Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
brother from another mother
15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/er-actress-vanessa-marquez-shot-170045762.html

Quote:

Vanessa Marquez, a series regular actress on NBC’s hit drama “ER” from 1994-1997, was shot and killed by a South Pasadena PD officer during a welfare check early Thursday afternoon. She was 49.

During the welfare check at the 1100 Block of Fremont Avenue, Marquez was having seizures and possibly suffering from mental health issues, Lieutenant Joe Mendoza of the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department’s Homicide Bureau told TheWrap. After more than 90 minutes of officers trying to convince an uncooperative Marquez to seek care, Mendoza says the actress and South Pasadena resident pulled out a weapon and pointed it at police officers. Though it was later identified to be a BB gun, Mendoza said it was a replica of a semi-automatic handgun, and police believed the weapon to be a real firearm.

An officer or officers shot Mendoza, who was transported to a local hospital where she was pronounced dead. No officers were injured.

Marquez played Nurse Wendy Goldman on “ER” Marquez made headlines last year after accusing the show’s star George Clooney of having her blacklisted after she reported suffering sexual and racial harassment on the set of the NBC medical drama.

“I had no idea Vanessa was blacklisted,” Clooney said in a statement to TheWrap back in October. “I take her at her word. I was not a writer or a producer or a director on that show. I had nothing to do with casting. I was an actor and only an actor.”

Clooney, who starred as Doug Ross on the series for five seasons, denied having any influence on casting the show or on Marquez’s career. “If she was told I was involved in any decision about her career then she was lied to,” he said. “The fact that I couldn’t affect her career is only surpassed by the fact that I wouldn’t.”

Do one dumb thing and just like that your life is over. It's sad because it looks like she was a litle on the crazy side. Maybe this could have been avoided if she had somehow got help early on.

15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
It's a shame that I never got the chance to sleep with her.

few posts
few posts
Sucks if Clooney is a kind of a bastard she said he is. Others have said he was a vain little bitch to them as well over the years.

The Once, and Future Cunt
15000+ posts
The Once, and Future Cunt
15000+ posts
Wiedemannnnnnnnnn!

Link Copied to Clipboard