Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Online Argumentative
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Anonymous source by a newspaper you only believe when it benefits your partisan interests. On the other hand there’s Obama’s very public support and endorsement of Biden. But I know for Trump supporters who think “I take no responsibility “ is wonderful leadership it really doesn’t matter.

Fair play!
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
OP Offline
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Matter-eater Man
Anonymous source by a newspaper you only believe when it benefits your partisan interests. On the other hand there’s Obama’s very public support and endorsement of Biden. But I know for Trump supporters who think “I take no responsibility “ is wonderful leadership it really doesn’t matter.

So you admit that the New York Times is a liberal-partisan propaganda weapon?

I posted using the N Y Times as a source, so that you couldn't label it as a "right wing" source. This is the liberal media, and even they see what a lousy candidate Biden is, that even Obama wants to distance himself from.

Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Online Argumentative
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
I’ve seen Obama’s endorsement of Biden now and he’s always maintained that choosing Biden as VP back in 2008 was his best decision. It’s pretty apparent how Obama really feels towards Biden. I can’t see the original reporting from the Times without paying but given Obama’s clear public support for Biden trump whatever private reservations Obama might have had.

Let me also point out that you make it clear that anonymous sourced NYT articles are credible only when you like what they say. It’s fairly evident that the Times isn’t a “liberal propaganda weapon” as they run stories like this.

Fair play!
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
OP Offline
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts

Even a broken watch is right twice a day. And similarly, the New York Times.

Kind of like how Factcheck and Politifact sites target Republicans and conservatives 75% of the time, but a mere 25% of the time factcheck Democrats, to give some semblance of balanced coverage.

Somewhere along the line, almost imperceptibly, Biden in the last week through some kind of osmosis gathered enough delegates needed to offiicially become the Democrat nominee.
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/biden-goes-over-the-top-clinching-democratic-nomination

brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
OP Offline
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts

This editorial from Monday, June 22, on Laura Ingraham's show:

Ingraham: Rallying for America - June 22, 2020, Monday

Citing how Biden is hiding in his basement, despite Trump's return to conducting rallies, with an appearance in Tulsa, Oklahoma last Saturday.
And how Democrats are attacking Trump for going public again, because they know it will be the death of Biden's chances at getting elected. How Dems condemn Republicans for opening businesses, churches, and Trump rallies, as a way to shut down their political oppossition.

Ingraham in the latter half cites the states with the worst economic recovery (all but one Democrat), and the ten that are doing the best (all ten Republican states).

There is no longer any logic or "science" to Democrat lockdowns. The only rationale is to stop Trump, to leverage their own political advantage.
3 weeks of Black Lives Matter rallies in cities nationwide, the Bolshevik-Democrat party deems as good. It rallies the Democrats politically, while torching the country.
A week later a Trump rally in Tulsa, Oklahoma. Ohh this is terrible, crazy! You're spreading coronaviruss.

Gotta love that double standard. Trump's supporters didn't tear down 20 Covid-19 testing centers, by the way. Biden's did.
Vive le resistence!

Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Online Argumentative
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Before the protesters Florida had packed beaches. Most of the protesters I saw wore masks unlike those at the beaches. Both groups were outdoors though and I wonder if that made a difference as neither Florida or Minnesota saw a big spike a week or two after. Florida is seeing their rate skyrocket to the point where I believe your republican governor is having to backtrack. What I find illogical is Trump putting out guidelines and you trying to blame democrats for following them to a degree. In truth all states have reopened faster than what the guidelines Trump originally put out. Granted it didn’t take long for him to abandon them unofficially but the Trump administration still uses them officially. Besides Florida, Texas and California are also seeing huge gains. Trump after his failed Tulsa rally where his people removed social distancing that was in place with the seating before letting the public in, has now canceled the next rally.

It’s just bizarre seeing your spin WB with all that going on. You know these things just as well as I do. Why bother?

Fair play!
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Online Argumentative
Fair Play!
15000+ posts

Fair play!
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
OP Offline
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts

brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
OP Offline
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts

Further, as reported on the Daily Ledger on OAN, the ratio of new cases could entirely be due to the massive uptick in new testing, and the percentage of new cases, though up, is less as a percentage in proportion to the vastly increased new testing. The nation currently tests about 500,000 people a day. In Florida alone, almost 50,000 per day.

Further, there are two major areas of new testing that account for much of the spike:
1) Many companies, with now-available massive testing available, are testing every employee in their office, and this is turning up unsymptomatic cases. Many of whom are not contageous, or often unknowingly had it and now are long past it and have antibodies.
and
2) Now that hospitals are seeing patients again for every other kind of illness and elective surgery, all are tested before entering the hospital, and similarly are testing positive despite having no symptoms and not being contageous. It was cited that the spike in "hospitalizations" cases are possibly because they are listing cases that are not for Covid-19 illness, as if they were hospitalizations for serious Covid-19 illness. In truth, the level of Covid-19 deaths in the U.S. is down 90% from what it was 2 months ago in April. (i.e., it's a deceitful liberal narrative, calculated to undermine Trump). The average age of infected cases is now 35 (down from age 45 average) and overwhelmingly young hispanics. And obviously young people are at far lower risk of dying and having complications.

Again, if you look at nations like Britaain, France, Germany, Sweden, Portugal, Spain, Italy, Austraalia, even South Korea and China, all have had similar random outbreaks and setbacks. But according to the liberal media and the piece-of-shit Democrat leadership, it's unprecedented in the U.S., and is somehow Trump' fault, personally.

As Steve Hilton cited on his show tonight (Sunday), The United States has the lowest death rate for Covid-19 of any nation, with the one exception of Germany. Something you definitely won't see on CNN, MSNBC, or any other propaganda networks of the hate-Trump media.

Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Online Argumentative
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
I know Trump and Pence tried saying that it was because of increased testing but not even your governor is willing to push that lie. As I cited he shut your bars down because of the skyrocketing spread of COVID-19. I hope Minnesota is avoiding a spike like Florida is seeing because more people are following the guidelines as the state continues to reopen. Otherwise we will have to backtrack like Florida has to now do.

Fair play!
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
OP Offline
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
I know Trump and Pence tried saying that it was because of increased testing but not even your governor is willing to push that lie. As I cited he shut your bars down because of the skyrocketing spread of COVID-19. I hope Minnesota is avoiding a spike like Florida is seeing because more people are following the guidelines as the state continues to reopen. Otherwise we will have to backtrack like Florida has to now do.

Gov. Ron DeSantis (R-FL) said that the reason there were two days of around 9,000 caes per day was because of a "document dump", that there were multiple cases from many days cumulatively built up that were all reported on one day, despite that they were not all actually from that day.

Actually, two months ago, when I called the Palm Beach County commissioner's office, the secretary was very specific, long before this recent controversy, that the reported daily cases are not all from the day reported, and can be delayed reportings from multiple sources that can be from a day ago or several days ago or even up to 2 weeks ago, depending on the source submitting those statistics. That it can create the illusion that one particular day has an unusually high or low number of reported daily cases.

Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Online Argumentative
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Coronavirus cases rise by record 11,458 cases in Florida

And yesterday was another 9,000. I don’t think the huge numbers can all be attributed to document dumps. And unless I’m missing something even your governor is slowing things down in reopening the state. If he were a democrat you would be attacking him for that. Really horrible politics when a pandemic is sweeping through. This is where Trump is failing in leadership too. The country needs a unifier not a gas lighter.

Fair play!
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
OP Offline
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
Coronavirus cases rise by record 11,458 cases in Florida

And yesterday was another 9,000. I don’t think the huge numbers can all be attributed to document dumps. And unless I’m missing something even your governor is slowing things down in reopening the state. If he were a democrat you would be attacking him for that. Really horrible politics when a pandemic is sweeping through. This is where Trump is failing in leadership too. The country needs a unifier not a gas lighter.

Desantis has only closed down targeted counties where there are the most cases, such as Dade, Broward and Palm Beach counties. The three counties that consistently over the last 2 months have had 60% of all cases in Florida. Consistently, even when beaches were re-opened, these counties were still partially locked down, not taken through all the phases of re-opening.
The majority of new cases are young hispanic people under 35, and the average age of all races of new-tested cases is under 35. So these are not a new wave of deaths, and we are experiencing periodic resurgences and clusters of outbreaks just like every other country.
The common deniminator in outbreak pockets nationwide is that they are border regions with a high ratio of illegal immigrants, in California, Arizona, New Mexico, Texas and Florida.

The goal from the beginning was never to completely stop new cases, it was to slow the spread, flatten the curve, until we had preparation in hospitals to care for those infected, and we flattened the curve, and are still improving therapies. But the deaths are a tiny fraction of what they were just 2 months ago. The Democrats are again changing the goalposts and politicizing the Covid-19 pandemic. If Biden were elected, Dems would suddenly say, with nothing changing, "Oh, no big deal, the crisis is over."

And as proof of that, I point to 2008-2009 with the economic crisis. The media were hyping the Great Recession as "the worst recession since the great depression" and constantly blaming W.Bush for it, when Democrats actually had primary blame for the housing collapse. Then suddenly Obama is elected, and the unemployment actually deepened, considerably, in the millions of more job losses, and the stock market tanked, way below what it was under Bush. But the media immediately after the election was saying: "We're actually already in recovery, unemployment is just a lagging indicator! Everything's great!"
Keep in mind that not the slightest sign of economic recovery happened for the first 2 years under Obama. But the media was immediately spinning it as a recovery, as soon as Obaama won the 2008 election.

Likewise, the Swine Flu outbreak. Hannity one night showed all the clips. The media was saying hey, tens of thousands dead, but hey, it's under control, nothing to worry about. After Hannity ran the clips, he hilariously came back onscreen and said "Do ya see a little difference in the coverage between then and now?"
Oh yeah.
And for the record, as I cited before, 60 million cases across the U.S. population got Swine Flu, and yet the medis never sounded the alarm.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2009_swine_flu_pandemic_in_the_United_States#History

Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Online Argumentative
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
It’s very clear Trump is the one who moved the goal posts. His administration still has it’s guidelines up for reopening while he blasts democrats for any semblance of following them. Most states have actually reopened faster than the Trump guidelines so I don’t even know how you think you make sense. And we still have the threads from the great recession and no it’s not how you spin it. When the stock market came back but unemployment lagged it was very much a recognized problem for the nation. And republicans like yourself were very aware and vocal of the deficit. Bailouts were unacceptable. Trump’s legacy will be record division and debt. Unfit and a dangerous threat to our democratic principles.

Fair play!
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard