Next Thread
Print Thread
Officially "too old for this shit"
15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
Exposé: The “Whisper Network” Exists and Seeks to Destroy Male Comic Pros

• 1. The so-called Comic Book Whisper Network, which has been dismissed as conspiracy since 2016, is real, and I have hundreds of screenshots to prove it.
    2. The Whisper Network has been targeting men and trying to destroy their careers, and use their connections in the comic book media to do so.
    3. Whisper Network members have acted unprofessionally and unethically at best. At worst, they have engaged in what I believe could be illegal behavior.

The conscience of the rkmbs!
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
For the record. I always hated Simone and knew what she was about even 15 years ago when people here were still jerking off to her--and yes, I am bragging. Bigly.

One of those tweets is from Kalocai, the dude who committed suicide after Zoe Quinn "revealed" his ceaseless rape and abuse.......this all sounds so familiar...

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
BtW: I'm on a phone right now. Anyone who's on a computer should save/archive that page before it disappears...

15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Pariah
BtW: I'm on a phone right now. Anyone who's on a computer should save/archive that page before it disappears...

I hear their Facebook page is already down.

Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Will have to read it again but didn’t see what exactly was exposed when I looked at it.

Fair play!
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
No shit...

15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Pariah
For the record. I always hated Simone and knew what she was about even 15 years ago when people here were still jerking off to her--and yes, I am bragging. Bigly.

One of those tweets is from Kalocai, the dude who committed suicide after Zoe Quinn "revealed" his ceaseless rape and abuse.......this all sounds so familiar...

Thinking back, DC took a big nosedive right around the time Gail Simone and Devin Grayson came out of nowhere to start writing tons of books.

Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
So what crosses the line specifically for you guys in this expose?

Fair play!
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Matter-eater Man

The fact that these women deliberately use baseless rumor and innuendo to maliciously destroy the careers of male comic book professionals, knowing what they allege is false, that there isn't a shred of evidence to support what they allege?
Loathesome, the way Alex De Campi leaked rumors to publisher Simon & Shuster, to try and stop publication of Richard Meyer's JAWBREAKERS graphic novel, that had already been sold and was about to be released.
  • Alex De Campi Okay, I found the BC [bleedingcool?] article. I'm just going to do some quiet behind the scenes stuff, pay no attention to the gal behind the curtain...

These are really mean women, and I'm not even sure what their goal is, beyond just exerting power and destroying male creators' lives, and/or maliciously destroying the lives of people they ideologically disagree with, just because they can. Or perhaps just to maliciously sideline their male competitors, to open up opportunities for them to pick up other writing contracts.

Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Wonder Boy
 Originally Posted By: Matter-eater Man

The fact that these women deliberately use baseless rumor and innuendo to maliciously destroy the careers of male comic book professionals, knowing what they allege is false, that there isn't a shred of evidence to support what they allege?
Loathesome, the way Alex De Campi leaked rumors to publisher Simon & Shuster, to try and stop publication of Richard Meyer's JAWBREAKERS graphic novel, that had already been sold and was about to be released.
  • Alex De Campi Okay, I found the BC [bleedingcool?] article. I'm just going to do some quiet behind the scenes stuff, pay no attention to the gal behind the curtain...

These are really mean women, and I'm not even sure what their goal is, beyond just exerting power and destroying male creators' lives, and/or maliciously destroying the lives of people they ideologically disagree with, just because they can. Or perhaps just to maliciously sideline their male competitors, to open up opportunities for them to pick up other writing contracts.

That was literally the one thing that I saw that appeared to cross a line. De Campi is definitely insinuating that she’s going to try to do something but it’s pretty vague. The rest of the expose seems to consist of the author making allegations. How is someone posting “Industry tip: Don’t be a dick” even close to being shady? That’s just good advice in general. This secret author though presents it as a veiled threat. Besides the vague De Campi post there just isn’t anything else there. This is apparently part of a series so maybe the real juicy stuff is coming later?

Fair play!
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts

They cite multiple male artists who were plotted against with similar slanders, where there is clearly no sexual incident to support the allegation, and they openly plot to retweet it among themselves to create the appearance of sexually pretatory behavior when there clearly is none to cite. Slander. Libel. Defamation.

The clear intent to imply something not proven, for the stated purpose to blacklist men from work and destroy their professional careers.

Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Other than the one quote from De Campi though I don’t see any actual plotting cited or shown. Maybe there’s more coming but aren’t you leaping to some big conclusions just from one vague quote?

Fair play!
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts

They talked about re-tweeting posts of unfounded allegations, to make employers distance themselves from multiple male creators, for the expressed purpose of losing them work, based on no evidence. What about that malicious slander is not clear to you?

Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Where is that in the article? What unfounded allegations?

Fair play!
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts

I should just tell you to re-read the article, but...

Quote:
Heather “milkshake girl” Antos’ colorful backstory at Marvel, and later at Valiant, is notorious in the comic industry. A conversation about office rumor-spreading and bullying is never complete without someone bringing up a juicy Antos anecdote. Everyone has one.

That states that her backstabbing office-gossip antics are well known to anyone who has worked with Heather Antos. If that were untrue, I'd expect one or multiple posts online to say she was misrepresented. I don't get the impression anyone will come to her defense.

Quote:
January 8, 2020, Alex de Campi, who I would discover is one of the most active Whisper Network members, openly admits there is a Network. I have no idea if this was a slip or a brazen attempt to show off her power and influence, but this appeared.

She goes on to detail how Decampi openly boasts of not only the "Whisper Network's" power, but her own power to destroy and defame people to deny them work.

Quote:
Then on June 16th, 2020. Another key member of the same group, Stephanie Cooke (someone whom de Campi often praises, converses with, and trades Retweets with) makes mention of the same group, again, without naming it directly.
Cooke references, “driving shitty people out of the industry”, which is what the Facebook group had been working on in private for years. This was the most direct admission of the group’s mission statement I had ever seen in public.

What is there to not understand here? Cooke openly talks about destroying people, driving them out of the industry.

Then she names about 20 specific Whisper Network member names and how they operate: One slanders someone with a false rumor, and others in the Whisper Network pile on and give it weight, to the point that it denies a targeted male creator work, or even gets a publisher to cease publication on a book already contracted and about to be released.

She also says this is the opening salvo, and says she will release much more about others listed in future columns in the series, from their own screen-saved self-incriminating posts.

Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Thanks WB, I did reread it several times because I really couldn’t see what you were seeing. This clarifies how that is happening. Essentially you’re taking what the anonymous source is alleging at total face value. I don’t see that the writer is actually backing those allegations up though with their screen grabs.

Fair play!
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts

How is it "anonymous source" when she shows screen-grabs of the exact posts of the specific people she names?

Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
But the screen grabs don’t match up to what the writer is alleging. Maybe more will be shown but in the first installment there is just no there other than what is being alleged. I also wouldn’t be surprised if the she is actually a he btw.

Fair play!
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts

I think there's more than enough in the first article linked that the Whisper Network as a group is maliciously targeting men and people they subjectively hate or politically disagree with, to slander them online in wolf-pack fashion, to deny them work and get them blacklisted to end their careers.

That much is crystal clear. The author gave enough examples to demonstrate her point, with plenty of screen grabs of exact quotes to back it up.

"Hey this is PCG342's bro..."
15000+ posts
"Hey this is PCG342's bro..."
15000+ posts
Originally Posted by Pariah
Trump will win in a landslide both in the popular vote and the electoral college.

"Are you eating it...or is it eating you?"

[center][Linked Image from i13.photobucket.com] [/center]

[center][Linked Image from i13.photobucket.com][/center]

Link Copied to Clipboard