Next Thread
Print Thread
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
OP Offline
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Several US Embassies fly the pride flag in defiance of Trump administration

I remember republicans telling me how gay friendly Trump was. I think what they got wrong was that Trump may not care if someone is gay or not but the main thing is he doesn't care. Glad to see that not everyone is falling into line.

Fair play!
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts

There are many Republican gay officials and Republican conservative pundits and journalists. Two I can think of offhand are Richard Grenell (former U.N. ambaassador spokesperson, current U.S. ambassador to Germany) and Tammy Bruce (former head of N.O.W. for California, and now a pundit and columnist for Fox News).

You can spin it all you want, but there are passionate gay representatives on both sides of the political aisle. And there is just as much argument that the DNC is cynical and using gays politically, as there is for that argument against Republicans.

The two I listed above have expressed their disgust for the vicious cynicism of the DNC, to the point that they feel more represented by the Republicans.

brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts

And I frankly find the gay flag annoying.

That a group of people raise a flag, first loyalty and allegiance to something other than the United States.

Fair Play!
15000+ posts
OP Offline
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Why would you make that assumption about loyalty and allegiance? And it's not spin that the Trump administration rejected all requests to fly the pride flag. I think you're attempting the spin with the both parties talk. The DNC is there not just at the parades but on the issues for gays.

Fair play!
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
From a Christian site:

https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/trump-...e-in-other-ways

Quote:
June 10, 2019 (LifeSiteNews) – The Trump administration is denying requests from United States embassies across the world to fly rainbow flags in recognition of LGBT “pride” month. Several embassies, however, are finding other ways to sport rainbow imagery.

Last week, three U.S. diplomats told NBC News that the administration has denied requests from embassies in Brazil, Germany, Israel, and Latvia to raise the rainbow flags on the building’s official flagpole. Diplomats are still allowed to display the flag elsewhere, including on embassy walls and inside buildings.

Hmmm. Not quite as anti-gay as portrayed by the more left wing agenda-pushing Slate site above.

Continuing the same article:

Quote:
The rejections came from the office of State Department Undersecretary for Management Brian Bulatao, and the requirement to seek permission first marks a reversal of the Obama administration giving embassies full permission and discretion to fly rainbow flags during June.

Given President Donald Trump’s mixed record on LGBT issues, most recently his endorsement of LGBT Pride Month on May 31, the directive appears to be less about rejecting the homosexual agenda than it is about reserving the official flagpole for the nations being represented.

Wow. Another rather large selective omission. Trump endorsed LGBT Pride Month not even 2 weeks ago.

And an explanation also selectively omitted by Slate, that the gay flag can be shown elsewhere, just not raised on the official embassy flagpole.

Quote:

"The President's recognition of Pride Month and his tweet encouraging our decriminalization campaign gives me even more pride to once again march in the Berlin Pride parade, hang a huge banner on the side of the Embassy recognizing our pride, host multiple events at the Embassy and the residence, and fly the gay pride flag," U.S. Ambassador to Germany Richard Grenell, a homosexual conservative, said Friday. A spokesman for the German embassy added, "the pride flag will be on as many places as it can at the Embassy."

Diplomats at several embassies have found ways to defy or sidestep the directive, the Washington Post reports. Those in South Korea and India have draped LGBT flags over their building facades, the one in New Delhi illuminated the building in rainbow lights, and several others released photos and videos of staffers themselves demonstrating for “pride.”

That Trump is the proponent of a worldwide campaign to de-criminalize homosexuality, and that Trump's U.S. ambassador to Germany is gay, also large selective omissions.

Quote:
“This is a category one insurrection,” one unnamed diplomat told the Post.

Unnamed source, a hallmark of liberal media coverage of Trump.

Quote:

While Trump’s pro-life record has largely pleased conservatives, his record on LGBT issues is more mixed. He has defended religious adoption agencies, opposed gender ideology in the military, public schools, and homeless shelters, and staffed his administration with various pro-family leaders.

In defense of that military policy, I have two words: Bradley Manning. His/her/its treasonous disclosure of military documents was deeply rooted in Manning's gender-identity psychological issues.

And Trump is appointing officials who give some level of proportionate equal representation to the 76% of America that are Christian/religious conservatives, as opposed to marginalizing them to please a 2% gay minority.

Quote:

On the other hand, Trump has nominated a variety of pro-LGBT figures to judgeships and other government posts, and continued a number of Obama-era pro-LGBT policies, such as an executive order on “gender identity nondiscrimination.” He also declared after the 2016 election that the Supreme Court’s 2015 Obergefell v. Hodges ruling forcing all fifty states to recognize same-sex “marriage” was “settled law.”

Again, details selectively omitted from liberal coverage, to make Trump look more anti-gay than he truly is.

Fair Play!
15000+ posts
OP Offline
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
I actually think Trump is as anti-gay as he is pro-life. The flag thing is just something easy to do to please his anti-gay supporters. Today it's flags but he's been chipping away all along not because he believes it's the right thing to do but what his supporters want.

Fair play!
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts

Trump is a born and bred New York liberal on the social issues.

Perhaps you forgot what Trump said during his nomination acceptance speech about the Pulse Night Club shooting in Orlando. He is more pro-gay than any other Republican president or candidate.

Trump: I will protect LGBTQ citizens from hateful rhetoric of radical terrorists

TRUMP: "...and as a Republican, I have to say, it is so nice to hear you cheering for what I just said."

Geez, M E M, give the guy a chance already. And give him some credit where it's due. It's not even my issue.

Fair Play!
15000+ posts
OP Offline
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
The growing deficit and worsening immigration problem are more your issues that you used to blame on the President when it was a democrat. On the LBGQT front he's said one thing while his actual actions are another. He isn't a liberal beyond what he does in bed.

Fair play!
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts

I've been pretty clear that Trump's large deficits his first two years are a disappointment for me. Trump wanted $700 billion to rebuild our military, the House Democrats extorted the total up to 1.6 trillion, demanding 900 billion of that total for other social programs as their condition for approving it, so I think it's unfair to blame Trump for that.

I still wish Trump had pushed harder to negotiate that total down. I think the urgency of rebuilding our Obama-destroyed military made him accept the deal soomer than he otherwise would have.

On the LGBT thing, Trump has continued Obama's gay protections that if he was truly hostile to gays, Trump would have done away with. The only policy I've seen of Trump's that was resistant to gays was transgenders in the military. And my answer to that is the same: Bradley Manning.

People with a transgender identity crisis with obvious psychological issues should perhaps not be given the access to put millions of documents and military intelligence at risk.
That again goes to the issue of gays apparently having more regard for a gay flag than for the American flag.

Enrolling in the military should also not be a way for transgender freaks to have the government pay for a sex change either.

brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Grenell

Trump is so anti-gay he appointed a gay ambassador to Germany, an important and key ally of the United States.

By the way, John Christopher Stevens (the U.S. ambassador who died in the Benghazi attack on 9-11-2012) was gay. You could argue that the negligence od both Obama and Hilary is what got him killed. I'm sure if he was killed because of the negligence of a Republican white house, it would be played that way by Democrat leadership and the liberal media. Whereas his death due to the negligence of a Democrt administration is ignored by the liberal media.

Link Copied to Clipboard