Originally Posted By: Wonder Boy
It looks to be inked by Mike Royer, and the Suprman's head is inked by Murphy Anderson. Which was typical of Kirby's JIMMY OLSEN 133-148 run

Yep, Murphy Anderson

Originally Posted By: Wonder Boy
this looks more late 70's/early 80's era Kirby art, although I guess it must. have been done at DC's specification during the 1970-1972 period, or Anderson would not have inked the Superman head.

It looks like a foldout poster, wonder where it's from. Maybe a toy giveaway?

Originally Posted By: G-man
It was from a Superman card/puzzle game that came out in the early to mid-seventies. My younger brother had it as a kid. More pictures from the card game, including what looks like Superman fighting Marvel's Devil Dinosaur and the Toad Men are available here

Thanks for the link. One of the pages...

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3209/2675885811_82e615d4d7_z.jpg

...dates it as 1971(in the lower right).
Although if there wasn't a date, it's listed as copyright National Periodical Publications, which still would place it before 1977, when Jeanette Kahn changed the company name to DC Comics.

Not the best Kirby art I've seen, but still some nice "lost" work, and representative of the period, how the Kirby/Royer and Kirby/Anderson linework looked at the time. Kirby's JIMMY OLSEN run is one of my favorite series. A rare look at Kirby doing a run on a Superman title, with a revival of the Newsboy Legion, an army of guest characters, including Kirby's Fourth World, a lot of bizarre and humorous elements, and a continuity with the Swan/Anderson SUPERMAN and ACTION titles through the Anderson-inked heads, which I liked despite that Kirby himself didn't.
To me it's a run that shows how fun and action-packed a superhero title can be.

A comparable title is the Levitz Giffen LEGION run (issues 285-306) from 1982-1983, that I felt Levitz and Giffen were trying to capture the feel of kirby's JIMMY OLSEN.