Page 1 of 2 12>
Topic Options
#1232288 - Thu Jul 09 2020 11:13 PM Exposé: The “Whisper Network” Exists and Seeks to Destroy Male Comic Pros
the G-man
Online   ass-kicky Officially "too old for this shit"

Loc: the right
Exposé: The “Whisper Network” Exists and Seeks to Destroy Male Comic Pros

• 1. The so-called Comic Book Whisper Network, which has been dismissed as conspiracy since 2016, is real, and I have hundreds of screenshots to prove it.
    2. The Whisper Network has been targeting men and trying to destroy their careers, and use their connections in the comic book media to do so.
    3. Whisper Network members have acted unprofessionally and unethically at best. At worst, they have engaged in what I believe could be illegal behavior.

#1232289 - Fri Jul 10 2020 12:29 AM Expose: Whisper Network [Re: the G-man]
Pariah
Offline The conscience of the rkmbs!

Loc: Fucktard Valley, CA
For the record. I always hated Simone and knew what she was about even 15 years ago when people here were still jerking off to her--and yes, I am bragging. Bigly.

One of those tweets is from Kalocai, the dude who committed suicide after Zoe Quinn "revealed" his ceaseless rape and abuse.......this all sounds so familiar...

I'm lost without the sig divider.

#1232290 - Fri Jul 10 2020 01:00 AM Re: Expose: Whisper Network [Re: Pariah]
Pariah

BtW: I'm on a phone right now. Anyone who's on a computer should save/archive that page before it disappears...

#1232291 - Fri Jul 10 2020 07:07 AM Re: Expose: Whisper Network [Re: Pariah]
the G-man

Originally Posted By: Pariah
BtW: I'm on a phone right now. Anyone who's on a computer should save/archive that page before it disappears...

I hear their Facebook page is already down.

#1232292 - Fri Jul 10 2020 07:52 AM Re: Expose: Whisper Network [Re: the G-man]
Matter-eater Man
Offline Fair Play!

Will have to read it again but didn’t see what exactly was exposed when I looked at it.

Fair play!

#1232293 - Fri Jul 10 2020 08:58 AM Re: Expose: Whisper Network [Re: Matter-eater Man]
Pariah

No shit...

#1232294 - Fri Jul 10 2020 12:40 PM Re: Expose: Whisper Network [Re: Pariah]
the G-man

Originally Posted By: Pariah
For the record. I always hated Simone and knew what she was about even 15 years ago when people here were still jerking off to her--and yes, I am bragging. Bigly.

One of those tweets is from Kalocai, the dude who committed suicide after Zoe Quinn "revealed" his ceaseless rape and abuse.......this all sounds so familiar...

Thinking back, DC took a big nosedive right around the time Gail Simone and Devin Grayson came out of nowhere to start writing tons of books.

#1232295 - Fri Jul 10 2020 07:07 PM Re: Expose: Whisper Network [Re: the G-man]
Matter-eater Man
Offline Fair Play!

So what crosses the line specifically for you guys in this expose?

Fair play!

#1232304 - Sun Jul 12 2020 06:58 AM Re: Expose: Whisper Network [Re: Matter-eater Man]
Wonder Boy
Offline brutally Kamphausened

Loc: A glorious bold new America
 Originally Posted By: Matter-eater Man

The fact that these women deliberately use baseless rumor and innuendo to maliciously destroy the careers of male comic book professionals, knowing what they allege is false, that there isn't a shred of evidence to support what they allege?
Loathesome, the way Alex De Campi leaked rumors to publisher Simon & Shuster, to try and stop publication of Richard Meyer's JAWBREAKERS graphic novel, that had already been sold and was about to be released.
  • Alex De Campi Okay, I found the BC [bleedingcool?] article. I'm just going to do some quiet behind the scenes stuff, pay no attention to the gal behind the curtain...

These are really mean women, and I'm not even sure what their goal is, beyond just exerting power and destroying male creators' lives, and/or maliciously destroying the lives of people they ideologically disagree with, just because they can. Or perhaps just to maliciously sideline their male competitors, to open up opportunities for them to pick up other writing contracts.

#1232305 - Sun Jul 12 2020 09:12 AM Re: Expose: Whisper Network [Re: Wonder Boy]
Matter-eater Man
Offline Fair Play!

Originally Posted By: Wonder Boy
 Originally Posted By: Matter-eater Man

The fact that these women deliberately use baseless rumor and innuendo to maliciously destroy the careers of male comic book professionals, knowing what they allege is false, that there isn't a shred of evidence to support what they allege?
Loathesome, the way Alex De Campi leaked rumors to publisher Simon & Shuster, to try and stop publication of Richard Meyer's JAWBREAKERS graphic novel, that had already been sold and was about to be released.
  • Alex De Campi Okay, I found the BC [bleedingcool?] article. I'm just going to do some quiet behind the scenes stuff, pay no attention to the gal behind the curtain...

These are really mean women, and I'm not even sure what their goal is, beyond just exerting power and destroying male creators' lives, and/or maliciously destroying the lives of people they ideologically disagree with, just because they can. Or perhaps just to maliciously sideline their male competitors, to open up opportunities for them to pick up other writing contracts.

That was literally the one thing that I saw that appeared to cross a line. De Campi is definitely insinuating that she’s going to try to do something but it’s pretty vague. The rest of the expose seems to consist of the author making allegations. How is someone posting “Industry tip: Don’t be a dick” even close to being shady? That’s just good advice in general. This secret author though presents it as a veiled threat. Besides the vague De Campi post there just isn’t anything else there. This is apparently part of a series so maybe the real juicy stuff is coming later?

Fair play!

Page 1 of 2 12>

Hop to:
August
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31
Forum Stats
3018 Members
14 Forums
65758 Topics
1192152 Posts

Max Online: 3134 @ Thu Jan 23 2020 07:06 AM
New Topics
Now onions are bad for you.
by Lothar of The Hill People
It’s back
by the G-man
Rep John Lewis dies
by Wonder Boy
Sometimes this place feels like a prison...
by Pariah
Grant Imahara dead at 49.
by Lothar of The Hill People
actress Kelly Preston dies at age 57
by Wonder Boy
Scary Stories to Tell in The Dark movie
by Matter-eater Man
Exposé: The “Whisper Network” Exists and Seeks to Destroy Male Comic Pros
by the G-man
Neal Adams, his art and his influence
by Wonder Boy
Joe Biden in 2020.