Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
OP Offline
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts

Laura Ingraham devoted her opening monologue and a lot of her program to Biden on Wednesday:

The Ingraham Angle March 20, 2019

Biden and his sons have enriched themselves supporting globalist interests.

I actually read about some of this back in 2010 in Michelle Malkin's book Culture of Corruption on the corruption within the Democrat party.

I have equal contempt for many in the Republican party, such as John Boehner and Paul Ryan, who undermined their own voters and sided with corrupt Democrats to enrich themselves on corporate/globalist lobbyist and campaign donors, and even more so becoming lobbyists after leaving office for these befefactors. Boehner is now a rich man working for the Marijuana lobby.
Also covered in Obamanomics by Timothy Carney, and Clinton Cash by Peter Schweitzer. The ruling class in both parties who enrich themselves with lobbyist money, to advance globalist/corporate interests.

I used to think it was just the Democrats. But many Republicans also give only lip service to defending our sovereignty, jobs, border security and national interests. While many Republicans front to be in opposition to the statist, authoritarian, sovereignty-crushing and open-borders policies of the Democrats, and in fact are financially supported by them. And are thus fake stage props of opposition to the Democrats/globalists. But in truth are just as much bought and paid for sellouts as Biden.

brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
OP Offline
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts

The liberal media did Trump a favor in the last few days with this manufactured deep-state "whistle blover" story alleged about Trump's phone call with the Ukranian government.

It has made Biden's blackmail of the Ukranian government, to deny Ukraine over a billion dollars in much-needed U.S. aid, unless the Ukranian president fired the investigator of Biden's son. Which Ukraine did. And Biden bragged about it on video. But of course, you only see that clip on Fox News and OAN, the Newspeak liberal media pretends that footage of Biden doesn't exist. If/when Biden is the nominee, I would carpet-bomb the airwaves of that footage of Biden boasting about his corruption till even the liberal media is forced to report the facts.

Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
If they have Biden on tape saying what you claim than why did Trump have to keep pressuring the Ukrainian government to investigate one of his political opponents? And if Trump was doing that, doesn't that constitute an abuse of his power? I would point out Trump was withholding aid for Ukrain and it was only because of bipartisan pressure from both sides that made it happen. I think voters will kick his fat lying corrupt ass out in '20 before he's actually impeached if it's any consolation

Fair play!
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
OP Offline
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Matter-eater Man
If they have Biden on tape saying what you claim than why did Trump have to keep pressuring the Ukrainian government to investigate one of his political opponents? And if Trump was doing that, doesn't that constitute an abuse of his power? I would point out Trump was withholding aid for Ukrain and it was only because of bipartisan pressure from both sides that made it happen. I think voters will kick his fat lying corrupt ass out in '20 before he's actually impeached if it's any consolation

That's a lying narrative, designed to bypass the many examples of prosecutaable corruption of Joseph Biden, that his friends in high places have prevented investigation and prosecution off... so far.

The Ukranian goverment was offering the U.S. government evidence since at least 2016, that an Obama-controlled, and Hillary friendly DOJ and FBI ignored. Likewise when Jeff Sessions was appointed, he for some reason recused himself and did not appoint anyone to investigate, leaving Rod Rosenstein (a charter member of the Deep State) in charge of the investigation, essentially assigning one of those at the center of the corruption to investigate the corruption, assuring it would not be investigated.
It was only with the appointment of William Barr as attorney general that a true investigation began. As with the investigations of the FBI and DOJ and Fusion GPS and the DNC, many people were not willing to come forward, knowing it was previously a Soviet-style investigation, not one intended to actually lead to prosecution. Why would anyone put themselves at risk for what they did not trust to be an actual investigation? Trump was assuring the Ukranians that unlike before when evidence was offered and ignored, that this is a real investigation under new management, and that this time we want their offered evidence and their full cooperation in actually pursuing justice.

No one knows what was said in Trump's conversations with the Ukranian leadership (even the alleged unnamed "whistleblower" apparently only saw a partial transcript of the conversation after the fact) but it is completely appropriate for Trump to say There is a serious investigation now, not a fake one, and we want all the information that you tried to send us before that was ignored by corrupt investigators. There is no evidence that Trump did anything wrong, that he offered any quid pro quo to manufacture a case against a political opponent. He just asked for Ukraine's records and cooperation in doing a proper investigation of Biden and his son. Biden, who openly boasted about witholding over a billion dollars in U.S. aid to Ukraine unless the investigator was fired, WHICH THE UKRANIAN PRESIDENT UNDER THAT PRESSURE DID.

VERY CLEAR:
1) Biden's son, Hunter Biden had absolutely no experience in the energy industry, or in business related to Ukraine or China, but in both countries he signed billion-dollar contracts, for which he personally was paid millions, in Ukraine alone recieving up to $50,000 a month (reporters Mollie Hemingway has elsewhere cited payments over $80,000 a month). Clearly not for his professional ability, but because of his political connections, the son of a vice president.

2) Hunter Biden was protected by a threat of witholding billions in funds to the Ukranian government. That Joseph Biden openly bragged about, on video

3) Hunter Biden quit his corrupt job in early April 2019, less than 3 weeks before Joe Biden announced his presidential bid on April 25th, to prevent that from being active corruption that would interfere with his father's presidential bid.

4) John Kerry's stepson, Christopher Heinz, son had been in business with Hunter Biden, but distanced himself from Hunter Biden, when Hunter Biden began his corrupt and lucrative deal with the Ukranian company.

If you want further examples of Biden's corruption over the decades, pick up Michelle Malkin's book Culture of Corruption detailing Joe Biden's decades of enriching himself on corruption and inside deals, laid out in the very first chapter. Biden lives way beyond his means, on money he never earned.
Malkin's book is about the corruption in the entire Demcorat party, that is just Biden's small slice of that corrupt pie.

• from Do Racists have lower IQ's...

Liberals who bemoan discrimination, intolerance, restraint of Constitutional freedoms, and promotion of hatred toward various abberant minorities, have absolutely no problem with discriminating against, being intolerant of, restricting Constitutional freedoms of, and directing hate-filled scapegoat rhetoric against conservatives.

EXACTLY what they accuse Republicans/conservatives of doing, is EXACTLY what liberals/Democrats do themselves, to those who oppose their beliefs.
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
I'm fine with corruption being investigated but that also involves a President asking another country to investigate his political opponent. And Trump and lackies making accusations are not evidence btw.

Fair play!
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
OP Offline
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
I'm fine with corruption being investigated but that also involves a President asking another country to investigate his political opponent. And Trump and lackies making accusations are not evidence btw.

When the Democrats and the lying Democrat Newspeak media can identify who the "whistleblower" is who made the allegation about Trump, or even what Trump said that was allegedly shady (as I said, even the "whistleblower" himself is said to have only seen a partial transcript of Trump's phone conversation with the Ukranians), then maybe anyone out there can take these allegations seriously. As opposed to another slanderous and disproven allegation against Trump, one of many easily disproven as partisan lies in the last few weeks. Another deep state/liberal media collaborative lying false narrative. With absolutely no facts to support it.

The Democrat allegations are just so much horseshit. Like the New York Times narrative that fell apart in the last few days attempting to revive the Brett Kavenaugh sexual allegations. Their key witness, Deborah Ramirez (a Democrat partisan true idealogue true believer) won't aanswer calls from the media, and her friends have all said she has no memory of the alleged attack. And the allegedly neutral front person who made the allegation is revealed to be a longtime Clinton-employed lawyer who bitterly opposed Kavanaugh over the Whitewater investigation. There's partisan motive from everyone involved in this false narrativee including the two lying New York Times reporters who desperately want publicity to sell their book.

I'm hard pressed to think of any narrative about Trump from CNN, the New York Times or the Washington Post or MSNBC that hasn't blown up in their faces, and has lasted more than a week without being demonstrated to be absolute lies and completely fabricated.

Liberals who bemoan discrimination, intolerance, restraint of Constitutional freedoms, and promotion of hatred toward various abberant minorities, have absolutely no problem with discriminating against, being intolerant of, restricting Constitutional freedoms of, and directing hate-filled scapegoat rhetoric against conservatives.

EXACTLY what they accuse Republicans/conservatives of doing, is EXACTLY what liberals/Democrats do themselves, to those who oppose their beliefs.
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
I would point out that Trump has admitted he brought up investigating Biden to the Ukrainian president and earlier Giuliani claimed he did ask Ukrain to investigate Biden. we also know the IG inspector thought the whistle blower complaint was credible and urgent and that it's Trump that is keeping it from legally being forwarded. It's your guy that is trying to hide information.

Fair play!
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
OP Offline
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts

Yeah, Trump said to the Ukranian president: You were trying to forward information to the Obama DOJ and the Jeff Sessions DOJ and no one wanted to look at it. We have a real attorney general now with William Barr, and we're doing a real investigation, so we'd like you to send the information you tried to before, along with any additional information, so we can for the first time do AN ACTUAL INVESTIGATION.

The false narrative allegations that it's payback by Trump on the Dems, or that there were threats to the Ukranian government to leverage them to comply, are just more baseless urban myth by the insurrectionist deep state and their enabling brethren Democrat Newspeak media.

The irony is, the ACTUAL coercion and illegal "collusion" with Russia and Ukraine was by the DNC, the Hillary Clinton campaign, Glenn Simpson/Fusion GPS, and their vicious co-plotters in the DOJ, FBI, State Department, and CIA, along with Russian agents they contracted to spy on, infiltrate, and smear in the Trump Campaign.
Everything Democrats accuse Trump officials of doing, are EXACTLY what Democrats themselves have been doing, with a clear incriminating trail of money, e-mails and text messages. The illegal FISA warrants, the texts, the meetings with CIA and FBI lead right to the Obama White House.
And increasingly I'm seeing state attorneys and CIA field supervisors like Tony Shaffer say there is absolutely no way FISA surveillance of the Trump campaign wasn't personally approved and briefed at every stage to president Obama himself. Shaffer has said that surveillance of far less important officials required White House/presidential approval.
The FBI, DOJ and CIA names involved are well known at this point.
There is no coercion needed by Trump, the evidence is right there, for any prosecutors who have the will to investigate and prosecute it.
And Barr and Durham are finally doing that, by the book.

And Democrats and the liberal media are just desperately looking for any slander to discredit the first legitimate, for real investigation of the facts.

https://www.conservapedia.com/Russian_collusion_hoax

https://www.conservapedia.com/Fake_news

https://www.conservapedia.com/Deep_state_coup

Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Given that that this administration is hiding what Trump said to Ukrain that the IG said was urgent and credible I think only partisans like yourself really feel that way about "real investigations". Trump declared Biden guilty based on what? If the evidence is there than shouldn't that be presented first? Instead we get tweets making accusations by somebody hiding what he said. I think this is once again Trump abusing his power and being unfit for office.

Fair play!
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
OP Offline
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts

Given that that this administration is hiding what Trump said to Ukrain that the IG said was urgent and credible I think only partisans like yourself really feel that way about "real investigations". Trump declared Biden guilty based on what? If the evidence is there than shouldn't that be presented first? Instead we get tweets making accusations by somebody hiding what he said. I think this is once again Trump abusing his power and being unfit for office.

I was going to create a separate topic for the impeachment inquiry the Democrats announced today. But it's not an impeachment, it's just another Democrat deception, a head-fake to appease their base.

But the questions it raises about the corruption of Joseph Biden and his son Hunter Biden is already tanking Biden's campaign, and will further damage the entire Democrat party. I'm just going to pop another bag of popcorn and keep watching while you guys destroy yourselves.

I highly recommend you watch the re-broadcast of Tucker Carlson's progam at midnight. This is the most gratifying news I've seen since election night 2016. Your party is committing suicide, and they don't even realize it, as they rant multiple contradictory conspiracy theories. You guys are buying this, the rest of America is not buying it, and repelled from the Democrats by it.

Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
I'm to busy for partisan talking heads from either side WB. I'm fine with Biden being investigated too but the "evidence " so far doesn't match Trump's rhetoric. Do you think he's being a virtuous truth teller here? I get why Dems are starting the impeachment process. Trump's actions demand it. I also can see why Pelosi didn't want to start it before now. Hopefully we'll get to see what the whistleblower had to say that the IG saw as credible and urgent. From reports I've seen this whistleblower does want to speak with Congress. In any case I think with a republican controlled senate it will be up to the voters to get Trump out. And that is the best way of removing a president.

Fair play!
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
OP Offline
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
I'm to busy for partisan talking heads from either side WB. I'm fine with Biden being investigated too but the "evidence " so far doesn't match Trump's rhetoric.

As I linked above, Biden bragged on video that he wanted Ukraine's prosecutor fired, and issued an ultimatume that Ukraine would not get a billion dollars in aid from the U.S. if the prosecutor was not fired (a Ukranian prosecutor who the State Department had just informed VP Biden that his son Hunter Biden was about to be investigated and interviewed by the prosecutor. And "well son of a bitch! He got fired..." in less than 6 hours, at which point Ukrain got its 1 billion in aid.
That, my friend, is intimidation and corruption.

Originally Posted By: M E M
Do you think he's [Trump is] being a virtuous truth teller here?
Yes. What slightest evidence is there that Trump is not?

Trump today released the entire transcript of his phone conversation with the Ukranian president (something that has never been asked for or done of a previous U.S. president's communication with a foreign leader). An outrageous demaand, but Trump released it because he has nothing to hide.
Also today, Trump had a joint press conference with the Ukranian president, where Ukranian president Zelensky made clear it was a very routine diplomatic conversation, and there was no pressure, no intimidation, no blackmail, no undue influence in Trump's request for records on the former V P Biden's dealings with the Ukranian government.
This is yet another example of the vicious Democrats slandering Trump. For decades, Democrats have been the party of treason, weak against communism, undermining U.S. military defense against China, meeting with the Russians while Ronald Reagan was negotiating missile reductions in the late 1980's, siding against the U.S. during the Vietnam war, during the Persian Gulf war, during the Iraq war, Democrats FOR DECADES giving free publicity and legitimacy to the enemy's anti-America propaganda talking points. And even Hillary Clinton and the broader DNC engaged in enabling and spreading Russian propaganda during the 2016 election through Glenn Simpson/Fusion GPS/Christopher Steele and their propaganda directly pipelined from Russian intelligence agentss... these are the people who have the audacity to front a narrative that Trump and his mean are "Russian assets" and acting treasonously against the U.S.

And now... the same thing again. Biden and his son Hunter Biden have clearly acted to enrich themselves in corrupt deals, and Biden has openly boasted >>>>ON VIDEO<<<< about his intimidation and blackmail. But now Democrats are trying to flip the table and manufacture a case that Trump engaged in intimidation and blackmail of the Ukranian leadershi to extort dirt on Biden. A few points:
1) The Ukranian government, far from needing to be blackmailed to give information on Joseph Biden and his son, have been offering this information to the State Department, DOJ and FBI for years, but these U.S. agencies have shown a complete lack of interest (before William Barr took office). Far from being leveraged, they are only again presenting information that they have for roughly 3 years, and Hunter Biden's corruption goes back in Ukraine to at least 2014. This is absolutely not something Trump has created. The Biden corruption been there, and obviuous, for a very long time.
2) the phone transcript revealed today backs Trump up
3) the Ukranian president in a joint conference today backs Trump's account of their communication up.
4) the Burisma Holdings company records and money transfers through multiple countries (money laundering) backs Trump's request for records from the Ukranian government up. There is abundant evidence of Biden corruption. Beyond wild speculation by the likes of piece-of-excrement Rep Adam Schiff and Rep Nancy Pelosi, there is no evidence of Trump corruption or any pressure on Ukraine. It is a deliberate lie by Democrats to accuse Trump, to hide the actual corruption that leads right back to the Democrats.

Predictably, despite full disclosure by Trump, no credit is given for his open-ness, or for the lack of evidence against him.

And meanwhile, it hides and mutes any media coverage of his remarkable leadership at the U.N. conference the last two days.

I get why Dems are starting the impeachment process. Trump's actions demand it.

Yes. Because they are positioned to lose badly in 2020, and this is their last desperate bid to damage Trump, despite there being no evidence against Trump. They would destroy and balkanize the nation, just to make another desperate attempt to gain some short-term political advantage.

Originally Posted By: MEM
I also can see why Pelosi didn't want to start it before now.[/quopte]

Yes. Because Pelosi knows her party can't successfully impeach Trump, and to do an ACTUAL impeachment would not only fail, but would cause all the moderate Democrats in red or purple disctricts to lose and have their seats go to Republicans.
Pelosi is trying to walk a fine line, to talk impeachment, without doing an actual impeachment. But we'll see that what she's done with her head-fake to appease the far-left Democrat base, in just discussing impeachment, looks like an actual impeachment to moderate Dems and the rest of mainstream America, and it will quickly cause a precipitous drop in the polls for Dems. The craziness is on full display.

[quote=M E M]Hopefully we'll get to see what the whistleblower had to say that the IG saw as credible and urgent. From reports I've seen this whistleblower does want to speak with Congress. In any case I think with a republican controlled senate it will be up to the voters to get Trump out. And that is the best way of removing a president.

We already know that the "whistleblower" (a misnomer)
1) filed their complaaint based on hearsay and doesn't have any firsthand knowledge, and when filed had only seen a partial transcript of Trump's Ukraaine phone call. So they didn't know anything, it was a scam, a front, a posturing PR stunt.
2) that the person who filed the whistleblower report is a partisan for one of the Democrat candidates, with a partisan motive to defame Trump.
3) That the whistleblower laws are to report suspcius activity in the intelligence community (FBI, DOJ, CIA, NSA, DNI). The president is outside of that intelligence loop, so beyond the fact that it is a false accusation, that whistleblower law was never set up to include the presidency.

President Trump has complied far more than any other president, has quickly shown transparency and full disclosure. And his full disclosure shows that he has nothing to hide.

Meanwhile, uninvestigated:
1) Obama's treason, never deposed, never investigated, regarding the FISA warrants, the IRS weaponization against Tea Party and religious groups, and large donors like Frank Vansersloot.
And, of course, Obama's rtreasonous open-mic moment:
OBAMA: "This is my last election. I can be much more flexible after this election."
MEDVEDEV (Eagerly!:] "Yes! I will traansmit this information to Vladimir [Putin]."

2) A) Hillary Clinton's private e-mail server that compromised U.S. national security every day of her 4 years as secretary of state to the Russians and Chinese, ripe for the hacking.
B) Hillary's deleting 33,000 e-mails, after they were subpoenaed by House/Senate investigative committees and the FBI/DOJ.
C) Hillary's pay-to-play selling of State Department access to foreign governments in exchage for about $150 million in Clinton Foundation donations.
D) not to mention multiple other illegal dirty tricks during the 2016 campaign, including her millions in payments to Fusion GPS, where unlike Trump, the Clinton campaign >>>ACTUALLY DID<<< directly pay for information from Russian agents, two of them highly placed Russian intelligence officials.

The chasm between what Dems accuse Trump of, vs. what they ignore overwhelming evidence of in the ranks of their own party, is just amazing. The bottom line is clear: Democrats don't care about actual corruption, they only care about what will eliminate Trump and other Republicans, and give Democrats power. No laws, not ethics, whatever will give Democrats power. Power to abuse and further destroy the nation.

Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Wow. I think if it was a democrat president that personally withheld military aid to a country before personally asking that country's president to investigate his political opponent with an assist from his personal lawyer and the head of his justice department I would know better than try to spin like you have. Thankfully there are enough patriotic republicans that were willing to force the military aid that was being held mysteriously and also an unanimous vote on a committee that also forced Trump to make his request public as well as the whistleblower stuff.

Fair play!
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
With the conversation now made public we now know Trump asked a foreign country to investigate his political rival while he was withholding military aid to that country. That wasn't done for the country but for his own personal gain at the expense of our country. And it looks like he had help trying to hide his actions.

Fair play!
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
OP Offline
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
Wow. I think if it was a democrat president that personally withheld military aid to a country before personally asking that country's president to investigate his political opponent with an assist from his personal lawyer and the head of his justice department I would know better than try to spin like you have. Thankfully there are enough patriotic republicans that were willing to force the military aid that was being held mysteriously and also an unanimous vote on a committee that also forced Trump to make his request public as well as the whistleblower stuff.

Obama did withold foreign aid from Ukraine, the whole time that country was invaded in his latter 3 years!

Obama gave them blankets and canned food rations.
Since Trump became president, we've given them guns and planes and anti-tank missiles to actually defend themselves. If you believe Obama was providing for Ukraine's defense, M E M, you are absolutely out of your mind!

Meanwhile, you ignore that Senators Menendez, Leahy and Durbin sent a threatening letter actually doing what they falsely accuse Trump of doing.

It was astonishing to watch Rep. Adam Schiff flatout lie and make up a fake paraphrase of the Trump/Ukraine released phone conversation during House hearings today. So much of a lie, so disgusting, so strong was the backlash, that Schiff had to walk it back later in the day and say his earlier pseudo-transcribed Trump comments were "a parody" and "kidding". Yeah, funny as a dead cat. He wasn';t kidding, he was trying to float a lie.

brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
OP Offline
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts

With the conversation now made public we now know Trump asked a foreign country to investigate his political rival while he was withholding military aid to that country. That wasn't done for the country but for his own personal gain at the expense of our country. And it looks like he had help trying to hide his actions.

No one outside of MediaMatters and the lying Democrat Central Committee is fronting that lie.

Former FBI/DOJ investigators and legal scholars like Alan Dershowitz (a liberal Democrat) are saying Trump's phrasing in his phone conversation with the Ukranian president ("hey, can you do me a favor...") were an unfortunate word choice but clearly not engaging in quid pro quo.
Again, the Ukranian president himself said yesterday in a joint press conference that it was a very friendly and commonplace diplomatic conversation, and that he was not in any way intimidated, coerced or threatened by Trump. The only discussion of military aid to Ukraine discussed between them was that the U.S. aid to Ukraine will continue, but that Trump would like to see other European nations offer more military aid to Ukraine, since the Russian military threat to Ukraine also threatens Germany, France and other Europeans as well, far beyond just Ukraine.

Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Actually you would be calling it treason if a democrat did it. And I saw the transcript so don't bother trying to spin it. It's a fact Trump withheld the military aid also a fact that while doing so asked Ukrain to investigate somebody that polls show would beat him in '20.

Fair play!
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
OP Offline
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts

Actually you would be calling it treason if a democrat did it. And I saw the transcript so don't bother trying to spin it. It's a fact Trump withheld the military aid also a fact that while doing so asked Ukrain to investigate somebody that polls show would beat him in '20.

You mean the same pollsters who said Hillary Clinton would win in a landslide in 2016, and that Trump couldn't overcome the electoral "blue wall"? It was only after the election that Democrat leadership and the Newspeak liberal media ever changed the subject from that electoral vote, and after relentlessly talked about the popular vote.

As I've said before, liberal pollsters rig the polls and stack the polls with a heavier sample of Democrat voters, to psychologically undermine Republicans and convince them of the inevitability of a Dukakis, Bill Clinton, Gore, Kerry, Obama, or Hillary Clinton victory. Dukakis was projected to win in 1988 by 17 points, how'd that election actually work out?

Regarding the released phone conversation, I'm capable of reading too.
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trumps-ukraine-call-transcript-read-the-document
I just don't buy the liberal spin of it.

If the phone conversation said what you allege it does, piece-of-excrement Rep. Adam Schiff would have quoted it, not lyingly paraphrased, not "parodied".
It doesn't say what you and the Bolsheviks in your party allege.

Zelensky has even said that Trump's battle against establishment corruption is what inspired him to run for president of Ukraine and pursue a similar battle against corruption. And AGAIN, Trump since his inauguration has been giving vast amounts of military aid to Ukraine that Obama never provided in the first 3 years of Russia's invasion. So spare me the posturing about Trump threatening or witholding aid. Democrats did nothing for Ukraine, for years.
Likewise in Syria.
Likewise Iran.
Likewise North Korea.

Trump has been pushing back against aggression on all fronts.
Democrats accuse Trump of weakness, to create a false narrative, and distract from the record of [Democrat weakness.

brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
OP Offline
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts

brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
OP Offline
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts

WHISTLEBLOWER'S LAWYER CONNECTED TO ANT-TRUMP LAW FIRM, WHOSE ADVERTISING SOLICITS FEDERAL LEAKERS

Quote:
by Steven Nelson, September 24, 2019

The anonymous U.S. intelligence official accusing President Trump of improperly pressuring Ukraine to investigate Joe Biden is represented by two lawyers who run a group that offers financial help to fired whistleblowers.

Whistleblower Aid was launched in September 2017 — eight months after Trump's inauguration — with an advertising blitz that involved mobile billboards being driven close to the White House, Congress, outside the Pentagon, and around the headquarters of the CIA and National Security Agency.

The group’s pledge of support, in addition to free legal representation including rent and mortgage assistance, media coaching, and doctor’s bills and counseling, is controversial among lawyers. Critics say it violates attorney ethics.

Whistleblower Aid was founded by veteran national security defense attorney Mark Zaid and John Tye, a whistleblower who worked to promote internet freedom at the State Department before warning of mass surveillance during the Obama administration. Andrew Bakaj, a former CIA officer who is associated with Zaid's firm, is also a lawyer for Whistleblower Aid.

Zaid and Bakaj represent the official who claimed whistleblower status in raising the case of the Ukraine call.

The official works at one of the 17 separate U.S. government intelligence agencies that are collectively referred to as "the intelligence community." Democrats say the official's revelations could justify impeachment if Trump requested that his potential 2020 Democratic challenger be investigated in return for withholding foreign aid.

It is unclear whether the nonprofit organization has provided assistance to the official or what financial arrangement there is between the official and attorneys Zaid and Bakaj. Whistleblower Aid launched with a $1.5 million donation from Tye.

Whistleblower Aid describes itself as "a pioneering, non-profit law firm that helps patriotic government employees and brave, private-sector workers report and publicize their concerns" with legal advice that "is confidential, but never ideological or partisan." Asked in 2017 about the timing of the group's launch, Tye said, "We want to advise people what to do, whether it's going to Congress, or an inspector general or Robert Mueller," referring to the special counsel handling the Russia investigation.

He added, "This is not a partisan effort. At the same time, yes, the rule of law starts with the office of the president. Like many other people, we are definitely concerned about things that are happening in the administration. The decision to fire [FBI Director] James Comey. The lack of transparency. A lot of people have questions about whether this administration respects the rule of law."

Tye told the Washington Examiner that the official who exposed the content of the Ukrainian call to the intelligence community’s inspector general did not connect with their attorneys through Whistleblower Aid’s encrypted communications platform. Asked whether the organization was "providing or standing ready to provide assistance" to the official, he replied, 'Yes, absolutely." He did not respond to additional requests for information.

He founded the group with Zaid after racking up $13,000 In legal bills when he hired Zaid to represent him. An article in the Chronicle of Philanthropy reported a recent uptick in informants for the group, which represented Simon Edelman, an Energy Department whistleblower who says he was fired after leaking to the press.

Zaid has long encouraged disclosures through official channels, scoffing at attorneys he says seek to make martyrs out of their clients.

Bakaj, the official’s lead attorney, is a himself a former intelligence community whistleblower. While working as an attorney at the CIA inspector general’s office in 2014, Bakaj reported an apparent cover-up to the intelligence community’s inspector general and then faced retaliation and an administrative suspension. He and Zaid are listed as being "of counsel" at each others’ law firms. Bakaj also leads Compass Rose Legal Group, which employs Chuck McCullough, a former intelligence community inspector general.

“Bakaj is a respected attorney who left the CIA in 2014 after facing professional retaliation for trying to work with intelligence community whistleblowers,” said Jesselyn Radack, an attorney who has represented whistleblowers Edward Snowden, Thomas Drake, and John Kiriakou. She also represents Daniel Hale, the most recent person charged with violating the Espionage Act for disclosing information to journalists.

Radack works at ExposeFacts, a different group that supports whistleblowers but does not pay the rent or mortgages of clients because of potential ethical issues.

The American Bar Association’s rules for avoiding conflicts of interest say that lawyers “may not subsidize lawsuits or administrative proceedings brought on behalf of their clients, including making or guaranteeing loans to their clients for living expenses, because to do so would encourage clients to pursue lawsuits that might not otherwise be brought and because such assistance gives lawyers too great a financial stake in the litigation.”

Whistleblower Aid says on its website that it’s able to offer “temporary rent or mortgage support” to fired employees, as well as “psycho-social counseling and treatment,” in addition to services such as public relations coaching. Tye said he believed this was "100% compliant with applicable ethics rules," and points to the DC Bar's Rules of Professional Conduct, which allow "financial assistance which is reasonably necessary to permit the client to institute or maintain the litigation or administrative proceedings."

Zaid and Bakaj did not respond to requests for comment.

The official alleges Trump made a “promise” during a July 25 call with Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky. Trump acknowledged discussing Biden on the call but denies misconduct, countercharging that Biden corruptly forced the firing of a Ukrainian prosecutor investigating a company that hired Biden’s son Hunter.

Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
I'm going by the polls WB, all of them that I've seen. That includes the Fox ones that Trump complains about. Have you seen any polls showing Trump beating Trump's political rivals? Considering that Trump just got caught asking a foreign country to try to dig up dirt on his top rival after freezing their military aid, I think he's aware that he's in trouble. Again if a democrat had abused his power in such a way you would be calling him a traitor. Or do you believe it's okay for a president to ask a foreign country to investigate political rivals?

Fair play!
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
OP Offline
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts

I'm going by the polls WB, all of them that I've seen. That includes the Fox ones that Trump complains about. Have you seen any polls showing Trump beating Trump's political rivals?

1) It's very early in the polls, over a year before the election.
2) as we've discussed here before, the polls are done by liberals, and manipulat e the sampling by surveying a disproportionate amount of Democrats, to make the polls appear to favor Democrats more than they actually do.
3) Dukakis in 1988 was shown in polls to win by 17 points. How did that election actually work out?
4) Polls said Hillary Clinton would win in a "Blue wall" landslide in 2016, how did THAT election actually work out?
5) Trump voters are known not to trust Democrat pollsters and the liberal media, and are thus less likely to disclose their support of Trump to the media.
6) The New York Times, of all places, a few months ago ran an article citing the 3 pollsters whose models had most accurately predicted the 2016 election, and all of them show Trump winning in 2020.
7) Lou Dobbs cited a poll of over 300 corporate CEO's, and all of them were confident that Trump will win re-election.
8) in the last week, both Rep. Al Green and Rep. Nancy Pelosi have admitted that they are pursuing impeachment because they see Trump otherwise winning re-election, and it is an end-run attempt to prevent Trump's otherwise inevitable re-election.

Considering that Trump just got caught asking a foreign country to try to dig up dirt on his top rival [Joseph Biden] after freezing their military aid...

No, that's a twisting of the facts:

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump-u...eachment-frenzy

https://www.nationalreview.com/2019/09/why-trump-did-nothing-wrong-in-his-phone-call-with-zelensky/

Trump has a three-year history of questioning foreign aid to countries, and screening it for corruption before releasing the funds, most notably denying aid to Pakistan.

And far from using witholding of aid to Ukraine for intimidation purposes, the Ukraninan government was not even aware there was a delay of 30 days in Ukranian aid when that aid was again continued. It is another Democrat lie, to insinuate a connection to Trump's phone call and request from Zelensky for records regarding Crowdstrike, Burisma Holdings, the 2016 election and Russsia Dossier, and Joseph Biden and his son.
I above linked the complete transcript above of the Trump/Zelensky phone conversation. There were no threats, there was no mention of witholding foreign aid to Ukraine.

I think he's aware that he's in trouble. Again if a democrat had abused his power in such a way you would be calling him a traitor. Or do you believe it's okay for a president to ask a foreign country to investigate political rivals?

It might give your opinion the slightest credibility if you didn't demonstrate complete disinterest in the facts regarding "abuse of power" and "treason" that is FAR more evident in Democrat actions over the last few years:

1) Obama's above VIDEOTAPED secret conversation with Medvedev, where he promised Russia easier military terms after his re-election, after he successfully deceived the American people.

2) Obama's weaponization of the IRS to harass and intimidate Tea Party and religious conservative groups in 2010-2012, to prevent them from fundraising and successfully campaigning against Obama. AND harassing large Republican campaign donors. That allowed Obama by deceitful means to narrowly win re-election with 51% of the vote. As well as many key battleground districts where Obama mysteriously won with 100% of the vote, some even more than 100%.

3) Hillary Clinton's illegal private e-mail server, that allowed China and Russia to hack into her communications and know in real time every communication she had with the White House staff, State Department and Pentagon EVERY SINGLE DAY FOR 4 YEARS she was secretary of state.
And that Barack Obama (who alleged he didn't know about the illegals server) communicated with her all that time under a fake user-name (i.e., Obama's self-incriminating consciousness of guilt). That represents several counts of prosecutable federal crimes and high treason.

4) Hillary Clinton's selling of State Department access, in exchange for at least $150 million in donations by foreign governments to the Clinton Foundation. Again, multiple prosecutable federal crimes, and treason, selling out the United States government to foreign powers, variations of what Benedict Arnold was guilty of.

5) Corruption of FBI, DOJ, CIA, State Department, and other federal agencies, Deep State Hillary/Obama operatives, who sabotaged the FBI/DOJ investigation and prosecution of Hillary Clinton over her illegal e-mail server and her 33,000 deleted e-mails (after they were subpoenaed by the FBI and Congressional investigators), and the same deep staters who manufactured a false evidence against Donald Trump.

That's 5 areas of "abuse of power" and "treason" you seem to have no interest in, with far more evidence to support them than the allegations against Donald Trump.

In the case of the "whistleblower" allegations, they (the CIA apparently, John Brennan protege Gina Haspel) changed the rules to allow second-hand knowledge and hearsay to make an allegation, within the last few months. And incredibly, expanded whistleblower-triggered investigation to someone not even working in the an intelligence field position, but able to trrigger a backdoor investigation against the President of the United States. In what appears to be the very first whistleblower case of this kind, against anyone.
You don't see anything unusual about this?!?

1) an anonymous whistleblower
2) by his/her account, on hearsay evidence, not firsthand knowledge
3) for allegations against Trump still unknown
4) by a known liberal partisan with allegiance to one of Trump's Democrat 2020 opponents
5) with a very strange "whistleblower" report that seems assembled by a team of Democrat lawyers rather than by a CIA field agent.

You have a remarkable double-standard, M E M. That enables the Bolshevik tendencies of your party.

brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
OP Offline
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts

brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
OP Offline
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts

JOSEPH BIDEN DENIED COMMUNION IN SOUTH CAROLINA, OVER HIS DECIDEDLY UN-CATHOLIC ABORTION STANCE

I know Biden is a dead candidate walking at this point, but it's still worth pointing out. Amid the Defcon-5 level scary in the Democrat party, Biden is the one candidate moderates are aligning with, as a halfway sane alternative. But I'm hard pressed to see what is "moderate" or even civil about Biden's views.

I think the death-blow to his candidacy will be the New Hampshire primary.

Would that that there were something to the right of Lenin-Stalin in the Democrat Party to replace Biden. 24 Democrat primary candidates, any one of whom would burn America to the ground.

brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
OP Offline
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
I'm going by the polls WB, all of them that I've seen. That includes the Fox ones that Trump complains about. Have you seen any polls showing Trump beating Trump's political rivals? Considering that Trump just got caught asking a foreign country to try to dig up dirt on his top rival after freezing their military aid, I think he's aware that he's in trouble. Again if a democrat had abused his power in such a way you would be calling him a traitor. Or do you believe it's okay for a president to ask a foreign country to investigate political rivals?

You mean... the way all the polls said Hillary Clinton would win in a landslide in 2016?

\:lol\:

Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
I think it was enough to convince Trump to actually withhold foreign aid to Ukraine while asking for an investigation. Another witness testified that he tried to add edits to the rough transcript of Trump focusing on Biden. You can laugh it off but I'm angry that Trump abused the office in such a clear corrupt way.

Fair play!

Link Copied to Clipboard