OP Offline
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts

brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
OP Offline
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts

I'm waiting for Trump to nickname her "no-sex Alyssa", and follow up with "Hey who's she dating these days? What a lucky guy that is!"

Alyssa Milano for the last 2 years or so is one of the most off-the-deep-end celebrities in Hollywood. And it has to be hurting her career. Her agent should take away her Facebook and Twitter accounts.

brother from another mother
15000+ posts
Online Cool
15000+ posts
another over hyped Hollywood tard who having a tantrum. yawn.

brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
OP Offline
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts

Alyssa Milano Says an Unborn Baby’s Heartbeat Should be Called “Fetal Pole Cardiac Activity”

Quote:

Micaiah Bilger May 16, 2019

The “party of science” is trying to wordsmith away what millions of doctors, scientists and mothers across the globe know to be true – an unborn baby’s heartbeat.

An unborn baby’s heartbeat is detectable around six weeks of pregnancy, and, for many mothers, hearing that heartbeat is one of their first tangible experiences with their unborn baby.

But as states move to pass heartbeat bills, abortion activists are attacking the fact that unborn babies have a heartbeat at six weeks at all.

Actress and abortion activist Alyssa Milano is one of them.

On Wednesday, she wrote on Twitter, “Dear Press, stop calling them ‘heartbeat’ bills and call them ‘fetal pole cardiac activity’ bills.”
A writer at The Atlantic tried a similar claim a few years ago. Moira Weigel, a writer, Harvard graduate and doctoral candidate at Yale University, argued that unborn babies’ heartbeats at six weeks are “imaginary” as she attacked pro-lifers’ attempts to pass heartbeat bills. The publication received numerous complaints from scientists, doctors and others about its inaccuracy, and it resulted in an embarrassing re-write of her entire article, along with a long list of corrections.

It is well established that an unborn child’s heart begins to beat during the earliest stages of pregnancy, typically between four to six weeks after fertilization. In 2016, researchers at the University of Oxford announced findings that the heart may actually begin beating earlier – as soon as 16 days after conception.

But it is easier for abortion activists to try to deny this science with ridiculous wordplay than it is to defend the fact that an abortion kills a living, unique human being whose heart is already beating, as National Review writer Alexandra DeSanctis noted this week.

“Under the guise of being the real champions of science, they reduce a human heartbeat to utter meaninglessness,” she wrote in response to Milano and others. “To avoid defending abortion for what it is, they resort to blatant dehumanization of living human beings. Heartbeat bills such as Georgia’s won’t survive legal challenge, but their chief success is in exposing the abortion-rights movement as being deeply anti-science.”

Scientific evidence increasingly supports the pro-life position. And polls are showing that younger generations of voters support heartbeat laws. As more details about life in the womb become widely known, there is strong hope that even more Americans will support protections for unborn life.

brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
OP Offline
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts

In all seriousness, Georgia is one state. If you want an abortion in Georgia, you can still drive to any of the neigboring states.

I don't agree with Roe vs. Wade, and think in 1973 it imposed abortion on all 50 states, overriding the will of the people in those 50 states.
And 47 years later it is just as divisive and unreconciled as it was then. About 15 years ago on these boards, I suggested that it should be left up to each individual state whether they want abortion. Let it be banned where they don't want it, and allow it where they do want it. If 10 states ban it, there are still 40 where you can go. If 30 ban it, there are still 20 where you can go. Simple. And no state is deprived or has to live under law that doesn't have popular support.

Up until I was 38, I supported abortion. And was persuaded to reverse away from my support of abortion by:

1) the women most able to provide for children are the ones most often having abortions
2) I read an article titled "Abortion: World War III" that cited there have been more abortions in the United States than there were deaths in World War II. And that's only abortions since 1973 in the United States.
3) That there are literally hundreds of thousands of couples in the United States who would like to have children but can't, and would gladly adopt them. There are couples adopting children from China and Africa.
4) I think it's a small price to pay when a woman gets pregnant, to bring the baby to term and give it up for adoption. Most women are not even visibly pregnant until their 5th or 6th month.
5) In answer to the rationale that pregnancy gets rid of unwanted children who will be a burden on society, look at examples such as Andrew Carnegie. He was dirt poor, had an alcoholic virtually nonexistent father, and an impoverished mother, and yet rose to be one of the captains of industry who built America's steel and railroad industries. And in later life gave tens of millions of his wealth to build libraries, museums and other centers of culture and charitable donations. There are children who came from the harshest beginnings, and yet have changed the world.

6) A one-page TIME magazine interview of Mother Teresa, where asked about abortion said: "What greater measure is there of a society's evil than when they choose to murder their own children."

I don't recall the order, but all these were factors that reversed my opinion from being pro-abortion to pro-life. I'm not fanatical or angry about it, but I just see opposing abortion as a more humane point of view.

Some other newer factors since I changed my mind :

7) A study I posted over 10 years years ago here, that women who have an abortion have a higher incidence of cancer. A woman's body goes through a cycle during pregnancy, and abortion interrupts that cycle.

8) Science has shown that a baby has consciousness and feelings in the womb, brain activity and a heartbeat, even just a few weeks into a pregnancy. A baby even has its own separate bloodstream. And even when a mother is HIV positive, the baby separated by the womb is not. Without use of medical techniques, the baby can become infected by the mother as it exits the womb during birth.

All of which have persuaded millions to be pro-life rather than "pro-choice" for abortion.
While Bill O'Reilly was still on the air, he cited that 10 years prior, opinion polls showed 50% were pro-choice, and 40% pro-life. 10 years later, O'Reilly cited that all the above facts had shifted public opinion to be 50% pro-life and 40% pro-choice. Persuaded by the facts, the public is becoming more pro-life.

I think there's a danger of the Christian Right to overplay its hand, if it to push for a nationwide ban on abortion, just as Roe vs. Wade usurped the will of the people.
Better to have it proposed state by state, rather than a Supreme Court decision that imposes an abortion ban on places like California, Oregon, and New England states, who might never be ready for that. It amazes me how pro-life has spread like wildfire to other states, after initially starting in Alabama and Georgia.

I thought I'd offer some serious commentary, even though I'd rather make fun of Alyssa Milano.

brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
OP Offline
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts

Parsing Alyssa Milano’s call for a ‘sex strike’

Quote:
The internet is having a great time responding to Alyssa Milano’s call for a “sex strike” until Georgia’s fetal heartbeat bill is overturned. But while it’s easy to mock her words, they deserve to be parsed carefully, since they articulate the pro-abortion philosophy of the left.

Milano tweeted, “Our reproductive rights are being erased. Until women have legal control over our own bodies we just cannot risk pregnancy. JOIN ME by not having sex until we get bodily autonomy back. I’m calling for a #SexStrike. Pass it on.”
What, exactly, does Milano mean by “reproductive rights”?

If you were just learning the English language, you might safely deduce that this phrase meant “the right to reproduce.” But that would be a logical deduction, and there is nothing logical about the Orwellian reasoning of the left.
Instead, “reproductive rights” means a woman’s right to kill the baby in her womb.

This is classic doublespeak, but in an especially deadly form, as “reproduction” here means “termination.”
“No sex until we have the right to kill our unborn!”

Milano, of course, references a woman’s “legal right” over her body, reflecting the pro-abortion mentality that the baby is not an independent human being who has a “legal right” to life. Instead, the baby is an appendage of the mother’s body.
Some have even likened the baby in the womb to a tumor or a growth or a clump of cells. Mothers should have the “legal right” to dispose of such intrusions. This is what Milano also means by “bodily autonomy.”

In contrast, the baby has no autonomy. If the child wasn’t planned and isn’t wanted, it has only one choice: to meet with a violent end. To be a casualty. The unborn have no rights.
And note carefully what Milano is saying: It’s not worth having sex if you have to “risk pregnancy.” So, it’s sex for recreation, not procreation, and abortion is just another form of birth control.

Of course, the left doesn’t normally put things so plainly (and honestly).
Instead, pro-abortionists will remind us of the (very difficult) cases of a woman carrying a severely disabled baby, or a 15-year-old rape victim, sexually abused by her own step-father.
Cases like that are meant to evoke compassion and sympathy, and rightly so.

But Milano let the cat out of the bag. That’s not the main concern with most who are “shouting” their abortions today.
The issue is that recreational sex just might lead to an unwanted pregnancy, and abortion is the simple solution. It’s birth control after conception rather than before conception, just a little messier and bloodier.

But not to worry. If you don’t want the baby, don’t have the baby. And if that choice is taken away from you, Milano argues, then don’t conceive the baby. (For the record, that’s called abstinence, as others have gleefully pointed out, including this tweet: “Not sure this was thought through, but the pro life crowd supports your call to abstinence to prevent abortions. Well done!”)
It would seem that Milano is intending to punish men as well, withholding sex from them – after all, this is a “strike” – since all men are somehow guilty. After all, it was mainly men who voted for Georgia’s pro-life bill and a male governor who signed it.

So, Milano apparently reasons, let’s hit these men where it hurts and withhold sex.
Bette Midler, though, seems to have taken this one step further, tweeting, “I hope the #womenofGeorgia stop having sex with men until these indignities are overturned.”

In other words, lesbian sex is fine, since it cannot result in a pregnancy. Plus, women are not the culprits in passing this new law. Instead, punish those evil men, but let the ladies have fun as they please. (Am I reading too much into the words “stop having sex with men”? I think not.)
What Midler and Milano fail to grasp is that there are millions of couples in America who have sex to be intimate as well as to reproduce. For them, the greatest news a wife could share with her husband would be, “I’m pregnant!” And millions of Americans welcome children into the world every year, with tears of joy and gratitude.

All that is lost on the radical left, for whom pregnancy is a “risk” you take when you have sex, abortion is a method of birth control, and “reproductive rights” refers to the right to stop reproduction.
The left has made itself perfectly clear, and the logic is positively deadly.

And so, while some of Milano’s followers and colleagues will go on strike, abstaining from sex and producing no offspring, pro-lifers will continue to have sex and have babies.
It works out well after all.

Dr. Michael Brown (www.askdrbrown.org) is the host of the nationally syndicated Line of Fire radio program. His latest book is Donald Trump Is Not My Savior: An Evangelical Leader Speaks His Mind About the Man He Supports As President. Connect with him on Facebook or Twitter.

An interesting de-construction of the carefully selected "pro-choice" terminology.

brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
OP Offline
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heartbeat_bill

Wow. This caught on to quite a few states, pretty fast. In Kentucky it's passed but "temporarily blocked." So that's 5 states already. And probably not down for the count in the ones it was unsuccessful in.
But at least attempted in 19 states.

15000+ posts
Online Cool
15000+ posts
I think abortion is murder so I don't mind more restrictive laws about abortion. I also think the government should not be paying for 25 abortions a year for some dumb whore who doesn't know how she keeps getting pregnant.

brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
OP Offline
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts

As new technology has made it clear that life begins at conception, and that the baby has feelings in the womb, I think increassingly more people will come around to that point of view, Lothar. Like I said above, I used to be very pro-abortion until I was persuaded to the exact opposite view by the facts.

And in other news...

DEMOCRAT GOVERNOR OF LOUISIANA ABOUT TO SIGN ABORTION BAN INTO LAW

Quote:
Louisiana's state legislature on Wednesday overwhelmingly passed a so-called "heartbeat" pro-life bill, becoming the latest in a slew of states to enact strict new restrictions on abortion that many conservatives have hoped will end with the Supreme Court revisiting its landmark 1973 Roe v. Wade decision.

Gov. John Bel Edwards, a Democrat, has said he will buck the national party establishment and sign the measure into law. Another Democrat, state Sen. John Milkovich, sponsored the bill -- underscoring the deep pro-life culture in Louisiana, even among liberal politicians.

The bill, which cleared the Louisiana House by a 79-23 vote, requires an ultrasound to be conducted prior to any abortion procedure being performed. If a fetal heartbeat is detected, the bill bans abortion unless, under penalty of perjury, the abortion provider declares the procedure necessary "to prevent the death of the pregnant woman or to prevent a serious risk of the substantial and irreversible impairment of a major bodily function of the pregnant woman."

The bill also includes an exemption in the case that a physician certifies that the "unborn child has a profound and irremediable congenital or chromosomal anomaly that is incompatible with sustaining life after birth."

The text does not include an exception for rape or incest, but it includes penalties only for abortion providers, and not women seeking abortions. Doctors breaking the law could face up to two years in prison and lose their medical license.

In a statement posted on Twitter shortly after the vote, Gov. Edwards emphasized that "being pro-life means more than just being pro-birth," touted his criminal justice reform and foster care initiatives, and vowed to sign the bill into law.

"I know there are many who feel just as strongly as I do on abortion and disagree with me -- and I respect their opinions," Edwards wrote. "As I prepare to sign this bill, I call on the overwhelming bipartisan majority of legislators who voted for it to join me in continuing to build a better Louisiana that cares for the least among us and provides more opportunity for everyone."

Georgia, Kentucky, Mississippi and Ohio have enacted similar heartbeat bills, which generally restrict abortion as early as the sixth week of pregnancy. Missouri lawmakers, meanwhile, approved an eight-week ban on abortion. Alabama has gone further, outlawing virtually all abortions.

None of the bans has taken effect, and all are expected to face legal challenges.

New York Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand, a 2020 presidential contender, suggested the laws made her "infuriated," writing on Twitter that "the threat to Roe v. Wade is real."

Louisiana's prohibition, by its explicit terms, would take hold only if neighboring Mississippi's law is upheld by a federal appeals court. A federal judge temporarily blocked the Mississippi law Friday.

In that respect, the new law is somewhat similar to a 2006 "trigger law," signed into law by then-Louisiana Gov. Kathleen Blanco, a Democrat. That law effectively would ban all abortions, except where the mother's health is in jeopardy, immediately if the Supreme Court ever reversed Roe, the seminal case that established a constitutional right to privacy and prescribed a limited right to an abortion that the high court has later refined.

On Tuesday, in a 20-page concurring opinion in an abortion-related case on fetal remains in Indiana, Justice Clarence Thomas previewed what is likely to become an all-out legislative and judicial brawl over the topic in the coming years.

Thomas openly likened abortion to birth control and eugenics, citing the statistics of minorities affected by abortion, and argued that the dissenting opinion by liberal Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg "makes little sense."

"Given the potential for abortion to become a tool of eugenic manipulation," Thomas wrote, "the court will soon need to confront the constitutionality of laws like Indiana's."

Ginsburg shot back that one of Thomas' footnotes "displays more heat than light."

I still support possible exceptions for pregnancies resulting from rape, incest, or threaten the health of the mother.

Although I saw an interview a few days ago of a very nice lady in her 50's who was the product of rape, and didn't know who her father was. She's obviously grateful that her mother did not abort her after the rape. A persuasive testimony.

Link Copied to Clipboard