Originally Posted By: Matter-eater Man
It looks like you guys are the ones having the hissy fit over a company just asking people not to bring their guns into their place of business. I doubt most gun owners actually feel their right to own a gun includes being able to carry them into other people's private homes and companies.

Private home? Not so much.

Company? Absolutely; you mean my concealed, holstered gun that I'm licensed to carry has no business being on me in a gas station, but a knife is okay? Let's not forget the improvised weapons (board, glass bottle, bat, wrench, hammer, etc) that can usually be found at most places.

With that out of the way, I think (speculate) that most of the events in question are in open-carry friendly states, whereas Texas is not. I don't see anything wrong with Starbucks being averse to having large crowds of patrons/demonstrators/whatever assembling in their store with guns hanging on their hips, but this Schultz guy seems kind of like a douche by publicly saying "he doesn't want to put workers in the position of having to confront armed customers by banning guns."
I mean. Most law-abiding gun owners who carry will know, if they're asked to take the gun out of an establishment, they ARE required to do so, or face possible trespassing charges.

Originally Posted By: Ultimate Jaburg53
Damn, I was going to rob a Starbucks. I guess if I can't bring my gun in I'll have to rob someplace else.

Basically. Just one more target-rich environment. I don't "boycott" places that don't allow weapons. Do I stop and think twice before entering? Well, sure; if Walmart, with all of its nutjob customers, decided to ban guns I'd probably not be too keen on going in there as much.

The area I'm in is sort of known for armed robberies and escalated incidents stemming from vandalism and break-ins. Usually, person gets caught, a confrontation ensues, the confrontation becomes physical, someone gets hurt. I prefer having a faster means of responding to assailants than verbal reassurance that police are on their way. Eventually.

"Ah good. Now I'm on the internet clearly saying I like tranny cleavage. This shouldn't get me harassed at all."
-- Lothar of the Hill People