Page 1 of 3 123>
Topic Options
#1228841 - Tue May 21 2019 02:37 PM the 2020 Democrat primary candidates
Wonder Boy
Online   content brutally Kamphausened

Loc: A glorious bold new America

I thought the 2016 Republican field was large. Now the 2020 Democrat field is up to 24 candidates, with probably more to enter later.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2020_Democratic_Party_presidential_primaries

Of the 24 currently in, 10 I never heard of till looking at the wikipedia page above. And I follow campaaign politics about as much as you could possibly follow it. Many of them (such as de Blasio) no doubt are not serious, and are just trying to increase their political visibility.

So far as I know, the 2016 Republican primary field was the most crowded ever, and this far exceeds that. And it ain't over yet...

The fact that Biden is leading the pack by a wide margin demonstrates that despite having 24 candidates, the selection is still pretty lousy.

I watched the Fox News 1-hour town hall meeting with Buttegeig on Sunday (May 19th).

And another on Special Report of Klobuchar.

It's telling of just how far off the deep end the Democrats are that every last one of them endorses:

* open borders,
* sanctuary cities,
* amnesty and/or citizenship for illegals,
* healthcare for illegals,
* federal reparations for blacks,
* the "green new deal",
* endorse post-birth infanticide (no restrictions on abortion),
* abolishing ICE,
* abolishing the electoral college (eliminating representation for smaller states),
* adding more justices beyond 9 to pack the Supreme Court with liberals,
* making Washington DC a state (washington D.C. was conceptualized specifically to not be a state),
* make Puerto Rico a state (only because it is a guaranteed Democrat electoral addition),
* to lower the legal voting age from 18 to 16,
* to let illegals vote (first voiced by failed GA governor candidate Stacey Abrams),
* and let incarcerated violent felons vote (first voiced by Bernie Sanders).

If any of the 24 maniacs running have not openly endorsed any of these points, they have at least quietly not condemned them for the craziness they are. Which means, though not campaigning on them, they would allow them if elected president.

We truly live in dangerous times.

#1228850 - Tue May 21 2019 11:37 PM Re: the 2020 Democrat primary candidates [Re: Wonder Boy]
Wonder Boy

#1228886 - Sat May 25 2019 08:39 AM Re: the 2020 Democrat primary candidates [Re: Wonder Boy]
Lothar of The Hill People
Offline brother from another mother

Loc: Way back in the woods.
 Originally Posted By: Wonder Boy

It's telling of just how far off the deep end the Democrats are that every last one of them endorses:

* open borders,
* sanctuary cities,
* the "green new deal",
* abolishing ICE,
* abolishing the electoral college (eliminating representation for smaller states),
* making Washington DC a state (washington D.C. was conceptualized specifically to not be a state),
* make Puerto Rico a state (only because it is a guaranteed Democrat electoral addition),
* to let illegals vote (first voiced by failed GA governor candidate Stacey Abrams),

If any of the 24 maniacs running have not openly endorsed any of these points, they have at least quietly not condemned them for the craziness they are. Which means, though not campaigning on them, they would allow them if elected president.

God damn Democrats.

#1228887 - Sat May 25 2019 09:22 AM Re: the 2020 Democrat primary candidates [Re: Lothar of The Hill People]
Matter-eater Man
Offline Fair Play!

Damn we don't have a single reality tv show star that gushes about Putin. Better hope Putin helps your side again for another "electoral " victory. What is your side actually for these days anyways? Tax cuts and increased spending? And WB you would never apply the same standard for Republicans on what they support. I know many of the 2020 candidates have spoken about being against open borders for example. I'm not aware of any that actually support open borders. Do you understand what you even claim when you say they support open borders?

As for the topic in general, it is a whole bunch! Biden looks to be a solid front runner but I like quite a few of them. Amy Klobachar is an obvious favorite as well as the gay mayor with military experience.

Fair play!

#1228896 - Sun May 26 2019 12:54 AM Re: the 2020 Democrat primary candidates [Re: Matter-eater Man]
Wonder Boy

Originally Posted By: Matter-eater Man
Damn we don't have a single reality tv show star that gushes about Putin. Better hope Putin helps your side again for another "electoral " victory.

That is such a head-in-ass comment.
Even you don't believe that, M E M.

Originally Posted By: M E M
What is your side actually for these days anyways? Tax cuts and increased spending?

Lower taxes to stimulate more private growth. Less government control = less waste, and less authoritarian abuse of power. Which is exactly what those I cited in my above post have been up to.

And WB you would never apply the same standard for Republicans on what they support.

I've clearly and repeatedly said I advocate equal protection, and equal punishment, under the law. Whereas your side weaponizes the IRS, FBI and DOJ among other agencies against its political enemies. As I cited above. And for all of the Obama years on these boards.

I know many of the 2020 candidates have spoken about being against open borders for example. I'm not aware of any that actually support open borders. Do you understand what you even claim when you say they support open borders?

Do you really believe that?

Of the 24 current Democrat candidates, I can't think of ONE who doesn't endorse admitting illegals and sanctuary cities.
And any attempt to slow down the flood of illegals coming in is portrayed by >>>ALL<<< the Democrats as white racism and hating brown people.
Republicans don't have a problem with over a million "brown people" a year entering our country through the proper legal channels (1.3 million last year, under "white racist supremacist" Trump, more annually than Obama).
We do have a HUGE problem with millions more unvetted illegals entering this country to commit crimes, carry infectious diseases, and sponge up healthcare and social benefits that should be going to American citizens and veterans.

Your party wants them here illegally so they can eventually vote and give your party a permanent (corrupt) majority. Stacey Abrams (the black race-obsessed demagogue and failed Georgia governor candidate) made clear she sees illegal immigrants as an untapped voter base.
And every Democrat candidate has similarly endorsed keeping these illegals here for that purpose, either stated or unstated, but keeping them here for that purpose nonetheless.

As for the topic in general, it is a whole bunch! Biden looks to be a solid front runner but I like quite a few of them. Amy Klobachar is an obvious favorite as well as the gay mayor with military experience.

Buttegeig. He again endorses, as do Klobochar and Biden, sanctuary cities and giving illegals the right to stay here. Even among the Republicans, except for lip service, I don't see any Senators or House members, certainly not a majority, making a vigorous attempt to stop illegals, keep them out, or deport them, or advocate/support policy to do so.

Klobuchar and Tulsi Gabbard, while still advocating the same far-Left craziness, at least display some administrative and leadership ability.
Robert Gates, who served as secretary of defense in both the W.Bush and Obama administrations (2006-2011) and before that, CIA director, National Security Advisor, and Deputy CIA director, said of Biden: "He's been on the wrong side of nearly every foreign policy issue for decades."
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/biden-wrong-foreign-policy-decades-charles

It frankly terrifies me that any of the current Democrats could become president. Only because of Trump is there any attempt to stop the flood of illegals, to rebuild our economy and military, and protect us from the growing threat of the Chinese and Russians. If it were President Hillary, we would be seeing complete surrender in the current 8 year period. Exponentially increasing the damage after 8 crippling years of Obama.

#1228897 - Sun May 26 2019 01:12 AM Re: the 2020 Democrat primary candidates [Re: Lothar of The Hill People]
Wonder Boy

Originally Posted By: Lothar of The Hill People
 Originally Posted By: Wonder Boy

* open borders,
* sanctuary cities,
* the "green new deal",
* abolishing ICE,

God damn Democrats.

What Lothar said.

In all seriousness, I like a lot of Democrats as people and talk politics with many every day. But despite being nice people they have some dangerously suicidal ideas of how our country and the outside world works.

China is building a navy, island bases, and missile systems to be the dominant military power in the Pacific region, and within 20 years, the world. And aggressively moving in that direction.

As I detailed in another topic, they see the U.S. as their primary strategic enemy, and obstacle to their global domination. In a predatory way they are investing heavily in Africa and Latin America, that gives them the controlling share in those developing nations. Chinese colonization of those regions, by any other name.
Beyond trade deficits of $500 billion a year with the U.S., they also cyber-steal another $600 billion in technological and intellectual property.

Internally, China politically jails and kills tens of thousands of their own citizens in a Gulag system of concentration camps.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_rights_in_China#Falun_Gong
If they had military dominion over the U.S., would they treat us any better?

Russia, while we've let our nuclear arsenal age since the 1980's has modernized their nuclear arsenal, far from similarly downsizing their military in the Bush Sr, Clinton, and W. Bush years, slashed even deeper in the Obama years, as we did. They have also developed supersonic missile technology with new missiles that can travel so fast that there is no defense against them.

I seem to recall some warning in 2008 about Obama's plan to jeopardize U.S. military's technological superiority.
https://www.wnd.com/2008/05/65771/
That has now happened.

With Trump, there's a chance we can rebuild our military and economic strength. With the Dems in power, we're doomed.

#1228898 - Sun May 26 2019 06:37 AM Re: the 2020 Democrat primary candidates [Re: Wonder Boy]
Wonder Boy

THE DEMOCRAT PARTY LEFT ME BEHIND - AND I'M NOT ALONE (Saritha Prabhu, The Tennessee Opinion columnist, reprinted in USA Today)

Although while much of the media is reflexively and rabidly anti-Republican/anti-Trump, I would dispute that any of the media, particularly Fox, is reflexively on the side of Trump. Fox News can only be portrayed as "leaning conservative" because of their relative right tilt (48% /52% balance of coverage) as compared to the far left tilt (70% to 90% pro-Democrat/anti-Trump coverage) of the mainstream liberal media.

https://www.yelp.com/topic/new-york-foxn...journalism-2008

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/byron...ercent-negative

https://www.mrc.org/media-bias-101

A consistent liberal bias for decades, and since the elections of Obama and Trump, an increasingly more shameless and unapologetic liberal bias.

#1228900 - Sun May 26 2019 08:15 AM Re: the 2020 Democrat primary candidates [Re: Wonder Boy]
Matter-eater Man
Offline Fair Play!

I watched Trump and Putin together and it was embarrassing to our country. Russia loved it. And Trump is a reality tv star. This is not a matter of belief but just the facts.

Fair play!

#1228901 - Sun May 26 2019 08:46 AM Re: the 2020 Democrat primary candidates [Re: Matter-eater Man]
Wonder Boy

OBAMA TO MEDVEDEV: "After my election I'll have more flexibility..."
MEDVEDEV (eagerly!): "I will transmit this information to Vladimir [Putin]!"

Trump giving diplomatic flattering words to Putin while giving away nothing is nowhere near the treasonous low of Barack Obama, who clearly was deceiving the American people while secretly assuring his "flexibility" on U.S. missile defense, once he had successfully deceived his way into re-election. Add to that the Iran deal. And Egypt. and Libya. And Crimea and Ukraine.

Saul Alinsky tactics: Campaign as a moderate, and once achieving power, pursue a radical agenda.

#1228902 - Sun May 26 2019 09:51 AM Re: the 2020 Democrat primary candidates [Re: Wonder Boy]
Matter-eater Man
Offline Fair Play!

Trump didn't just give flattering words to Putin. We discussed this already. It was so bad that Trump 24 hours later had to try to say he meant something else when he threw our intelligence under the bus. You gushed about his performance before that even. And yes Obama and any other President does have more flexibility off of election years. You knew he was doing his job because Putin hated him and actively helped Trump win in the next election.

Fair play!

Page 1 of 3 123>

Hop to:
December
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30 31
Forum Stats
3019 Members