Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 15 of 40 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 39 40
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I knew it! Voyager is coming to Spike Tv in January. I missed the exact date but will get that later and post it.

It will be on Spike on weekdays at 5 and 6 pm.

Awesome! I finally get to tape all the ones I missed!

It used to be on weeknights on a local cable channel here up till a year ago, and I have missed it since it was taken off.. I think they replaced it with re - runs of Columbo, ugh!

"I offer you a Vulcan prayer, Mr Suder. May your

death bring you the peace you never found in

life." - Tuvok.

I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
PS - The marathon is on from 9 am to 6 pm.

Six episodes!

life." - Tuvok.

I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
Okay, Voyager episodes will start on JANUARY 2, 2007!

life." - Tuvok.

Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
Voyager sucks!

whomod said: I generally don't like it when people decide to play by the rules against people who don't play by the rules.
It tends to put you immediately at a disadvantage and IMO is a sign of true weakness.
This is true both in politics and on the internet."

Our Friendly Neighborhood Ray-man said: "no, the doctor's right. besides, he has seniority."
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
hmmph!

life." - Tuvok.

I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
Today, I was out most of the day and forgot to pop a tape into the machine, but I did see a really cool 2 part Voyager episode called " Basics.'' It was very good!

I'll be out most of tomorrow, too, but already have a six hour tape ready!

I saw most of what was on yesterday; very cool!

life." - Tuvok.

1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
Voyager was crap. It could've been great but they never had the balls to do it.
Every time an episode brought up an interesting character change or conflict it was forgotten by the next week and they spent loads of time in the first year talking about limited replicator and photon torpedo supplies but then forgot that too.

DS9 was the best because they had the nerve to put the characters into the war and tough situations instead of just having them fly by and preach like TOS and TNG did. Though TNG had a solid cast that knew how to sell the episodic formula weekly and TOS is a 60's acid trip on film.

Enterprise was a show I really wanted to like. I think they just were never sure what to do with it. They tried to not be Star Trek, then they tried a 9/11-themed arc but once they accepted being a prequel series and did the prequel arcs (year 4) it was decent but still too little too late.

Bow ties are coool.
1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
as for the movies:
1-sucked. it was too god damned long and boring and had too many scenes that were just "marvelling" at the awe of the 1979 graphics. also the uniforms were pastels and too tight.
2-great the first time, but only good on re-watching. i like that they admitted the cast was old and they stopped trying to make shatner sexy which let everyone put actual acting into their character.
3-meh. its really 2.5 and not its own film.
4-great. the most financially successful trek film for a reason: the crew on modern day earth is funny and non-trek fans can enjoy it. its the only star trek that people who hate star trek can watch.
5-worst of the TOS movies. bad acting, meandering plot, just a complete piece of shit.
6-my personal favorite of the TOS films. its just a good story that serves as a real finale to Kirk's era and also deals with the "old soldier" metaphor nicely and parallels the fall of the USSR.
7-never felt this was a film, more a last episode for TNG with torch-passing bits. overall a good film with nice A and B plots. the Enterprise crashing was cool and really more of a surprise than Kirk dying.
8-the best trek movie. its creepy and funny and just plain cool. its a trek film you can use to justify liking star trek.
9-terrible piece of shit. i was really let down. i wasn't sure if this was supposed to be a comedy or a serious morality drama. either way it failed on both marks.
10-long, boring, pointless, and basically ripped off elements of prior trek films and cut down a lot of really nice character scenes (you can find them on youtube, including an extended ending that was much better than the theatrical one).

Bow ties are coool.
terrible podcaster
15000+ posts
terrible podcaster
15000+ posts
I think a majority of Trek fans and non-fans alike would agree that First Contact is, if not the best of the films, at least second-best.

go.

ᴚ ᴀ ᴐ ᴋ ᴊ ᴌ ᴧ
ಠ_ಠ
Regenerated
15000+ posts
Regenerated
15000+ posts
Quote:

Captain Sammitch said:
No. Voyager is a step above Enterprise in my opinion, but that's only a relative position. There were maybe four or five episodes of Voyager I really liked. IMHO, the Trek on TV still doesn't get any better than TNG starting with the 'Best of Both Worlds' cliffhanger, as well as the Dominion War.

Oh PUH-LEEZE! I've never seen worse Tre---

Quote:

Captain Sammitch said:
And before you say anything about why I'm wrong for liking Enterprise, Pro (or doc, I can't recall), remember that we're looking at it from two different perspectives.

--.......oh. Uh.....damn. Okay....

Regenerated
15000+ posts
Regenerated
15000+ posts
Quote:

thedoctor said:
Voyager sucks!

Yes!!

Beardguy57 #652737 2006-12-20 4:03 PM
Regenerated
15000+ posts
Regenerated
15000+ posts
Quote:

Beardguy57 said:
Actually, I kind of would like to see EVERY episode of Enterprise! I hope they bring it to Spike tv before too long!

Worth it! I don't think they really found their feet until the third year, JUST like (Gasp!) every incarnation of Trek. Of course, by then, behind-the-scenes power-shifts at Paramount just killed it. Breaks my heart. That cast deserved better...

Regenerated
15000+ posts
Regenerated
15000+ posts
Quote:

r3x29yz4a said:
Voyager was crap. It could've been great but they never had the balls to do it.
Every time an episode brought up an interesting character change or conflict it was forgotten by the next week and they spent loads of time in the first year talking about limited replicator and photon torpedo supplies but then forgot that too.

DS9 was the best because they had the nerve to put the characters into the war and tough situations instead of just having them fly by and preach like TOS and TNG did. Though TNG had a solid cast that knew how to sell the episodic formula weekly and TOS is a 60's acid trip on film.

Enterprise was a show I really wanted to like. I think they just were never sure what to do with it. They tried to not be Star Trek, then they tried a 9/11-themed arc but once they accepted being a prequel series and did the prequel arcs (year 4) it was decent but still too little too late.

Pretty damn spot on!

Regenerated
15000+ posts
Regenerated
15000+ posts
Quote:

r3x29yz4a said:
as for the movies:
1-sucked. it was too god damned long and boring and had too many scenes that were just "marvelling" at the awe of the 1979 graphics. also the uniforms were pastels and too tight.
2-great the first time, but only good on re-watching. i like that they admitted the cast was old and they stopped trying to make shatner sexy which let everyone put actual acting into their character.
3-meh. its really 2.5 and not its own film.
4-great. the most financially successful trek film for a reason: the crew on modern day earth is funny and non-trek fans can enjoy it. its the only star trek that people who hate star trek can watch.
5-worst of the TOS movies. bad acting, meandering plot, just a complete piece of shit.
6-my personal favorite of the TOS films. its just a good story that serves as a real finale to Kirk's era and also deals with the "old soldier" metaphor nicely and parallels the fall of the USSR.
7-never felt this was a film, more a last episode for TNG with torch-passing bits. overall a good film with nice A and B plots. the Enterprise crashing was cool and really more of a surprise than Kirk dying.
8-the best trek movie. its creepy and funny and just plain cool. its a trek film you can use to justify liking star trek.
9-terrible piece of shit. i was really let down. i wasn't sure if this was supposed to be a comedy or a serious morality drama. either way it failed on both marks.
10-long, boring, pointless, and basically ripped off elements of prior trek films and cut down a lot of really nice character scenes (you can find them on youtube, including an extended ending that was much better than the theatrical one).

YES!!!

Nemesis was beautiful in an aesthetic/visual way....and, the idea was solid. But, having all the clones and the like was pointless. And, yeah...cutting out all the good-bye character moments? Talk about raping the point of the movie...

1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
Quote:

Prometheus said:
Nemesis was beautiful in an aesthetic/visual way....and, the idea was solid. But, having all the clones and the like was pointless. And, yeah...cutting out all the good-bye character moments? Talk about raping the point of the movie...

someone cut together the deleted scenes to make a much better ending. Some real nice moments and better sense of closure than what we got.

Bow ties are coool.
Regenerated
15000+ posts
Regenerated
15000+ posts
Oh yeah, between those I've seen on YouTube and the Deleted scenes on the DVD, you can see the scipt actually gave a true sense of closure. And I fucking LOVE Riker getting in a final prank. That's fucking perfect!!

Your death will make me king!
15000+ posts
Your death will make me king!
15000+ posts
That was brilliant. The way it should have been done.

Unbreakable
3000+ posts
Unbreakable
3000+ posts
... 'cause I've seen several episodes since I last posted. Yesterday I saw "Force of Nature" in which Data tries to train his cat Spot and in which it's discovered that the warp drive causes environmental damages. Today I saw "Inheritance" in which Data meets an elder woman who claims to be his mother... is she?

"Phantasms", an earlier ep, was great. Data gets nuts because of invisible aliens eating the crew. Picard and LaForge teams up with Dr Freud!

"Batman is only meaningful as an answer to a world which in its basics is chaotic and in the hands of the wrong people, where no justice can be found. I think it's very suitable to our perception of the world's condition today... Batman embodies the will to resist evil" -Frank Miller

"Conan, what's the meaning of life?"
"To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!"
-Conan the Barbarian

"Well, yeah."
-Jason E. Perkins

"If I had a dime for every time Pariah was right about something I'd owe twenty cents."
-Ultimate Jaburg53

"Fair enough. I defer to your expertise."
-Prometheus

Rack MisterJLA!
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
Ray! That video was fantastic! And VERY moving.. thank you for posting it.

life." - Tuvok.

I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
Quote:

Captain Sweden said:
... 'cause I've seen several episodes since I last posted. Yesterday I saw "Force of Nature" in which Data tries to train his cat Spot and in which it's discovered that the warp drive causes environmental damages. Today I saw "Inheritance" in which Data meets an elder woman who claims to be his mother... is she?

"Phantasms", an earlier ep, was great. Data gets nuts because of invisible aliens eating the crew. Picard and LaForge teams up with Dr Freud!

Those are ALL good episodes, Captain Sweden.

life." - Tuvok.

I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
Scorpion part 2 is on, 7 of 9 has just made her very first appearance!

This two parter is Voyager at it's VERY best; The Voyager crew and the Borg must unite to defeat a common enemy.. species 8472!

I remember.. it was either May 96 or May 97.. when Scorpion part 1 aired.. and I spent many free moments wondering just HOW they were gonna get out of that one!

At one point, George got sick of me talking about it, and said, : " I hate to wish the summer away, but I wish it was the fall so that you could see Part 2 already! "

Yeah, he used to watch Star Trek shows with me.

life." - Tuvok.

I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
Okay, today is the next to last day of this marathon.

I have enjoyed it immensley!

I taped a lot of it.

Scorpion and Year of Hell are on the same six hour tape.

I have a few hours of it yet to watch that I taped.

I will tape it tomorrow, too.

I just finished watching the one where the Doctor has a holographic family and this one is VERY moving, as well as written excellently.

Now on: The one with the dinosaur people who meet the Voyager crew and don't want to face that their two races originated on Earth.

I'll miss it when it is over, but January 2 is NOT far away!

life." - Tuvok.

terrible podcaster
15000+ posts
terrible podcaster
15000+ posts
I'll be waiting for Unimatrix Zero and Endgame.

go.

ᴚ ᴀ ᴐ ᴋ ᴊ ᴌ ᴧ
ಠ_ಠ
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
Those are awesome, Phil! Endgame was bittersweet.. I mean, you just ached for Janeway and crew to make it home... and when they do... it is goodbye..wish they had shown them all on Earth.. Ensign Kim seeing his family again... Tom seeing his father and introducing his wife and child to him.. it could have made for a few moving scenes, like when Nemesis ended.

Remember - Voyager will be on Spike TV starting on Jan. 2 nd at 5 & 6 pm weekdays, eastern time, check local listings.

life." - Tuvok.

1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
I hated Endgame. I actually just watched it the other day. It would've been great if Voyager had gotten home halfway through part two instead of 10 seconds before the episode ended.
The reason I loved DS9's last episode is the second hour of it was people saying goodbye and moving on.
And that's what Endgame was lacking. I do give points though for showing the alternate future and what they were doing. And for reusing the future uniforms from All Good Things...

Bow ties are coool.
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
Read my post directly above yours, Ray... I, too, wish they had shown a goodbye scene in Endgame, and then had shown the bridge crew being reunited with their families again, at last.

life." - Tuvok.

1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
Voyager just pissed me off, but I still watched every episode. There was no attention to any of the little things. Harry was an ensign for SEVEN YEARS, I know its a small thing but the details like rank matter.
Other than Tom/B'lanna there was no real development of the relationships. They were just instant friends from the second year on.
Compare it to the growing bond of friendship between O'Brien and Bashir. Or the Worf/Dax relationship.

Bow ties are coool.
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
You are correct. The characters.. with the exception of 7of 9... were not allowed to evolve. ( And then, 7 was only allowed to evolve so far.. )

I, too, wondered why Harry was an ensign for 7 years.

After all, Tom Paris was demoted in that time... to ensign.. and subsequently, returned to the rank of Leutenant.

Maybe Janeway felt that any promotions ought to wait till Voyager got back to the Alpha quadrant?

But still, Ray, you raise a good point.

Perhaps the show's creators wanted something so different with Voyager, that they neglected the obvious.

life." - Tuvok.

I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
Well, the marathon is over. Gotta wait 11 days till the show is on weekdays on Spike at 5 & 6 pm., eastern time.

Can't wait to tape the first episode! And other ones....

life." - Tuvok.

I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
There is absolutely NOTHING on tv tonight, and since I was very busy all week, and did not see all of each episode I taped, I have Scorpion on now... great 2 part episode!

life." - Tuvok.

1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
Quote:

Beardguy57 said:
You are correct. The characters.. with the exception of 7of 9... were not allowed to evolve. ( And then, 7 was only allowed to evolve so far.. )

I, too, wondered why Harry was an ensign for 7 years.

After all, Tom Paris was demoted in that time... to ensign.. and subsequently, returned to the rank of Leutenant.

Maybe Janeway felt that any promotions ought to wait till Voyager got back to the Alpha quadrant?

But still, Ray, you raise a good point.

Perhaps the show's creators wanted something so different with Voyager, that they neglected the obvious.

well the Producers take the brunt of the blame for Enterprise and Voyager. Enterprise pretty much neglected everyone but the main 3. Travis went through most of the show as a glorified extra. The little details were overlooked by this crew.
Ronald D. Moore, a great writer who did incredible work on TNG and DS9 (and currently runs Battlestar Galactica), went to Voyager when DS9 ended and was let down by how little the producers cared about stories and logic. They wanted big episodes but to have things back to status quo at the end.
this provides some of his complaints, and they're valid:
http://www.mania.com/18741.html

Voyager had a great premise but sadly failed to respect the fan's own sense of reason and logic. I actually watched Voyager every week for its entire run, hoping for it kick in and become a great show.

Sorry to ramble on, I have a lot to say about Voyager after seven years of being let down.

Bow ties are coool.
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
It is ok. I kinda feel let down by Voyager, too, but, as it is still quite watchable, I will... watch it.

life." - Tuvok.

notnotnotnotnotnotnotwedge
2500+ posts
notnotnotnotnotnotnotwedge
2500+ posts
I watched a few of the episodes. my favorite of gthe ones I watched was "Basics part 2". Suder was a cool character and the path to his redemption was really moving. It's too bad the character wasn't used more.

"I offer you a Vulcan prayer, Mr Suder. May your death bring you the peace you never found in life."

I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
Hi NotWedge, Merry Christmas to you and Ariel! Hope you are both doing well!!

Basics pt 1 & 2 is a terrific episode! I wish I'd taped it, but I did not, and will so so in a few weeks when it is on again.

life." - Tuvok.

I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
In fact, I like that quote so much, I added it to my signature!

life." - Tuvok.

I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
The actor who played Mr. Suder was Brad Dourif, who did the voice for Chucky in the Child's Play movies. He was also in Alien Resurrection.

life." - Tuvok.

I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
Look at several Voyager episodes here :

http://tv.peekvid.com/s2937/

life." - Tuvok.

I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
Here is the Voyager episode giude; it will come in handy if, like me, you will burn dvd's or tape episodes.

http://epguides.com/StarTrekVoyager/

life." - Tuvok.

I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts

life." - Tuvok.

1 Millionth Customer