in “Scandalous.”

“Scandalous,” which was filmed in cinematic style, covers everything from the failed 1980s Whitewater land deal in the Ozarks of Arkansas to Clinton’s last day in office and all of the controversy in between. The series will revisit the daily twists and turns of the investigation exactly 20 years after White House intern Monica Lewinsky was revealed and first captivated the world.

Linda Tripp, who secretly recorded conversations with Lewinsky about the young intern's relationship with the president, will also be part of the seven-part series, along with Susan McDougal, who served prison time for contempt and fraud related to the Whitewater controversy.

Clinton was famously caught having an affair with Lewinsky in January 1998, and the House Judiciary Committee approved articles of impeachment by December of that year – charging him with perjury and obstruction of justice. Clinton was eventually acquitted by the Senate and allowed to finish out his second term in the White House.

希望の戦士
2000+ posts
希望の戦士
2000+ posts
Hopefully it'll explain why he didn't pay a prostitute instead. At least they know how to keep their mouths shut.

There is no version of this where you come out on top. Maybe your army comes, and maybe it’s too much for us, but it’s all on you. Because if we can’t protect the Earth, you can be damn well sure we’ll avenge it.

Hello?
Put Natasha on the phone.
Who is this?
This is her fucking son's father. Who is this?
This is her fucking son.
..........oh.......
Call back in 20 minutes. *click*

Boy, you could get lost in a sky like that. I wish I had those balloons again.

brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
OP Offline
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts

I think it was just easy for Bill Clinton.
Monica Lewinsky was there in his office, offering herself to him, eager and willing.

Plus maybe the thrill of getting away with it, which obviously backfired.

The part I didn't like about the documentary was the onscreen names and titles for the various legal investigators. Only if you recorded the program and paused the video could you read the titles, they flash on and off the screen so fast, over and over throughout the program. I didn't know Susan McDougall was still alive. It's not the best documentary I've seen on the subject, but it was somewhat informative. For an hour, though, it only gave you a small piece of the total picture.

But it was interesting to see it presented from an investigators' perspective, as they discovered the first clues and unraveled it. I was surprised that Vince Foster was perceived as a very nice guy by those who worked closely with him. And was apparently driven to suicide when he was made the fall guy to take the blame in one of the Clinton scandals.

brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
OP Offline
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts

The first of 7 parts, courtesy of YouTube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuOqqTvifhU

Link Copied to Clipboard