Wishful thinking, M E M.

As I've said before, gay marriage and other Political Correctness can be imposed on an unwilling public, but we will never accept it in our hearts.

The fact that a few sheep's-clothed "conservatives" surrender on the issue doesn't change what hundreds of millions know to be a mockery of true marriage.

And I would advise the Pope to read his own holy book:

http://www.biblegateway.com/versions/New-International-Version-NIV-Bible/#books
  • GENESIS 18 and 19 (destruction of Sodom and Gommorah)
    LEVITICUS 20:13 ("A man shall not lay with a man, the way he does with a woman...")
    ROMANS 1:18-32 (homosexuality a manifestation of society that has "given themselves over to a depraved mind" and are on the edge of self-destruction.)

And affirming the above in the New Testament:

1 CORINTHIANS 6:9-11
    2 PETER 2:1-12
    JUDE v5-10

and there are thousands of psych professionals who still treat homosexuality as a compulsive --and curable-- disorder.

Is it possible to turn gay people straight?"

As I cited above, a disproportionate (46%) of homosexuals report being homosexually molested at a young age, and themselves seek out counseling to rid themselves of confused homosexual feelings that they themselves attribute to their molestation.

Add to that, far from desiring objective study of the subject, how gay activists try to harass and intimidate into silence any who even ask the question of whether homosexuality might not be inborn.

The Pope's strategy of surrender on gay marriage and abortion belies that the facts, both in the church's own Bible, and in the known facts on these issues. If he only had the courage to stand for these issues, instead of caving in to nebulous perception of liberal-dominated public opinion.