"He's doing it again."

Grimm looked up from his bowl at Danny. "Who's doing what?"

"Drake. He's doing that thing with his sword. All he seems to do is complain about being old and meditate with that sword of his."

"I'll go check on him." Edulcore stood up and walked over to the kneeling figure closer to the fire. He wondered how he was going to get Drake's attention for just a moment when Drake spoke without turning around.

"I can't find them." Drake opened his eyes and gazed into the fire. "If they're even here."

"Who?"

"The dragons." Drake stood up, strapping his sword to his back. A sword not of this world or the world he called home. The sword that proclaimed him a Dragonmasfer. "I'm not sure if they're too far away or they're hiding their presence somehow or if there aren't any on this world. I just know I can't find any."

"And you feel the need to keep trying?"

"Y'know. Keeps me busy while everyone's getting busy."

The former Raptor chuckled. "You have a way with words."

"I do what I can."

"You also do your best not to say what you're really thinking about."

Drake paused a moment. "I'm thinking about Dragonrider and 110."

"I'm afraid I don't follow."

"That's what my daughter and my son plan on calling themselves. When they're superheroes."

"So, they're like you."

Drake smiled, looking at once like the young man he once was and the proud father he'd become. "Better. They take after their mother too. I'm pretty sure they're already smarter than I am. Dirk is athletic enough that I may have to pull him out of organized sports. Connie can communicate telepathically with dragons and already has one of Drax's hatchlings picked out to be her partner." Drake paused a moment. "I'm closer to being a father to superheroes than to the days when I was one myself. I used to think my powers would slow down my aging. Guess I was wrong."

"And you don't know why you came along on this mission."

"I know why I came." Drake laughed ruefully at himself. "I want to prove I can still do it. I'm just starting to wonder if I can."

"You'll have your chance, Drake. For now, come and eat. The food's good and it'll do you more good than trying to talk to dragons that may or may not be there."

"You may be right about that, but you must admit dragons could come in handy."

As the two men walked toward the table. Eurostar patted Drake on the shoulder. "My friend, I have no doubt."