Quote:

Pariah said:
I'm actually not an expert on trannies. I just play one on TV

Oh no......MY SECRET'S OUT!!!

surrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrre

Bow ties are coool.
1500+ posts
1500+ posts
Sorry to disappoint you Pariah. If you want consistency you probably don't want to get involved in the TG world. If you think T-girls will put up with bullshit from guys, you'd be wrong. There ae lots of guys that want a t-girl for peviously stated reasons. There aren't that many of us.

What do you mean by consistency anyway? CDs, TVs, drag queens, gender queers and transexuals aren't the same things. Current thinking in the shrink world is that the binary model of gender is false. Gender is as much a social construct as it is a biological one. People of both biological genders display a variety of cross gender charateristics. That thinking has led many shrinks to believe that Gender Identity Disorder, like homosexuality, is not a disorder at all.

"Conservatives are not necessarily stupid, but most stupid people are conservatives." John Stuart Mill America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between. Oscar Wilde He who dies with the most toys is nonetheless dead.
Officially "too old for this shit"
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Gay leader slams Hillary Clinton

Empire State Pride Agenda executive director Alan Van Capelle described Sen. Hillary Clinton (D-NY) as "a complete disappointment" in a memo published on The New York Observer's Politicker website, because of her opposition to same-sex marriage, and refused to "lend [his] name and sell tickets" to any fundraiser for Clinton's Senate re-election campaign.

I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
Good for him!! I am very disgusted with the religious right
and their anti gay agenda. We are HUMAN FUCKING BEINGS.... not evil Goddamn devils in human form. They oughta ostracize that hate monger, Jerry Falwell, and his boy sidekick, Pat Robertson, instead.

"I offer you a Vulcan prayer, Mr Suder. May your

death bring you the peace you never found in

life." - Tuvok.

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
How is this particular one the fault of the religious right? Hillary's a democrat, remember?

I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
It is the fault of those who pander to the religious right, as well, G Man...(or to those who are bigots.) ..just to get into office.

6000+ posts
6000+ posts
Thwowing out words like biggot in order to illicit a pavlovian responce is probobly easier than discussing the core beliefs of either side of the debate.

Putting the "fun" back in Fundamentalist Christian Dogma. " I know God exists because WBAM told me so. " - theory9 JLA brand RACK points = 514k
1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
Quote:

wannabuyamonkey said:
Thwowing out words like biggot in order to illicit a pavlovian responce is probobly easier than discussing the core beliefs of either side of the debate.

Core beliefs:
Christians think homosexuality is a sin and don't want to have gays marry because they see marriage as religious.

Gays see marriage as a right, since its officially sanctioned and license by the government, and gays want the same rights as everyone else.

The Republicans use the issue to drum up christians voters who might not care to vote otherwise, while the Democrats often pussyfoot (or "G-man Foot") out of dealing with the issue head on.

The truth is that gay marriage will not destroy society. Just the same as how gays being accepted by society has not destroyed us. All it will do is make gay people feel more like they are accepted and part of the world, not outcasts.
So-called christian values will not be harmed because 2 free-wheeling christians can wed and raise their kids same as before.
The only thing gay marriage hurts is religious pride. By making homosexuality completely acceptable the christians lose a villain to fight against, lose a rally cry.

and WBAM is a biggot.

Bow ties are coool.
6000+ posts
6000+ posts
For the most part a good post.... for a biggot.

Putting the "fun" back in Fundamentalist Christian Dogma. " I know God exists because WBAM told me so. " - theory9 JLA brand RACK points = 514k
The conscience of the rkmbs!
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Quote:

Beardguy57 said:
and their anti gay agenda. We are HUMAN FUCKING BEINGS.... not evil Goddamn devils in human form. They oughta ostracize that hate monger, Jerry Falwell, and his boy sidekick, Pat Robertson, instead.

And what the fuck do they have to do with Hillary Clinton?

Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Quote:

Beardguy57 said:
It is the fault of those who pander to the religious right, as well, G Man...(or to those who are bigots.) ..just to get into office.

I think your supposed to focus just on Hillary who also doesn't support amending the Constitution just to get the anti-gay vote. Really liked your response Beardguy.

Fair play!
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
Quote:

Pariah said:
Quote:

Beardguy57 said:

Pariah, I have had to deal with anti gay bullshit all my life. Yeah, I tend to lump these people together...for me, it is the same hateful rhetoric, but the faces are slightly different.

Anyone who is against gay marriage in the political arena is against me and the many others like me being able to live my life with the same HUMAN RIGHTS as them. It's as simple as that.

WBAM, this applies to your response to my post, too. I say this calmly because I know I get VERY emotional where gay...and human rights are concerned. You two have not walked in my shoes and been treated like shit just for being who you are. I don't want pity. I want to be accepted as I am, not as a sinner. As a human being.

life." - Tuvok.

I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
Quote:

Matter-eater Man said:
Quote:

Beardguy57 said:

I think your supposed to focus just on Hillary who also doesn't support amending the Constitution just to get the anti-gay vote. Really liked your response Beardguy.

Thank you, Matter Eater Man.

life." - Tuvok.

1500+ posts
1500+ posts
Quote:

Pariah said:
Quote:

Beardguy57 said:

What's your problem? It's your right that we're fighting for!

"Conservatives are not necessarily stupid, but most stupid people are conservatives." John Stuart Mill America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between. Oscar Wilde He who dies with the most toys is nonetheless dead.
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
That doesn't answer my question: What does Falwell and Robertson talking about Christianity have to do with Hillary being against gay marriage?

Quote:

Beardguy57 said:
Pariah, I have had to deal with anti gay bullshit all my life. Yeah, I tend to lump these people together...for me, it is the same hateful rhetoric, but the faces are slightly different.

Anyone who is against gay marriage in the political arena is against me and the many others like me being able to live my life with the same HUMAN RIGHTS as them. It's as simple as that.

WBAM, this applies to your response to my post, too. I say this calmly because I know I get VERY emotional where gay...and human rights are concerned. You two have not walked in my shoes and been treated like shit just for being who you are. I don't want pity. I want to be accepted as I am, not as a sinner. As a human being.

.........Are you Jon Stewart or did you smoke a whole fucking lot of crack throughout your life?

I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
Magic Jay 1 ...... Pariah - 1.

life." - Tuvok.

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
And Beardguy, once again, pleads stupidity.

I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
Quote:

Pariah said:
That doesn't answer my question: What does Falwell and Robertson talking about Christianity have to do with Hillary being against gay marriage?

Quote:

Beardguy57 said:

.........Are you Jon Stewart or did you smoke a whole fucking lot of crack throughout your life?

At least I am open and honest with myself about my lust for cock, Pariah...unlike you.

life." - Tuvok.

I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
Quote:

Pariah said:
And Beardguy, once again, pleads stupidity.

As Pariah descends into the sub - basement of immaturity with name calling......

life." - Tuvok.

Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Quote:

Beardguy57 said:

At least I am open and honest with myself about my lust for cock, Pariah...unlike you.

Fair play!
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Quote:

Beardguy57 said:
As Pariah descends into the sub - basement of immaturity with name calling......

Quote:

Beardguy57 said:

And I win again.

I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
Quote:

Pariah said:
Quote:

Beardguy57 said:

Quote:

Beardguy57 said:

And I win again.

life." - Tuvok.

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Quote:

Beardguy57 said:

Fair enough.

So...here's the question I have to ask.

At this point you have to assume the 2008 republican presidential candidate will oppose gay marriage.

And there's a better than 50/50 chance the democratic candidate will be Hillary Clinton...who now claims to oppose gay marriage.

How do you vote?

I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
Quote:

the G-man said:
Quote:

Beardguy57 said:

Fair enough.

At this point you have to assume the 2008 republican presidential candidate will oppose gay marriage.

And there's a better than 50/50 chance the democratic candidate will be Hillary Clinton...who now claims to oppose gay marriage.

How do you vote?

Damn!! G Man..that is like being asked how do I want to die? Be gassed or shot? Seriously, I am a registered Democrat. The best I can hope for is that the senate will keep opposing all attempts at passing a ban on Gay marriage. I have to wonder..first, a ban is passed on gay marriage...and then what after that? What rights which took DECADES to get could be taken away?

life." - Tuvok.

Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Quote:

the G-man said:
Quote:

Beardguy57 said:

Fair enough.

How do you vote?

Clinton all the way. The GOP is willing to change the Constitution to reflect an anti-gay bias. Blech

Fair play!
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
So, enacting a gay marriage ban is acceptable as long as it isn't in the constitution?

Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Quote:

the G-man said:
So, enacting a gay marriage ban is acceptable as long as it isn't in the constitution?

Are you speaking about the already enacted gay marriage ban that President Clinton did while in office? (thus taking out much of the steam for a constitutional ammendment)

Fair play!
6000+ posts
6000+ posts
Quote:

First off, you haven't walked in my shoes either, so teh shoes argument is weak. You have no idea where I've been, what I've experienced, so don;t try to trump my personal experience with yours. If personal experience won the day then I could probobly make moot anything you say, but that's not how I roll, but to say you seem to have as much hate in you as those you despise.

Second, marraige isn't a human right, there are many restrictions on marraige today. To argue that it's a human right is to argue against every restriction. No one is preventing you from doing what you want to do, live whith whome you choose, love who you want to love or have sex whith whoever you wish what they are preventing you from doing is redefining an ancient tradition. Even then they aren't preventing you from doing it, they're just forcing you to do it through legislation rather than through the courts.

As far as not wanting to be considered a sinner..... we're all sinners.

6000+ posts
6000+ posts
Quote:

Matter-eater Man said:
Quote:

the G-man said:
Quote:

Beardguy57 said:

Fair enough.

How do you vote?

Clinton all the way. The GOP is willing to change the Constitution to reflect an anti-gay bias. Blech

Why is the ammendment called anti gay? There is no language in teh proposed ammendment that mentions gays. You could call it anti polygamy or anti beastiality.

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
In other words, MEM supports gay marriage. He opposes candidates who want to stop gay marriage.

Until that candidate is a likely nominee for his party. Then he engages in tortuous logic to claim the candidate is okay.

Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Quote:

wannabuyamonkey said:...
Why is the ammendment called anti gay? There is no language in teh proposed ammendment that mentions gays. You could call it anti polygamy or anti beastiality.

Your ignoring what the effect the amendment would have on gays. Most people tend to be more concerned about actual effect, which is in this case anti-gay.

Fair play!
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
Quote:

wannabuyamonkey said:
Quote:

First off, you haven't walked in my shoes either, so teh shoes argument is weak. You have no idea where I've been, what I've experienced, so don;t try to trump my personal experience with yours. If personal experience won the day then I could probobly make moot anything you say, but that's not how I roll, but to say you seem to have as much hate in you as those you despise.

Second, marraige isn't a human right, there are many restrictions on marraige today. To argue that it's a human right is to argue against every restriction. No one is preventing you from doing what you want to do, live whith whome you choose, love who you want to love or have sex whith whoever you wish what they are preventing you from doing is redefining an ancient tradition. Even then they aren't preventing you from doing it, they're just forcing you to do it through legislation rather than through the courts.

I will summarize my thoughts into two words:

Human Rights.

life." - Tuvok.

Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Quote:

the G-ham said:
I'm willing to pander for anti-gay groups if it helps get my party elected.

I'm willing to vote for the moderate who supports gays, like Hillary Clinton. Yeah she's not supporting gay marriage but instead civil unions. She's a good candidate not only for advancing gay rights but also from taking a big huge step backwards. That would happen if a candidate really far to the left won the primary. Election night would be a sea of red states with more chances of changing our Constitution to reflect hate & fear IMHO.

Fair play!
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
Quote:

Matter-eater Man said:
Quote:

the G-ham said:

I'm willing to vote for the moderate who supports gays, like Hillary Clinton. Yeah she's not supporting gay marriage but instead civil unions. She's a good candidate not only for advancing gay rights but also from taking a big huge step backwards. That would happen if a candidate really far to the left won the primary. Election night would be a sea of red states with more chances of changing our Constitution to reflect hate & fear IMHO.

I agree with you, ME MAN....we will see in 2008...

life." - Tuvok.

6000+ posts
6000+ posts
Quote:

Beardguy57 said:
Quote:

wannabuyamonkey said:
Quote:

I will summarize my thoughts into two words:

Human Rights.

Fine then.. you have human rights. So what's left to talk about?

Seriously, you totally ignore my argument and try instead of making any form of cojent argument yourself rely on a cheeky platitude, well, I hate to break it to you, but government endorsement isn;t a human right. The government allready lets you live your life as you see fit, you can have sex with whoever you want, be contractually obligated to that person if you see fit, you can have a religious cerimony. in essence you can do anything a married couple can do, government just won't endorse it, how is that a denial of human rights? Marraige has alwayse been about bringing together the two uniquily seperate elements of humanity, you want that redefined and the fact that society doesn;t unquestionably capitulate and deny the unique differences of men and women to join in a union that ideally produces offsping you think that's a denial of some unspecified human right and you attemt to silence any opposition by labeling them biggots. You're wholy unwilling to even consider a position that doesn;t offer you complete affermation.

Just for the sake of pretending you acctually read anything I said, let me ask you to back up your two word summary, please tell me what human right you are being denied.

6000+ posts
6000+ posts
Quote:

Beardguy57 said:
Quote:

Matter-eater Man said:
Quote:

the G-ham said:

I agree with you, ME MAN....we will see in 2008...

You agree with MEM that Hillary would be a good canidate even though she is willing to deny you essential human rights?

10000+ posts
10000+ posts
Quote:

wannabuyamonkey said:
If personal experience won the day then I could probobly make moot anything you say, but that's not how I roll

I'm a blind katrina surviving paraplegic with AIDS, cancer, and the plague.

Quote:

No one is preventing you from doing what you want to do, live whith whome you choose, love who you want to love or have sex whith whoever you wish what they are preventing you from doing is redefining an ancient tradition.

Marriage(at least, marriage in the western world) today is not the same as it was hundreds of years ago. It's not even the same as it was a few decades ago. It's been redefined and adjusted to fit the standards of an evolving society time and time again.

What is different now?

MisterJLA is RACKing awesome.
1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
Quote:

wannabuyamonkey said:

Seriously, you totally ignore my argument and try instead of making any form of cojent argument yourself rely on a cheeky platitude, well, I hate to break it to you, but government endorsement isn;t a human right. The government allready lets you live your life as you see fit, you can have sex with whoever you want, be contractually obligated to that person if you see fit, you can have a religious cerimony. in essence you can do anything a married couple can do, government just won't endorse it, how is that a denial of human rights?

Because the government is essentially saying, by your own statement, "you do what you want, but you don't have the same rights." Like being separate but equal.
Gay people want to be considered part of society, not a sub group.

Quote:

Marraige has alwayse been about bringing together the two uniquily seperate elements of humanity,

that's bullshit, and you should know it having read the bible. Marriage was about power and children and building households with multiple wives and heirs. Brides were sold to husbands, husbands had many wives, etc.
Then you have the poets and the writers who came along and turned marriage into some beautiful bonding of the souls.
I'm all for love, but marriage hardly has its origins in that.

Quote:

you want that redefined and the fact that society doesn;t unquestionably capitulate and deny the unique differences of men and women to join in a union that ideally produces offsping you think that's a denial of some unspecified human right and you attemt to silence any opposition by labeling them biggots.

how would gay marriage effect you? your wife? your marriage? your children?
I would figure gay sex would be the big button pusher. but since they can do that, they can live together, how does gay marriage effect YOU. What it does is allow two people to feel like they're part of society, not shunned.
Don't people have the right to feel accepted?
And to deny strangers the right to do something that will harm no one out of some sense of pride or baseless predjudice makes you a biggot.
Quote:

You're wholy unwilling to even consider a position that doesn;t offer you complete affermation.

again, what's wrong with being accepted, what's wrong with not being treated as a lesser being?
black people once were referred to in the dictionary as having lower mental capacity, they weren't allowed to marry whites.
if you accept the discrimination of gays, then you must also accept discrimination of blacks.
and that means you hate G-man and Wednesday.

Quote:

Just for the sake of pretending you acctually read anything I said, let me ask you to back up your two word summary, please tell me what human right you are being denied.

how about the right to be treated equally by their government.
my personal belief is that government shouldn't let anyone marry, they should do non-religious civil unions for anyone.
Marriage is a church thing, but as long as the government handles marriage, then anyone should be able to marry.

for me the question falls to "Do you believe two gay people can be in love?" If you believe they can, then you should have no problem with gay marriage. If you don't believe gay people can really love, then you're a biggot.

Bow ties are coool.
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Quote:

Animalman said:
Marriage(at least, marriage in the western world) today is not the same as it was hundreds of years ago. It's not even the same as it was a few decades ago. It's been redefined and adjusted to fit the standards of an evolving society time and time again.

That all depends on what perspective you're viewing it from. Are you describing it as a government institution or a particular tradition?

Quote:

r3x29yz4a said:
Because the government is essentially saying, by your own statement, "you do what you want, but you don't have the same rights." Like being separate but equal.
Gay people want to be considered part of society, not a sub group.

That's so stupid. That's even more stupid than "stupid" can be described as "stupid". Homosexuals have the legal ability to marry whatever male or female they choose as long as the sex they choose is opposite of theirs. That alone disproves your fallacious context of describing how "rights" are involved in the marriage arrangement.

Marriage has nothing to do with rights and everything to do with more efficiently organizing the population and its growth. The simple truth is that the institution of marriage actually works through the binding agreement of a male and female and not m/m or f/f.

Quote:

how would gay marriage effect you? your wife? your marriage? your children?

Gay marriage would unecessarily cause higher tax increase. That affects everyone dumbass. Assigning tax cuts for straight couples at least has pay off through the potential and/or definite production of offspring for whom that money could be used for. Because homosexuals don't have the obstacle of unexpected pregnancy, they have all the time in the world to save up and adopt or artificially inseminate themselves. They're never gonna be caught unawares like straights.

Quote:

I would figure gay sex would be the big button pusher. but since they can do that, they can live together, how does gay marriage effect YOU. What it does is allow two people to feel like they're part of society, not shunned.
Don't people have the right to feel accepted?
And to deny strangers the right to do something that will harm no one out of some sense of pride or baseless predjudice makes you a biggot.

That was beautiful r3x. Do you take lessons from Jesse Jackson? Beardguy maybe?

Quote:

for me the question falls to "Do you believe two gay people can be in love?" If you believe they can, then you should have no problem with gay marriage. If you don't believe gay people can really love, then you're a biggot.

The institution of marriage has absolutely nothing to do with love. You're confusing legal contracts with traditions.

1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
Quote:

Pariah said:

That's so stupid. That's even more stupid than "stupid" can be described as "stupid". Homosexuals have the legal ability to marry whatever male or female they choose as long as the sex they choose is opposite of theirs. That alone disproves your fallacious context of describing how "rights" are involved in the marriage arrangement.

Which is like saying you can order anything off the menu as long as its chicken noodle soup.

Quote:

Marriage has nothing to do with rights and everything to do with more efficiently organizing the population and its growth.

1. infertile men and women marry all the time.
2. if population growth is your aim then multiple partners, as shown in the bible, is the best way to go.

Quote:

The simple truth is that the institution of marriage actually works through the binding agreement of a male and female and not m/m or f/f.

and you can show me statistics on a generation of gay married couples held up against straight couples?

Quote:

Gay marriage would unecessarily cause higher tax increase.

????
Quote:

That affects everyone dumbass. Assigning tax cuts for straight couples at least has pay off through the potential and/or definite production of offspring for whom that money could be used for. Because homosexuals don't have the obstacle of unexpected pregnancy, they have all the time in the world to save up and adopt or artificially inseminate themselves. They're never gonna be caught unawares like straights.

i think that's the dumbest point ever. blind people are more likely to get hit by a car than a sigthed person, should they be the only ones allowed to have medical insurance?

Quote:

That was beautiful r3x. Do you take lessons from Jesse Jackson? Beardguy maybe?

so you avoid the actual point and make a personal attack?

Quote:

The institution of marriage has absolutely nothing to do with love. You're confusing legal contracts with traditions.

tradition isn't always a good thing.
Long tradition of women not being allowed to vote, of cheating spouses being stoned, of witch trials and iquisitions, of slavery, racism, sexism, crime, war, poverty, etc.
If you want to deny someone a chance to be happy in life based on some potential, and baseless, tax reason then I will have to again point out that you are a pathetic human being.

Bow ties are coool.
Page 38 of 50 1 2 36 37 38 39 40 49 50

Link Copied to Clipboard