Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Officially "too old for this shit"
15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
The Walking Dead will reportedly come to a surprise end with this week's #193 from writer Robert Kirkman and artist Charlie Adlard, according to Bleeding Cool.

Bleeding Cool reports that the 71-page The Walking Dead #193 will be the series' final issue, despite not having been solicited as such - and subsequent issues solicited for release in August and September.

"I’m upset, too. I’m going to miss it as much as you will, if not more so. It breaks my heart that I had to end it. and we have to move on but I just love this world too much to stretch things out until it doesn’t live up to what I want it to be," reads a purported partial statement from Kirkman. "I hope you understand. I hope you. dear reader, know how much I appreciate the gift you have given me. I got to tell my story exactly how I wanted to, for 193 issues, and end it on my terms, with no interference at all along the way… at any point. That’s such a rare thing, and it doesn’t exist without the unyielding support this series got from readers like you. Thank you so much."

Image Comics Publisher Eric Stephenson seemingly confirmed the news, offering a statement on the matter.

https://www.newsarama.com/45841-the-walking-dead-193-spoilers.html

brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts

That sounds like a barely veiled creator-publisher dispute, where they decided very suddenly to part ways.

It seems odd they wouldn't end the series with an even 200-issue run.
But hey, whatever, 193 issues is a very respectable run.

15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Wonder Boy

It seems odd they wouldn't end the series with an even 200-issue run.

Someplace I read that the number of issues published , when you include double sized issues and a couple of bonus pages, coincides with the trade paperback collections.

brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts

Damn:

https://www.mycomicshop.com/search?q=walking+dead&pubid=&PubRng=

Including WALKING DEAD series by other publishers that far preceded the TV series, that's a heck of a lot more than 200 issues!

They sure didn't worry about "stretching things out until it doesn't live up to that" in the televised series.

Link Copied to Clipboard