Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Award-Winning Author
10000+ posts
Award-Winning Author
10000+ posts
Not to say that there hasn't been anything interesting done with the character prior to Morrison and Whedon, just that said things have been confusing as hell. Have they ever made ANY progress on the fabled third Summers brother? It originally was supposed to be Adam X a.k.a. X-treme. (Ah, you have to love that early 90's character design...)

Knutreturns said: Spoken like the true Greatest RDCW Champ!

All hail King Snarf!

PJP Offline OP
We already are
15000+ posts
OP Offline
We already are
15000+ posts
his name is Gabriel......code name Vulcan. he is the third Summers brother and he was given a pretty big story arc the past year.

PJP Offline OP
We already are
15000+ posts
OP Offline
We already are
15000+ posts
oh and he's a bad guy.

Award-Winning Author
10000+ posts
Award-Winning Author
10000+ posts
In which book. I.e., who's writing it? (Please God, don't let him say Claremont...)

All hail King Snarf!

PJP Offline OP
We already are
15000+ posts
OP Offline
We already are
15000+ posts
It was a mini series...I can't remeber the name right now...I only slept 2 hours last night. Claremont didn't write it.

Regenerated
15000+ posts
Regenerated
15000+ posts
I make no excuses for the utter shite that have been the X-books for over a decade now (save Morrison's run). However, Scott has always been a barrel of psycho when it comes to his women.

Do I like the character? Sure. Could more be done with him? No doubt...

devil-lovin' Bat-Man
15000+ posts
devil-lovin' Bat-Man
15000+ posts
Ed Bukkake wrote "Identity Cri..." I mean, "Deadly Genesis", the mini where Vulcan is introduced. He continued the crappiness in Uncanny X-Men and it's still going.

Regenerated
15000+ posts
Regenerated
15000+ posts

6000+ posts
6000+ posts
You think the rug matches the drapes?

Or does she have slick floors?

We all wear a green carnation.
Tabarnak!
6000+ posts
Tabarnak!
6000+ posts
Quote:

Jim Jackson said:
You think the rug matches the drapes?

Or does she have slick floors?

She's really a read head...thus the competition with Jean all the time.

If karma's a bitch, it will be my bitch!
cookie monster
7500+ posts
cookie monster
7500+ posts
Quote:

Prometheus said:
I make no excuses for the utter shite that have been the X-books for over a decade now (save Morrison's run).

I know you hate Whedon, but have you actually read any of the AXM thusfar? Seriously, I'm just wondering if you've checked it out at all, or bc. you don't like Whedon you haven't looked at it. I can't speak for the rest of the X-titles, as I haven't read them in the last few years (save for the Ultimate X-Men), so I don't know if I would agree with your assesment of them or not, but AXM has been a good read.

Dear, sweet Harley Kwink...I'm madly in love with you. Marry me! We can go to Canadia. Or Boston or something. It'll be grand...You know the cookies are a given. They are ALWAYS a given. You could dump me tomorrow and you'd still get the cookies. Boston..shit, wherever dyke weddings were legalized. And where better to rub their little piggie noses in how bad they suck than right on their doorstep? What are they gonna do? Be jealous of you? Stare furiously at your tah-tahs? Not willingly give you cookies, but instead begrudgingly give you their cookies? Woman, time to wake up to the powers you wield - Uschi

6000+ posts
6000+ posts
Seconded.

I'll also add that X-FACTOR has been good. Peter David's been telling a cool story there and he's made Madrox a very interesting character, now a gumshoe.

I can't comment on the other X-titles, but these two are good.

Hey, if ya don't like 'em, ya don't like 'em. But I think they should be at least sampled before consigned to the trash heap.

cookie monster
7500+ posts
cookie monster
7500+ posts
See, I understand if one doesn't like a writer/artist and initailly doesn't want to bother looking at a title - I'll prolly never again pick up anything that has Loeb's name on it - however, that said, if the buzz on a title was really good, then I might give it a look despite the writer, just to see if it lived up to the hype. That's all I'm saying.

Dear, sweet Harley Kwink...I'm madly in love with you. Marry me! We can go to Canadia. Or Boston or something. It'll be grand...You know the cookies are a given. They are ALWAYS a given. You could dump me tomorrow and you'd still get the cookies. Boston..shit, wherever dyke weddings were legalized. And where better to rub their little piggie noses in how bad they suck than right on their doorstep? What are they gonna do? Be jealous of you? Stare furiously at your tah-tahs? Not willingly give you cookies, but instead begrudgingly give you their cookies? Woman, time to wake up to the powers you wield - Uschi

Regenerated
15000+ posts
Regenerated
15000+ posts
Actually, I DID try out AXM for the first two or three issues. However, I couldn't get past the forced, witty-to-be-witty's-sake glib dialogue. The supposed "reasoning/logic" behind their return to spandex was fucking ludicrous. His so wanting to make Kitty Pryde "Buffy" was nauseating. And, then he goes and fucks over one of their most tragic sacrifices by bringing Colossus back. No reason. He's just alive. At least, that's all I could get out of it.

Cassiday's art is gorgeous as usual. But, I hate this book, and his writing, due to an informed opinion. Same with Firefly, and generally anything else he touches. He taints them all with mediocrity...

Regenerated
15000+ posts
Regenerated
15000+ posts
BTW, I have nothing against anything Peter David does. In fact, I plan on getting his X-Factor trades when they come out. If they're as good as the first time he wrote that series, then I simply cannot wait...

cookie monster
7500+ posts
cookie monster
7500+ posts
Quote:

Prometheus said:
Actually, I DID try out AXM for the first two or three issues. However, I couldn't get past the forced, witty-to-be-witty's-sake glib dialogue. The supposed "reasoning/logic" behind their return to spandex was fucking ludicrous. His so wanting to make Kitty Pryde "Buffy" was nauseating. And, then he goes and fucks over one of their most tragic sacrifices by bringing Colossus back. No reason. He's just alive. At least, that's all I could get out of it.

Cassiday's art is gorgeous as usual. But, I hate this book, and his writing, due to an informed opinion. Same with Firefly, and generally anything else he touches. He taints them all with mediocrity...

Ok, fair enough. I was just curious.

Regenerated
15000+ posts
Regenerated
15000+ posts
Again, I have nothing against you liking it. But, I won't have anything to do with the X-verse until he's gone...

Officially "too old for this shit"
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Quote:

Prometheus said:
Again, I have nothing against you liking it. But, I won't have anything to do with the X-verse until he's gone...

That pretty much prevents you from reading ninety percent of Marvels output doesn't it?

What about Whedon's writing on one particular book is so offensive to you (poor deluded fellow that you are) that you can't read any of the other books in which the X-men appear?

cookie monster
7500+ posts
cookie monster
7500+ posts
But you just said that you would check out X-Factor if David was writing it...

And I wouldn't expect you to have anything against me for having good taste and liking Whedon.

Award-Winning Author
10000+ posts
Award-Winning Author
10000+ posts
Quote:

the G-man said:
Quote:

Prometheus said:

That pretty much prevents you from reading ninety percent of Marvels output doesn't it?

What about Whedon's writing on one particular book is so offensive to you (poor deluded fellow that you are) that you can't read any of the other books in which the X-men appear?

Am I to infer that G-Man likes Whedon? My whole world is coming unhinged!!!

All hail King Snarf!

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
As far as TV goes I can take Whedon or leave him. I liked "Buffy" when I bothered to watch it and thought "Angel" was "okay." I never saw "Firefly" or "Serenity" and couldn't name another show of his if I tried.

As far as "X-men" goes, I think Whedon is easily the best writer on the book since Claremont was at his peak in the late 70s and early 80s.

6000+ posts
6000+ posts
Quote:

the G-man said:
Whedon is easily the best writer on the book since Claremont was at his peak in the late 70s and early 80s.

Claremont 1975-80 was great.
Morrison 2001-2004 was great.
Whedon's work is great.

All other "Uncanny X-Men" stuff pales next to these eras.

Regenerated
15000+ posts
Regenerated
15000+ posts
Quote:

the G-man said:
Quote:

Prometheus said:

Are you really trying to pick a board-wide fight with me? Really?

As far as Marvel, the only things I read from them are Civil War and She-Hulk. Other than that, it's all pretty much mediocre.

And, Harley, I said I would try David's book when it (a) comes out in trade, and (b) Whedon is done with his rehash and stale repetition...

kung-fu treachery
5000+ posts
kung-fu treachery
5000+ posts
No Annihilation, Promys?

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Quote:

the G-man said:

Quote:

Prometheus said:
Are you really trying to pick a board-wide fight with me? Really?

Geez...do I have to put a "winky" ( )after every little joke I make these days with you?

cookie monster
7500+ posts
cookie monster
7500+ posts
Quote:

Prometheus said:

And, Harley, I said I would try David's book when it (a) comes out in trade, and (b) Whedon is done with his rehash and stale repetition...

*sigh*

You are just not up for flirting today, are you?

Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
Quote:

harleykwin said:
And I wouldn't expect you to have anything against me for having good taste and liking Whedon.

Not liking Whedon is the only good taste Pro has.

whomod said: I generally don't like it when people decide to play by the rules against people who don't play by the rules.
It tends to put you immediately at a disadvantage and IMO is a sign of true weakness.
This is true both in politics and on the internet."

Our Friendly Neighborhood Ray-man said: "no, the doctor's right. besides, he has seniority."
Regenerated
15000+ posts
Regenerated
15000+ posts
Quote:

thedoctor said:
Quote:

harleykwin said:

YEAH!!

Wait......

Regenerated
15000+ posts
Regenerated
15000+ posts
Quote:

harleykwin said:
Quote:

Prometheus said:

*sigh*

You are just not up for flirting today, are you?

Whedon kills the mood for me...

cookie monster
7500+ posts
cookie monster
7500+ posts
Quote:

thedoctor said:
Quote:

harleykwin said:

Et tu, el doctor? Et tu?

And here I thought you had some good taste, as you like Elvis...

Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
I do have good taste, which is why I like Elvis and hate Whedon.

whomod said: I generally don't like it when people decide to play by the rules against people who don't play by the rules.
It tends to put you immediately at a disadvantage and IMO is a sign of true weakness.

Our Friendly Neighborhood Ray-man said: "no, the doctor's right. besides, he has seniority."
cookie monster
7500+ posts
cookie monster
7500+ posts
Quote:

thedoctor said:
I do have good taste, which is why I like Elvis and hate Whedon.

Your good taste has a 50/50 split there, babe. But at least you're one step ahead of Pro...

Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
My good taste has 20/20 vision. Yours apparently has had far too many bottles of wine.

cookie monster
7500+ posts
cookie monster
7500+ posts
No, but it has "20/20" hearing... Your vision is an entirely other matter...

and it's whiskey, hon, not wine...

Regenerated
15000+ posts
Regenerated
15000+ posts

Award-Winning Author
10000+ posts
Award-Winning Author
10000+ posts
I enjoy the song stylings of The King of Rock and Roll as well as the writing of Joss Whedon.

All hail King Snarf!

cookie monster
7500+ posts
cookie monster
7500+ posts
Finally!

Regenerated
15000+ posts
Regenerated
15000+ posts
It's Snarf. Doesn't that tell you anything?

Why so serious?
25+ posts
Why so serious?
25+ posts
Harleykwin you have great tastes! I LOVE X-Men!! Josh Whedon is the best writer in many years! Who do yuo like as writer Prometheus? Don't you like Colossus?

Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
Quote:

harleykwin said:
No, but it has "20/20" hearing... Your vision is an entirely other matter...

and it's whiskey, hon, not wine...

Apparently, you and your taste are both sloppy drunk. No wonder your judgement is so imparied.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard