Originally Posted By: Matter-eater Man
I think we need more checks and balances on this no matter if it's a d or an r in the White House. People need to decide what they really want instead of playing politics with our national security.

I certainly support more checks and balances.

I had an idea I haven't seen suggested anywhere, that they could set up a review board of retired military officers and intelligence officials, who would independently review all warrants for records. They would already have pensions that could not be threatened, and thus could review independently, while also having great experience with the material they would be reviewing.

If you have a problem with politicizing national security, you should have huge problem with the Obama administration. Examples include leaking every detail of the Bin Ladin raid, to the point that former defense secretary Robert Gates told them to "Shut the fuck up!"

And the Obama administration's betraying --again at the the very highest level, from Obama's White House national security staff-- of Israel's planned attack on Iran from airfields in Aizerbaijan, that would have done out dirty work for us, but had to be scrapped, thanks to the political motivations of Obama's inner circle. Thanks to Clapper or whoever, Iran is still building nukes.