Next Thread
Print Thread
brother from another mother
15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
https://time.com/6342806/person-of-the-year-2023-taylor-swift/

Ig,are you a Swiftie? Do you have all her posters? Go to all her concerts?

Anyhoo

I would think there is someone more deserving than her to receive this.

Last edited by Lothar of The Hill People; 2023-12-07 6:27 PM.

"My friends have always been the best of me." -Doctor Who

"Well,whenever I'm confused,I just check my underwear. It holds most answers to life's questions." Abe Simpson

I can tell by the position of the sun in the sky, that is time for us to go. Until next time, I am Lothar of the Hill People!
15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
Trump or Biden should receive this as much as they're in the news.

"My friends have always been the best of me." -Doctor Who

"Well,whenever I'm confused,I just check my underwear. It holds most answers to life's questions." Abe Simpson

I can tell by the position of the sun in the sky, that is time for us to go. Until next time, I am Lothar of the Hill People!
希望の戦士
2000+ posts
希望の戦士
2000+ posts
Not to mention the fact that most of the NFL camera crew is composed of Swifties, but I don't know anyone personally who isn't tired of seeing her face during every Chiefs game this season.

There is no version of this where you come out on top. Maybe your army comes, and maybe it’s too much for us, but it’s all on you. Because if we can’t protect the Earth, you can be damn well sure we’ll avenge it.

Hello?
Put Natasha on the phone.
Who is this?
This is her fucking son's father. Who is this?
This is her fucking son.
..........oh.......
Call back in 20 minutes. *click*

Boy, you could get lost in a sky like that. I wish I had those balloons again.

brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts

I've seen Taylor Swift in the news, and she doesn't offend me. But at the same time I don't think she's any big deal, just another pop musician, with questionable significance beyond superficial entertainment.

All four years Trump was president, he should have been person of the year.
This last year where Trump has courageously stood up to persecution by an authoritarian Democrat federal government out of control, he should be person of the year.

But the only ones TIME even nominated were... Trump's partisan Democrat-Bolshevik accusers.
REALLY?!? Leticia Jones, Jack Smith, Fanni Willis?
REALLY? People who have twisted the law into a pretzel, and judge-shopped for partisan Democrat judges before even ordering their subpeonas of Trump? They accuse Trump of being Hitler, while these prosecutors and judges are, in fact, the Nazis.

Watch the movie Judgement at Nuremberg . It's about the post-war trial of the German judges who made Nazi weaponization of government, of "legal" arrests of all opposition, of concentration camps, of genocide, possible.
EXACTLY what these above prosecutors and judges are doing under the Biden administration right now. Trump should be awarded forstanding up to this tyranny so courageously, and rallying public support while doing so.

Likewise the recently elected presidents in Argentina, Netherlands, Italy, and for several years in power despite the other EU states demonizing them, Hungary.
And Zelenskyy in Ukraine. One or all of them should be "person of the year".
All are populist conservatives in the same spirit as Trump, winning against overwhelming odds through perseverance and courage. In Zelenskyy's case, he said he was directly inspired by Trump, to lead a populist fight against corruption in his country.

THAT is worthy of person of the year, not some 4th or 5th generation Madonna pop star.

20 years ago, TIME was a conservative magazine. FORTUNE as well. And WSJ. What the hell happened ?

brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
TIME's other nominees, before they settled on Taylor Swift :

https://time.com/6341947/person-of-the-year-2023-shortlist/

Even Xi Xinping or Vladimir Putin would have been persons who have been of far greater significance.
in the same vein that TIME selected Adolf Hitler in 1938.

Link Copied to Clipboard