Print Thread
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
OP Offline
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foo_fighter

Quote:
The term foo fighter was used by Allied aircraft pilots in World War II to describe various UFOs or mysterious aerial phenomena seen in the skies over both the European and Pacific theaters of operations.

Though "foo fighter" initially described a type of UFO reported and named by the U.S. 415th Night Fighter Squadron, the term was also commonly used to mean any UFO sighting from that period.[1] Formally reported from November 1944 onwards, witnesses often assumed that the foo fighters were secret weapons employed by the enemy.

The Robertson Panel explored possible explanations, for instance that they were electrostatic phenomena similar to St. Elmo's fire, electromagnetic phenomena, or simply reflections of light from ice crystals.[2]

The WW II-era term for a UFO, that U.S. pilots and intelligence believed to be experimental/advanced Nazi aircraft. But may have been actual UFO's.

Also interesting that it's comics-related, based on a "foo" catch-phrase from a 1930's comic strip that one of the pilots was an avid reader of.

There's a whole myth/conspiracy theory, expanding from that belief in Nazi-made UFO aircraft, that expands into secret weapons, and secret Nazi colonies in Antarctica, and that Hitler and other Nazis might have survived the war, living in a secret utopia, or even expanding to space travel, time travel, or planning a new war of global conquest. Or that the Nazis obtained their advanced technology from a crashed alien ship. A Nazi Roswell.

Officially "too old for this shit"
15000+ posts
15000+ posts

Man, hard to believe this song is already 20 years old

brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
OP Offline
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts

Foo Fighters (the rock band, not the UFO category) was honestly not one of my favorites. I like them better in retrospect, as part of that decade or so of the grunge/rock era.

"Times Like These" -Foo Fighters

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Wonder Boy

Foo Fighters (the rock band, not the UFO category) was honestly not one of my favorites. I like them better in retrospect, as part of that decade or so of the grunge/rock era.

"Times Like These" -Foo Fighters

I don't like a ton of their songs but the ones I like, I really like. That being said, I'm kind of more partial to the Glen Campbell cover of that one.

Link Copied to Clipboard