Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 47 of 47 1 2 45 46 47
Son of Anarchist
15000+ posts
Online Content
Son of Anarchist
15000+ posts
Red Faction: Guerilla is free on Steam right now (and on sale for 70 pesos. I may get it if it's still on sale when my Steam Cards are all sold.)

It's like GTA in Mars, plus the game gives you a hammer and a bomb that you can use to make everything that is not the ground go ka-boom.

Started out getting 30-40 fps, single digits when I bring down the building, but adding -nod3d11 to the commandline boosted my fps way past 60, and the only things I lost were ambient occlusion and sun shafts. It really didn't look that much different even with the absence of those two effects.

I've got more guns than you.
6000+ posts
I've got more guns than you.
6000+ posts
Guerrilla was a good bit of fun. I never got around to Armageddon though.

"Ah good. Now I'm on the internet clearly saying I like tranny cleavage. This shouldn't get me harassed at all."
-- Lothar of the Hill People
Son of Anarchist
15000+ posts
Online Content
Son of Anarchist
15000+ posts
Armageddon is also free at the time, but I didn't bother with it because it's not a sandbox game, which meant that I'd be somewhat pressured to play the story all the way through as opposed to Guerilla, where I could ignore the story and just run around doing random objectives when I have a spare half hour. I'm pretty much avoiding games that require a huge time investment these days.

The conscience of the rkmbs!
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Still addicted to Wasteland 2.

Seriously. I have to force myself to stop playing most of the time.

Son of Anarchist
15000+ posts
Online Content
Son of Anarchist
15000+ posts
Hawken

You play as Christopher Hawken and pilot your choice of a Mech. You have 4 really weak (but serviceable) ones to choose from when you start. It runs on the Unreal source engine so it looks good, but the controls are FPS all the way instead of traditional mech/tank. It's twitch-reliant and has been criticized as just another FPS with mech skins (an accurate but unfair criticism, since there's really not much in the way of innovation when it comes to FPS these days. Majority of them are just another FPS with a different skin.)

It's free to play Mech/FPS with microtransactions, but the original company sold it to a new one and they still haven't set up the store properly, so it's pretty much free to play right now.

I started doing badly because I'm on an x360 gamepad kick (I've been having an easier time with a gamepad on Borderlands 2), but I switched back to keyboard and started actually being able to kill the enemies.

Only playing coop for now because I have no steam friends to invite, and had to rely on random matchmaking. The ones I've played with are friendly, though. There are no trash talkers and are not expecting too much when they see that I'm using the trainee Mech. It's a big contrast to when I tried Counter Strike: Global Offensive on a shop. I think the tag "Global Offensive" came from the fact that people from other parts of the globe will go out of their way to offend you because you're using the default skins.

---------

I'm still anticipating DoA 5: Last Round, but I'm contemplating refunding the pre-order and just using the steam credits for something else. I do want to support devs who go out of their way to try PC releases even if the products come out a little bit bugged or with poor netcode, but man. Team Ninja is really dropping the ball on this one - it's just been announced that instead of porting the PS4 versions, they're porting the PS3 and Arcade ones.

It's not so bad if it's just that, the PS3 version looks good and I couldn't care less if the number of times the character's boobs jiggle is reduced, but they also updated the minimum system requirements to an i7. There's no way my PC can handle the new sysreqs even if I tone down the details. Heck, since they're being lazy with the port, there's a huge chance that the engine will not support frameskipping so you either need to run the game fullspeed or get slow motion gameplay.

Son of Anarchist
15000+ posts
Online Content
Son of Anarchist
15000+ posts
Picked up Batman: Origins again. I'm still early in the game, at Penguin's ship. I LOLed at the Electrocutioner fight. That explains why there was no info on the character and why they're pitching him as this mysterious new character made specifically for the game.

I actually spent a few seconds circling around him at the start, waiting for him to do something so that I can study his pattern. Around the 10 second mark, I just lost patience and just charged the heck out of him. And that was that.

Son of Anarchist
15000+ posts
Online Content
Son of Anarchist
15000+ posts
I tried DC's Infinite Crisis since it's out of Beta now. It's vastly improved from the beta days, but it's still a MOBA so it can fuck off.

DC couldn't have picked a worse genre for their newest game. MOBAs are inherently newbie-unfriendly and the emphasis on PVP will attract the worst kind of players.

I'm doing well on one of the low/mid tier heroes, though. Superman is a nice character even if he's getting his ass kicked by a Batman holding a goddamn flashlight.

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
I traded in a bunch of games (Infamous, Killzone, Watch Dogs, Evil Within) for Bloodborne. Hopefully it meets the hype.

I'm just sayin'
10000+ posts
I'm just sayin'
10000+ posts
Resident Evil 2:Revelations.
Having played the first 3 installments on the PS1 and really enjoyed them,I picked this up for the PS4 since it was under $40. So far it's been ok,but I'm only about 45 minutes of gameplay into it so haven't really made much of a dent into it.

It's a dog eat dog world & I'm wearing milkbone underwear.

I can get you a toe.

1,999,999+ points.

Damn you and your lemonade!!

Booooooooooooooobs.
Son of Anarchist
15000+ posts
Online Content
Son of Anarchist
15000+ posts
Humble Bundle has Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare included. It's part of a bundle along with Dead Space 2, Bejeweled, the first two Dragon Age games, Peggle, Command Conquer, and Mass Effect 2. Very tempted to get everything due to the extreme drop in price (You get everything if you dump more than $4.77), but the fact that it's only on Origin is holding me back.

...got nothing against Origin, mind you. I just have all of my games on Steam right now and I don't want it spread across different frontends.

Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
Still need to get round to finishing the Order, but the Borderlands handsome collection came out a few weeks ago and been addicted to that ever since. As I had not finished the Mr Torque dlc, and never even got round to playing the Tiny Tina dlc despite downloading it, it was nice that you can import your single player game save over (I think this is a first as so far its only been online game saves that could be imported) which enabled me to pick up where I left off.
Just finished the Tina dlc the other day, so switched over to the Pre sequel to see how that is as I never bothered picking it up when it came out.

Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
Oh, and got invited to the Planetside 2 closed beta, but so far its not impressed me and I just cannot get into it.

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
I've been fucking addicted to Bloodborne. Every time I start playing it, it's like the clock is laughing at me.

I'll feel like I've only played for thirty minutes. In reality, it's been almost an hour and a half.

Son of Anarchist
15000+ posts
Online Content
Son of Anarchist
15000+ posts
I only have time for gaming during weekends now, but I got the Humble Bundle and have been enjoying it. I played a couple of hours of Garden Warfare, and even with just random matchmaking, I haven't encountered any of the nastyness that you normally get with other multiplayer shooters (Team Fortress 2 and Counter Strike: Global Offensive are full of angry people.)

It's casual-friendly. I'm particularly bad at competitive FPSes but I'm doing fine here, and that's while using a gamepad. I could do better when using the mouse and keyboard.

Only negative about it is there are a lot of people who leave their mic on, so you get to hear all sorts of things like the TV in their living room, their dogs barking, or even random people talking. It's worse in some cases when their mic is louder than the game's sounds.

Still, good game. Only got the Humble Bundle as a gift so it's not like I paid for it, but Garden Warfare alone is worth the price of the bundle. Peggle and Bejeweled 3 got some playtime as well. I installed Dragon Age II and played the intro fights.

I never bothered installing command and conquer because I'm not into RTSes, Medal of Honor was also ignored because it's horribly outdated (won't even do 16:19 so it will look squished on my monitor.)

I just tried Mass Effect 2, I was liking it so far until Shepard got stuck on a desk. I thought all the complaints about the game being a buggy untested mess was hyperbole.

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
*shrug* I never had any problems with Mass Effect 2. Then again I played the PS3 version.

It's going to get to the point soon that I won't have any time to play games for awhile, so I'm getting some time in this week while I can.

Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
I got Project cars a few weeks ago as was addicted to that. Its about time there was a decent sim style car racer for the PS4.
Of course though that only gets an occasional look in now that The Witcher Wild Hunt is out .. fucking love this game.

Son of Anarchist
15000+ posts
Online Content
Son of Anarchist
15000+ posts
 Quote:
love fucking in this game.

Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
Well you do actually get to fuck in this game .. so, yeah!

Doog the MIGHTY
10000+ posts
Doog the MIGHTY
10000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Pariah
*shrug* I never had any problems with Mass Effect 2. Then again I played the PS3 version.

It's going to get to the point soon that I won't have any time to play games for awhile, so I'm getting some time in this week while I can.

I've played each of the mass effect games 6 or 7 times (different sexes, different personalities, and kept the same personality type for each sequel) and I never had glitches either. Did you play it on PC or console? I played mine on the 360. Mass effect 3 is great until the end. The expanded ending helped but it was still pretty fucking weak.

Son of Anarchist
15000+ posts
Online Content
Son of Anarchist
15000+ posts
I played it on PC (got it via the Origin humble bundle). I searched for fixes and the PC version's buggy state is well-known, with no fixes except to save often and avoid bumping into corners too much.

It's simply a shoddy port, it doesn't even have X360 gamepad support (there is an ini hack, but the UI can't be controlled effectively without a mouse), which is weird for a 360 port. Bioware is lucky that the game is so good that people were willing to overlook the bugs.

Son of Anarchist
15000+ posts
Online Content
Son of Anarchist
15000+ posts
Got Darksiders 1 and 2, but refunded them afterwards. It looks good and reminds me of the story/visuals of Diablo 2. Gameplay is remniscent of God of War and Legend of Zelda, but they went overboard with the puzzles. It's like 5 minutes of combat and 20 minutes of puzzles (platforming puzzles and timing-sensitive ones) for every level.

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
I've been trying to stay away from videogames, but I really REALLY wanted to play Dark Souls 3 and Uncharted 4. I bought both.

Already beat Dark Souls 3 a couple times. It's great...but I can smell the incoming DLC putting the missing pieces together with the rest of the story. That's what pissed me off about Dark Souls 2: it was an incomplete game with an incomplete story, and annoyed the hell out of me that its completeness was sold separately in the form of DLC; I should have waited fro Scholar of the First Sin instead of buying Dark Souls 2 right off the bat. I imagine though that From Software expects no one to complain about the story for the simple fact that it's vaguely told. Anyway, a lot of the third installment doesn't reconcile too well with the previous games, and I'm pretty sure they know it. And that's irritating.

Uncharted 4 on the other hand, is absolutely amazing. I'm a couple hours in and it so well nuanced visually and story-wise, it's not even funny.

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Ugh....

The game was great. But it added a stupid post script at the end that served no purpose beyond inflating Neil Druckmann's over-indulgent ego and depressing the player.

Fifteen years later, he's long since settled down and made a family, thus barring off his character from further meaningful use because......I have no fucking clue. It's not as though he was going stale, so forcing him into narrative retirement for that reason is beyond overzealous. It feels like they just wanted to get rid of him for some fucking reason.

I realize that the game is as much a cinematic feature as it is a game, but that kind of soft-headed bullshit is not the reason that people play videogames.

few posts
few posts
 Originally Posted By: Parieah
Ugh....

The game was great. But it added the hydromax x20 stupid post script at the end that served no purpose beyond inflating Neil Druckmann's over-indulgent ego and depressing the player.

I'm looking forward to COD ww2, I may even buy the now xbox one for it.

Last edited by MaynardF; 2017-12-06 6:18 PM.
few posts
few posts
I'm looking forward to COD ww2, I may even buy the now xbox one for it.

sizegentics this link
few posts
few posts
Iron Kill is my favorite game. I would like to play this awesome game.

few posts
few posts
 Quote:
The game was great. But it https://enfinmince.fr/phenq-avis/ stupid post script at the end that served no purpose beyond inflating Neil Druckmann's over-indulgent ego and depressing the player.

We're living in the golden age of indie video games.

Last edited by Issac; 2019-06-03 8:55 PM.
few posts
few posts
 Originally Posted By: Pariah
I've been trying to stay away from videogames, but I really REALLY wanted to play Dark Souls 3 and Uncharted 4. I bought both.

Already beat Dark Souls 3 a couple times. It's great...but I can smell the incoming DLC putting the missing pieces together with the rest of the story. That's what pissed me off about Dark Souls 2: it was an incomplete game with an incomplete story, and annoyed the hell out of me that its completeness was sold separately in the form of DLC; I should have waited fro Scholar of the First Sin instead of buying Dark Souls 2 right off the bat. I imagine though that From Software expects no one to complain about the story for the simple fact that it's vaguely told. Anyway, a lot of the third installment doesn't reconcile too well with the previous games, and I'm pretty sure they know it. And that's irritating.

Uncharted 4 on the other hand, is absolutely amazing. I'm a couple hours in and it so well nuanced visually and story-wise, it's not even funny.

Really Uncharted 4 is a nice game. I loved the game especially the complex shooting and escaping from the maze.

Doog the MIGHTY
10000+ posts
Doog the MIGHTY
10000+ posts
Replaying FF7 Remake before Rebirth comes out, otherwise I’ll play an hour of Coral Island when I want to relax.

Doog the MIGHTY
10000+ posts
Doog the MIGHTY
10000+ posts
I tried to play Kingdom Come Deliverance since it was on sale for less than $5 but I just cannot get into it. I kept hearing it was a hidden gem and a great rpg but 4 hours in and I don’t see it.

Page 47 of 47 1 2 45 46 47

Link Copied to Clipboard