Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 13 of 50 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 49 50
500+ posts
500+ posts
quote:
Originally posted by Dave the Wonder Boy:
Having Matt Kennedy defend Dave's position is hardly an affirmation of any kind.

I made my arguments, they were bypassed in favor of labels and namecalling. I feel no need to pursue this any further.

Light a fart then eat the match, Bunky. You are clearly insane: having the "Matt Kennedy seal of approval" is the highest honor in the land, for fuck's sweet sake! :)

500+ posts
500+ posts
quote:
Originally posted by Cowgirl Jack:
Um...can I just say EVERYONE on the thread has been flinging mud? Whatever. Everyone hear has made two or three good points. And then mud-slining. Well screw it all, I'll join in.

quote:
Originally posted by Matt Kennedy:
And I'm ready for that "spanking" now Cowgirl, Harpie, and Batwoman! Bring it on, ladies!!! [humina humina]

Oh I don't spank. I prefer long-distance weapons. SIG, S&W, crossbow, bow and arrow. You saw the gun thread. Your big head is a big enough target. 'Wabbit season' indeed...

Oh by the way...here's some info on the rabbit behind your avator. Dakota hates guys. Any guy that comes over and annoys me has been attacked in the jewels but this two-pound furball (they never call back at least...). So maybe me and Batwoman will stand back and let him rip you apart and make you cry home to momma.

No worries, Cowgirl. There will be no need for mighty Dakota to defend your "honor" from me--- I'm not really into frigid Catholic girls.
[mwah hwah haa]

living in 1962
15000+ posts
living in 1962
15000+ posts
Geez. So much for that "perfect darling" comment in your sig.

Really uncalled for, man.

500+ posts
500+ posts
quote:
Originally posted by Grimm:
Geez. So much for that "perfect darling" comment in your sig.

Really uncalled for, man.

Geez! Just a little friendly jest, Grimmy. Please don't revoke my "perfect darling" title over THAT.

"Ya gotta get yourself a nice protestant girl if you wanna get laid. A jew is good."

--- Ace Merril, "Stand By Me"

Peacock Teaser
3000+ posts
Peacock Teaser
3000+ posts
Hardly a 'friendly jest'. You know, I've been pretty open-minded during this whole disscussion. Why? I am just a big a sinner as others here. Why should I slam gays or any other group condemned by the Bible? Why should a country that has no official religion stop a group of 'sinners' from getting legal marriage. A prositute is a 'sinner' and she can be legally married. Heck, I'm a sinner and I can be legally married.

You know, I am willing to debate this with anyone else on this thread. I disagree with just about everyone here, but at least I respect their opinions and under normal circumstances I don't go to your level. You have hardly contributed anything of intelligence here -- just pissing in the wind.

And how fuck do you call me frigid? 'Oh....I can't make a logical arguement against the Queen Bitch, so I'll call her names'.

Well here's hoping there is a Purgatory and God understands 'civil disobedience'. GO FUCK YOURSELF!

brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
Ignore Matt Kennedy as the idiot he is, C.J.

Completely unworthy of our attention.

some RKMB'ers are Obsessed with Black People Hmmm?
5000+ posts
5000+ posts
quote:
Hardly a 'friendly jest'. You know, I've been pretty open-minded during this whole disscussion. Why? I am just a big a sinner as others here. Why should I slam gays or any other group condemned by the Bible? Why should a country that has no official religion stop a group of 'sinners' from getting legal marriage. A prositute is a 'sinner' and she can be legally married. Heck, I'm a sinner and I can be legally married.

You know, I am willing to debate this with anyone else on this thread. I disagree with just about everyone here, but at least I respect their opinions and under normal circumstances I don't go to your level. You have hardly contributed anything of intelligence here -- just pissing in the wind.

And how fuck do you call me frigid? 'Oh....I can't make a logical arguement against the Queen Bitch, so I'll call her names'.

Well here's hoping there is a Purgatory and God understands 'civil disobedience'. GO FUCK YOURSELF!

i COMPLETELY AGREE WITH YOU. I've tried to avoid posting on this thread because over time, i've found little tolerance on my part to responding to the bigotry of others. I'll just let them be. They aern't going to influence my beleifs and hopefully the beleifs and laws of our SECULAR nation over their justifications for hate that they derive from an ancient manuscript. If I recall, that same manuscript was also used to justify slavery for a while. The world changes and becomes more enlightened and sadly some of us are going to get left behind clinging on to our bigotry and our own sense of moral superiority and justice. In a country that embraces the seperation of church and state, there is absolutely NO REASON why two people who are committed to each other shouldn't enjoy the same rights as everyone else.

Romans 3:23: "...all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God."

4000+ posts
4000+ posts
quote:
Because gambling is a type of behavior. Bestiality is a type of behavior. Incest is a type of behavior. Why do we render illegal any of these activities?
And pedophilia, and murder, and rape, and adultery, all are behaviors the Bible condemns.

Those other activites are rendered illegal (or at least immoral in the case of adultery) because they harm others. They infringe upon others' rights. Religion has no bearing on law. Homosexuality harms nobody. You cannot draw comparisons between homosexuality and behaviours like murder and rape.

Banned from the DCMBs since 2002.
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
quote:

I don't think several pages of having my clear statements paraphrased and redirected represents my views accurately, or is at this point productive.

A shot at me? I was trying to clarify where you draw the line. If they were paraphrased, they were done so for the sake of debate, and accurately, too.

The big problem in arguing this point with you, Dave, is that as a relgious conservative your ultimate argument is that the Bible tells you what your position is. Unfortunately you think this is logical. As I've been trying to point out, you can have faith in something which can defy logic, and that's fine. But don't try and call it logical.

While I can understand the attraction of Christianity and think that it is overall the most tolerant religion practiced today, there is nothing logical in having your views on homosexual marriage dictated to you by a 2000- 3000 year old document.

terrible podcaster
15000+ posts
terrible podcaster
15000+ posts
I'm done here. I'll be gone this week having fun and I would rather not have to deal with this. Dave, DTWB, M-E M, Piggy, klinton, Ceej, whomod, it's been fun. MK, all is forgiven, unless you wanna keep up the verbal assholery from earlier, in which case, fuck you.

Everyone have a wonderful week. Go have fun!

brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
quote:
Originally posted by Dave:

The big problem in arguing this point with you, Dave, is that as a relgious conservative your ultimate argument is that the Bible tells you what your position is. Unfortunately you think this is logical. As I've been trying to point out, you can have faith in something which can defy logic, and that's fine. But don't try and call it logical.

While I can understand the attraction of Christianity and think that it is overall the most tolerant religion practiced today, there is nothing logical in having your views on homosexual marriage dictated to you by a 2000- 3000 year old document.

In your opinion. Mine has abundantly been made as well, and has been repeated quite a bit over the last 20 pages now.

I don't feel a need to ridicule and harrass you for holding a different view. Whereas I think you've crossed that line.
You can allege that you've made the argument for gay marriage and Christian ignorance, but I'm not buying it, and you make your case by ignoring the factual points I've made (specifically among them, the Bible clearly says what it says about homosexuality's immorality, and that marriage is, at least in the Unites States, and the rest of the Judao-Christian world, as well as the Muslim world and the Asian world, a ceremony before God joining a man and a woman. In religious law as well as secular law, for at least 6000 years. "Gay marriage" is a contrivance of the last two decades of human law, with no basis in long-established theology or longstanding marriage law.)

And I'm far from alone in that view, however much you attempt to distort and ridicule that view.

You have an opinion, to which you're entitled. I hold an opinion as well, which I've laid out at considerable length.
If you feel a need to label me "illogical" by your subjective interpretation, so be it. But I've laid out my case, and it's ultimately your opinion -vs- my opinion.
You choose to circumvent and dismiss the Bible as a valid source of opinion on the subject. I don't.

500+ posts
500+ posts
quote:

My, my. Cowgirl, have you completely lost your mind? Bejabbers! My little jibe at your expense earlier was pretty tame ( and only in response to you flinging an insult my way first, as a matter of fact ), but you are literally frothing at the mouth like a grade A whack-job here. What gives???

Guess I'll just have to chock it up to sexual frustration on your part and leave it at that... [wink]

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
quote:
You choose to circumvent and dismiss the Bible as a valid source of opinion on the subject. I don't.
This you haven't explained: why not?

500+ posts
500+ posts
quote:

Bleat, blather, bleat. I've said it before, and I'll say it again: you have got to be one of the most silly, self-righteous windbags that I have ever "met" online, Davey. And one of the biggest cry-babies, too. Considering the sheer number of fuck-heads out there in cyber-land, that's no small feat.

You amuse and sicken me in pretty much equal measure, champ. Here at Rob's Damn Board you're comedy relief for the people who actually have 2 brain cells to rub together, but out in the real world it's blind, self-serving bullies like you that help to make the world such an ugly, senseless mess.

500+ posts
500+ posts
quote:
Originally posted by Captain Sammitch:
I'm done here. I'll be gone this week having fun and I would rather not have to deal with this. Dave, DTWB, M-E M, Piggy, klinton, Ceej, whomod, it's been fun. MK, all is forgiven, unless you wanna keep up the verbal assholery from earlier, in which case, fuck you.

Everyone have a wonderful week. Go have fun!

You forgive me??? Well, bless your precious lil' heart, Dawson! I'd rather just keep on being an asshole if that's okay by you, though. :)

Have a nice week, Sugar-Plum--- we'll all miss you here at "the Creek"!!!

25+ posts
25+ posts
quote:
My, my. Cowgirl, have you completely lost your mind? Bejabbers! My little jibe at your expense earlier was pretty tame ( and only in response to you flinging an insult my way first, as a matter of fact ), but you are literally frothing at the mouth like a grade A whack-job here. What gives???

Guess what? I didn't take it as a jibe. You know exactly what buttons to push. Congrates. Well, does it hurt when someone pushes back?

Maybe my anger is a result of your behavior. I fine until you started pissing on everyone. Your making everyone made. I since I do agree you on some points, having you make stupid comments makes my case look bad.

quote:
Guess I'll just have to chock it up to sexual frustration on your part and leave it at that... [wink]
Well pardon me for placing my education before sex. Sexual frustrarion? Please. Everyone else here knows by now its that time of the month. Just put it on your calander from now on.

500+ posts
500+ posts
quote:
Originally posted by Harpy:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Matt Kennedy:
[qb] My, my. Cowgirl, have you completely lost your mind? Bejabbers! My little jibe at your expense earlier was pretty tame ( and only in response to you flinging an insult my way first, as a matter of fact ), but you are literally frothing at the mouth like a grade A whack-job here. What gives???

Guess what? I didn't take it as a jibe. You know exactly what buttons to push. Congrates. Well, does it hurt when someone pushes back?

Uh... no. Your irrational outburst didn't hurt so much as it afforded me an anthropological peek into the mind of a young human female during "that time of the month". A tad over-kill perhaps, but quite thrilling in it's own special way.

--- M.K.

Maybe my anger is a result of your behavior. I fine until you started pissing on everyone. Your making everyone made. I since I do agree you on some points, having you make stupid comments makes my case look bad.

Um, I think I get the jist of what you're saying here, but it's a little garbled. "Harpy" must be the Bizarro Cowgirl, right?
[wink]

Really, lighten up--- no genuine harm was meant, Ceej. You seem like a good kid.

brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
quote:
quote:

Bleat, blather, bleat. I've said it before, and I'll say it again: you have got to be one of the most silly, self-righteous windbags that I have ever "met" online, Davey. And one of the biggest cry-babies, too. Considering the sheer number of fuck-heads out there in cyber-land, that's no small feat.

You amuse and sicken me in pretty much equal measure, champ. Here at Rob's Damn Board you're comedy relief for the people who actually have 2 brain cells to rub together, but out in the real world it's blind, self-serving bullies like you that help to make the world such an ugly, senseless mess.

I think your own posts make clear that YOU'RE the one who brings ugliness and senselessness to this world. You've been roundly condemned on these boards, from the left, right and center of opinion.

As I said prior, you're an impotent little weenie with clear psychological problems, that are cathartically played out on these boards.

Therapeutic for you, and an annoyance for the rest of us.

500+ posts
500+ posts
You're pathetic, Davey. You are a fucking joke. You remind me so much of the "street preachers" I used to see on Market Street in San Francisco that would stand on the sidewalks delivering their "message" to the masses--- wild-eyed and obviously just bugshit crazy to the bone--- while reeking of urine and shit.

Those poor misguided bastards couldn't really help themselves. I think you're capable of doing better--- you just won't.

brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
quote:
quote:
I've already laid out at length, several times, the basis for the Bible being a valid source:
  • The evidence for the internal consistency of the Bible,
  • the level of archaological and historical evidence for the Bible's accuracy,
  • that there are at least 60,000 handcopied manuscripts that exist within 100 years of the time of Christ,
  • and the tremendous care with which the Bible has been preserved over millenia, and translated into other languages.
  • As well as the fulfillment of prophecy, past and ongoing.

I believe I've made it abundantly clear that I don't wish to continue on this topic. I've made my points abundantly over 20 pages now, and do not wish to continue responding. Please stop baiting me to respond. It is clearly not productive, or worth my time at this stage.

Please respectfully agree to disagree. Or at least leave me out of it.

brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
quote:
You're pathetic, Davey. You are a fucking joke. You remind me so much of the "street preachers" I used to see on Market Street in San Francisco that would stand on the sidewalks delivering their "message" to the masses--- wild-eyed and obviously just bugshit crazy to the bone--- while reeking of urine and shit.

Those poor misguided bastards couldn't really help themselves. I think you're capable of doing better--- you just won't.

More of your dysfunctional venting. Hope you feel better.

For anyone who reads the excrement in your posts, it's pretty obvious you're an impotent little weenie, and I'm just an anonymous person you can lash out at.
Get help.
Or kill yourself.
Either way works for me.

500+ posts
500+ posts
quote:
quote:

More of your dysfunctional venting. Hope you feel better.

For anyone who reads the excrement in your posts, it's pretty obvious you're an impotent little weenie, and I'm just an anonymous person you can lash out at.
Get help.
Or kill yourself.
Either way works for me.

No, you aren't "anonymous" at all, Davey. I know your kind all too well, unfortunately.

Kill myself? Golly, how "christian" of you. :)

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
quote:
quote:
quote:
I've already laid out at length, several times, the basis for the Bible being a valid source:
  • The evidence for the internal consistency of the Bible,
  • the level of archaological and historical evidence for the Bible's accuracy,
  • that there are at least 60,000 handcopied manuscripts that exist within 100 years of the time of Christ,
  • and the tremendous care with which the Bible has been preserved over millenia, and translated into other languages.
  • As well as the fulfillment of prophecy, past and ongoing.

I believe I've made it abundantly clear that I don't wish to continue on this topic. I've made my points abundantly over 20 pages now, and do not wish to continue responding. Please stop baiting me to respond. It is clearly not productive, or worth my time at this stage.

Please respectfully agree to disagree. Or at least leave me out of it.

I wasn't "baiting you" to respond - you could have just ignored a polite question.

Still, your answer is interesting. There are Biblical scholars who have discussed that section of the Bible...how does it go, "For a rich man shall not pass into heaven anymore than a camel shall not pass through the eye of a needle." I have read that this is very likely to be an error in transcription: no one would think of something so absurd as a camel passing through a needle's eye - it was more likely to be a reference to a camel hair.

And wasn't it Paul who was responsible for the New Testement's dissemination?

I have some more comments on what you've said... but I'll leave you be now Dave.

Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Are hermaphrodites damned if they sleep with anybody or do they have an open playing field?

25+ posts
25+ posts
quote:
Still, your answer is interesting. There are Biblical scholars who have discussed that section of the Bible...how does it go, "For a rich man shall not pass into heaven anymore than a camel shall not pass through the eye of a needle." I have read that this is very likely to be an error in transcription: no one would think of something so absurd as a camel passing through a needle's eye - it was more likely to be a reference to a camel hair.

The arguement I've always heard is that 'The Eye of the Needle' was the name of a very narrow passageway in the capital. Getting a camel loaded with wine barrels and what not were super difficult. If Jesus lived in modern-day Tampa (where I'm from) he'd say 'For a rich man shall not pass into heaven anymore than a car going through Malfunction Junction (shitty piece of highway where every commuter use to get stuck on).'

quote:
In Paul's defense, a lot of the stuff in the Bible under his name was not written by Paul. And his works were tampered with. A lot of the sexist comments were added in and its pretty easy to tell because the style changes. Just one way scholars can tell where Scripture has been tampered with.

living in 1962
15000+ posts
living in 1962
15000+ posts
quote:
Originally posted by Matter-eater Man:
Are hermaphrodites damned if they sleep with anybody or do they have an open playing field?

Why, are you into that? If so, I know this guy in Spanish Harlem. . . [nyah hah]

Kisser Of John Byrne Ass
15000+ posts
Kisser Of John Byrne Ass
15000+ posts
quote:

I wasn't "baiting you" to respond - you could have just ignored a polite question.

I have some more comments on what you've said... but I'll leave you be now Dave. [/QB][/QUOTE]

I think that was the point Dave. A camel Hair is not impossible to get through the eye of a needle, but a camel is. It's that hard for a rich man to get into Heaven. The assumption is that Rich people are more into wordly goods, possessions and secular behavior. Most wealthy people probably don't think of god as blessing them with wealth (Yes, that's an assupmtion..certainly not 100% true). If their eyes are on their wealth then they probably aren't on God. this is a parallel to jesus' statement about not storing treasures for yourself on earth-where moth and rust destroy and thieves steal. But store them in Heaven where they can live eternally. Basically, Put your effort into your soul, "Christian" ideals, and prayer...where they will be rememebered in heaven and reward you in the afterlife. better that than to live well and fat on earth and not share in a Heavenly afterlife and instead get the "Second" death......

Kisser Of John Byrne Ass
15000+ posts
Kisser Of John Byrne Ass
15000+ posts
quote:

Some attribute all birth defects to being purposeful..and not random. Either there to test the faith of the family or because there is a family curse that perpetuates God's judgement generation after generation. So, some would say the hemaphrodite should worry more about figuring out "why" they are a hemaphrodite..rather than "who" they should be sleeping with. i read abook on generational curses once where theories like this were raised and evidenced, but it's been a while. The writer also said that Homosexuality was a result of a generational family curse.

Not saying I share the belief, but from a biblical viewpoint it gives credance to homosexuality being genetic rather than learned behavior as some believe. The arguement was definitley not compassionate, but was interesting. But I personally am more inclined to believe something like that than simply believing homesexuality being a choice rather than genetic.

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
quote:
Originally posted by Harpy:
quote:

The arguement I've always heard is that 'The Eye of the Needle' was the name of a very narrow passageway in the capital. Getting a camel loaded with wine barrels and what not were super difficult. If Jesus lived in modern-day Tampa (where I'm from) he'd say 'For a rich man shall not pass into heaven anymore than a car going through Malfunction Junction (shitty piece of highway where every commuter use to get stuck on).'

Ah, well that's a new one on me.

quote:

quote:
In Paul's defense, a lot of the stuff in the Bible under his name was not written by Paul. And his works were tampered with. A lot of the sexist comments were added in and its pretty easy to tell because the style changes. Just one way scholars can tell where Scripture has been tampered with.
[/qb][/quote]

That's interesting of itself, but I actually meant that it was Paul who was the proslytiser (sp?) after Jesus' death: if not for his remarkable skills in disseminating and perpetuating Jesus' story, there'd not have been a Christian religion.

My point is that it wasn't divine intervention which propogated the Bible: it was sheer hard work by Paul and others like him.

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
quote:
Originally posted by Pig Iron:

I think that was the point Dave. A camel Hair is not impossible to get through the eye of a needle, but a camel is. It's that hard for a rich man to get into Heaven. The assumption is that Rich people are more into wordly goods, possessions and secular behavior. Most wealthy people probably don't think of god as blessing them with wealth (Yes, that's an assupmtion..certainly not 100% true). If their eyes are on their wealth then they probably aren't on God. this is a parallel to jesus' statement about not storing treasures for yourself on earth-where moth and rust destroy and thieves steal. But store them in Heaven where they can live eternally. Basically, Put your effort into your soul, "Christian" ideals, and prayer...where they will be rememebered in heaven and reward you in the afterlife. better that than to live well and fat on earth and not share in a Heavenly afterlife and instead get the "Second" death......

I thought the rich could get into heaven, just that it was awkward. Which runs with the camel hair theory. What you say makes sense in a sort of Benedictine way, though.

25+ posts
25+ posts
quote:
My point is that it wasn't divine intervention which propogated the Bible: it was sheer hard work by Paul and others like him.

WHat can I say, I never make sense during late-night posts...

You can interpret is as divine intervention since Jesus knocked Paul off his horse on the road to Descmarus (sic?) and Paul was converted. You can say that divine intervention started the ball rolling and Paul and his gang kept it going, I suppose.

Tabarnak!
6000+ posts
Tabarnak!
6000+ posts
quote:
The writer also said that Homosexuality was a result of a generational family curse.

Not saying I share the belief, but from a biblical viewpoint it gives credance to homosexuality being genetic rather than learned behavior as some believe. The arguement was definitley not compassionate, but was interesting. But I personally am more inclined to believe something like that than simply believing homesexuality being a choice rather than genetic.

A FUCKING CURSE?!?!

First it's immoral to just be myself, and live a normal life. Now I'm decidely cursed by God? A test for the twisted people who called themselves my parents? I've been trying to avoid this ridiculous thread and the bullshit that it's been spewing, but c'mon folks, if this gets anymore blatantly hateful and sick...

You do realize folks that Adolf fucking Hitler presented an entire array of 'scientific' and 'biblical' evidence for his genocide. If you read up on it, alot of it came across a hell of a lot like the shit in this thread.

Good Christians my ass....You smug fucks!

Kisser Of John Byrne Ass
15000+ posts
Kisser Of John Byrne Ass
15000+ posts
quote:
Originally posted by klinton:
quote:
The writer also said that Homosexuality was a result of a generational family curse.

A FUCKING CURSE?!?!

First it's immoral to just be myself, and live a normal life. Now I'm decidely cursed by God? A test for the twisted people who called themselves my parents? I've been trying to avoid this ridiculous thread and the bullshit that it's been spewing, but c'mon folks, if this gets anymore blatantly hateful and sick...

You do realize folks that Adolf fucking Hitler presented an entire array of 'scientific' and 'biblical' evidence for his genocide. If you read up on it, alot of it came across a hell of a lot like the shit in this thread.

I was just paraphrasing from a book I read klinton...The Author was stating his viewpoint, and I said I didn't share it.

My main point was that Christians often argue that homosexuality is a learned behavior or choice. Where this person was stating his opinion..if he believes his opinion then how could he believe that homosexuality was a behavior rather than genetic. I feel homosexuality is a genetic predispositioning..that's all...I wasn't trying to be inflammatory... [sad]

Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
quote:
Originally posted by Grimm:
quote:

Why, are you into that? If so, I know this guy in Spanish Harlem. . . [nyah hah]
Well, there is a suspicious scar involved [wink]

Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Pig Iron thanks. That actually kind of makes sense considering God doesn't like to mix things. Why would he do it himself- a curse! I always thought it wasn't a choice thing myself reguarding sexuality.

Kisser Of John Byrne Ass
15000+ posts
Kisser Of John Byrne Ass
15000+ posts
MeM, I think maybe your being sarcastic. Anyway, I was stating someone's viewpoint from a book I had read about family curses/generational curses. And that was the writer's opinion. I found it interesting from a heterosexual viewpoint, and as a quasi-christian. the interest came out of the admission/consent that there was biology involved..rather than choice. Again, if you are shaking your head at my post...I shouldn't have mentioned it and I was being insensitive and not thinking about the words I was using and their effect on the feelings and perceptions of others. I know this isn't a PC place and I know we can say what we want...but I pick few fights with people and try to limit any mean-spiritedness to simple buffoonary, shenanigans and generally stupid posts. When I'm writing serious posts I usually don't reply without thinking through my post..which I clearly didn't. So, if anyone was offended or incensed by my post I am sorry and apologize....seriously.

5000+ posts
5000+ posts
Oh god, my mom once skirted around that topic by saying homosexuality was a curse. How did she phrase it, "punishment for sin in the family" Nice to know she wasn't the only fundie who thought that way. In other words, how nice she's not crazy and deluded, she's just a fundie.

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
quote:
Originally posted by klinton:
quote:

A FUCKING CURSE?!?!

Think about it this way, Klinton. You don't live your life according to the moral standards of 17th century France, or 14th century Mexico, or 2nd century Sweden. So why should you live your life according to the moral standards of 1st century Palestine?

I should think you'd be bothered by it for about, oh, I'd say, 2 seconds.

5000+ posts
5000+ posts
Noticing Dave TWB's avatar, i was reminded that Matthew Broderick signed The Marriage Resolution
from Lambda Legal Defense and Education Fund
and the National Freedom to Marry Coalition

Way to go Matt!
[wink]

500+ posts
500+ posts
quote:
Originally posted by whomod:
Oh god, my mom once skirted around that topic by saying homosexuality was a curse. How did she phrase it, "punishment for sin in the family" Nice to know she wasn't the only fundie who thought that way. In other words, how nice she's not crazy and deluded, she's just a fundie.

:)

Page 13 of 50 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 49 50

Link Copied to Clipboard