Next Thread
Print Thread
Officially "too old for this shit"
15000+ posts
OP Offline
Officially "too old for this shit"
15000+ posts
James Gunn Fired From ‘Guardians Of The Galaxy’ Franchise Over Offensive Tweets

• James Gunn has been removed as director of the Guardians Of The Galaxy series after a batch of old social media dispatches were unearthed that touched on areas like pedophilia and rape. In the latest shocking #metoo development in the entertainment industry, Gunn was severed from the Marvel Comics Universe after a slew of social media posts he wrote before getting Guardians of the Galaxy surfaced....

Among the tweets that forced Disney and Marvel’s hand were: “I like when little boys touch me in my silly place.”

Another: “The best thing about being raped is when you’re done being raped and it’s like ‘whew this feels great, not being raped!’” There were others that made satirical comments about the 9/11 attack, AIDS and the Holocaust.

Disney responded quickly and decisively: “The offensive attitudes and statements discovered on James’ Twitter feed are indefensible and inconsistent with our studio’s values, and we have severed our business relationship with him,” said Alan Horn, Walt Disney Studios chairman, in a statement just released.

brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts

It's kind of weird how he made all these unfunny jokes in his zeal to attack Trump, and it came back to bite him.

It seems like Gunn just made some tasteless jokes about child molestation and rape, that showed a callousness for the victims of these things. But also manifests a creepy obsession with fantasizing about these things.

Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Not really weird. Conservatives looked for dirt after he attacked Trump. What he said is indefensible and not funny so he got what he deserved from the sounds of it though. Being wealthy and powerful isn't a free pass anymore

Fair play!

Link Copied to Clipboard