Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 11 12
The conscience of the rkmbs!
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Fucking bastards. That guy's gonna end up a martyr. They won't even let him leave the country.

2500+ posts
2500+ posts
Yeah, my Spanish teacher thanked God that he was released in her prayer before class the other day. All I could think was how little she understood what was actually going on.

Reveling in the knowledge that Sammitch will never interrupt my nookie ever again. 112,000 RACK Points!
Officially "too old for this shit"
15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
Mother axes daughter to death in Jordan 'honour killing'

A Jordanian woman has hacked her 26-year-old daughter to death in her sleep with an axe for giving birth out of wedlock, the Jordan Times reported.

The 69-year-old mother and another daughter turned themselves in to police after Saturday's killing, claiming they had acted to cleanse the "family honour", the paper said, quoting official sources on Sunday.

They were charged with premeditated murder, the sources said.

It seems as if, every few weeks or months, we hear about some Muslim killing his or her daughter for having sex out of wedlock. Conversely, however, I can't recall the last time that even an evangelical Christian did the same thing.

1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
Quote:

the G-man said:
Mother axes daughter to death in Jordan 'honour killing'

A Jordanian woman has hacked her 26-year-old daughter to death in her sleep with an axe for giving birth out of wedlock, the Jordan Times reported.

The 69-year-old mother and another daughter turned themselves in to police after Saturday's killing, claiming they had acted to cleanse the "family honour", the paper said, quoting official sources on Sunday.

They were charged with premeditated murder, the sources said.

It seems as if, every few weeks or months, we hear about some Muslim killing his or her daughter for having sex out of wedlock. Conversely, however, I can't recall the last time that even an evangelical Christian did the same thing.

You have to consider that the middle east is a very harsh section of the world. things are different due to the history and the geography as much as the religion. the chinese sometimes drown their daughters in rivers.
i'm not defending either practice, but i think its rather biggoted for you to pick out a story and then use it to attack a religion.

Bow ties are coool.
terrible podcaster
15000+ posts
terrible podcaster
15000+ posts
Isn't that most of what you do with your time, ray?

go.

ᴚ ᴀ ᴐ ᴋ ᴊ ᴌ ᴧ
ಠ_ಠ
15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
Quote:

r3x29yz4a said:
Yeah there are terrorists who are muslim, there's also the ira, and those guys in wyoming and montana with bunkers and guns, and you could argue the israelis do terrorist acts.
no religion of the big 3 is free of fringe evil elements.

Quote:

r3x29yz4a said:
You have to consider that the middle east is a very harsh section of the world. things are different due to the history and the geography as much as the religion. the chinese sometimes drown their daughters in rivers.
i'm not defending either practice, but i think its rather biggoted for you to pick out a story and then use it to attack a religion.

A religion is composed of ideas and beliefs. If ideas or beliefs are repugnant or dangerous they deserve criticism.

1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
Quote:

the G-man said:
Quote:

r3x29yz4a said:
Yeah there are terrorists who are muslim, there's also the ira, and those guys in wyoming and montana with bunkers and guns, and you could argue the israelis do terrorist acts.
no religion of the big 3 is free of fringe evil elements.

Quote:

r3x29yz4a said:

A religion is composed of ideas and beliefs. If ideas or beliefs are repugnant or dangerous they deserve criticism.

But its the middle east governments that are the problem, you can't make the blanket statement that all muslims want to overthrow the U.S. Its just silly and bigotted.

Bow ties are coool.
6000+ posts
6000+ posts
I would take this seriously from any but you. You make silly biggoted generalisations about Christians all the time.

Putting the "fun" back in Fundamentalist Christian Dogma. " I know God exists because WBAM told me so. " - theory9 JLA brand RACK points = 514k
2000+ posts
2000+ posts
Can I say it and have it entered into the record then?

Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Does anyone really takes wbam seriously since he makes those types of denounciations all the time?

Fair play!
15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
Quote:

Matter-eater Man could have just as easily said:
Does anyone really takes [me] seriously since (I) make those types of denounciations [against Republicans] all the time?

Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Quote:

WBAM's alt ID that uses a spell checker said:
blah blah blah

Fair play!
2000+ posts
2000+ posts
G-man, we can play this game for a hell of a lot of people in this forum, on either side of the devide!

6000+ posts
6000+ posts
Quote:

Matter-eater Man said:
Does anyone really takes wbam seriously since he makes those types of denounciations all the time?

Maybe I denounce Ray for that all the time because it's true... you ever consider that?

Of course not, because you treat the posters on this board the same way you treat elected officials. Are you claiming that Ray doesn't make ignorant generalisations about Christians or are you just trying to make a backdoor denial by implying that my accusation must be false because I've made it more than once.

Putting the "fun" back in Fundamentalist Christian Dogma. " I know God exists because WBAM told me so. " - theory9 JLA brand RACK points = 514k
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
You ever consider that your addressing another poster that you regularly denounce WBAM? The WBAM/G-man show is getting a little old. If you guys want to concentrate more on attacking posters & less on what they say, why oh why is it a surprise that you start getting some of it back?

Fair play!
6000+ posts
6000+ posts
Yea, and you prove our point about your hypocracy by ignorring the fact that the poster I was denouncing was denouncing Wonder Boy. I just called him out because he does exactly the same thing he's accusing WB of.

We've pointed out that you have a magical way of not seeing any fault in your own even when they do teh same thing you claim others are doing. That's ok, though, I guess it's your schtick.

Do you really want to make the claim that I don;t adress what people say? Because I would love to have the oppertunity to make you look silly, but I'll give you a chance to amend your statement if you'd like to avaoid that.

terrible podcaster
15000+ posts
terrible podcaster
15000+ posts
Everybody settle the fuck down! That's an order!

go.

ᴚ ᴀ ᴐ ᴋ ᴊ ᴌ ᴧ
ಠ_ಠ
terrible podcaster
15000+ posts
terrible podcaster
15000+ posts
Please.

go.

ᴚ ᴀ ᴐ ᴋ ᴊ ᴌ ᴧ
ಠ_ಠ
15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
Quote:

r3x29yz4a said:its the middle east governments that are the problem, you can't make the blanket statement that all muslims want to overthrow the U.S. Its just silly and bigotted.

I haven't made that statement.

I've criticized tenets of Islam which I believe are dangerous or wrongheaded. I've criticized the faith and its followers for allowing themselves to be co-opted by "holy men" who use those, and similar, tenets to justify acts of evil.

I agree with your statement that the Islamic governments are a problem. However, it must also be noted that often those governments use religion as a basis for what they do.

For example, the leader of Iran has made it clear that his nation's recent acts have been in response to his belief in jihad.

Granted, you can find Christians who do similar things but, I would submit, the same numbers aren't there.

1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
Quote:

the G-man said:
Quote:

r3x29yz4a said:its the middle east governments that are the problem, you can't make the blanket statement that all muslims want to overthrow the U.S. Its just silly and bigotted.

I haven't made that statement.

I've criticized tenets of Islam which I believe are dangerous or wrongheaded. I've criticized the faith and its followers for allowing themselves to be co-opted by "holy men" who use those, and similar, tenets to justify acts of evil.

I agree with your statement that the Islamic governments are a problem. However, it must also be noted that often those governments use religion as a basis for what they do.

For example, the leader of Iran has made it clear that his nation's recent acts have been in response to his belief in jihad.

Granted, you can find Christians who do similar things but, I would submit, the same numbers aren't there.

well how do the muslims see bush though? probably the same way we see the muslims. religious people who say god wants them to find wars.
i think if bush were toned down then it'd be harder for these leaders to gain leverage. i also think we shouldn't support israel so strongly. it only has us taking sides.

Bow ties are coool.
2000+ posts
2000+ posts
Generally speaking I think we should support Israel. They are an ally and they are in a tough position out there, surrounded by countries that think they shouldn't even be there. But they are making it tough at the moment, they are killing a hell of a lot of civilians and doing pretty much what Hezbollah want them to. But they aren't in a great situation, they have to protect themselves somehow, Lebanon's government are no help and the UN is taking it's own sweet time.

15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
You can't seriously blame Bush for this. Islamist terrorists have been targeting victims, and the U.S., since well before his presidency.

Remember the Iranian hostage crisis? The president at that point was Jimmy "Mr Sensitive Liberal Camp David Peacemaker" Carter.

And while we defend Israel, which is only fitting since it is the only democracy in the middle east, we have often tried to get them to make concessions to the Palestinians.

Finally, as noted above, there are all sorts of violent, backwards, religious tenets that having nothing to do with global politics. In fact, we were just talking about one: the honor killings of young women.

Its not only absurd, its twisted, to blame the murder of young women on Bush and the Jews.

1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
Quote:

the G-man said:
You can't seriously blame Bush for this. Islamist terrorists have been targeting victims, and the U.S., since well before his presidency.

i didn't say he started it, just that it doesn't help things. and he is aggrevating things.

Quote:

And while we defend Israel, which is only fitting since it is the only democracy in the middle east, we have often tried to get them to make concessions to the Palestinians.

i'm not saying we turn on Israel, just that we shouldn't make such a strong alliance. Get us looking more impartial.

Bow ties are coool.
15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
And that will stop honor killings? Is that what you're saying?

2000+ posts
2000+ posts
I htink is point is that it may give us a better chance of getting in the middle to sort a ceasefire

15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
Even if you magically get a cease fire between Israel and every other middle eastern country, how will that stop honor killings, which are murders of young women for failing to remain suitably chaste under Islamic law.

Especially when such killings occur in Islamic nations not located in the middle east, for example, Indonesia?

2000+ posts
2000+ posts
Sorry, got myself a little sidetracked their!. I'll leave r3xt to himself there!

15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
Quote:

Steve T said:
The G-Man always wins. Don't ever question The G-man.

2000+ posts
2000+ posts
All hail the G-man!

heh!

6000+ posts
6000+ posts
Quote:

Captain Sammitch said:
Everybody settle the fuck down! That's an order!

Calmer than you are.

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Quote:

the G-man said:
Even if you magically get a cease fire between Israel and every other middle eastern country, how will that stop honor killings, which are murders of young women for failing to remain suitably chaste under Islamic law.

Especially when such killings occur in Islamic nations not located in the middle east, for example, Indonesia?

r3x reply:

Try to put this into context! The religion that's situated in that region is just in the middle of a harsh section of the world. So you can't judge it so scathingly G-bitch.

Sure, there haven't been any honor killings by the Christian population in the Middle East, but think about what goes on here! Daughters get excommunicated when they're not chaste. That's just as bad if not worse that Muslomic traditions.

After all, most of them are very smart and peaceful people. We can't make negative conclusions about the Muslims just from these hundreds of articles depicting violence perpetrated by them.

1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
Quote:

Pariah said:
Quote:

the G-man said:

Quote:

r3x reply:

that's not how you write a fake reply.

Quote:

Try to put this into context! The religion that's situated in that region is just in the middle of a harsh section of the world. So you can't judge it so scathingly G-bitch.

i don't think i can remember asking to have anything put into context. also i never use the word scathingly, it seems too gay.
see, my point that you're trying to mock is that the region is harsh and if it were christians there as the dominant faith, then they would be brutal too because the bible has just as many things about violence and killing as the koran does.
my problem is with the assertion that islam itself is violent and hellbent on killing everyone. if that were the case then something big and a worldwide fullscale war would've happened by now.
from the muslims i've known, they said jihad is more about fighting invaders, not terrorism against non-believers outside your home. meaning they must see us as invaders and a threat to them. i think we should look at the motives of people to understand things better.

Bow ties are coool.
15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
But how do you explain violent Muslims in Europe and Indonesia, neither of which is as "harsh" as the middle east?

And why aren't Israelis as harsh as Muslims towards their women, given they also live in the harsh middle east?

fudge
4000+ posts
fudge
4000+ posts
I think we can all agree that the notion that Islam is a religion of peace is a tad bit over-exxagerated!

Sure, the great majority of muslims live exemplary lives and deserve nothing but respect for renouncing the fundamentalistic muslims who use religion to further their cause.

But really, the islamic culture is based on among other things, honour. And that honour is often the cause of much death and grief.

Are muslims in general evil? of course not, but some are and they are the ones who's putting the lie to the truth that Islam is a religion of peace.

But then again. I think there are many outstanding muslims who follow the laws of the land and live exemplary lives who would not want us to confuse their religion with the fundamentalists....fundamentalism.

Racks be to MisterJLA
Tabarnak!
6000+ posts
Tabarnak!
6000+ posts
Quote:

Chant said:
I think we can all agree that the notion that Islam is a religion of peace is a tad bit over-exxagerated!

No we can't. It's no more or less violent then Christianity. The misconception comes in when one forgets to take into account the place of priveledge that Christians have in American society. They are a dominent force in the world (at the present moment). Were they in a similar underdog position as Muslims, there actions wouldn't be so different (as history can attest to).

If karma's a bitch, it will be my bitch!
15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
Quote:

klinton said:
No we can't. It's no more or less violent then Christianity. The misconception comes in when one forgets to take into account the place of priveledge that Christians have in American society. They are a dominent force in the world (at the present moment). Were they in a similar underdog position as Muslims, there actions wouldn't be so different (as history can attest to).

In countries where Muslims aren't dominent, such as the US, they tend to be less violent than in nations where they are dominant, such as the middle east, Indonesia, etc.

Osama bin laden was, and is, wealthy and that never stopped him from attacking us.

Yes, Christianity was violent in the past. But at that same time, so was Islam. However, where Christianity has largely eschewed a tradition of violence, large segments of Islam continue to embrace it.

Finally, I gotta say, klinton, I really think guys like you (ie, liberal gays) are slitting your own throats with your defense of Islam. If they ever do get in power, do you think you won't be executed?

In Saudi Arabia on April 16, 2001, five homosexuals were sentenced to 2,600 lashes and 6 years in prison, and four others to 2,400 lashes and 5 years’ imprisonment for “deviant sexual behavior.” Amnesty International subsequently reported that six men were executed on charges of deviant sexual behavior, some of which were related to their sexual orientation, but it was uncertain whether the six men who were executed were among the nine who were sentenced to flogging and imprisonment in April

It is difficult to establish precisely the number of homosexuals that have been executed in Iran since the Islamic revolution in 1979, since not all sentences are widely publicized, but estimates range from several hundred to 4,000 (3). According to Amnesty International, at least three homosexual men and two lesbians were publicly beheaded in January 1990. The Islamic Penal Law Against Homosexuals, approved in July 1991 and ratified in November of that year, is simple. Article 110: “Punishment for sodomy is killing; the Sharia judge decides on how to carry out the killing.” Article 129: “Punishment for lesbianism is one hundred (100) lashes for each party.” Article 131: “If the act of lesbianism is repeated three times and punishment is enforced each time, the death sentence will be issued the fourth time.”

While the Taliban ruled Afghanistan, it regularly executed homosexuals.

And, yet, here you are, blindly preaching acceptance of a belief system that would take you out faster than any Jerry Falwell.

Tabarnak!
6000+ posts
Tabarnak!
6000+ posts
I'm well aware of the reality, G-man. I don't want them in control either. But as a human being, I will not condemn them for thier beleifs. Perhaps it is the eternal human condition to want to assert your will on others...but I honestly believe there's room for everyone on this globe. I don't feel it's my position to judge thier path to heaven any more than it theirs to judge yours or mine.

I merely stated that it's severly hypocritical of anyone here to condemn them and declare them a violent people. They are no more or less so than you or I were positions reversed.

If karma's a bitch, it will be my bitch!
15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
NY Post

In Britain, a recent poll commissioned by TV documentarians discovered that nearly a third of young Muslim men agreed that the deadly bombings in England's subway and bus system in July 2005 "were justified because of British support for the war on terror."

Another survey, by The Times of London, found that 13 percent of Muslims of any age - the great majority of them of Pakistani origin - felt the bombers were "martyrs."

15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
Somali cleric calls for pope's death

A HARDLINE cleric linked to Somalia's powerful Islamist movement has called for Muslims to "hunt down" and kill Pope Benedict XVI for his controversial comments about Islam.

Sheikh Abubukar Hassan Malin urged Muslims to find the pontiff and punish him for insulting the Prophet Mohammed and Allah in a speech that he said was as offensive as author Salman Rushdie's novel The Satanic Verses.

"We urge you Muslims wherever you are to hunt down the Pope for his barbaric statements as you have pursued Salman Rushdie, the enemy of Allah who offended our religion," he said in Friday evening prayers.

"Whoever offends our Prophet Mohammed should be killed on the spot by the nearest Muslim," Malin, a prominent cleric in the Somali capital, told worshippers at a mosque in southern Mogadishu.

"We call on all Islamic Communities across the world to take revenge on the baseless critic called the pope," he said.

Reached by telephone on Saturday, Malin confirmed making the remarks that were echoed in less strident form by other senior clerics in the Supreme Islamic Council of Somalia (SICS).

Nun killed after Pope's speech

An elderly Italian nun who devoted her life to helping the sick in Africa was shot dead by two gunmen at a hospital Sunday in an attack possibly linked to worldwide Muslim anger toward Pope Benedict XVI and his recent comments on Islam.

Sister Leonella, 65, was shot in the back four times by pistol-wielding attackers as she left the Austrian-run S.O.S. hospital. Her bodyguard was also slain.

There was no claim of responsibility for the attack, which came just hours after a leading Somali cleric condemned the pope's remarks last week on Islam and violence.

Pope's apology fails to placate Muslims as violence goes on

Two churches in the West Bank were set on fire, following five incidents in the West Bank and Gaza on Saturday, when five churches were firebombed and fired at.

In some quarters, there were signs the Pope's remarks in Castelgandolfo were enough to draw a line under the affair. The second most senior leader of Egypt's Muslim Brotherhood said he accepted the clarification.

But, elsewhere, firebrand Islamic preachers continued to milk the crisis for all it was worth. In the holy city of Qom, in Iran, a hardline cleric, Ahmad Khatami, told hundreds of demonstrators that the Pope and President Bush were "united in order to repeat the Crusades".

"If the Pope does not apologise, Muslims' anger will continue until he becomes remorseful," he went on. "He should go to clerics and sit and learn about Islam."

Protests were also reported in India and Turkey.

Canada Free Press

In response to the Pope's suggestion that Islam might not be a peaceful religion, as if that's a news flash, Muslims murder an elderly Italian nun at the Children's Hospital in Somalia by shooting her in the back three times. They attack Christians and their churches, burn American flags and western leaders in effigy, all to prove just how peaceful and civilized they really are.

1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
Quote:

the G-man said:
Somali cleric calls for pope's death

A HARDLINE cleric linked to Somalia's powerful Islamist movement has called for Muslims to "hunt down" and kill Pope Benedict XVI for his controversial comments about Islam.

Sheikh Abubukar Hassan Malin urged Muslims to find the pontiff and punish him for insulting the Prophet Mohammed and Allah in a speech that he said was as offensive as author Salman Rushdie's novel The Satanic Verses.

"We urge you Muslims wherever you are to hunt down the Pope for his barbaric statements as you have pursued Salman Rushdie, the enemy of Allah who offended our religion," he said in Friday evening prayers.

"Whoever offends our Prophet Mohammed should be killed on the spot by the nearest Muslim," Malin, a prominent cleric in the Somali capital, told worshippers at a mosque in southern Mogadishu.

"We call on all Islamic Communities across the world to take revenge on the baseless critic called the pope," he said.

Reached by telephone on Saturday, Malin confirmed making the remarks that were echoed in less strident form by other senior clerics in the Supreme Islamic Council of Somalia (SICS).

Nun killed after Pope's speech

An elderly Italian nun who devoted her life to helping the sick in Africa was shot dead by two gunmen at a hospital Sunday in an attack possibly linked to worldwide Muslim anger toward Pope Benedict XVI and his recent comments on Islam.

Sister Leonella, 65, was shot in the back four times by pistol-wielding attackers as she left the Austrian-run S.O.S. hospital. Her bodyguard was also slain.

There was no claim of responsibility for the attack, which came just hours after a leading Somali cleric condemned the pope's remarks last week on Islam and violence.

Pope's apology fails to placate Muslims as violence goes on

Two churches in the West Bank were set on fire, following five incidents in the West Bank and Gaza on Saturday, when five churches were firebombed and fired at.

In some quarters, there were signs the Pope's remarks in Castelgandolfo were enough to draw a line under the affair. The second most senior leader of Egypt's Muslim Brotherhood said he accepted the clarification.

But, elsewhere, firebrand Islamic preachers continued to milk the crisis for all it was worth. In the holy city of Qom, in Iran, a hardline cleric, Ahmad Khatami, told hundreds of demonstrators that the Pope and President Bush were "united in order to repeat the Crusades".

"If the Pope does not apologise, Muslims' anger will continue until he becomes remorseful," he went on. "He should go to clerics and sit and learn about Islam."

Protests were also reported in India and Turkey.

Canada Free Press

In response to the Pope's suggestion that Islam might not be a peaceful religion, as if that's a news flash, Muslims murder an elderly Italian nun at the Children's Hospital in Somalia by shooting her in the back three times. They attack Christians and their churches, burn American flags and western leaders in effigy, all to prove just how peaceful and civilized they really are.

its tragic that these few crazy radicals are able to damage the entire religion's reputation.

Bow ties are coool.
Page 5 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 11 12

Link Copied to Clipboard